Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. (19021 Views)

Senate Laments Ban Of Nigeria’s Agric Products By EU / Nigeria Spends N4.62 Trillion On Security In 5 Years, Yet Widespread Insecurity / POLITICS!! Ben Bruce Declares For Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by rocgirl: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Silverbird
Group, Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce, on Monday declared
his intention to represent Bayelsa East Senatorial
District in the National Assembly. With his declaration, Murray-Bruce has the likes of
Senator Barigha Amange, Clever Ikisipo to
contend with for the senatorial seat. Though Murray-Bruce is from Akassa speaking
group of Brass Local Government where the
senatorial seat has been zoned to, Amange
cautioned recently that zoning should not be at
the expense of merit and experience. Ikisipo on his part said there was no zoning in
the Bayelsa East, insisting that there was never a
time stakeholders discussed zoning in the district. Murray-Bruce said if his people believed in him
and support his aspiration, he would ensure he
sponsored bills to tackle poverty in the country. He said, “I am running for the Senate because I
am interested in the laws of our land; I am
interested in making change and I am not
interested in business as usual. “I have always been concerned about the
poverty of the mind, about women who are not
being protected, children who are being raped,
men who are paedophiles, a society where there
is no order, we must bring order to our society. “There are too many poor people living under the
bridge. Nigeria is too rich for people to be poor
and Nigeria is too poor for the super upper class
to be so rich. That has to stop.” He regretted that most wealthy Nigerians were
not paying their taxes, insisting that if they were
paying their taxes, it would be rare to see an
individual having three private jets. He added, “If they pay their taxes, an individual
will not have three private jets and the poor man
on the street will have a chance to make a living.
There is no way I will be a happy seeing my
children go to private school and my staff do not
have their children at school and cannot eat three meals a day. “This society will explode and implode, there will
be violence, there will be mayhem, unless
politicians start thinking rationally.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/murray-bruce-declares-for-senate-laments-widespread-poverty/

13 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by obezaleel(m): 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
under which party?

2 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by zoeee(f): 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lol... At last...

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by JEITO: 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
It is either PDP or PDP because there's only one Party in Bayelsa state cool

19 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by shady26(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
this man stands a better chance winning the presidential elections than the present crop of politicians we have contesting for it. his few words even made more sense and has better direction than all the useless paper read foolish declarations with rented crowds we have witnessed so far.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by vicadex07(m): 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
Who d Bleep is he. What has he done to improve the live of poor people around him asides orgarnizing beauty pageants. angry

20 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by persius555(m): 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
Bravo, at last. Men of valour and substance stepping into politics. Muarray bruce, you have my vote already.

4 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 28, 2014
no flex zone

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Odisco2(m): 4:36am On Oct 28, 2014
What is this I am hearing? Ah! now I see! politics is a reigning investment in Nigeria. I shake head for this country. Oga BRUCE, go and pack money abeg,. You and I know that You are not concern about the welfare of the common people. tell me the truth, You are going for the sole aim of "packing money".

I am still waiting for the beautiful one that is yet to be born...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by bunmioguns(m): 4:37am On Oct 28, 2014
How that one take konsain me

undecided
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 28, 2014
k
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by leonard509(m): 4:38am On Oct 28, 2014
11th
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by pastoraaaaaa: 4:38am On Oct 28, 2014

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by ilotriouzAY(m): 4:39am On Oct 28, 2014
Another celebrity
Poverty indeed
Afta charging 100naira for voting for awards
SMH

3 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by pastoraaaaaa: 4:41am On Oct 28, 2014
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by devigblegble: 4:43am On Oct 28, 2014
Every dogs n cats wants to go into politics now , oh excuse me, I forgot it's 9ja polithieves
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 28, 2014
He shouldn't even bother....Cos he stands no chance from his geo political zone.
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by edgyslim: 4:44am On Oct 28, 2014
10 bucks says its the PDP. The guy na business man.

Business men like sure things.

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by LMAyedun(m): 4:45am On Oct 28, 2014
Good luck to him this time
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Rapsainot(m): 4:45am On Oct 28, 2014
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 28, 2014
angry tongue he said he is doing this for the people since no politician has ever said this i will vote for him

4 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:49am On Oct 28, 2014
He is just going to government to expand his business and stop paying taxes and kick backs. Reject the opportunity seeker bayelsa people, if you guys rejected gej, we wont be where we are today.
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by mesoade(m): 4:49am On Oct 28, 2014
Didn't know he is a nigerian . . Murray-bruce
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 28, 2014
Wonderlands:
mesoade:
mrworldwide1:
Rapsainot:
undecided

one thing i dont understand about this booking space is..

1, are you people booking space then go around looking for advertisers or hungry bloggers to pay you off and start spreading their miserable stuffs,
2 or is it a case of empty brains that cant even make a single comment on an issue that does not need one to write a novel or an essay on.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 28, 2014
diluminati:

1, are you people booking space then go around looking for advertisers or hungry bloggers to pay you off and start spreading their miserable stuffs,
2 or is it a case of empty brains that cant even make a single comment on an issue that does not need one to write a novel or an essay on.

its the lamba
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:56am On Oct 28, 2014
Its to make fp something u never did in your life
diluminati:

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by mesoade(m): 4:56am On Oct 28, 2014
diluminati:

you don't undestand space booking and you've been on NL since 2011.
Ma'am,you need a brain implant . . . #nooffense

2 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by mesoade(m): 4:57am On Oct 28, 2014
mrworldwide1:
and when did making FP,become a great achievement? . . I swear,ure a kid

17 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 28, 2014
mesoade:
you don't undestand space booking and you've been on NL since 2011.
Ma'am,you need a brain implant . . . #nooffense

thats why i'm asking, because it seems inappropriate for a graduate like you to have nothing to say at that moment's notice, it's really shameful

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 28, 2014
mrworldwide1:

don't commit suicide because of a common online forum script

9 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by TheRealAdonye(m): 4:59am On Oct 28, 2014
He said he would pass meaningful bills..

That's what they all say..
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 28, 2014
Youre a kid for entering someones biz mind yours
mesoade:
and when did making FP,become a great achievement? . . I swear,ure a kid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonye Cole Gifts Traders N15 Million In Rivers State / 2023: Will Tinubu’s Ambition Suffer As He Avoids Obasanjo's Home? / Court Strikes Out DSS' Suit Seeking To Detain Emefiele For A Further 14-days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.