Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me (20963 Views)

See What An Apc Lawyer Has To Say About Buhari. / Aks Tribunal Update: How Etido Inyang Demystified Apc's Lawyer / Apc’s Lawyer Beaten, Arrested And Car Impounded At Enugu Governorship Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
skyfall: While this lawyer obviously erred, I think it's rather courageous of him to have come out openly. Many people would have just disappeared into thin air. That shouldn't prevent him from being penalised by his professional body though. I hope he goes to INEC and withdraws that letter quickly.

PDP...the evil men & women's party.
penalize ke? Can you read ? The registration is legal and flawles!

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by jmaine: 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
skyfall: While this lawyer obviously erred, I think it's rather courageous of him to have come out openly. Many people would have just disappeared into thin air. That shouldn't prevent him from being penalised by his professional body though. I hope he goes to INEC and withdraws that letter quickly.

PDP...the evil men & women's party.

Go back and read the article slowly and carefully again
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by luluosas(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
So, FEEDEEFEE is behind this whole scam after all. For all you stupid Nigerians asking where in the article PDP were mentioned, Ikenga is PDP and PDP is Ikenga. That says it all. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
M-16:

BEWARE OF YORUBA MAN ,HE CONSPIRED WITH NORTH FOR OVER 50 YEARS, ALLOCATED THEMSELVES WITH NIGER DELTA OIL BLOCKS .
SINCE HAUSA AND YORUBA HAS BEEN IN POWER DID THEY HATE PUBLIC FUND OR USE PUBLIC FUND IN THE DETRIMENT OF THE OWNER OF OIL . ALL YOU DO CARE ABOUT IS OIL .
BUT SAY THIS TODAY THAT YOUR BUHARI AND TINUBU OLD CROOKS WILL NOT WIN . WE ARE WATCHING

How can you use what you hate to the detriment of the people?
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
Ada Nri1: my igbo brothers, why are we allowing PDP to use us for their dirty work. We are better than that o. What shall it profit ugochinyere to get a big bank account and suffer the loss of everything morally right. Dirty, very dirty, very very dirty politicians

Which morality are you talking about? What did he do wrong exactly?
Some people are talking fraud, which fraud is it? INEC has not even processed the application.

The only thing here is that this young lawyer has just destroyed the prospect of a promising career, by painting himself to be a coward.
Even Tinubu himself, would have engaged you in future if only you knew how to keep your manhood! Last time I checked political lawyers do not run from controversies, not to talk of when you did absolutely nothing wrong.

At the end of the day, the application has been filed. If the lawyer becomes afraid, he was paid for the job, can be thrown aside. A stronger lawyer will take up the application.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by skyfall: 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
ifeduba1988: penalize ke? Can you read ? The registration is legal and flawles!

It's not by the flawlessness of the letter, kiddo. The guy knows he shouldn't have done that job because of the obvious controversy it was going to cause. He only did it cos he's hungry - he doesn't even have an office. I'm surprised I have to explain this to you and JMAINE.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by baby124: 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
KenGali:

Some people are talking fraud, which fraud is it? INEC has not even processed the application.

The only thing here is that this young lawyer has just destroyed the prospect of a promising career, by painting himself to be a coward.
Even Tinubu himself, would have engaged you in future if only you knew how to keep your manhood! Last time I checked political lawyers do not run from controversies, not to talk of when you did absolutely nothing wrong.

At the end of the day, the application has been filed. If the lawyer becomes afraid, he was paid for the job, can be thrown aside. A stronger lawyer will take up the application.

LMAO. Typical PDP brain. Half baked university students who paid their way through. In some professions (Accountants, lawyers, doctors), once your name is tied to a scandal you are finished professionally. That application is null and void, because it was fraudulent. This guy you people put in trouble was used and abandoned. He now has to go to school to read another course. He is finished as a lawyer! He can be a PDP tout like his employer who has also vanished. Seems PDP is full of cowards. At least be bold! Come up with a new name, and say "Sponsored by PDP". What are you afraid of? Lost votes? This misadventure has already finished you as a party. APC is now coming out looking more mature, focused and purposeful. You don't have shame. At least the other guy vanished when he started receiving calls. You come here to lie. Which other lawyer can take up an application another lawyer filled and filed? You will have to create a new party, a new lawyer and new juvenile address. ROTFLMAO!

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
baby_123:

LMAO. Typical PDP brain. Half baked university students who paid there way through. In some professions (Accountants, lawayers, doctors), once your name is tied to a scandal you are finished professionally. That application is null and void, because it was fraudulent. This guy you people put in trouble was used and abandoned. He now has to go to school to read another course. He is finished as a lawyer! He can be a PDP tout like his employer who has also vanished. Seems PDP is full of cowards. At least be bold! Come up with a new name, and say "Sponsored by PDP". What are you afraid of? Lost votes? This misadventure has already finished you as a party. APC is now coming out looking more mature, focused and purposeful. You don't have shame. At least the other guy vanished when he started receiving calls. You come here to lie. Which other lawyer can take up an application another lawyer filled and filed? You will have to create a new party, a new lawyer and new juvenile address. ROTFLMAO!

Funny, since you are so educated, can you define what is fraudulent about it? You think education is all about writing words you do not even know what they mean?
Let me help you "fraudulent is when you make primary contestants you do not like sign resignation letters before the primaries" a standard practice of ACN in Lagos.

Filing a request to register a political party with INEC is not fraudulent in anyway. If the name has been used, INEC will tell you to change your name. Even then, there is still no fraud, just a clash of interest. Now that INEC says there is no previous APC, this is overly legitimate,

5 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
skyfall:

It's not by the flawlessness of the letter, kiddo. The guy knows he shouldn't have done that job because of the obvious controversy it was going to cause. He only did it cos he's hungry - he doesn't even have an office. I'm surprised I have to explain this to you and JMAINE.
you dont get the point. Under this democratic dispensation. Every nigeria have the right to form a political party in so far you meet the legal requirements

mind you that Both Tinubu and Buhari were once PDP members. Likewise Ikenga forming his own party shld nt be an issue. Its Ex pdp things

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
Now labelled as the “real” APC, the unified party is seeking the Independent National Electoral Commission listing. It consists the Action Congress of Nigeria, All Nigeria Peoples Party, Congress for Progressive Change and a faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance.

Our correspondent who visited the address on the letter-head used to apply for registration, discovered that the space is occupied by IJEOMA DESTINY CHAMBERS. Maji, Emmanuel & Esq is the principal partner.

In an interview with Dailypost, a senior legal counsel at the chamber, Anyebe Imabeun, said the firm was sad by the development.

“Please put us on record, we do not know him (‘APC’ Solicitor). We have never met him and we have no agreement directly or indirectly. We are not politicians, but individuals doing a legitimate job,” he cried.

“I also want to add that we do not represent any political party in Nigeria. This act is embarrassing and we totally dissociate our address from this faceless and mischievous people.”

When asked if his organization was considering reporting the matter to the Police or take a legal action, “It is a civil matter, but we have not informed the Police yet.”

Mr. Imabeun further called on INEC to carry out background checks to ensure that what should be normal process is not abused.

He added that the firm moved from Wuse Zone 3 to its present location over two years ago.

Efforts to reach the press secretary to INEC chairman, Kayode Idowu failed as his line was switched off Thursday evening.

Also, calls put through to Solicitor Chinedu on his two lines went unanswered.

Meanwhile, the phantom, APC unveiled its logo yesterday at a press conference in Abuja.

Source

It is sad to see the career of a promising young lawyer tarnished because others who should know better exploited his naivety.
By all accounts, he is neither the Machiavellian character profiled in the popular press these past few days, or a worthy adversary committed to the cause he has become inextricably linked to.

As there is something particularly unpalatable about this development, which pitches a professional caught in the cross-hairs of 'commitment to duty' and an overheating polity, I will refrain from making any further comments until the dust is fully settled.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by M17: 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
MOST annoying monkey troupes in Africa are coward YORUBA ,thieves .take ondo state your state and vamoose from our land .look at thieves and tribal bigot's who are all over social website exhibiting their hateful tribal rants ,we are use to empty barrels . we are use to oil thieves ,eko onibaje ,eko onibaje fools
you will be amaze again come 2015

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by skyfall: 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
ifeduba1988:
you dont get the point. Under this democratic dispensation. Every nigeria have the right to form a political party in so far you meet the legal requirements

mind you that Both Tinubu and Buhari were once PDP members. Likewise Ikenga forming his own party shld nt be an issue. Its Ex pdp things

Buhari, Tinubu PDP??

Well, if you're still making this kind of statements, then there's no point. Let's all wait and see how it pans out.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
The application is legal and valid.It might not have been moral but it is definitely valid.There is nothing like Fraud here.APC apologists have better face the facts.He was informed by his client to file an application for a new party which he did.

Although it is obvious from his interview he did not really know the ulterior motive behind the new part but that in now way vitiates the legality of the application.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by duddexeng(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
Every foolish person must learn at one stage of life and another. Hear the innocent poor lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by ogaemma: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
I said it in an earlier post this morning that PDP is behind the APC name saga.
Shame on PDP. Your time is up! 2015, Nigerians will unitedly kick you out of Aso Rock. B4 GEJ gives pardon to Henry Okah.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by larrysng(m): 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
I don't know why all U APC supporters are crying over spilled milk. The deed is already done & PDP has achieve their aims. Don't forget this is all politics. No wonder PDP keeps emerging victors over all their counterparts, they are more smarter than the mergers parties that are busy playing propagandas forgetting that their anus is outside.

On the other, the party was legally registered. In case U are one of the doubting thomas ask CAC. If Ikenga who was a PDP member and others at large choose to register a party maybe because they were not happy with policies who are U to stop them of exercising their rights? After all buhari, tinubu and others were members of different political parties before merging to form the imaginary APC whose their sole aim is to wrestle Power from PDP .All of U APC supporter choose learn from these cos Procastination is not good, it kills Dream.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by guyosict(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
coolYeye lawyer way we get 4 naja, C has just 1 man use ur head. And U call ur self lawyer, sorry such PdP go always D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ on top, cox my oga on top say so.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Dede1(m): 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
I will engage the services of this young lawyer any day for future litigation. There is no wrong doing politically by the people who were behind the registration of African People’s Congress. The term APC is not the birth right of anybody or the shameless airheads who congregated on Borno for silly political grandstand and forgot the main business of the day.

3 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source

It is sad to see the career of a promising young lawyer tarnished because others who should know better exploited his naivety.
By all accounts, he is neither the Machiavellian character profiled in the popular press these past few days, or a worthy adversary committed to the cause he has become inextricably linked to.

As there is something particularly unpalatable about this development, which pitches a professional caught in the cross-hairs of commitment to duty' and an overheating polity, I would hold off from making any further comments until the dust is fully settled.

"Overheating Polity??" that is overly exaggerating. Why will the polity overheat just because a party needs to adopt a new name.lol Are people demonstrating in Lagos? the rest of the country is peaceful.
For the benefit of other young lawyers, the cowardly rants of the lawyer is what will destroy his career. Who wants a cowardly lawyer?? Lawyers make a living from problems and controversies, not by pleading morality. This whole thing will be forgotten as soon as Tinubu and Buhari announce their new name. Any decision made by INEC about the name APC is subject to further litigation after any election. The merger knows that whatever happens they must choose a new name.

Meaning that those people who know better, know that this so called confession by the lawyer is simply an attempt by the the merger group to turn a bad turn of events into a good publicity. The whole idea is to tell Nigerians that it is the PDP, instead of an oversight by the merger group.
This will of-course be followed by PDP denying any connection with the cowardly lawyer, while the real APC will claim to have engaged him. Leading the merger APC back to square-one on how to explain their oversight.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by M17: 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
where are my fellow Niger Delta people sef make una talkie now wey Yoruba saboteurs don dey float nairaland with BUHARI/TINUBU POLITICS this dunces are talking about change and now they scaring future generation with faces of OLD thieves .
man i rather vote WIZKID OR DBANJ FOR PRESIDENT . OPEN YOUR SNAKE EYE

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by htajz: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
KenGali:

the lawyer sef na mumu , he didnt do anything wrong yt he is giving in to acn/cpc intimidation, if i be am i dont see why i shouold give them info i will simply tell them i registered the party for my apc clients end of story.

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by ziccoit: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
M-16:
where are my fellow Niger Delta people sef make una talkie now wey Yoruba saboteurs don dey float nairaland with BUHARI/TINUBU POLITICS this dunces are talking about change and now they scaring future generation with faces of OLD thieves .

The way u voted your sxxpid Oga at the top

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by htajz: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
baby_123:

LMAO. Typical PDP brain. Half baked university students who paid their way through. In some professions (Accountants, lawyers, doctors), once your name is tied to a scandal you are finished professionally. That application is null and void, because it was fraudulent. This guy you people put in trouble was used and abandoned. He now has to go to school to read another course. He is finished as a lawyer! He can be a PDP tout like his employer who has also vanished. Seems PDP is full of cowards. At least be bold! Come up with a new name, and say "Sponsored by PDP". What are you afraid of? Lost votes? This misadventure has already finished you as a party. APC is now coming out looking more mature, focused and purposeful. You don't have shame. At least the other guy vanished when he started receiving calls. You come here to lie. Which other lawyer can take up an application another lawyer filled and filed? You will have to create a new party, a new lawyer and new juvenile address. ROTFLMAO!
you are stupid , can you point out one thing the lawyer of whoever he registered the party for did wrong.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by htajz: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
M-16:
we dey here, buhari and tinubu are not getting anywhere close to aso rock in 2015 thats a promise, they are other more pressing issues like coming election in anambra next year.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by ziccoit: 8:00pm On Mar 15, 2013
larrysng: I don't know why all U APC supporters are crying over spilled milk. The deed is already done & PDP has achieve their aims. Don't forget this is all politics. No wonder PDP keeps emerging victors over all their counterparts, they are more smarter than the mergers parties that are busy playing propagandas forgetting that their anus is outside.

On the other, the party was legally registered. In case U are one of the doubting thomas ask CAC. If Ikenga who was a PDP member and others at large choose to register a party maybe because they were not happy with policies who are U to stop them of exercising their rights? After all buhari, tinubu and others were members of different political parties before merging to form the imaginary APC whose their sole aim is to wrestle Power from PDP .All of U APC supporter choose learn from these cos Procastination is not good, it kills Dream.

No PDP is not smarter rather helped to boost the image and popularity of the young party-APC.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by htajz: 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
KenGali:

"Overheating Polity??" that is overly exaggerating. Why will the polity overheat just because a party needs to adopt a new name.lol Are people demonstrating in Lagos? the rest of the country is peaceful.
For the benefit of other young lawyers, the cowardly rants of the lawyer is what will destroy his career. Who wants a cowardly lawyer?? Lawyers make a living from problems and controversies, not by pleading morality. This whole thing will be forgotten as soon as Tinubu and Buhari announce their new name. Any decision made by INEC about the name APC is subject to further litigation after any election. The merger knows that whatever happens they must choose a new name.

Meaning that those people who know better, know that this so called confession by the lawyer is simply an attempt by the the merger group to turn a bad turn of events into a good publicity. The whole idea is to tell Nigerians that it is the PDP, instead of an oversight by the merger group.
This will of-course be followed by PDP denying any connection with the cowardly lawyer, while the real APC will claim to have engaged him. Leading the merger APC back to square-one on how to explain their oversight.
u just nailed it , one bottle for my head
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by buchi4action(m): 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
babapupa: Though the whole truth is yet to surface, but at least the scam is getting exposed all over the place.

I just don't know why nigerians are si dubious and criminally minded and even why they can not do things the right way.

Must any serious, honest and credible political party steal another party's name when their are billions of other names to chose from?

DON'T blame PDP for this mess, the meger APC party are to be blamed. HOW CAN THE PUBLICLY ANNOUNCE AND RUN A PARTY WITHOUT REGISTERING IT THROUGH INEC?. This shows their unseriousness. Let them form another party and stop this nuisance because (African Peoples Congress) APC has been registered by INEC.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Toktee(m): 8:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
KenGali:

Funny, since you are so educated, can you define what is fraudulent about it? You think education is all about writing words you do not even know what they mean?
Let me help you "fraudulent is when you make primary contestants you do not like sign resignation letters before the primaries" a standard practice of ACN in Lagos.

Filing a request to register a political party with INEC is not fraudulent in anyway. If the name has been used, INEC will tell you to change your name. Even then, there is still no fraud, just a clash of interest. Now that INEC says there is no previous APC, this is overly legitimate,
Guy you are very dull,i wonder is one of these out campus university you attend or maybe you have a reading problem..........i do not know the type of dictionary you to difine fraudulent but i think you used longman dic.,the whole thing is fraudulent,did he ikenga told the young lawyer the consequencies of the assignment he was given to him;why must he keep assuring the young lawyer that the people behind the mysterous apc will protect him,who are the people behind it;you see that iz also a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by MarcoP: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
Please be knowledgeable and read between the line. This story of a remorseful self-confessing lawyer is all a creation of Lai Mohammed. How come its only the Nation which is owned by Tinubu of ACN reported it.
I told my friends from day one that the coalition will never work because there can never be honour among thieves.

And to all those criticizing the PDP, let him who is without sin throw the first stone. As far as I'm concerned, there is not yet any alternative to PDP for now.

The only credible alternative I forsee post 2015 is a detribalized youth- focused party that will bring a revolutionary change to our polity.

Any politician with ideas on how to move Nigeria forward can suggest same to the government in power. ACN should stop harrassing Nigerians with high noise level because Tinubu has 'a fat political war chest of stolen public fund'.

Just my 2 naira.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT / Ex-governors In Senate To Back Amaechi / NNPC Considers Crude Importation From Chad, Niger Republic For Kaduna Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.