Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me (20971 Views)

See What An Apc Lawyer Has To Say About Buhari. / Aks Tribunal Update: How Etido Inyang Demystified Apc's Lawyer / Apc’s Lawyer Beaten, Arrested And Car Impounded At Enugu Governorship Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by saintohia: 12:00am On Mar 16, 2013

What's the current status?

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Eziachi: 12:00am On Mar 16, 2013
slimghost:

How is it a one man action? So the Ezennia guy was supposed to have visited the lawyer with all his party members or what? Bros what's ur point pls? Tinubu nd co should face the truth and stop whipping up unnecessary childish sentiments. They are not ready yet, maybe in 2019, since they can't get simple registration of party right. Buncha retards
My point is, unlike some of you I am saying things based on what I read, not what I felt must have happened. The guy has gave us a name, the person, not persons or group that hired him for his professional services.
Unless you have further inside information other than what he said and you read, then you can tell me.
We can only wait for the whole thing to unravel.
For example- will the PDP officially distanced themselves from Mr Ikenga?
Will Mr Ikenga go ahead with registration?
Will he make a statement now as the official subscriber of the new party with possible others behind it?
Does he still claim to be a member of PDP, while trying to register a new party and calling PDP names in his paper agenda?
Will the young lawyer still be his legal representative?
If that is the case, who is the new legal representative or firm?
Until then, any other opinion is based purely on speculation and hearsay and not fact and I prefer factual than speculation.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by 3kay945(m): 12:05am On Mar 16, 2013
Michky: Now lets crack this puzzle once and for all.

Its is no longer news that the pdp is the one behind the african progress party or whatever they're naming it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1226699/controversial-apcs-lawyer-regrets-action

The basic question is this: Why is pdp so worried about that apc acronym that they hurriedly made a counterfeit for it?

Simple.

https://www.nairaland.com/1198947/apc-displace-pdp-tb-joshua

Explanation: TB Joshua in February pronounced that the apc will unseat the pdp. right? Now, every right thinking Nigerian knows that when that man prophesy, there's no need to ask questions. Just wait for it to come to pass. Presidents of other African and Non-African countries have reportedly consulted with this Prophet in the past. One of them is the late ghananian president.

What am i trying to say? Now, Joshua says apc will unseat pdp. right? Joshua however didn't specify which particular apc will do it (ofcource there won't have been any need for any acronym specification at that time since no one saw this new pdp staunt coming). So, the crooks in pdp have thought it wise to create a toothless apc hence ensuring that that prophesy doesn't come to life.

Honestly, i think that was a very smart move. All things being equal, its now certain that the pdp will retain that seat come 2015. Sad news i must confess. Ofcourse unless inec will allow more than one apc. One thing is certain though. This movie has not seen its end yet.

This is just your own conjecture,.. the power to remove the clueless president and pdp is in the hands of Nigerian, either peacefully or forcefully. APC is just an acronym of a party das all.

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Eziachi: 12:05am On Mar 16, 2013
bamosagie:

Nah, not a one man action.
Though one man hired the lawyer on behalf of a group of politicians that recently unveiled their party logo, manifesto and constitution, with their chairman giving a lenghty and impressive speech.
You may be right and that may be the case, but as we stand, we only knew one man. If you knew another person other than Ikenga based purely on the Lawyers statement, then tell us.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 12:12am On Mar 16, 2013
sluvy4tune:
TINUBU AND BUHARI HAS SECRETLY APPROACH THIS MAN (THAT'S IF THE REAL LAWYER IS NOT IMPERSONATED) TO COME OUT AND SPILL THIS TRASH USING CONSCIENCE & REGRETS AS HIS REASONS FOR COMING OUT CLEAN

With this retar/ded and baseless assertion, there is absolutely no reason to pay you any attention or take you and your likes seriously.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by otokx(m): 12:24am On Mar 16, 2013
super story
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 12:25am On Mar 16, 2013
Eziachi:
I totally agreed with your first three lines of thought, but there is no legal implication to what he has done, Moral implication yes, but there is nothing unlawful between what he did and what his client wants to do too. Morality has no legal framework anywhere in the world, just personal conscience.

Was the address and phone number of the political party he was representing on INEC'S official application documents? Is he a legal tenant at the address he used on behalf of this bogus political party? Was there a known party HQ anywhere in Abuja and the 26 states as required by INEC at the point of registration?

Explains why his friends, his oga, his own law office and the folks at the law office he used as a front are running away from him and his scam, explains why he's now on his own high and dry with no fake APC representative lending support or giving him cover. Explains why he's naming names and exposing the scam for what it is..

This scam stinks like shitttt..
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 1:03am On Mar 16, 2013

Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere Micheal leading a PDP rally.

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 1:06am On Mar 16, 2013
with Dr Halliru bello. Former PDP national chairman and minister of defense

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 1:30am On Mar 16, 2013

Exposed: PDP ‘Hatchet Man’ behind rival APC registration

Mr. Ikenga had also attempted to force the extension of the tenure of former chairman of INEC, Maurice Iwu, at a time Nigerians were unanimous in their call for the professor’s sack from the electoral body.

Mr. Ikenga had on April 2, 2010 led three ‘pro-democracy groups’ to the National Assembly to stage a rally seeking for tenure extension for Mr. Iwu.

The three groups, the Alliance for Defence of Democracy, National Youth Coalition for Progressive Transformation and the Northern Patriotic Forum went to the Assembly to request for extension for Mr. Iwu “to enable him to conduct the 2011 general elections”.

“Electoral process can only be consolidated where there is continuity in leadership,” Mr. Ikenga said in his address at the rally.

He argued that section 157 of the 1999 Constitution made provision for the re-appointment of the INEC chairman, “so why are people crying even when the chairman has two months to go,” he said.

ugo Chinyere Ikenga

The rent- a-crowd

One common feature Mr. Ikenga is known for is his ability to easily mobilise a crowd for a protest in the Nigerian capital.

People who know and have worked with the lawyer in the past allege that he is available to the highest bidder as a hatchet man; and sometimes goes to satellite towns in the Nigerian capital to rent the crowd he uses for his protests.

This time around, however, he’s moved beyond public protests to sponsoring what could turn to a be a major political upheaval in Nigeria; as the All Progressives Congress have insisted that they would not change name to accommodate the African Peoples Congress.

Ikenga does not like to be disturbed

When PREMIUM TIMES contacted Mr. Ikenga to confirm if he was behind the registration of the African Peoples Congress, he declined comment.

“Why is everybody calling me about this thing? Today is my girlfriend’s birthday and these calls from journalists is pissing her off,” he said before he cut off the line.

The PDP would also not respond to the reason one of its members sponsored the formation of a rival party or if he had the backing of the party to carry out the action.

The National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh, did not answer or return calls made to his phone.

Related posts:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125102-exposed-pdp-hatchet-man-behind-rival-apc-registration.html
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by manmade(m): 1:55am On Mar 16, 2013
take dat: Ugochinyere Ikenga is a PDP card carrying member. He heads the PDP Stakeholders' Forum
!

www.bentelevision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1191:lawyer-asks-court-to-stop-bamanga-tukur&catid=72:breaking-news

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stakeholders-congratulate-tukur-harp-on-unity-discipline-in-pdp/112304/

Its now glaring that PDP is scared of the merger and is hell bent on frustrating it in order to consolidate on her democracy of spreading poverty. The coalition party should abandon the name and register a new one! PDP, the masters of do or die politics, no wonder Ahmadu Alli once boasted that PDP wll rule Nigeria for 60years! God will deliver Nigeria from PDP some day!

How many ugochinyere ikenga do we have in nigeria ?. One million and one and assuming without conceeding that the inexperience and obviously naïve lawyer was briefed by one Ugochinyere Ikenga,thre is nothing in the article suggesting that it is the same ugochinyere of PDP that briefed him.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by manmade(m): 2:05am On Mar 16, 2013
babapupa: Though the whole truth is yet to surface, but at least the scam is getting exposed all over the place.

I just don't know why nigerians are si dubious and criminally minded and even why they can not do things the right way.

Must any serious, honest and credible political party steal another party's name when their are billions of other names to chose from?

Nobody is" stealing" anybody's name here , remember that equity aids the diligent and not the indolent . If a party choose to be a noise maker and the other one is an action doer . Pls what wrong has the latter done?
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 2:17am On Mar 16, 2013
manmade: Nobody is" stealing" anybody's name here , remember that equity aids the diligent and not the indolent . If a party choose to be a noise maker and the other one is an action doer . Pls what wrong has the latter done?

For argument sake, let me drop down to your dubious level. How trustworthy are you as a political party if the very first act of yours as a political party is this scam and charade over name? The name APC in Nigeria is not a secrete, we all know APC belongs to the merger party so why pick their name for any reason? What's your point or what are you trying to prove apart from the fact that you lack common decency and curtsey, that you are mischievous, that you lack prudence and your judgment as a political party sucks and should be questioned.

It only educate the public about the kind of dubious,disrespectful and mischievous people you have within your party and you should never be trusted with any votes.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by baby124: 2:17am On Mar 16, 2013
babapupa:
Exposed: PDP ‘Hatchet Man’ behind rival APC registration

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/125102-exposed-pdp-hatchet-man-behind-rival-apc-registration.html

Wow, so he is a lawyer! A lawyer that hired a lawyer to do a fraudulent job. That lawyer that was used is quite dumb and greedy. He should have asked him, why don't you use your own name to file the documents. You are a lawyer, am sure you can represent yourself.lmao. Someone knew and understood the consequences clearly. See wickedness. Well, at the end of the day, he has also been exposed.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by BetaThings: 3:42am On Mar 16, 2013
jmaine:

Oboy stop whining ceaselessly . . . . The lousy merging parties were silly in raising so much dust and propaganda when their identity wasn't even solidified and confirmed

They should learn their lessons and learn how to be stealth and decisive . .Politics is not for lousy toddlers running needlessly unclad with no clear defined purpose and objective . .
Whine? I don't do that. I just look at the actions of people and ask why some people do what they do
Abacha did his stuff. Nzeribe too. Where are theyr?

jmaine:
JEGA de-registering weak parties doesn't place an automatic embargo on upcoming ones including the merging parties . . .
So why are Jonathan's supporters celebrating the de-registration of some parties and the impending registration of new ones?
In particular, you have called the merging parties a "lousy one" why?
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 16, 2013
babapupa:

Was the address and phone number of the political party he was representing on INEC'S official application documents? Is he a legal tenant at the address he used on behalf of this bogus political party? Was there a known party HQ anywhere in Abuja and the 26 states as required by INEC at the point of registration?

Explains why his friends, his oga, his own law office and the folks at the law office he used as a front are running away from him and his scam, explains why he's now on his own high and dry with no fake APC representative lending support or giving him cover. Explains why he's naming names and exposing the scam for what it is..

This scam stinks like shitttt..
Do you have his application to know which address he indicated? or you just want to take us for a ride to justify your false claim of fraud.
Do not mistake the lawyers address with that of the political party. You should be intelligent enough to know the basic difference.

Am sure you saw the news of the unveiling of the party logo at their Head Quarters. So where did you manufacture the requirement that the Head Quarters must exist before application?

Next you will pick on the lawyers address. Am sure you read where he stated that his chambers is registered with the CAC. Hence its a perfect legal entity. flawless.
When the issue of his chambers address comes up, we will talk about it, that one is very easy. the address is being shared by several law firms.

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by EkoIle1: 4:16am On Mar 16, 2013
KenGali:
Do you have his application to know which address he indicated? or you just want to take us for a ride to justify your false claim of fraud.

Is he a legal tenant at the address he used on behalf of this bogus political party and why are the folks at the address and both law firms at the address running away from him and his scam?

Answer that first and get back at me... I'll ignore the rest of your crap.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by romanlaw(m): 4:31am On Mar 16, 2013
Why is the info only on The Nations News Paper? I waited patiently to hear it on Channels News but it wasn't aired. Having Known The Nations Newspaper as Tifnubu pet , I take the news as fake.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by BetaThings: 5:12am On Mar 16, 2013
romanlaw: Why is the info only on The Nations News Paper? I waited patiently to hear it on Channels News but it wasn't aired. Having Known The Nations Newspaper as Tifnubu pet , I take the news as fake.

The Nation reports that PDP is a party registered in Nigeria, that Jonathan is president etc Do you believe those
BTW why don't you verify the claims of the guy that he is enrolled with the supreme court?
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by arusoncd(m): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Lawyers are not meant to be cowards! Why do you shiver? Just sell the brief to me and hand over your bar licence back to base. You are a monument of shame to learned men!

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by kabba7(m): 7:03am On Mar 16, 2013
slimghost: where did he mention PDP? In case yall dont know,his application is in order. APC has been taken, it doesn't matter who took it or not. THERE IS NO ILLEGALITY IN WHAT HE DID!

Please can anyone educate on why overtime there is a dirty job to be done in Nigeria there will always be available an Igbo person to do it .
These incidents are quite disgraceful so for #80, 000 a lawyer lost his senses '
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 16, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is he a legal tenant at the address he used on behalf of this bogus political party and why are the folks at the address and both law firms at the address running away from him and his scam?

Answer that first and get back at me... I'll ignore the rest of your crap.

Did you bother to check that the chambers is patnership btw him and his friend who is a legal tenant at the address. Do you also think your media interrogation is the right tool for finding out who is a legal tenant in a place? Park well my guy, there is no case and no fraud either.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by vedaxcool(m): 8:40am On Mar 16, 2013
What PDP and its supporters do not know is that Nigeria is greater than them and Nigeria will overcome every evil plots they hatch, where is Abacha today? PDP and its supporters should know by now the game is up!
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by dammytosh: 8:42am On Mar 16, 2013
LOL

THE NATION NEWSPAPER reporting grin grin grin grin grin grin

This politicians and their show of shame.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by jmaine: 8:50am On Mar 16, 2013
BetaThings:
So why are Jonathan's supporters celebrating the de-registration of some parties and the impending registration of new ones?

It's obvious you have nothing reasonable to say by grand standing here . . . Everyone was happy that INEC de-registered all those paper - only political parties;

so am wondering how on Earth you feel the action of INEC was specifically advantageous to GEJ when he belongs to the biggest and strongest of them all . .

Please deploy a reasonable grand standing question next time . . .

BetaThings:
In particular, you have called the merging parties a "lousy one" why?

Lousy is when you go on a full scale propaganda route, without first been sure of your identity and status . .

Do i need to spell it out further to you . . .
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by dammytosh: 9:19am On Mar 16, 2013
arusoncd: Lawyers are not meant to be cowards! Why do you shiver? Just sell the brief to me and hand over your bar licence back to base. You are a monument of shame to learned men!

You don't know anything my brother. That guy is not a coward. Even APC might have paid him MORE to act the drama. Remember Tinubu can bank roll any movie in this country. The cash is there.

I don't know why the individual parties have not done any congress to ratify the merger. All they are doing is make noise on the front of newspaper.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by omonnakoda: 9:32am On Mar 16, 2013
baby_123:

Wow, so he is a lawyer! A lawyer that hired a lawyer to do a fraudulent job. That lawyer that was used is quite dumb and greedy. He should have asked him, why don't you use your own name to file the documents. You are a lawyer, am sure you can represent yourself.lmao. Someone knew and understood the consequences clearly. See wickedness. Well, at the end of the day, he has also been exposed.
Nothing fraudulent about it. We should separate sentiment from law and objectivity
we should rather be asking questions like
Have any laws been broken ?
Personally I have a problem with a law ,if such a law exists,that says two different parties cannot have the same Acronym. Though it may be argued to be necessary as our people are largely illiterate.
Nevertheless,Buhari and his people should fight this through the courts and if they lose they must have a plan B. Of course if they lose the case they should learn how to do less talking and more action in the future
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by PENMIGHT(m): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2013
Imagine a Father nuturing up a boy as his own son only to find out that the suppossed mother,his wife,only cajouled him all these years into believing the son was his but in reality she was only paid by his step mother to produce a son whose need was just for existence sake and just to bear his name and only to be named as the sole beneficiary in his will after his school and not to fufil a definite purpose in life. The father got to know this and declare the son a bastard(a product of deceit) on the pages of newspaper.The Questions are these -(1) Is d 'Father'(lawyer) a mumu- YES,but a naïve one. (2) Is d 'Mother' fraudulent- YES. (3) Is the suppossed 'son' legitimately a product of the father and hence,can continue to bear his name?- No. (3). Would it be bad for d school,having read d said newspaper,decides to expel the son claiming admission was done under false pretense?- No. Nothing built on deceit should stand;not in the law court,not in the society and definitely not in the hearts of men(good men).
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by 3kay945(m): 10:49am On Mar 16, 2013
manmade: How many ugochinyere ikenga do we have in nigeria ?. One million and one and assuming without conceeding that the inexperience and obviously naïve lawyer was briefed by one Ugochinyere Ikenga,thre is nothing in the article suggesting that it is the same ugochinyere of PDP that briefed him.

You sound funny dude, I know you're not sincere with your post, are you?
if I may uphold your assertion I say it's damnn coincidence.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by slimghost(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2013
kabba7:

Please can anyone educate on why overtime there is a dirty job to be done in Nigeria there will always be available an Igbo person to do it .
These incidents are quite disgraceful so for #80, 000 a lawyer lost his senses '

I didn't knww Igbos where the ones that went to aso rock, collected money and sold Abiola's mandate. I didn't even knw Abiola's aide who collected money frrom Al mustafa and contributed to Kudirat's murder is Igbo. Should I continue? Idio.t

1 Like

Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by Goldcon: 11:53am On Mar 16, 2013
My guy the best thing for that boy is to issue a media statement and deny the whole report, find a good SAN and attach himself to and learn. Also demand adequate protection from his sponsors. He thought PDP used him, its now that he is being used. After this media report on him his career has gone to the bins!

That is why I said that the young lawyer has misused his career opportunity.
Re: Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me by babapupa: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
KenGali:
Did you bother to check that the chambers is patnership btw him and his friend who is a legal tenant at the address. Do you also think your media interrogation is the right tool for finding out who is a legal tenant in a place? Park well my guy, there is no case and no fraud either.

He said he used his friends address and not his own address.

No need for him to use or say used his friends address if hes employed at that address or a legal tenant at that address, but he did because he's no a legal tenant there.

Learn how to read and comprehend. When you feel out official government forms and they ask for your address, you use your own official and legal address, not other peoples address. Using other peoples address is fraud and pure intent to comment fraud, its deception, its called lies.

Obviously, he wasn't oblivious about his shady actions when he took that job, furthermore the application form he used was not an official government application form, it was computer generated so this scam was facilitated by corrupt/PDP INEC officials else this should have raised a red flag and stop right away. They don't even let lawyers or agents file applications so its still a misery why they allowed this man to file applications with bogus info. Obviously a collaboration between INEC and these fraudulent characters.

Why the needless arguments anyways? The facts are out there, we have clear and direct linkage between the fraudulent filings and the characters involved and also the same characters at the fake APC scammers sending emails back n forth with Official PDP email addresses.

You people really need to find other sane issues to defend and not this scam and fraud because only fraudulent and criminally minded people defend and make excuses for such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: Police Arrest PDP Members Over Illegal Possession Of Ballot Papers / 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP / Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.