Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Take On "My Oga At The Top" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On "My Oga At The Top" (933 Views)

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. / Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On "My Oga At The Top" by fitzmayowa: 6:40am On Mar 16, 2013
For some days now, the media has been over flooded with the phtase "My Oga at The Top" which emanated from the live interview @Channels TV granted Mr Sham Obafaiye, the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
Whilst so many have chosen to turn this to a joke, i think it should be an eye opener for us.
Now, let's learn some lessons from this:

1. Be very conversant with the happenings around you at all times. Ignorance can be very deadly!

2. Regardless of your qualification strive to possess a sound Interpersonal Communication Skill (IPC). This will prevent you from making incoherent presentations. He was unable to answer any question appropiately!

3. Regardless of the case, be calm, remain yourself. Don't be too "Boss Conscious". This was the challenge the man had. He wanted to please his Boss at all cost, hence the phrase "My Oga At The Top". Reffrain from worshiping people! (Respect all, fear none. Honour all, worship none).

4. When asked a question and you don't have an answer, please just open up by saying you don't know. Better still say you'll get back to the person. This led the man to giving "www.nscdc.that's all" as the URL for his organisation. Don't ever misinform people!

5. In this jet age it will be highly calamitous not to get ready. Please GET READY, LIVE READY! The man obviously wasn't expecting the questions asked. Bear in mind, that this the same intervies could have boosted Mr Sham's image if successful.

" Sometimes the path that leads to success may also lead to failure"
This is a lesson for us all
Re: My Take On "My Oga At The Top" by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 16, 2013
Re: My Take On "My Oga At The Top" by Koonbey1: 6:49am On Mar 16, 2013
Re: My Take On "My Oga At The Top" by ibrash600: 8:04am On Mar 16, 2013
ok ooo bt b4 i say we don hear, wait make i ask my oga at the top, so make dem no cme say anoda tin.. *clears throat* dazz all
Re: My Take On "My Oga At The Top" by oluwadare26(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2013
"my oga at the top"?... Joke of the century., cant stop..meanwhile, My oga at the top much hear about this latest development

(1) (Reply)

Anxiety In Aguleri As Kogi- Invades Anambra Over Aguleri Oil Wells / Osun: Why Launch ‘opon Imo’ In Lagos? / Middle Belt Forum Endorses Jonathan For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.