Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

The Most Intelligent Race - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Intelligent Race (9098 Views)

Poll: Which race is the most intelligent?

WHITE: 36% (9 votes)
ASIAN: 24% (6 votes)
ARABIAN: 0% (0 votes)
BLACK: 40% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Is This The World's Most Intelligent Beggar (pics)? / The Most Intelligent And Eloquent Nigerian Governors / Sanusi, The Most Intelligent Man In The Country- IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Imani(f): 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2008
almondjoy:

The white man anyday!  Extremely brilliant and innovative. The ultimate risk taker. Never intimidated by humans aliens or religion. Then the Europoeans.  Then the Jews.  Then the Asians.  Then the Hispanics. Then the native Indians. Then the Aborigines.

The rest are still subject to study to make sure their "faculties" are yet to return from the generational/ancestral sabbatical leave of shameless idiocy and perpetual ignorance!

I beg to defer. What exactly of note has been accomplished by the aborigines. . .the only notable person that comes to mind is Catty Freeman, the athlete. How can you say a small population is smarter than a whole continent? shocked. When aborigines feel more respected in their own land, after demanding an apology for slavery from the president, come back to us tongue
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by almondjoy(f): 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2008
Imani:

I beg to defer. What exactly of note has been accomplished by the aborigines. . .the only notable person that comes to mind is Catty Freeman, the athlete. How can you say a small population is smarter than a whole continent? shocked. When aborigines feel more respected in their own land, after demanding an apology for slavery from the president, come back to us tongue

Okay!  Name the accomplishments of anything black that is better than the accomplishment of this one aborigine? cheesy

You can be a goliath of stupidity. . .it only takes one david of an aborigine to mow you own like the elehant grass. . .tall for nothing! grin

Come back to you? Are the aborigines Africans? I say they grew specially in the jungles of Aussy land! cheesy
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by 2Legit: 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2008
almondjoy:

Okay! Name the accomplishments of anything black that is better than the accomplishment of this one aborigine? cheesy

You can be a goliath of stupidity. . .it only takes one david of an aborigine to mow you own like the elehant grass. . .tall for nothing! grin

Come back to you? Are the aborigines Africans? I say they grew specially in the jungles of Aussy land! cheesy

Very racist.

Are you white or are you a black woman who just has self hatred? keep loathing yourself
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Imani(f): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2008
2Legit:

Very racist.

Are you white or are you a black woman who just has self hatred? keep loathing yourself

Err, if i were you, i won't get too worked up over almondjoy's comments. She is only expressing her opinions and having fun. You seriously dont want to be on the receiving end of some almond abuse. grin you can ask those who have been lipsrsealed
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by 2Legit: 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2008
Imani:

Err, if i were you, i won't get too worked up over almondjoy's comments. She is only expressing her opinions and having fun. You seriously don't want to be on the receiving end of some almond abuse. grin you can ask those who have been lipsrsealed

Thanks for the advice. I assumed she was reasonable

I can however take and give abuse as well wink
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by crisngige(m): 6:10pm On Mar 27, 2008
it is not to be contested: the igbos are the most intelligent people on earth. check out the brainsize.
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by 4Him(m): 7:35pm On Mar 27, 2008
cris-ngige:

it is not to be contested: the igbos are the most intelligent people on earth. check out the brainsize.

There are people who function fully with half a brain.
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2008
Lmao!!!!!!!
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Arnold1(m): 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2008
Imani:

Err, if i were you, i won't get too worked up over almondjoy's comments. She is only expressing her opinions and having fun. You seriously don't want to be on the receiving end of some almond abuse. grin you can ask those who have been lipsrsealed

LMAO grin
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by oldie(m): 8:37pm On Mar 27, 2008
All races have their share of intelligent people
Intelligence can't be described with a single word or properly measured by mathematical IQ tests

My own concept of intelligence would be:

Wisdom
Knowledge
Insight
Intuition
Creativity
Common sense
Wit

There are intelligent hunters, fishermen, kidnappers, scientists, teachers etc
The environment has a lot to do with relative intelligence

In the wrong environment, an otherwise intelligent person could be termed a retard
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 28, 2008
Imani said -
I beg to defer. What exactly of note has been accomplished by the aborigines. . .

One that readily comes to mind is the boomerang.
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by JayFK(m): 2:49am On Mar 28, 2008
Blackwind:

One that readily comes to mind is the boomerang.

Yeah thats very impressive.
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by grafikdon: 4:48am On Mar 28, 2008
cris-ngige:

So your brothers na coconut heads (Isi Akatamkpo)? shocked Quantity no be quality o (Nollywood grin). . . and coconut head is perfect for deadly head butt. . . ''Finish Him" - - - ''Head Buttality", . . Flawless Victory. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 28, 2008
angry sad
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 28, 2008
at one time or another , different races have been the center of civilisation/the most advanced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Wonders_of_the_Ancient_World

the nation states that made these are today nowhere near the G8 nations - but they were the most accomplished back then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonders_of_the_World

Typically representative of the seven greatest wonders of the medieval world are:[2][4][5][3]

Stonehenge
Colosseum
Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
Great Wall of China
Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
Hagia Sophia
Leaning Tower of Pisa

Other sites included on such lists:
Taj Mahal[6]
Cairo Citadel[7]
Ely Cathedral[8]
Cluny Abbey[9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Seven_Wonders_of_the_World
for wonders built by contemporary 'most intelligent races'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
for the friendly I'slam bashers

my point is that you cannot use contemporary events to define which race is the most intelligent/accomplished. different races or nations have been top dog at one time or another. contrary to what some of us think, even the US hegemony cannot last forever. after all britain was also once the most powerful nation .so was rome.

it is also something to think about. nothing ever lasts forever.

finally all graet nations/people usually fail for the same reasons, complacency leading to abandoning/forgetting the valusse that made you great in the firat place. kids in the west today(if MTV is anything to go by) all want to be entertainers, athletes etc. so many are after immediate gratification .learning is not celebrated. thats probably why the us keeeps welcoming immigrants whose backgrounds cannot afford them the kind of complacency to believe that school hard work etc are not essential to advancement in life.
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by RichyBlacK(m): 10:08am On Mar 28, 2008
oyb:

at one time or another , different races have been the center of civilisation/the most advanced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Wonders_of_the_Ancient_World

the nation states that made these are today nowhere near the G8 nations - but they were the most accomplished back then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonders_of_the_World

Typically representative of the seven greatest wonders of the medieval world are:[2][4][5][3]

Stonehenge
Colosseum
Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
Great Wall of China
Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
Hagia Sophia
Leaning Tower of Pisa

Other sites included on such lists:
Taj Mahal[6]
Cairo Citadel[7]
Ely Cathedral[8]
Cluny Abbey[9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Seven_Wonders_of_the_World
for wonders built by contemporary 'most intelligent races'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
for the friendly I'slam bashers

my point is that you cannot use contemporary events to define which race is the most intelligent/accomplished. different races or nations have been top dog at one time or another. contrary to what some of us think, even the US hegemony cannot last forever. after all britain was also once the most powerful nation .so was rome.

it is also something to think about. nothing ever lasts forever.

finally all graet nations/people usually fail for the same reasons, complacency leading to abandoning/forgetting the valusse that made you great in the firat place. kids in the west today(if MTV is anything to go by) all want to be entertainers, athletes etc. so many are after immediate gratification .learning is not celebrated. thats probably why the us keeeps welcoming immigrants whose backgrounds cannot afford them the kind of complacency to believe that school hard work etc are not essential to advancement in life.

Igbam!!!

One of the few sensible posts on this thread. Abeg tell dem jare.
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by micklplus(m): 10:15am On Mar 28, 2008
oldie:

All races have their share of intelligent people
Intelligence can't be described with a single word or properly measured by mathematical IQ tests

My own concept of intelligence would be:

Wisdom
Knowledge
Insight
Intuition
Creativity
Common sense
Wit

There are intelligent hunters, fishermen, kidnappers, scientists, teachers etc
The environment has a lot to do with relative intelligence

In the wrong environment, an otherwise intelligent person could be termed a retard

Thanks bro ! Thats the koko

cheers
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Germannig: 10:38am On Mar 28, 2008
What has intelligence got to do with race? Is there yet any genetic basis for intelligence? If not (and I know none yet), then this topic is irrelevant.
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by grafikdon: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2008
Germannig:

What has intelligence got to do with race? Is there yet any genetic basis for intelligence? If not (and I know none yet), then this topic is irrelevant.

It's more like comedy and very insignificant.
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 07, 2009
lol grin grin
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by Bialegend(m): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
4Him wrote:
Remember the JETS competion in secondary school?
By the time i left school in the late 90s Ogun state had won it 7 times out of 8.

The best secondary students always invariably came from Ogun state, Lagos, Oyo once in a blue moon and some of the guys from the gifted children school in Suleja.
The Hausas were just irretrievably poor!
The igbos just a little above average.

You are just being a hater. Consecutive JAMB results from time immemorial plus other statistics, business prowess have placed Igbos far above higher (intelligent wise) than other ethnic groups in your makeshift country nigeria put together. The orbos, i.e the Yorubas have always known to be the lazy clan. Is laziness a yardstick for measuring intelligence? Nonsense!!!
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by tamme: 2:40pm On Apr 07, 2009
idiot, is funny how you igbos call other tribes LAZY

Igbos are the leaders of drug trafficking in Nigeria
fake drugs
fake goods
yahooze

you call that being smart and intelligent?
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by ezeagu(m): 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2009
tamme:

idiot, is funny how you igbos call other tribes LAZY

Igbos are the leaders of drug trafficking in Nigeria
fake drugs
fake goods
yahooze

you call that being smart and intelligent?

How can you generalise like that when all the Igbo people in the world aren't here to defend themselves?
Re: The Most Intelligent Race by vanitty: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2009
Bialegend:

. The orbos, i.e the Yorubas have always known to be the lazy clan. Is laziness a yardstick for measuring intelligence? Nonsense!!!

"How can you generalise like that when all the yoruba people in the world aren't here to defend themselves?"!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: JTF Killed Innocent People And Not Our Members / Oyigbo LGA(ndoki) Of Rivers State Is An IGBO LGA! / Photo: A President On A Bicycle To Work And Another In A Convoy For A Haircut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.