Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,992 members, 7,845,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering (9363 Views)

APC Inciting Violence In Kogi, Bayelsa To Disrupt Polls – PDP / APC Sets Up Committee To Monitor Buhari’s Compliance With Manifesto / Yakowa's Corpse Being Transported From Bayelsa To Kaduna This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by babaowo: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
when this people were called drunking fisherman? ppl were crying..... where on earth government keep settting commitee on rumour monger? out of alots of job to be done in the state? well blame goes to OBJ ......
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by InvertedHammer: 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2013

If the Committee should invade ww.NAIRALAND (datz all) , they will have their hands full

Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by mu2sa2: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
The committee itself will be relying on rumours in order to catch rumour-mongers. So who is fooling who?
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by olaife80: 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2013
Cant stop laffin wit dis slowpoke dude called himself govn. Nah Oga at d top inaugurate him, our fellow widowers wil be his chairman comittee.. Chai i laff my food fal for ground..

Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
Another time for come and chop,
Am sure the silly billyonaire of nairaland would be made a chairman of this committee, since his pastime is kissing n licking Gej's ass.
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by mkoabiola: 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
An not surpriz.
Afterall,former Gov timpre sylva has a special adviser to d gov on rumour mongering.
He sits in evry beer parlour .
It wasn't funny,I was surpriz den.
We sat in an open space and dey told us to watch our tongue cos d gov has a special adviser on rumour mongering.
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by goldfish80(m): 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
Something must be damn wrong ιϞ that Bayelsa Gov't house. From Madam Alamasiye to I don't give α damn, Jona now to this fat circus clown undecided
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
You people don't understand. Wait...wait... The bayelsa govt has tried severally to build roads and provide amenities but the rumour mongers have prevented it by just talking. You know words are powerful. Just by saying the govt is clueless will automatically make them clueless.

I hope I have spoken the mind of my OgaAtTheTop....

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Leopantro: 8:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
what do you expect from a state where a former governor wore a very beautiful women attire to run away. too much fish oil?
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
take dat: Moronarchy and Dumbo-cracy reigns in Bayelsa, where each successive administration inherits the stupidity of the previous administration and increases it! The state is plunging further into the shameful abyss of mediocrity and hopelessness with those fedora-hat wearing and committee-loving creeps in-charge!

True
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by najoke: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
mobuch:
Another time for come and chop,
Am sure the silly billyonaire of nairaland would be made a chairman of this committee, since his pastime is kissing n licking Gej's ass.

^
very true
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by wellmax(m): 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
This is my conclusion: Nothing good comes out from Bayelsa!
IMO
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by naijaking1: 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2013
"This is the department of rumor-mongering, how can I help you?"
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by blackbeau1(f): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
Like president,like governor. Setting up committee for everything.beware ppl of bayelsa,gossiping will soon carry a death sentence,once the committee submits its findings and is probed by another committee.Finally,a ministry will be set-up to deal with rumour mongering-Ministry of Rumour Mongering,headed by commisioner of Rumor Mongering. Men,Nigeria is just one big Comedy movie

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by abdulkayus(m): 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
Nickydrake: I am in Bayelsa as I type and i can tell you confidently that this story is only a rumour.

its ppl like u, ur clueless governor is settin HIGH POWERED INTELLECTUAL committee for.
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by amokemi(m): 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
So rumors are preventing the governor from constructing roads, build hospitals and classrooms? Its like daftness is an exclusive preserve of these Bayelsans.

See names of their citizens sef, couple, ransom.
Awon werey.
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by abdulkayus(m): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2013
Mehnnnn, Bayelsa has gone to d dog. D rulers and d rules of dat state are always slowpoke. Despite d money dey are makin frm oil in dat state, dey still hav d highest rate of poverty and illitracy in dat state. A state where more dan half of d population can speak pidgin english talkless of queen english. No wonder, their leaders are playin wit their head like football.
*spit* Tufia
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Manred: 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
no b im fault, he got the idea 4rm his oga at the top
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
"OUR LEADERS HAVE GONE MAD AGAIN". Hmmm, just saying. "high powerd committee"
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by ijawkid(m): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
I'm sorry to say this but I have to say it.....I hate this fool called dickson.....with him big mumu nose.......I still can't understand why bayelsa produces the most clueless of governors..............instead of the idiot(orangutan) to engage in serious jobs that would improve that village called bayelsa he is organizing a committee to check rumor mongering....my question is what would he do to those who are fished out??....would he arrest them or what??.......I can't believe I'm from a state governed by fools.......smh..........
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Ikengawo: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
sadly, this is necessary in Nigeria.
I've never seen a country so dictated by rumors and hearsay. There's little respect for facts and it reaches the point that people lose their lives.
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by mamiel: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
[quote author=babaowo]when this people were called drunking fisherman? ppl were crying..... where on earth government keep settting commitee on rumour monger? out of alots of job to be done in the state? well blame goes to OBJ ...... [/quote my dear, I recently discovered that I was becoming much confident that in less than 10yrs from now Nigeria is bound to rob shoulders with the western world in terms of development. I feel this way because with the level of insults Jonathan and his fellow Nigerdeltans have recieved especially from the Yorubas and Hausas (eg, Tinubu & u my friend refering to Jonathan as drunken fisherman), the next president, should he be a Yoruba -say Fashola for instance- MUST TURN NIGERIA INTO THE LAND OF OUR DREAMS & must by no means fail. Because all the insults so far only means that they can deliver by all means, else all their insults will fall back on them; the drunken fisherman may be changed to the hopeless hunter (for instance). Well this is just a afood for thought -if u leave in a glass house throwing stones is not adviseable.
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by politician(m): 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
though its very irresponsible following myriads of problems facing bayelsan

but dickson might have taken a clue from the senile old man in ebonyi.

there is a department of propaganda and rumour management in the ministry of information always airing yeye advert on salt fm.

and the man that doesn't "give a damn' bestowed an MFR on the grandpa in ebonyi. so the young son-of-a-dick (or wetin dickson mean) can't be wrong too
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Maxymilliano(m): 8:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ikengawo: sadly, this is necessary in Nigeria.
I've never seen a country so dictated by rumors and hearsay. There's little respect for facts and it reaches the point that people lose their lives.

Necessary to warrant a high powered committee bro?

Care to tell me what the modus operandi will be like
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Policewoman(f): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
Maxymilliano: Bayelsa State said rumour mongering is hindering the state’s development.

The Bayelsa State Government has concluded plans to set up a committee to address “the ugly trend of rumour-mongering in the state”.

The committee is to fish out actors behind rumour-mongering “which has been found inimical to the development of the state”.

The Chief Press Secretary to the Bayelsa State Governor, Daniel Iworiso-Markson, made the announcement in a statement on Saturday in Yenagoa.

Mr. Iworiso-Markson said that Gov. Seriake Dickson was worried by the “disturbing trend of rumour-mongering in the state.”

“Gov. Dickson has decided to set up a high-powered committee to address the ugly trend of rumour-mongering in the state.

“A situation whereby the person and office of the governor are always at the receiving end of rumour-mongering is quite disturbing to the government,” Mr. Iworiso-Markson said.

According to the statement, the committee which will be inaugurated next week, will be tasked with the responsibility of finding a permanent solution to rumour-mongering in the state.

He said that the committee would be saddled with the responsibility of fishing out persons who made it a habit to peddle rumours and spread false and misleading information to the public.

(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/125285-bayelsa-sets-up-committee-to-tackle-rumour-mongering.html
. Inotherwords, Seriake Dickson is like a class prefect forming a committee to write the names of Noisemakers grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by Policewoman(f): 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
seanet02: Which kind of nonsense is this?
This is joblessness at its height.
Majority of this Niger-deltans are indeed clueless.
Except moi smiley
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by yuzedo: 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
This has got to be a joke, no? sad
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by chucky234(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
Nickydrake: I am in Bayelsa as I type and i can tell you confidently that this story is only a rumour.
You are one of the rumour mongers, at least there is a link attached to the story,,where is the link to show that you are presently in Bayelsa.
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by deliveryboy: 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
What do you expect from the least educated state in Nigeria, I think the state is specially blessed with high number of brain dead dudes undecided
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by chucky234(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
What more do you expect from a man who takes instructions from GEJ,the fact that GEJ is synonymous with committees is an open secret.
Re: Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering by InvertedHammer: 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
chucky234: You are one of the rumour mongers

LOL> U people no go kill person here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Taraba Assembly passes bill against open grazing / Flooding: Enugu Moves Against Building Defaulters, Street Traders, Nightclubs / Kano Govt Charges Ganduje, Wife With $413,000, ₦‎1.38 Billion Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.