Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? (6062 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest / Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2013
My brothers who are catholic, arguing about matters of faith never converts anyone, people only indulge in such to display their supposed 'superior knowledge', verbal sparring skills or lack there of. I apologize for the initial post. I posted that thinking it was the right oath. But while that may not be the actual oath, the catholic church CERTAINLY engaged in every practice mentioned there. Every single one of them. Only civilization stopped them in more recent times from continuing such practices. That you feel comfortable in a church with such a dark history is just funny really.

Like I mentioned before, I'm REALLY not interested in this back and forth. I know the catholic church is not of God, but I'm not going to prove it to you on nairaland. You probably know the truth in your hearts anyway so...

For those thinking I dislike catholic people, I really shouldn't bother responding to that, really. A lot of my good friends are catholic. I used to be one too, for a brief period in my life.

If the mods don't mind, I hereby request that this thread be closed. Thank you
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by truthislight: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2013
Subtext: My brothers who are catholic, arguing about matters of faith never converts anyone, people only indulge in such to display their supposed 'superior knowledge', verbal sparring skills or lack there of. I apologize for the initial post. I posted that thinking it was the right oath. But while that may not be the actual oath, the catholic church CERTAINLY engaged in every practice mentioned there. Every single one of them. Only civilization stopped them in more recent times from continuing such practices. That you feel comfortable in a church with such a dark history is just funny really.

Like I mentioned before, I'm REALLY not interested in this back and forth. I know the catholic church is not of God, but I'm not going to prove it to you on nairaland. You probably know the truth in your hearts anyway so...

For those thinking I dislike catholic people, I really shouldn't bother responding to that, really. A lot of my good friends are catholic. I used to be one too, for a brief period in my life.

Subtext:

threads are not just closed for no justifiable reasons.

Someone can post the correct oath instead and help let us see.

See this statement below, it says that oaths "are not cast on stones"

striktlymi:

Good evening,

Though some popes have taken an oath of office in the past but this is not cast in stone. There have been some popes who reigned without taking an oath of office.

you said the pope decides whether or not to take an oath, does he also decides which oath to also take?

If no, can someone produce the right/actual oath/standard oath that the pope takes if he "decides to take one"?

Which oath will he take?

If no standard oath, does that mean that he decides on which oath to take?

If he decides on which oath to take, is it possible or not possible that a certain pope that at once upon a time certain pope(s) may have taken the oath at the OP?

I wish this oath thing is properly addressed.

If some one (a catholic) gets angry for the op posting that oath, it means that he also dislike the OP oath, but what if it is true that that used to be the oath/is the oath taken?

If you have the reason(s) not feelings, that it is not the oath that popes ever took in the past or at present, do you mind sharing your reasons/evidence with us?

If you hate the oath at the OP, that means the oath is bad, fine, then you can also relate with some of us and see why some of us "ignorantly" curse at the oath.

So, please, help show that such bad oath is not being taken by pope(s) today and was NEVER taken by pope(s) in the past and clear our "ignorance".

Thank you.
Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
truthislight:

threads are not just closed for no justifiable reasons.

Someone can post the correct oath instead and help let us see.

See this statement below, it says that oaths "are not cast on stones"

you said the pope decides whether or not to take an oath, does he also decides which oath to also take?

If no, can someone produce the right/actual oath/standard oath that the pope takes if he "decides to take one"?

Which oath will he take?

If no standard oath, does that mean that he decides on which oath to take?

If he decides on which oath to take, is it possible or not possible that a certain pope that at once upon a time certain pope(s) may have taken the oath at the OP?

I wish this oath thing is properly addressed.

If some one (a catholic) gets angry for the op posting that oath, it means that he also dislike the OP oath, but what if it is true that that used to be the oath/is the oath taken?

If you have the reason(s) not feelings, that it is not the oath that popes ever took in the past or at present, do you mind sharing your reasons/evidence with us?

If you hate the oath at the OP, that means the oath is bad, fine, then you can also relate with some of us and see why some of us "ignorantly" curse at the oath.

So, please, help show that such bad oath is not being taken by pope(s) today and was NEVER taken by pope(s) in the past and clear our "ignorance".

Thank you.
Peace.
read the wiki page by my bro styl. Popes do not have a "papal oath" that they should/may/must swear. There is no standart oath nor makeshift oath, in d 21cent some people claim there is a papal oath but that is untrue, no such oath exist. Or better still, today is d inuaguaration ceremony of pope francis, why not watch and see if there is an oath?
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by didoburns(m): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
I wonder why people would believe any lie they see as far is it is against the catholics, the whole thing is a myth and even absurd please for the love of God be fair in your analysis
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by truthislight: 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: read the wiki page by my bro styl. Popes do not have a "papal oath" that they should/may/must swear. There is no standart oath nor makeshift oath, in d 21cent some people claim there is a papal oath but that is untrue, no such oath exist. Or better still, today is d inuaguaration ceremony of pope francis, why not watch and see if there is an oath?

Is that all?

Why not just say that pope dont take oath?
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:01am On Mar 20, 2013
truthislight:

Is that all?

Why not just say that pope dont take oath?
why not check d wikipedia link provided by styl, there is no oath a new pope is suppose to take. Very simple.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by truthislight: 7:41am On Mar 20, 2013
Ubenedictus: why not check d wikipedia link provided by styl, there is no oath a new pope is suppose to take. Very simple.

Ok, noted, "Pope(s) dont take oath" ever!
(summary)
hmmmmm?!

That will be it for now.
But, how true?
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by italo: 9:03am On Mar 20, 2013
truthislight:

(summary)
hmmmmm?!

That will be it for now.
But, how true?

If you have seen a Pope taking an oath, please provide the contents of the oath and evidence that it is genuine.

If not, my advice is that you keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by truthislight: 9:18am On Mar 20, 2013
italo:

If you have seen a Pope taking an oath, please provide the contents of the oath and evidence that it is genuine.

So, if the pope takes such kind oath at the op, you think they will make it public?

Bomboy!
Grow up.

1 Like

Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by italo: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2013
So we should believe that the Popes take the oath, just because brainless anti-Catholics like you say so?

No proof... no semblance of a proof... no nothing!

Is that how you reason? 'Grown up!'...'papa!'
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by truthislight: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
Lol.
See this Bomboy o!

I said

truthislight:

(summary)
hmmmmm?!

That will be it for now.
But, how true?

and you came this way:

italo:

shoooo!

I said this:

truthislight:

So, if the pope takes such kind oath at the op, you think they will make it public?

Bomboy!
Grow up.

then you started cursing:

italo: So we should believe that the Popes take the oath, just because brainless anti-Catholics like you say so?

No proof... no semblance of a proof... no nothing!

Is that how you reason? 'Grown up!'...'papa!'

na wao!

All this after i had ask that the correct oath be produce?

You are over confused!

Why not be straight forward?

It is either you(RCC) take oath or you dont take oath, if you ever took oath produce the one, if you dont know what happens i that secret place in Rome, then keep still and silent.
cool
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by italo: 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
You said to me: "bomboy, grow up" and it was okay...

...but when I said to you: "grown up, papa", you said I was cursing.

CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS IN A WAY THAT SENSIBLE PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD WILL UNDERSTAND?
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by italo: 3:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
truthislight:
All this after i had ask that the correct oath be produce?

You are over confused!

Why not be straight forward?

It is either you(RCC) take oath or you dont take oath, if you ever took oath produce the one, if you dont know what happens i that secret place in Rome, then keep still and silent.
cool

You allege (or at least subscribe to it) that the Pope took the oath in the OP. It is your job to prove that he did, not mine. We say there is no Papal oath, so we have nothing to provide you.

Let me bring it down to kindergarten language...

If I accuse you of being a demented rumour monger, would it be the job of the accuser (me) to prove that you are, or the job of the accused (you) to prove that you arent?

...hoping you can wrap your shallow intellect around it now.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by truthislight: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
italo:

You allege (or at least subscribe to it) that the Pope took the oath in the OP.

If you cannot produce where i said that ^ on this thread, then we know who is:

italo:

DEMENTED
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by truthislight: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
This has been my argument on this thread befor that son of a "viper" came along:

truthislight: Can someone copy and pest the right oath that the pope takes? Aba!

I have tried those links that strik. Posted they are note available. So, whoever can open it should copy and post the dame stuff and closed this back and forth talk.
Na wao!
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by bobbyL(m): 1:50am On Mar 21, 2013
Chai. Nigerians haba, in fact, human beings haba.
One of the things I dislike about arguments like this is that people are not objective and calm enough to interpret the message.
The OP simply implies that since the new pope is a jesuit, if the oath above is indeed taken by jesuits, he must have taken in the PAST to become a jesuit.
NOT that he WILL take it as a pope. Chikena.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by italo: 6:37am On Mar 21, 2013
Nothing like that oath exists.

It is a forgery.

Anti-Catholics will jump at anything that seems to discredit the Catholic Church.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:49am On Mar 21, 2013
bobby.L:
One of the things I dislike about arguments like this is that people are not objective and calm enough to interpret the message.
The OP simply implies that since the new pope is a jesuit, if the oath above is indeed taken by jesuits, he must have taken in the PAST to become a jesuit.
no such oath is taken by the jesuit, that oath is actually a sacrilege in catholicism, it is a forgery never used by the jesuit.

How can fr jorge take an oath in d pontificate of pope paul d 3rd, when pope paul d 3rd died in d 1550s, fr jorge na immortal
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:16am On Mar 21, 2013
bobby.L:
the only extra vow d jesuits take is the vow of obedience to the pope and the text of the vow is short and simple and has never changed it has been so since d time of ignatius. It reads.
"I futher promise a special obedience to the soveriegn pontiff in regards to the missions according to the same"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/fourth_vow

the oat post by d op is a forgery.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by maonye: 12:50pm On May 16, 2013
my good people in the lord, why all does false accusation on Catholics church, the dnt care wat rubbish u guys post come rain come sun, the are still number one on earth. leave them alone the are nt begging u to worship with them. by the way who are u guys to judge them? as far as God answers there prayers. leave them wit there doctrine. u guys dnt need to judge them there ways of worship God aspect it. have u people ask ur sef some questions, have u Give ur life to God? focus on ur sefs cos catholic or no Catholics, oath or no oath, doctrine or no doctrine will nt save us. the question is, if u die where will u be? have u amend ur ways?
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by bizmahn: 5:33pm On May 19, 2013
The poster clearly mentioned that even if the oath is not true,the contents of the oath FULLY REFLECT THE PRACTICES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE PAST and this appears to be true to the fact.And by the way what is this continued cheap talk that Catholic Church has 1 billion members worldwide.Where did that figure come from.Even if it were true has it not occured to you that sinners outpopulate believers worldwide & the population of souls in hell is far more than those that make heaven.So population proves nothing.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by woky: 10:03pm On May 19, 2013
bizmahn: The poster clearly mentioned that even if the oath is not true,the contents of the oath FULLY REFLECT THE PRACTICES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE PAST and this appears to be true to the fact.And by the way what is this continued cheap talk that Catholic Church has 1 billion members worldwide.Where did that figure come from.Even if it were true has it not occured to you that sinners outpopulate believers worldwide & the population of souls in hell is far more than those that make heaven.So population proves nothing.
Adamu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mysterious Bones Discovered At Mowe. Fossil? (Pics) / 13 Bloodlines Of The Illuminati / Please Strong Christians What's The Meaning Of This Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.