Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:46 AM

Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead (11852 Views)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / Alhaji Maitama Sule Is Dead. / Maitama Sule Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
One time minister, elder statesman and Nigeria’s former permanent representative to the United Nations (UN), Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule died some few hours ago. Nigeria has lost another rare and one of its most finest breed. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by MrGarri1: 10:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
R I P
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by otokx(m): 10:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
sad
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by lillyveezy: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
OMG!the English speaking generation of our elder statemen are all going.RIP!
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by homerac7: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
he died at a very ripe age. lucky him
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by belovedaja(m): 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hope it is not true. I can not rush to accept negative news.
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by mrofficial2(m): 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
Did he loot the nation before I say farewell?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:
Did he loot the nation before I say farewell?

Seal that thing abeg. Do you have the slightest idea of the kind of principles the man has?
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by ibee1(m): 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2013
He must be closer to his 80s. What an exemplary live he lived. Rip to him
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by Prince081: 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
Who is he? Is he a member of bh
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by goldfish80(m): 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
Am familiar with the name.
RiP
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by daylae(m): 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
Sound diplomat. . .goodnight sir.
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by demelza: 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
Why is nairaland the only site carrying this news?
Source pls
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by bappahman: 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hoax...his family through his daughter has rubbished the news
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by BarryX(m): 12:13am On Mar 18, 2013
Let me be not be hypocritical about this, Sincerely I don't care .Thank you! If I want to follow the crowd RIP. Don't really know how that will change anything though!
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 18, 2013
Where is the source?
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 18, 2013
This news is a hoax. Hadiza, Maitama's daughter just announced her dad is alive and kicking

1 Like

Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by ochukoccna: 2:47am On Mar 18, 2013
Source please!
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by naptu2: 6:11am On Mar 18, 2013
Ohi Alegbe (the M.C): "Your excellency, Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule"

Maitama Sule: "Which excellency?"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by SlyIg(f): 6:15am On Mar 18, 2013
Justyaxx:

Seal that thing abeg. Do you have the slightest idea of the kind of principles the man has?
He was just asking to know his kind of principles. You shld have either answered him or move on.
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by naptu2: 6:18am On Mar 18, 2013
Politically, our leaders at that time respected one another. If the House was sitting, and before it starts, I would cross the carpet as a young minister at that time and walk straight to Chief Obafemi Awolowo's seat, who was the leader of the opposition, kneel down in the presence of members and greet him. With a smile, Awolowo would respond: "Good Maitama, how are you this morning?"

"Sir, I am very well".

Awolowo was the leader of the Action Group and in the opposition party, whereas I was an NPC minister.

The Prime Minister, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa, called me and said: "Dan Masani, I have observed an unholy alliance between you and the chief. And I told him: sir, you taught me; you did not teach me to disrespect elders. Everybody knew that I was the Prime Minister's favourite, who appointed me minister at that tender age - 29. And if I showed any disrespect to any elder, people might accuse him of inciting or encouraging me to do that. The Prime Minister was a gentleman, who would not encourage me to do such a thing. The Prime Minister responded: "God bless you, keep it up."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by naptu2: 6:25am On Mar 18, 2013
At the first constitutional conference in London, Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello complained to Chief Awolowo that one of his followers saw him twice but failed to honour him. In a sharp reaction, Chief Awolowo looked around and found the man who was among the delegation, held him by the arm and brought him before the Sardauna of Sokoto and ordered him to kneel down and greet the Sardauna, warning that next time he sighted the Sardauna and failed to greet him, he would have no alternative than to dismiss him from the Action Group (AG).

Chief Awolowo, told his party man point blank: I am not running a party of irresponsible people. That was Chief Awolowo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by naptu2: 6:28am On Mar 18, 2013
There was also a time, when Dr. K.O Mbadiwe and Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe fell apart, following a disagreement, and at that time, Mbadiwe was the parliamentary leader of the NCNC ministers in the coalition government of the NCNC and the Northern People's Congress. Following the dispute, Mbadiwe was dismissed from the party and dropped as a minister and, of course, as a leader of the NCNC ministers. The Prime Minister created a post in his office, which never existed before and appointed Mbadiwe as Liaison Officer for Africa. The Prime Minister took the decision for two reasons: first, that such a highly-placed political office holder should not be kept idle but respected, occupied and indeed he was very useful. Secondly, Balewa wanted to buy time to reconcile Mbadiwe and Azikiwe. Shortly after the reconciliation, Mbadiwe was readmitted into the party and reappointed a minister, while his position as the leader of the NCNC was also restored.

Abubakar was neither a member of the NCNC nor an Igbo man, and party divides did not prevent him from taking actions that would promote the greater interest of Nigeria. These were the leaders we had who respected one another irrespective of their political difference; disciplined leaders who wanted to see their followers disciplined. They were good disciplinarians, and leaders who ventured into politics to serve but not to be served, to give but not to take. These were the leaders who had great dreams for Nigeria; all of them were praying, hoping and dreaming that Nigeria would become a great, united and prosperous country, whose citizens would be their brothers' keepers. They dreamed of a country that would take its proper place in the comity of nations, a country that would offer leadership to the rest of the continent, a country that would inspire other developing nations. These were their dreams because they laid a solid foundation.

For now, there is no leadership; there is no comparison; what is happening in Nigeria today is not in our character. In the days gone by, we were a decent society; our leaders were responsible, reliable, dependable, conscientious, men of integrity, both financial and moral; our leaders loved the nation and placed its interest above their personal interest.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by naptu2: 6:39am On Mar 18, 2013
However, he has been criticised (and some even hate him) for this statement:

Everyone has a gift from God. The Northerners are endowed by God with leadership qualities. The Yoruba man knows how to earn a living and has diplomatic qualities. The igbo man is gifted in trade, commerce, and technological innovation. God so created us equally with purpose and different gifts.
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by Kairoseki77: 6:52am On Mar 18, 2013
What's going to happen to all his stolen money?
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by dridowu: 7:10am On Mar 18, 2013
RIP BRO
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by wowo2: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2013
Michaeljones36: What's going to happen to all his stolen money?

Nigerians need to properly educate themselves of Nigeria's history and correctly identify its issues and their causes. So that when the wind of change blows (my prayer it does soon), innocent people are not wrongfully judged...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by Wendyslim(f): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2013
Rip to him.pls stop talking bad about the dead
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by Innodon(m): 8:23am On Mar 18, 2013
May he rest in peace.
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by mrofficial2(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2013
Justyaxx:

I only asked a simple and honest question. If you know much about him why didn't you just answer me? Big head!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by belovedaja(m): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2013
Maitama sule is alive
Re: Breaking News...maitama Sule Is Dead by vanstanzy(m): 8:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Source please! And if its true... R.I.P. to the dead. *Just hoping it ain't true, though.*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamawa Election: PDP Screened Out Acting Governor / Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee Abandons Office / Lai: Saying Buhari Has Nothing More To Offer Is Untrue And Dirty Politicking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.