Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,078 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Third Term Fund - Anti-graft Agencies To Quiz El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Term Fund - Anti-graft Agencies To Quiz El-rufai (660 Views)

EFCC To Quiz Olisa Metuh Over N1.4billion Balance In Account / GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah / Reps Suspend Lawan, Order Anti-graft Agencies To Investigate Otedola’s Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Term Fund - Anti-graft Agencies To Quiz El-rufai by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 18, 2013

THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) have started comparing notes, preparatory to a possible arrest of former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir el-Rafai, over statements credited to him about the sharing of money meant to prosecute the alleged third term bid of former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

Sources said in Abuja, on Sunday, that the anti-graft agencies were interested in el- Rufai’s claim that he knew the treasurer of the alleged third term project.

The former minister had, in an interview on the African Independent Television(AIT) programme, Focus Nigeria, said he was part of those who shared the money.

When asked about his role in the third term agenda and why he was silent in opposing it, el-Rufai had told the presenter: “The treasurer of third term is well known, go and ask him. It is a matter of strategy, you have a situation and it is affecting your country, you can be a media darling and go out and say I am against this, I have resigned, that is one strategy, it is a credible one. But we met and discussed as a group and consider that option and we said we are not going to do that.”

But it was learnt in Abuja that the anti-graft agencies had concluded plans to seek out el-Rufai, so that he could give them more details on the treasurer of the third term agenda.

A source close to one of the anti-graft agencies said since el-Rufai claimed to have helped in sharing the money, he would be in a position to give detailed identity of the treasurer.

Source
Re: Third Term Fund - Anti-graft Agencies To Quiz El-rufai by Ngwakwe: 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
Clear conscience fears no accusation
Re: Third Term Fund - Anti-graft Agencies To Quiz El-rufai by pat077: 2:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
dis guy mouth na tap.
Re: Third Term Fund - Anti-graft Agencies To Quiz El-rufai by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Basket mouth wan start to leak again, oh-
[CHORUS] BASKET MOUTH WAN OPEN MOUTH AGAIN, OH
Abi** you don forget I say I sing, ee-oh **(is it not)
Oh, I sing-ee say, I go my mouth like basket, ee-oh, malan biag bere
Re: Third Term Fund - Anti-graft Agencies To Quiz El-rufai by takedat(m): 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
He mentioned Andy Uba as the treasurer of the failed third term bid! Another fruitless pursuit, and an attempt by the toothless and gum-less anti-graft agencies to appear busy. Even if those involved open up about their roles in the failed attempt, can ICPC/EFCC effect the arrest of OBJ * their Oga at the top*? Yeye dey smell!
Re: Third Term Fund - Anti-graft Agencies To Quiz El-rufai by takedat(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: Basket mouth wan start to leak again, oh-
Abi** you don forget I say I sing, ee-oh **(is it not)
Oh, I sing-ee say, I go my mouth like basket, ee-oh, malanu bi apere

(1) (Reply)

Cardinal John Onaiyekan : Consider Amnesty For Boko Haram / Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Speech At The OAU/AU 50th Anniversary / EXCLUSIVE: Rotimi Amaechi Talks Tough, Says, “no One Can Push Me Out Of PDP”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.