Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah (17646 Views)

EFCC To Quiz Olisa Metuh Over N1.4billion Balance In Account / Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / How Fashola Looted N402bn Lagos Funds - Elombah.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by ijigbamigb(m): 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2012
Former National Security Adviser, NSA, has reacted to his sacking yesterday by President Goodluck Jonathan with shock and disbelief, and called Jonathan a soft president. He however expressed hope that the action would bring an end to the serious security challenges facing the country. In a statement through his Media spokesman Mike Awe, Azazi said Jonathan failed to heed his counsel on how to confront Boko haram.
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday sacked the National Security Adviser, NSA, General Andrew Owoeye Azazi and the Minister of Defence, Haliru Bello. He named Col. Sambo Dasuki, rtd, as the new NSA.  Dasuki was former Aid- de-Cmap, ADC, to General Ibrahim Babangida.

But reacting to the sacking, Media spokesman to Azazi, Mike Awe,  said: "The government appointed him and has asked him to go. The President is under political pressure and not everything is classified and made public. When NSA asked that Buhari be invited for questioning, Jonathan kicked against it. When he suggested that some people be brought in and questioned, he kicked against it saying it is a ploy to scatter his government. So, really, it’s all about the president’s softness (weakness) but he appointed him and he has removed him."

Earlier yesterday, heads of security agencies led by the former NSA, General Azazi had briefed President Jonathan on his arrival from Brazil on the security situation in the country while he was away for a meeting of the United Nations Summit on Sustainable Development.

The meeting which held behind closed doors was meant to bring the President up to date with the security situation in the country.

Responding to reporters’ questions at the end of the meeting, Police Affairs Minister, Caleb Olubolade, said:  “He (President) didn’t feel too happy about the loss of lives and he feels that we need to do something proactively to stop it at all cost.”

On what prompted the emergency meeting, the minister said it was not unusual, adding:” It’s the usual security meeting with the C-In-C (Commander In Chief), to look at things in a comprehensive manner and see how the security agencies are fairing. It was a useful discussion. 

“Certain areas where we have problems, how to tackle them, how the security agencies can be more effective, the role the populace have to play in assisting the war against terror.”

On additional measures contemplated, Olubolade said: “Yes, the measures we have been taking before now, we have to re-appraise and look at how the populace can be carried along to get more information so that peace can return to the land. We do not really have to kill Nigerians to sustain peace. C-in-C believes that we need to talk, we need to ensure that we do what is right to ensure that we calm down the nerves and these incessant bombings are minimised. It is a source of worry to all.” 

Gen. Azazi simply said: ”The situation is under control.”

Those present at the meeting included Vice President Namadi Sambo and the Minister of Defence, Haliru Bello.

Other security chiefs present at the meeting included the Chief of Defence Staff, CDS, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin; Chief of Army Staff, CAOS, General Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika; Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Umar and the Acting Inspector General of Police, IGP, Mohammed Dikko Abubakar. 

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/latest-news/11620-jonathan-is-a-weak-president-azazi?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by sadyeek(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2012
Soft indeed!
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by inspirenet: 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2012
sadyeek: Soft indeed!
undecided
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by virgo(f): 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2012
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by nduchucks: 3:50pm On Jun 23, 2012
Acoording to interpretations du jour, either Azazi is a member of Boko Haram or GEJ himself belongs to the group. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2012
The man is not weak. He is more likely incompetent as a leader.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by moderatorr: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2012
Azazi will do anything to dirty Goodluck's name.
He's not the first incompetent man Goodluck is dealing with.
We have a security adviser and bombs are going off everyday!
All he could say was 'boko haram is PDP and PDP is boko haram' .
Is that a nursery rhyme or what? From a national security adviser!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Remii(m): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
Why would he agree to invite Buhari when he knows the real culprits. He is presido and has more information than most advisers, obj said this before.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
I have said it repeatedly my President na soft man....if na me Bros....all those old Generals for don die finish!

Ranks007: The way out of boko haram at the present polity!

1. First of all I would simply announce my sincere warning to the cabal may be once or twice(supposed sponsors of BH).

2. I would not only invite the Isreali Mossad to protect Asorock but transform the SSS and the police.

3. Get rid of the bad eggs in the judicial system, EFCC, ICPC and those who are anti-government, replace them with my men.

4. I would seek the Mossad's help to assist Nigeria fish out the sponsors of Boko-Haram (if unknown)and their agents in all government parastatals and security agencies and then nail them (no matter the individuals involved) with no mercy for resurrection.

5. Make sure the governors are under my control with the use of EFCC & ICPC with my men at work!

6. I must be expecting the NASS to impeach me.... However both the Senate President and his deputy, the speaker and his deputy must be my men - a tool to manipulate the rest to my favour! If I can't play down their powers which I obviously doubt, I will happily accept it.

7. I will challenge their verdict in the court where my men will have me re-instated!

8. Before then my Vice and I are dipped in an oath to make things work my way if unwillingly I treat him the Obasanjo way!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2012
For lasting solution to this menace, Nigeria needs the services of three guys- Jumong as NSA, Jack Bauer as Defence Minister and Nikita as Minister for Petroleum Resources. Nigeria has recently become a tragic movie. Let's watch the drama unfold.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by nerodenero: 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2012
The only way GEJ would be justified over the sacking of Gen.Azazi is if the security challenges are brought under control by the new NSA.We are watching with keen interest!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by maasoap(m): 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2012
Did he resign? Or, was he sacked? Why telling us this now when you didn't resign as a result of Jonascam failure to heed your advice? Just trying to save face.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Obiagu1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2012
ijigbamigb: But reacting to the sacking, Media spokesman to Azazi, Mike Awe, said: "The government appointed him and has asked him to go. The President is under political pressure and not everything is classified and made public. When NSA asked that Buhari be invited for questioning, Jonathan kicked against it. When he suggested that some people be brought in and questioned, he kicked against it saying it is a ploy to scatter his government. So, really, it’s all about the president’s softness (weakness) but he appointed him and he has removed him."

The statement above means that the President is more interested in keeping his presidency than the lives that are being wasted every now and then. He is already planning for 2015, sorry Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2012
Gen. Azazi simply said: ”The situation is under control.”

Maybe he was fired for saying that.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by lafuria1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2012
Azazi is a coward! So if GEJ didn't sack u, u won't do anything. And beside gej can't quize buhari if u don't have enuf evidence. Let ask who are d others? Ok azazi one last question, do u know who BH sponsors are? If no dn go ur village abeg. If yes tell us abeg with reason.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2012
[b]
ndu_chucks: Acoording to interpretations du jour, either Azazi is a member of Boko Haram or GEJ himself belongs to the group. lipsrsealed

GEJ isnt Bokoharam. Bokoharam represents the opposite of everything he stands for, judging from the President's softness and his gentle-composure, and his non-violent nature.
I wonder how GEJ as a humanbeing, and a leader could let the sponsors of Bokoharam go around freely. You dont fight terror with politics or threats.
You face terror with terror. If the people behind Bokoharam is Buhari or IBB, you dont talk to them. You go behind them, destroy everything that makes their life meaningful. Their business. Their children. Their hopes. Their entire generation get wiped out COMPLETELY. You do it, not because of vengeance, you do it because you want to create dread into the mind of whoever might contemplate future attacks. Thats why terrorists would spend decade plotting out how to attack America, because they know the dreadful consequence.
And i dont think the sponsors of Bokoharam are those we keep pointing at. It isnt Buhari. It isnt IBB. It isnt Atiku. These dudes have their eyes on the presidency, a glaring implication or tie with Bokoharm would forever eclipse their political ambition. Whoever is behind Bokoharam is a totally embittered enemy, and GEJ deep in his bone know who these people are, and I wonder whats wrong with thoroughly micro-scoping these culprits, well when it comes to GEJ common sense isnt so common undecided.

Though GEJ isnt as foolish as we think....I just feel sick he doesnt even understand the meaning of TERROR. It isnt something you play with. Its something you eradicate with all your resources and might....
Imagine, No Emergency rule despite such destruction. And those useless governors from Bauchi, Taraba, Kaduna, Kano, etc keep collecting federal allocation....

I think Kobo sums it up fine...
The president has no clue. He should resign, not Azazi.[/b]

14 Likes

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by nduchucks: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2012
It is safe to say that Nigerian politicians who have links to extremists, al-quaeda, and other terrorists organizations are well known to the government of the USA, which is a friend of our own government. One would hope that GEJ and his security team have cooperative and intelligence sharing relationships with the USA.

This means that GEJ would have been briefed that Gen. Buhari is clean and does not need to be invited for any bumb interrogation. Why would Gen. Buhari and Nelson Mandela be the only private African individuals invited by the White House to Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony if Buhari has any ties to terrorist organizations including Boko Haram?

Both Azazi and GEJ are the most incompetent government officials we've ever had. 2015 cannot arrive soon enough.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by pingpong1: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2012
I will expect a denial from Azazi soon. Can't imagine an NSA talking let this.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by escobar07(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2012
Oh! The interrogation could have done d magic. Nonsense. Please say something else. Probably he didnt even say all dis.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by daomi(m): 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
inspirenet: undecided
weak & confused
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by werepeLeri: 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
Invite Buhari and let all opposition clamp down on the President with street protests. He hasnt been invited and his supporters are throwing bomb and killing one another- what will happen if they have him "brought in"?
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by werepeLeri: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2012
aasog1: [b]

GEJ isnt Bokoharam. Bokoharam represents the opposite of everything he stands for, judging from the President's softness and his gentle-composure, and his non-violent nature.
I wonder how GEJ as a humanbeing, and a leader could let the sponsors of Bokoharam go around freely. You dont fight terror with politics or threats.
You face terror with terror. If the people behind Bokoharam is Buhari or IBB, you dont talk to them. You go behind them, destroy everything that makes their life meaningful. Their business. Their children. Their hopes. Their entire generation get wiped out COMPLETELY. You do it, not because of vengeance, you do it because you want to create dread into the mind of whoever might contemplate future attacks. Thats why terrorists would spend decade plotting out how to attack America, because they know the dreadful consequence.
And i dont think the sponsors of Bokoharam are those we keep pointing at. It isnt Buhari. It isnt IBB. It isnt Atiku. These dudes have their eyes on the presidency, a glaring implication or tie with Bokoharm would forever eclipse their political ambition. Whoever is behind Bokoharam is a totally embittered enemy, and GEJ deep in his bone know who these people are, and I wonder whats wrong with thoroughly micro-scoping these culprits, well when it comes to GEJ common sense isnt so common undecided.

Though GEJ isnt as foolish as we think....I just feel sick he doesnt even understand the meaning of TERROR. It isnt something you play with. Its something you eradicate with all your resources and might....
Imagine, No Emergency rule despite such destruction. And those useless governors from Bauchi, Taraba, Kaduna, Kano, etc keep collecting federal allocation....

I think Kobo sums it up fine...
The president has no clue. He should resign, not Azazi.
[/b]

Give us your own antidote for Boko Haram - I tell you, the President will buy it. Oya - begin, one by one.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by kaiter: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2012
This means that GEJ would have been briefed that Gen. Buhari is clean and does not need to be invited for any bumb interrogation. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Obiagu1(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2012
kaiter: This means that GEJ would have been briefed that Gen. Buhari is clean and does not need to be invited for any bumb interrogation. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]

I will like to agree with that but to use the stability of his presidency as an excuse is silly.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by akoraye(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2012
Pdp fimally asked GEJ to treat Azazis' Bleep up! Lol!
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
Kobojunkie: The man is not weak. He is more likely incompetent as a leader.

He is truly a lucky INCOMPETENT BUFFOON angry
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2012
"[b]Mr. Azazi, who was speaking at the South-South Economic Summit in Asaba, Delta State, said the festering insecurity in the north eastern part of the country, which has been exacerbated by the frequent and deadly attacks of the extremist Boko Haram sect across the country, could be traced to the politics of exclusion of the PDP in the region.

“In discussing the relationship between national security and development, let me say that one cannot do without the other,” the NSA said.“The issue of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest. PDP got it wrong from the beginning. The party started by saying Mr. A can rule, and Mr. B cannot rule, according to PDP conventions, rules and regulations and not according to the constitution. That created the climate for what is happening or manifesting itself in country. Is it possible that somebody was thinking that only Mr. A could win, and if he did not win, he could cause a problem in the society.[/b]"

After saying the above, now Azazi blames it on Buhari. It's clear Azazi is an incompetent loud mouth. To deal with people likeBuhari, you must have actionable evidence, not just blab ur mouth. If u really believe it's Buhari, but u can't get the evidence you need, you don't invite him for questioning- you get assassins to take him out.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by nduchucks: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2012
Obiagu1:

I will like to agree with that but to use the stability of his presidency as an excuse is silly.

But must Azazi tell the whole world about the conversation? Azaai should have been arrested for leaking classified information through his media spokesman. He was the national security adviser for goodness' sake, how could GEJ have nominated such a person to such a sensitive post? It must be either because Azazi is from the SS or GEJ is not up to the job.
Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by smd(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2012
changing security adviser is a mere waste of time. Boko haram has made there point clear, whch is caliphisation of north. It either JEG yield or call for peaceful disintegration, ds culd be achievd strategically. I'm tired of seeing innocent blood wasting everyday in d name of "one nation Nigeria".
I dont knw hw a reasonable persons wl continue fighting a suicide bombers forgeting dat 30% of northerners ar having ds suiciding trait in thier blood. Am watching nd waiting for that day whn dazuki will be thrown out of d window for gross incompetence.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by Toktee(m): 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2012
moderatorr: Azazi will do anything to dirty Goodluck's name.
He's not the first incompetent man Goodluck is dealing with.
We have a security adviser and bombs are going off everyday!
All he could say was 'boko haram is PDP and PDP is boko haram' .
Is that a nursery rhyme or what? From a national security adviser!
Thank God u said he was a security adviser nt commander in chief,his duty is to advice the president,that he did but the dull fisherman refused to listen to him,now that he is tired of listening to his advice he fired him,grow up man even in u s,terrolist struck with all the security advicers ranging from ctu,nsa,fbi,ss etc,this is what happen when the president refused to take advice of expert,do u remember 9/11,bush was told that is going to happen but he chosed to ignored the report what happen nxt is nw history,let Ruben abati come out nd debunk the claim by the former nsa boss,why we wait Abati, i advice u to shut the f**k up

1 Like

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by dedeike: 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2012
Post sack blues by Azazi ft Bello Haliru. You want Gej to arrest a former Head of state abi? Pls when ever they want to effect such arrest on Buhari, they should tell me so that I will pack my bags and head to my village. It's not as if Gej cannot arrest Buhari but he acted very right to avoid such arrest. Let me tell you the likely consequences of such arrest. 1. Buhari himself will never co operate with the security agencies so the real aim of extracting information from him will be defeated. 2. While he's in detention, the opposition in Nigeria led by Tunde Bakare will mount a groundbreaking Occupy protests in Lagos and so many haters are beckoning for such opportunity to come so that they will rubbish Gej. 3. ACN and CPC will heavily poiticise the issue as a deliberate witchunting of the opposition. 4.The entire North West will explode in protests and thus draw more support for Boko Haram. 5. Buhari will come out from the detention and earn more popularity overnight. 6. Renouned Gej haters on Nairaland will now have more ammunition to attack the president as being clueless and vindictive against his opponent. Abeg I no follow. Now I even know why Azazi was sacked.

14 Likes

Re: GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah by kheart(m): 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2012
quote author=daomi]weak & confused[/quote] looking for d right words, where my dictionary sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu, Bisi Akande At June 12 Democracy Day Celebration In Abuja (Photos) / Fayose Inspects Ekiti PDP Secretariat Site / Ortom Faults Buhari’s Letter To Senate, Tells IG To Resign If Overwhelmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.