Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? (16690 Views)

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience / Free/affordable Comprehensive Medical Check Up / Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by jhydebaba(m): 11:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
Black man na cockroach, he no dey die quick tongue

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Sprumbaba: 12:19am On Mar 19, 2013
I did mine 2 months ago. I hate that the fact the doctor will have to physically rob my THING. I hate that.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 19, 2013
See all of them. 'I don't go to hospital'. When someone now dies from an avoidable illness, they'll begin to abuse poor medical structure and blaming government (for not dragging them for check ups, i guess undecided).
So you think if that's how citizens of those countries y'all call 'heaven' behave, they won't also have high death rate?

Nigerians will always be their own problems
And na dem sabi, they should continue to wallow in their backwardness and blame government; the cycle continues till Jesus comes cool
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 19, 2013
most nigerians cant afford high cost of lab testing for comprehensive med checkup!!! but its necessary one does it, if the means is available. the med guys many years of training is not for waste...most pple are ignorant and continually been fooled by our leaders, that they shd not mind the doctors...that they shd pray in church. kon3 pple are playing with fire, i weep for them.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Kassidy90(m): 12:41am On Mar 19, 2013
God bless u @ OP, u've said it all but for some that think medical check up is costly, here are some of d prices for some tests:
Msu - mcs: 1,500
Sfa & mcs: 2,500 (men only)
Hiv screening: 1,200
Cholesterol: 1,500
Blood group & Genotype: 1,500
E U C: 5,000
L F T: 5,000
VDRL (syphillis): 1,000
ECG: 2,500
Hepatitis B/C: 1,000 each
Full Blood Count: 3,000
Those are few test one needs to carried out once in while, though the price depend on the area...the above prices are for the medical labs within Ojo, Agbara, badagry area of lagos state N:B make sure u visit certified med. lab only
PRECISE DIAGNOSIS........SERVICE TO HUMANITY

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 12:43am On Mar 19, 2013
mysticgal: i dont remember when last i visited the hospital,with prayer sickness is on the run.

Hmm... Na so other people talk before the thing jam them

@op two years ago
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 19, 2013
Comprehensive medical wetin? That one na waste of money. I'm not interested in enriching any yeye doctor at the expense of my enjoyment. At any given time, if you to for "medical checkup", the doctors must find something wrong with you healthwise. I don't blame them sha. If they don't find something, how will they eat?

If na by "comprehensive medical checkup" all the barawo billionaire politicians wey dey go treat hangover and headache for Germany, US and UK suppose dey live long pass everybody else, which we all know is not the case. So, what then?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by folahann(m): 12:44am On Mar 19, 2013
When last did I go for a comprehensive medical check up?
N
E
V
E
R

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 12:50am On Mar 19, 2013
Sacluxpaint: You die when you wanna die, our forefathers that lived up to a 100 years, how many of them went tp hospital? It is when you worry too much that you invite complications. As for me I live a healthy lifestyle, I rarely drink don't smoke and watch my sugar intake. I have a serious phobia for hospitals even when given a clean bill of health. As for me 2007.Nothing dey happen, Jesus is my doctor.shikena dats all.

Where they exposed to the level of pollution we see now
The amount of free radicals in the air or the porocessed food wey you dey take chop.

If you no wan go hosipito, talk so no use old days logic justify wetin no be?
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by redcliff: 12:51am On Mar 19, 2013
greatgod2012: Some Nigerians!!!
We like work, we like to struggle, we know how to look for money, but never have time for periodic comprehensive medical check-up.
To some, they will say, they dont have time, some, claims no money, some will say they are not sickly, as if its only the sickly that hospital are made for, some will say, its better for them not to know that a particular illness is in their body, to such, its a preventive measure for them, as what one does not know anything about cant make you worry.
However, we should all know these things, its better for us, some ailment are better dealt with if they are diagonised earlier, even, when you are checked-up and the doctors affirm that you are perfectly alright, they wont just leave you to go like that, they will definately supply you with tips that will make you to maintain your good health.
Some usually complain of "no money, but sincerely, its not really expensive, one can just decide to reduce the junks one takes daily and save the money that is supposed to be used on them for six months, and before one knows what is happening, you have even more than what you need for the medical check-up.
Let us all stop the habit of going to hospitals only when we are suffering from one ailment or the other........a stitch in time, save nine, sometimes, even more than nine......
May God help us all.
As for me, i did my own comprehensive medical check-up about two weeks ago, and i was told that im alright, except that ihere is a hole in one of my teeth, of which i was given an appointment of when to come and fill it, which i have done.
So, lets share ours, when last did you go for comprehensive medical check up.
Thanks for sharing.

Op where is it you did this comprehensive checkup? Would like to do one.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 12:53am On Mar 19, 2013
jhydebaba: Black man na cockroach, he no dey die quick tongue

I no say you go talk that one, all the otumokpo you don swallow for your job, all the badt tinz you don do for your hotel..grin cheesy

Nothing do you

Pro01, carry go
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by obowunmi(m): 12:54am On Mar 19, 2013
Sprumbaba: I did mine 2 months ago. I hate that the fact the doctor will have to physically rob my THING. I hate that.

wait until you're in your 50s/60s and you have to do a colonoscopy grin grin grin
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 12:58am On Mar 19, 2013
speedyboi: See all of them. 'I don't go to hospital'. When someone now dies from an avoidable illness, they'll begin to abuse poor medical structure and blaming government (for not dragging them for check ups, i guess undecided).
So you think if that's how citizens of those countries y'all call 'heaven' behave, they won't also have high death rate?

Nigerians will always be their own problems
And na dem sabi, they should continue to wallow in their backwardness and blame government; the cycle continues till Jesus comes cool

In addtion, they will bring up exotic names like DVT or say oh, he/she was young, death is cruel,he/she started treatment just too late bla bla bla when this could have nipped in the bud and managed adequately.

Ish

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 12:59am On Mar 19, 2013
obowunmi:

wait until you're in your 50s/60s and you have to do a colonoscopy grin grin grin

Hin never start? What of checking for prostate? The guy no where prostate dey?
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Truckpusher(m): 1:49am On Mar 19, 2013
rodeo0070: I go for medical check-ups very 3 months in recent times...
You must be very old or sick and dying for you to go for medical checks every three months..... some heavy duty machines that runs every day don't even undergo that kind of preventive maintenance....make i hear word joor undecided
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 1:59am On Mar 19, 2013
Truckpusher: You must be very old or sick and dying for you to go for medical checks every three months..... some heavy duty machines that runs every day don't even undergo that kind of preventive maintenance....make i hear word joor undecided

Dude That is quite a presumptious statement
Some jobs require constant fitness to work certifications that you have to check and recheck the health of personnel

He may also be a hypochondriac and that is his prerogative not yours
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by obowunmi(m): 2:34am On Mar 19, 2013
biolabee:

Hin never start? What of checking for prostate? The guy no where prostate dey?

abi ooo ... na doctor go rub hin balls tire... grin grin grin grin
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by talk2s(m): 2:37am On Mar 19, 2013
Periodic med checks is good, but some guys that say they do so 3-4 times a year, is it that there's sth wrong with them or are they being over zealous?
Again, i would appreciate if some folks at the labs in Govt. Hospitals (where it's considered cheaper) would oblige us with rough estimate per kind of check-up.
However, there are general tips to stay healthy, like:
Taking enough (clean) water;
Taking (unspoilt) fruits;
Taking sufficient rest;
Periodic exercise;
Not eating late (after 8pm or not eating 30mins b4 U go to bed);
Periodic sexual intercourse;
Shunning taking much spirit, ikpo, etc
Trusting in God and praying to God...
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by greatgod2012(f): 2:41am On Mar 19, 2013
Image123:
prayer doesn't stop you from having medical check ups. God's wish is that you be in health, and check ups help you to be in health.

you are right, my brother, thats the mistake a lot of people are making.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by ObamaUS: 3:12am On Mar 19, 2013
There is a very good medical imaging centre in Egbeda,Alimisho L.G.A with state of the art medical facilities where you can check your medical status.
FUNBELL DIAGNOSTICS,88 Akowonjo road,Baale bus stop,Egbeda 08076344727.

The laboratory has 3D/4D scan,digital xray,CT scan,automated laboratory machines

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by YorubaOmoge: 3:36am On Mar 19, 2013
[size=18pt]The worst thing that can happen to Nigeria is uneducated, disease-ridden people.

Jeez!!

Get yourselves checked-up and stop passing around ring worms
. [/size]
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 19, 2013
The answer is between me and my chi
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by gbokukueba(m): 4:43am On Mar 19, 2013
I did it 3 times last year. One was a pre-employment medical in Nigeria. Two was for work permit in Dubai. Three was for another work permit late last year...
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Lucasbalo(m): 5:05am On Mar 19, 2013
Your question is right on target. I live in Chicago and I am very particular about my health. I work out vigorously and I am also a bodybuilder. I am very particular about what I eat. I thought I was doing everything right and didn't go for my checkup as scheduled. One day I got sick and my wife drove me to the hospital , I lapsed into a big sleep while the doctors were examining me for approximately 21 days. I was sick and out of work for four months and lost 60 pounds. It sure scare the living daylight out of me. Since then, I have been having my comprehensive checkup twice a year. I am very particular about my health now. It's been five years now and I am in good shape. Checkup is very important in people's lives . A lot of people in Nigeria should follow your advise to avoid untimely demise. Once again, thanks for your post.its very positive and inspiring.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by greatgod2012(f): 6:08am On Mar 19, 2013
Lucasbalo: Your question is right on target. I live in Chicago and I am very particular about my health. I work out vigorously and I am also a bodybuilder. I am very particular about what I eat. I thought I was doing everything right and didn't go for my checkup as scheduled. One day I got sick and my wife drove me to the hospital , I lapsed into a big sleep while the doctors were examining me for approximately 21 days. I was sick and out of work for four months and lost 60 pounds. It sure scare the living daylight out of me. Since then, I have been having my comprehensive checkup twice a year. I am very particular about my health now. It's been five years now and I am in good shape. Checkup is very important in people's lives . A lot of people in Nigeria should follow your advise to avoid untimely demise. Once again, thanks for your post.its very positive and inspiring.

thank God for you, some couldnt have survived it the way you did, you were just lucky, also, thank God you did it when you did it, otherwise, it would have been another story, there are so many walking corpses on the road, basically, because they dont know anything about their health/body, and unfortunately, when terrible sickness befall them as a result of their negligence or even death, pple start saying...."he was killed", "they killed him", "the witches at work",............, blah,blah, blah,etc......,hhhmmmm.
May God help us all
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by rodeo0070(m): 6:15am On Mar 19, 2013
Truckpusher: You must be very old or sick and dying for you to go for medical checks every three months..... some heavy duty machines that runs every day don't even undergo that kind of preventive maintenance....make i hear word joor undecided
If u don't understand why people do some things, kindly ask. The nature of my job calls for it...
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 19, 2013
greatgod2012: Some Nigerians!!!
We like work, we like to struggle, we know how to look for money, but never have time for periodic comprehensive medical check-up.
To some, they will say, they dont have time, some, claims no money, some will say they are not sickly, as if its only the sickly that hospital are made for, some will say, its better for them not to know that a particular illness is in their body, to such, its a preventive measure for them, as what one does not know anything about cant make you worry.
However, we should all know these things, its better for us, some ailment are better dealt with if they are diagonised earlier, even, when you are checked-up and the doctors affirm that you are perfectly alright, they wont just leave you to go like that, they will definately supply you with tips that will make you to maintain your good health.
Some usually complain of "no money, but sincerely, its not really expensive, one can just decide to reduce the junks one takes daily and save the money that is supposed to be used on them for six months, and before one knows what is happening, you have even more than what you need for the medical check-up.
Let us all stop the habit of going to hospitals only when we are suffering from one ailment or the other........a stitch in time, save nine, sometimes, even more than nine......
May God help us all.
As for me, i did my own comprehensive medical check-up about two weeks ago, and i was told that im alright, except that ihere is a hole in one of my teeth, of which i was given an appointment of when to come and fill it, which i have done.
So, lets share ours, when last did you go for comprehensive medical check up.
Thanks for sharing.
Pls how much does it cost to do it
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by rodeo0070(m): 6:37am On Mar 19, 2013
biolabee:

Dude That is quite a presumptious statement
Some jobs require constant fitness to work certifications that you have to check and recheck the health of personnel

He may also be a hypochondriac and that is his prerogative not yours
Thanks for the in depth analysis. Apart from the nature of my work, I'm obsessed about my health. Though, I'm not suffering from any ailments.
You'd be surprised what people harbor in their bodies which can prove to be lethal later. But our lifestyle, lack of orientation and the economic situation of the country makes it difficult for people to be particular about their health.
Ailments/sickness that ought to have been detected earlier or attended to will now kill somebody and people will say its spiritual (witches and wizards)attack (courtesy of their religious leaders). Everything is not spiritual, we just need to play our part by been careful and take care of ourselves.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 6:40am On Mar 19, 2013
Exactomento

The people perish for lack of knowlege.
Baba give you brain, give you herbs yet una still dey mescayarn

Ok now.. Ish

Lucas thank God for your life!

obowunmi:

abi ooo ... na doctor go rub hin balls tire... grin grin grin grin

Bros there is also the backdoor route
LOL
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by mu2sa2: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2013
How would people go for medical check-up when they can go to some "men of god" who will just lay hand on them when they are ill and presto! they are healed. Who cares about hospital when instant cure is available from ubiquitous "men of god"?
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 7:14am On Mar 19, 2013
mu2sa2: How would people go for medical check-up when they can go to some "men of god" who will just lay hand on them when they are ill and presto! they are healed. Who cares about hospital when instant cure is available from ubiquitous "men of god"?

For a fee commitment of tithes and offering of course
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by vanstanzy(m): 7:14am On Mar 19, 2013
I allow my bodys' natural defence, heal my body when am ill. Its been very long since i last went for a medical checkup. No be lie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The English Name Of Jedi-jedi / 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.