Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,926 members, 7,956,477 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494933 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:07am On Apr 11, 2013
Kunsoft:
Kunsoft: Hello guys, Please i need your comments. help me with this three questions
1.How many school did you apply to?
2. Why did Marketing?
3. What have you been doing since you graduate?

Answers:
1. One University
2. Marketing is people oriented, marketers perform various activities in an organization that link the organization to the marketplace outside such as purchasing, market research, customers service etc.
3. after my youth service, i join my brother in his business. i'm the logistic manager. (planing to get a letter to back it up)
Thanks.
@Bolded...don't ever mention to the VO that you applied to only one university!lipsrsealed The visa officers have been trained to infer that students that applied to only one university are not serious to study but rather are seeking means of escaping from their country (intending immigrant red light). When asked say you applied to 3/4 universities. He/she is going to ask you how many accepts and rejects you have. Please and please again, don't mention 1! Rather say 2 accepts 1 reject (for 3 universities) or 3 accepts 1 reject (for 4 universities). The VO doesn't have any means of verifying this neither do they bother asking you of the admission letters from other schools. No worries here.
Then you'll be asked why you've chosen this school over the other schools you were accepted into. You then give them a good reason why UND is better than your other 'supposed' schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 11, 2013
human nature: thanks for that, I had no IDea d xyz Tin could b a problem the name of the school is uni of Mississippi, as for Lasu they don't have time for sandwich student incase if u don't undastand the meaning cos most people don't undastand, is actually a B.e.d programme not diploma, so is also a barchlors degree,but external. although all my set are having the same problem includin d set before mine but me m fed up of the whole ish that's why I decided to start all over, I also want to use this medium to advice anybody here who has a cosuin or brother who wants to enroll in lasu's sandwich programme to withdraw because is a waste

It's really a waste from your comments.Education in Nigeria is in a dire situation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:52am On Apr 11, 2013
technolee: @imperiouxx, bigfrancis, yvete, mamacita, and other good people of the house.
Please, I just got an admission offer at UND, Grand Forks for elect. Engr. What can you say about the school as the offer is for dis fall. Thank you all

My fellow prospective EE masters student. Just went through your school's page and the school is in order. But I noticed where they indicated that not all GA appointments come with tuition remission or waivers. Just want to add that when writing for a GA appointment be sure to include you do need a tuition waiver or remission. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 11, 2013
Adolite:

You want to practice AMERICAN Law in NIGERIA
not really...I plan on practicing over there, does it "hold water"?...I could go for political administration
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2013
Yvete:

I'm learning not to take people on here too seriously. Lolz. Nairaland travel section is funny. cheesy One person will post a question on this thread for students visa, visiting visa for the UK, France, Germany, Turkey, Canada, Australia at the same time. Lolz. ...Even Cambodia, WTH?
That's serious o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:36am On Apr 11, 2013
@imperiouxx - please i need your help. I remember you made mention of registering and sending your documents from the MMIA airport, could you please tell me how to go about sending my documents that same way?. Where do i go to at the airport?, or is there a post office inside the airport?.
Waiting to read from you Sir, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:02am On Apr 11, 2013
[quote author=Yvete][/quote]

Thank you so much.
1. The Questions Why did you choose UCO over others?
Ans = During my research on internet i discovered that UCO provide a transformative education system as well as development experience that will help me in achieving my highest level of leadership potentials.
What is FMCG?
Thanks a lot. corrections noted. But i have not even schedule the appointment yet. i just got my form this morning, i'm planning to schedule the appointment next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 11:07am On Apr 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:
@Bolded...don't ever mention to the VO that you applied to only one university!lipsrsealed The visa officers have been trained to infer that students that applied to only one university are not serious to study but rather are seeking means of escaping from their country (intending immigrant red light). When asked say you applied to 3/4 universities. He/she is going to ask you how many accepts and rejects you have. Please and please again, don't mention 1! Rather say 2 accepts 1 reject (for 3 universities) or 3 accepts 1 reject (for 4 universities). The VO doesn't have any means of verifying this neither do they bother asking you of the admission letters from other schools. No worries here.
Then you'll be asked why you've chosen this school over the other schools you were accepted into. You then give them a good reason why UND is better than your other 'supposed' schools.

@Bolded Thanks. Actually in the first interview i mention about 4 schools. So Noted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sigilolu156: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2013
Adolite:

Still wondering how someone will spend 4 years in a school and doesn't know anything about job and OVERSEA everything that is going on within the campus.`Someone that pass through school and school pass through, should know all that in less than 4 years. just saying tongue tongue

Dude I was just looking for advice. Obviously, unlike u I don't know everything. U need to relax being a know-it-all just makes u look the fool. Oh and next time if u don't have constructive advice do us all a Favour and don't comment.
Thanks .
Imperiouxx: thanks for the advise!! I will look into RA positions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by 2chains1(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2013
Hello house! Please I am applying to the university of Massachusetts Lowell campus under the pre masters program. My question is concerning the visa application process. Can I use my dads company account as my sponsorship stuff when applying for a USA study visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
Kunsoft:

Thank you so much.
1. The Questions Why did you choose UCO over others?
Ans = During my research on internet i discovered that UCO provide a transformative education system as well as development experience that will help me in achieving my highest level of leadership potentials.
What is FMCG?
Thanks a lot. corrections noted. But i have not even schedule the appointment yet. i just got my form this morning, i'm planning to schedule the appointment next week.

Fast Moving Consumer Goods..FMCG
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
Mart d dart: not really...I plan on practicing over there, does it "hold water"?...I could go for political administration

You plan on telling the V.O u r gonna practise in d States? Dats automatic rejection.

And besides, i dont think u can go into undergraduate law directly in the U.S as obtainable in naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
2-chains:
Hello house! Please I am applying to the university of Massachusetts Lowell campus under the pre masters program. My question is concerning the visa application process. Can I use my dads company account as my sponsorship stuff when applying for a USA study visa?

Yeah. U can. Just get a letter from the company pledging to sponsor you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
Kunsoft: Thanks a lot. corrections noted. But i have not even schedule the appointment yet. i just got my form this morning, i'm planning to schedule the appointment next week.

Just wait for some more time. Dont be in a hurry like dat because youre not fully prepared. go and read from part 1- 3 for ur own good. wishing you all d best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
imperiouxx: NRC?? Ok oooo, it's group name for those

llooolll
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
olarwarlay: @imperiouxx - please i need your help. I remember you made mention of registering and sending your documents from the MMIA airport, could you please tell me how to go about sending my documents that same way?. Where do i go to at the airport?, or is there a post office inside the airport?.

That was long time ago...... I can't describe how the airport is set up anymore but I think it's through the second main entrance in the arrival section. You can ask any security officer you see there. At the NIPOST post, you tell them you want a registered mail with(out) express but not EMS. Then you buy large envelop, write necessary info on it, they will weigh it and give you the tracking number after paying. In few days (to up 6 work days), your mail should be in transit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
sigilolu156:

Dude I was just looking for advice. Obviously, unlike u I don't know everything. U need to relax being a know-it-all just makes u look the fool. Oh and next time if u don't have constructive advice do us all a Favour and don't comment.
Thanks .
Imperiouxx: thanks for the advise!! I will look into RA positions.

This is not about knowing it all, they are basic things to look out for on campus , atleast you spent 4 years at the school already. According to your claim, you have been to America before Imperiouxx that advised you.............so WHAT KIND OF STUDENT ARE YOU bingo?

bdvnv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
olarwarlay: @imperiouxx - please i need your help. I remember you made mention of registering and sending your documents from the MMIA airport, could you please tell me how to go about sending my documents that same way?. Where do i go to at the airport?, or is there a post office inside the airport?.

@Olarwalay, r u in lagos? If so, then I will strongly advise you send all ur documents through Nipost office in Ikeja. Instead of going through unneccesary stress.

I sent my admission package last month to my schools in USA, and they replied me by mail in 7 working days and told me dey hv received my documents.

I paid #700 for registered mail wth tracking number for each package. And all my documents were delivered with 7 working days. Nipost is very cheap and very reliable nw.. Cheers bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
Adolite:

This is not about knowing it all, they are basic things to look out for on campus , atleast you spent 4 years at the school already. According to your claim, you have been to America before Imperiouxx that advised you.............so WHAT KIND OF STUDENT ARE YOU bingo?

bdvnv
cheesy
Adolite:

bdvnv

Bingo.. Lol!!!! cheesy
Adolite:

bdvnv
cheesy
Adolite:

bdvnv

Bingo.. Lol!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
Adolite:

bdvnv
cheesy
Adolite:

bdvnv

Bingo.. Lol!!!! cheesy
Adolite:

bdvnv
cheesy
Adolite:

bdvnv

Bingo.. Lol!!!! Niggas on nairaland won't kill me wth laughter......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
sigilolu156 and Adolite should stop all this abeg.

mr swagger check your post, it's coming as spam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
Adolite!!!! hmmmmmmm grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
imperiouxx: sigilolu156 and Adolite should stop all this abeg.

mr swagger check your post, it's coming as spam
OK grin

Mamacita007: Adolite!!!! hmmmmmmm grin grin
this ur hmmmmm grin, hope am safe grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nice4life: 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
Mamacita how na?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nice4life: 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2013
Employers racing to file their H-1B visa petitions can stop. On Friday, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services reached its limit on H-1B petitions that are subject to the cap, the USCIS announced.

In just five days, the USCIS says it received more than enough petitions to fulfill the statutory cap of 65,000 H-1B petitions and 20,000 H-1B advanced degree exemption petitions since employers were allowed to file the paperwork on April 1.

According to the USCIS, it received a total of 124,000 H-1B petitions that are subject to the cap. Last year, the cap was reached in 10 weeks and the year before that it took roughly three times longer in the face of a sluggish economy, The Brookings Institution noted in a report. And while the cap was reached in lightning speed this year, the fastest in five years, it still doesn’t compare with the one-day record in 2008.

Now that the cap has been reached, the USCIS will use a computer-generated random selection process, otherwise known as the “lottery,” to chose from all the submitted H-1B petitions to find the final 65,000 statutory cap H-1B petitions and the 20,000 advanced degree petitions. A lottery date hasn’t yet been selected, because of an overwhelming number of petitions.

These fiscal 2014 H-1B petitions will then go on to the State Department, which has the final say on issuing the visas. Last year, the State Department approved a total of 135,530 H-1B visas, which includes both the combined cap of 85,000 statutory and advanced degree H-1B visas and the uncapped H-1B visas issued to non-profit and government research centers. The USCIS is continuing to accept H-1B petitions that are not subject to the cap.

So, in other words, stay tuned to see how many H-1B visas will ultimately be issued for 2013.

Things getting better for prospective F1 student, hope they pass the stem bill this year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
oops! How does it affect H1b visa transfers though?
EDITED
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

That was long time ago...... I can't describe how the airport is set up anymore but I think it's through the second main entrance in the arrival section. You can ask any security officer you see there. At the NIPOST post, you tell them you want a registered mail with(out) express but not EMS. Then you buy large envelop, write necessary info on it, they will weigh it and give you the tracking number after paying. In few days (to up 6 work days), your mail should be in transit.

Thanks for always being there Bro... Do you think a normal ball pen would be visible enough on the big envelope or can i use a marker(black)?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
tongue

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
olarwarlay:

Thanks for always being there Bro... Do you think a normal ball pen would be visible enough on the big envelope or can i use a marker(black)?.

Write it with whatever you like. I used pen (biro) and only blind couldn't see what I wrote. Though I have sexy hand writing cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
Yvete: oops!

Sister Yvete, Sister Yvete!!!
Just hailing. smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Write it with whatever you like. I used pen (biro) and only blind couldn't see what I wrote.

Ok bro, GBU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
nice4life:

Things getting better for prospective F1 student, hope they pass the stem bill this year.

Can you please explain to us how it is getting better? No where in your quoted article was "F-1" even mentioned.

Also, can you or anyone please enlighten us about the STEM Bill?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (401)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.