Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487530 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by newacca: 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
@All Veterans in the house,
I dey hail oooo. Please I want to confirm the standard and accreditation of this Uni: ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY,SAN FRANCISCO.
I want my wife to continue her academic career in fashion in the U.S. I have found FIT in NY but the tuition is on the high side. I also need more options.
I would be happy if you guys could help check this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

You need to know the kind of people getting that $5,000/$6,000 per month here in the US. That's within the range of kings salary not qualification seeking students. Well, it's your call.

FYI: I discouraged my friend from that MUM of a thing school. Shikena!

I was surprised when I saw that too bro. How many people even make $6k in the US? Some college professors don't even make up to that in a month. What the guy said is too good to be true.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
Yvete:

YINDI ... Thanks to Prof OjaP!!

Who goes there? Who is disturbing my sleep?? gringringringrin

You now know the meaning of #Yindi abi? gringringringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sigilolu156: 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
Thanks . It went as u predicted she didn't even ask for any documents we just chatted about who has gone where.
Thanks again . I pray the same happens to all those looking. Amen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
sigilolu156: Thanks . It went as u predicted she didn't even ask for any documents we just chatted about who has gone where.

You had your first degree from the almighty "Rutgers" and think the V.O would bounce or give you a tough time? NO.

Congratulations!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
OjaP:

You had your first degree from the almighty "Rutgers" and think the V.O would bounce or give you a tough time? NO.

Congratulations!!!!

Exactly my thoughts ... congrats sigilolu156
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
sigilolu156: Thanks . It went as u predicted she didn't even ask for any documents we just chatted about who has gone where.

We weren't surprised, you're returning back to your former school and no one can dispute that. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
OjaP: Who goes there? Who is disturbing my sleep?? gringringringrin
You now know the meaning of #Yindi abi? gringringringringrin
Yea grin ,besides, this is the BEST COMMENT EVER!
SJS: you won make ojap (mr harsh man) head sweal like gari wey dem soak for water since yesterday abi make he come start to dey fomm na wha for u ooooooooooo
Hehehehee...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
When the name of a university sounds like an Indian Restaurant ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
Yvete: When the name of a university sounds like an Indian Restaurant ...

That friend of mine that I discouraged told me he was connected with a Nigerian in the school and that practicing yoga isn't compulsory but they do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idoo4love: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
Yvete:

Wassup I-do-for-Love cool
I'm doing great. Hope you like it out here. Were you able to apply to schools before coming over? Will be wise to get it done ASAP.
Stay safe out there!
Yea,...jst for d weather bt am getting used to it..tnx ..I was not able to do that...pls how do i make payment for my WES evaluation ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
Yvete: When the name of a university sounds like an Indian Restaurant ...

grin grin grin Olenu pa!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sigilolu156: 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
I will be needing cash . Anyone has any ideas about the most efficitent on-campus job ? I.e best pay to work done ratio.
E'she
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
idoo4love: Yea,...jst for d weather bt am getting used to it..tnx ..I was not able to do that...pls how do i make payment for my WES evaluation ?

awww.. good to hear from you I-do-for-Love.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
idoo4love: Yea,...jst for d weather bt am getting used to it..tnx ..I was not able to do that...pls how do i make payment for my WES evaluation ?

Sebi you're in US and you've bank debit card.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
webstradamus: grin grin grin Olenu pa!

Lolz whatever that means! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
sigilolu156: I will be needing cash . Anyone has any ideas about the most efficitent on-campus job ? I.e best pay to work done ratio.
E'she

The question is funny, schools are different and you know the one you are going better, then why such question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
Yvete:

Lolz whatever that means! grin

Means you're
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
Congrats Sigilolu156!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
sigilolu156: I will be needing cash . Anyone has any ideas about the most efficitent on-campus job ? I.e best pay to work done ratio.
E'she

Are you making this enquiry on behalf of a friend or relative just like many people claimed here?

If not, I would say you should know more if truly you spent 4 years at RUTGERS. You should know even much more if you have been in the United states for atleast 3 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idoo4love: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
Yvete:

awww.. good to hear from you I-do-for-Love.
Listen, its challenging to get serious with academics when you start making money peanuts. I write from experience. I don't know how long its going to take me to get through this masters cos' I'm struggling with motivation. In your case, you were almost graduating in Nigeria. Get through with with the bachelors ASAP while adding on new skills that improve your employability; SAP, Primavera, whatever...

People will hook you up with prison jobs, driving cab, Mickey-D's, .... all that cool stuff to help your education, but don't get lost with it. Hope you get in by Fall '13.
tnx dear....and thats why i really wanna act fast on skul p...can i send u a private mail?...my email is praisylo@yahoo.com.. send ur digits so i can call u..thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
paparazzi1987:
I really Get your stance, but the point there is that MUM offers financial aid for international student with a Paid internship btw $5K - $6K monthly..
I will check out the two schools you mentioned.
Thanx A lot and really appreciate your advice

You wish? Impossible is something (bolded)
Btw, ur 10yr old SAT aint worth nada.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idoo4love: 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sebi you're in US and you've bank debit card.
will get that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2013

u can pay online. I used GTB's naira mastercard

Edit: oh! Just saw imperioux's comment but i'll leave it for others who might av d same question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idoo4love: 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
olsmade:

u can pay online. I used GTB's naira mastercard

Edit: oh! Just saw imperioux's comment but i'll leave it for others who might av d same question.
I dont av access to it here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
I want to thank the Gurus of this wonderful forum for their invaluable contributions..the likes of Ojap, imperioux Yvete and many others are rare gem in this forum. and I must say that your input are quite legendary.

I am applying for PhD in Petroleum Geology this summer in these four schools;
Univ of Houston
Texas Tech Univ.
Univ of Oklahoma and
West Virginia Univ.

Although I have actually done independent research on these schools online, I will still like to get some critique on them to know if am making the right choice.
I am also seriously preparing for my GRE and TOEFL, I will also like to know the best way to register for them.

Thank you guys
KK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
conyema12: I want to thank the Gurus of this wonderful forum for their invaluable contributions..I am applying for PhD in Petroleum Geology this summer in these four schools;
Univ of Houston grin grin grin Go Cougars!
Texas Tech Univ.
Univ of Oklahoma and
West Virginia Univ.

Haha, I'm biased in favor of one school on your list though. Success!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2013
I'm most definitely applying to that Taj Mahal school! cheesy cheesy. With a monthly stipend of 4-5K I'll definitely be a student for life!! grin grin. As soon as I finish with Msc I'm enrolling for another M.B.A!
I love this thread! Something or somebody will always come around to make you laugh hilariously cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
Yvete:

We've got one Geologist in the house. Wait till he dissects your question! Haha, I'm biased in favor of one school on your list though. Success!

This caught my attention.....brb.grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

#space reserved. Let me get off work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:58am On Apr 10, 2013
Ms Nas: I'm most definetely apply to that Taj Mahal school! cheesy cheesy. With a monthly stipend of 4-5K I'll definetely be a student for life!! grin grin. As soon as I finish with Msc I'm enrolling for another M.B.A!
I love this thread! Something or somebody will always come around to make you laugh hilariously cheesy

That's what they called student4life. cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:04am On Apr 10, 2013
Yvete:

We've got one Geologist in the house. Wait till he dissects your question! Haha, I'm biased in favor of one school on your list though. Success!

This caught my attention.....brb.grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

#space reserved. Let me get off work.

conyema12: I want to thank the Gurus of this wonderful forum for their invaluable contributions..the likes of Ojap, imperioux Yvete and many others are rare gem in this forum. and I must say that your input are quite legendary.

I am applying for PhD in Petroleum Geology this summer in these four schools;
Univ of Houston
Texas Tech Univ.
Univ of Oklahoma and
West Virginia Univ.

Conyema:

You made a very good decision applying to those schools,they are some of the best geological schools around. To avoid repetition, I will direct you to the link below where I made some comments which you may find useful.

https://www.nairaland.com/1229483/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part4/1#14850027

Nonetheless, I will like to know what your research interests are. Are you interested in Reservoir Characterization? Diagenesis/Porosity of Reservoir Rocks? Climate Change? Structural Geology? Seismic? Geochemical Analysis? etc. Your research interest and/or proximity to oil companies should play a vital role in your choice of school.

Hey, why is LSU, UT Austin, USC, Stanford,Colorado School of Mines not on your list? .

One more thing, be sure of the visa if you can get admission into any of the PhD schools in America. You stand up to 90% chance atleast - that is if we remove the NRC factor. grin grin grin grin grin

I wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.