Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,078 members, 7,845,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488941 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin

"10 years ago, I might
have stated facts
and laid down empirical
evidence, but today, all I'll say is "google is your
friend"."

@Walspring, i hope you've gained one or two things on the other thread. wink

That woman is nice and very attentive.
Amefrica, i know you were not talking to me but if you don't mind, is this thread you are talking about related to this one?...because i dey find information like no tomorrow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by crespo67: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
electronic:

Bro TAMU is .Quite ambitious!!
NCSU and IOWA STATE are not that friendly with TA/GA 4 Msc applicants , moreover .ASIAN competition!!
Try to add other schools in the lower cadre.. and try communicating with Profs, you never know! uckd be lucky.

Canadian .schools are more generous to Msc. applicants (excluding top notches that are competitive). Just do a little Prof mailing...lol

my 2cents!
am not in Yankee though..
. Thanks for u response bro...I aint so bent on TAMU cos,though I like the skul,I have not exactly fallen for d structure of my particular program...my top choices are actually UH,ISU,NCSU...loved d arrangement of my program dat UH runs...buh,at d moment,dere is a dearth of Power profs in d department,contacted d one I cud find,and d guy don port go Uni of denver,d department rep told me dey plan on recruiting new power guyz...on d oda hand,d structure of ISU is top notch...dey av 2 power research centres...on deir site,dey stated dat 60percent of masters get assistanship,and 80percent for phd...so,I dey wait to kill d GRE 1st b4 I contact a faculty in ISU and NCSU while waiting for UH to recruit deir guyz...u said u not in yankee...u plan on goin dere,wat window/course are u looking at?...cheers bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
godG: In bold: NO sir
Sir,
the trend over the years is writing exams before applying. You don't need to rush, take one step at a time. Perhaps you are running behind schedule, put a mail, call, etc. through to ur school.

Sir, the fact that it is a the trend (as you've claimed) does not mean 'submitting an application before writing the GRE' is unacceptable. You were so assertive in your response which failed to profer a direct answer to Mr UNIKLover's question.

In an attempt to answer other people's question, I think it's imperative that we give direct response to their questions instead of trying to express our opinion (except an opinion is sought). I have also noticed your forceful responses to people's questions, I don't think that's usually the best approach. Apologies if you comprehend this post as a rude one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
Walspring: I need on the following below;

1, Schools with full scholarship for undergraduate apart from schools in MINNESOTA..

2, Schools with full scholarship for undergraduate and the school should also have soccer team..

Kindly pm me for the schools name or indicate so that i can pm you myself

Ditto!!!

There is no school without sport teams, name the kind you want.

You'll play soccer till your GPA starts begging you for more points at the end of the semester.

Best of luck.

PS: you must not loss form to stay on the athletic funding and your CGPA must not drop beyond limit, else you'll be advised to concentrate more on your CGPA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amefrica: NO! Not this thread.. Check this out! www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me/46#1359935.1493
oh!..i knew about that, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

You'll play soccer till your GPA starts begging you for more points at the end of the semester.

Best of luck.

PS: you must not loss form to stay on the athletic funding and your CGPA must not drop beyond limit, else you'll be advised to concentrate more on your CGPA.
...and quit the soccer team?...after suffering at tryouts and finally making the team
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Graviton: ...and quit the soccer team?...after suffering at tryouts and finally making the team

Yea but you can still make it back later. Coaches demand for course reports sign by instructors every semester. If they notice you're not doing well in classes, you'll be relieved. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin

"10 years ago, I might
have stated facts
and laid down empirical
friend"."

Mama da boda mi l'ohun. Nigba ti o fe run gbogbo e l'oju po nko? K'oya lo google e ni jare. Aye ti koja gbogbo iyen jare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by electronic(m): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
crespo67: . Thanks for u response bro...I aint so bent on TAMU cos,though I like the skul,I have not exactly fallen for d structure of my particular program...my top choices are actually UH,ISU,NCSU...loved d arrangement of my program dat UH runs...buh,at d moment,dere is a dearth of Power profs in d department,contacted d one I cud find,and d guy don port go Uni of denver,d department rep told me dey plan on recruiting new power guyz...on d oda hand,d structure of ISU is top notch...dey av 2 power research centres...on deir site,dey stated dat 60percent of masters get assistanship,and 80percent for phd...so,I dey wait to kill d GRE 1st b4 I contact a faculty in ISU and NCSU while waiting for UH to recruit deir guyz...u said u not in yankee...u plan on goin dere,wat window/course are u looking at?...cheers bro...

You are welcome Bro.

Assuming a great coy doesn't acquire me lol

Am looking at Fall 2015..
infact, I am quarrelling with Baron GRE! Now Quant mode. The thing is trickly easy...lol
Am not a power Guy though.
Am thinking of Control Systems, VLSI, Computer vision, Intelligent systems ... but I also need GA/TA ohhh!!! .... not Easy this days.

My Gp is 4.08/5....I hope its good enough! 4 GA/TA..

Am hoping 4 a solid 165 (IJN) in quant..whew!
ISU phd,UCinncinatti Msc,..still checking!!

I hope I can add Canada schools 4obvious reasons..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin

"10 years ago, I might
have stated facts
and laid down empirical
friend"."

yes i do...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Best of luck.

I mentioned soccer team..... Yes i knew that my GPA must not drop and i must not lose form also... I thought there will be time for soccer and also there will be time for studies.... I will pm base on this level
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
dolapobello1:

Nigba ti o fe run gbogbo e l'oju po nko? K'oya lo google e ni jare. Aye ti koja gbogbo iyen jare.

grin grin Yoruba master!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea but you can still make it back later. Coaches demand for course reports sign by instructors every semester. If they notice you're not doing well in classes, you'll be relieved. grin
sounds much better, it would really have been real bad if one were not called back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Walspring:

I mentioned soccer team..... Yes i knew that my GPA must not drop and i must not lose form also... I thought there will be time for soccer and also there will be time for studies.... I will pm base on this level
i replied your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
Walspring: Hello house,

I need schools with full scholarship for undergraduate apart from schools in MINNESOTA.. Kindly PM me for the schools name.

Ditto!!!

The list of institutions that offer guaranteed full-rides to out-of-state students is very short.

Alabama State University

Coppin State University (Maryland)

Jackson State University (Mississippi)

Louisiana Tech University

Newberry College (South Carolina)

Prairie View A&M University (Texas)

Southeast Missouri State University

Troy University (Alabama)

University of Arkansas at Monticello

You can also check the link below for large compilation of scholarships that are guaranteed based on your CGPA and SAT score.

It will probably take you few minutes to write the school and determine which of them are also open to international applicants.

talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/1348012-automatic-full-tuition-full-ride-scholarships.html

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
electronic:

You are welcome Bro.

infact, I am quarrelling with Baron GRE! Now Quant mode. The thing is trickly easy...lol
Am thinking of Control Systems, VLSI, Computer vision, Intelligent systems ... but I also need GA/TA ohhh!!! .... not Easy this days.

mine is Baron SAT, very comprehensive but it is not fun

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
JUSTwise, that was very characteristic of you - unJUST. Hiding my post for no JUST cause.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by electronic(m): 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Graviton: mine is Baron SAT, very comprehensive but it is not fun
onpoint smiley cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by crespo67: 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
electronic:

You are welcome Bro.

. Lol @ 'Acquire me'...sounds like an equipment or software...by gr8 coy,I guess u mean d E and P's...cool...are u done wiv skul and service?..2015 fall...datz 2 solid years...nice cgpa assuming dat u done wiv skul...guess datz like a 3.5 to 3.6 on a WES converted scale...cool dat u goin straight for ur phd..I say,shoot for it bro...better chances of getting ur full scholarships...my cgpa was kinda poor,3.46 so on a WES converted scale,I guess its gonna look like a 3.2...so,dat na why I need kill d GRE...my last prep,I used Baron,gruber and d killer kaplan...kaplan was just my undoing for dat exam...made everytin look so easy...na big fat lie in real life...while Baron is quite good,4m wat I av observed,it doesn't av d potentials of bringing dat stellar 165 and above quant score...last time,I focused on d verbal toomuch,was like a madman wiv barron's 3400 words...mehn,no mata hw u learn words,I promise,u are gonna meet words uve neva met b4 in d exam...so,av resigned my fate on d verbal...unto focusing on quant nw mehn...I can't shout,lemme see hw far dis GRE bible takes me....cheers bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
crespo67: . Lol @ 'Acquire me'...sounds like an equipment or software...by gr8 coy,I guess u mean d E and P's...cool...are u done wiv skul and service?..2015 fall...datz 2 solid years...nice cgpa assuming dat u done wiv skul...guess datz like a 3.5 to 3.6 on a WES converted scale...cool dat u goin straight for ur phd..I say,shoot for it bro...better chances of getting ur full scholarships...my cgpa was kinda poor,3.46 so on a WES converted scale,I guess its gonna look like a 3.2...so,dat na why I need kill d GRE...my last prep,I used Baron,gruber and d killer kaplan...kaplan was just my undoing for dat exam...made everytin look so easy...na big fat lie in real life...while Baron is quite good,4m wat I av observed,it doesn't av d potentials of bringing dat stellar 165 and above quant score...last time,I focused on d verbal toomuch,was like a madman wiv barron's 3400 words...mehn,no mata hw u learn words,I promise,u are gonna meet words uve neva met b4 in d exam...so,av resigned my fate on d verbal...unto focusing on quant nw mehn...I can't shout,lemme see hw far dis GRE bible takes me....cheers bro....

For the verbal, I'd advice you to memorize (and use in daily parlance,) the Princeton Review's Hit Parade. It's gonna help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
dolapobello1: JUSTwise, that was very characteristic of you - unJUST. Hiding my post for no JUST cause.

Next time show some respect to people visiting this thread and make your comments in English language.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 7:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
justwise:

Next time show some respect to people visiting this thread and make your comments in English language.

Koret! u get mouth......always at alert.....doing a great job
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Walspring:

No, as a member of school sport team, you'll sometimes miss classes... like when you guys go for conferences or away matches. When I taught Org. Chem Lab last fall, I had this 3 students that missed 4 out of 12 lab sessions. Later they came asking for reports because their coaches wanted to see how they perform in class. I had to give them..... take no kill me whitie! undecided They will always come for make up labs when it's not convenient for you and be on your neck. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
Graviton: sounds much better, it would really have been real bad if one were not called back

Sure, you can always reapply and be placed on trial again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
justwise:

Next time, show some respect and courtesy for people posting on this thread and tell them why you are hiding their posts before you hide them.

I didn't explicitly violate any nairaland rules, so what mumbo jumbo are you telling me? *Pardon my french*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 8:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hi master imperiuox do u have an idea when the I-20 for spring 2014 adm will be rolled out
Most of the schools had their deadline arround 1st week of september.... Chei! I forgot to hail u first. Bros I dey great wella...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by crespo67: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2013
dolapobello1:

For the verbal, I'd advice you to memorize (and use in daily parlance,) the Princeton Review's Hit Parade. It's gonna help.
Bro..tanx man....I wud do my best wiv d memorizing of words,as a matter of fact,i still do remember quite a number of words I learnt then,buh..as av come 2 see,my program places more emphasis on d quant score...for instance..TAMU accepts 150 in verbal wiv a stellar 166 quant...so,i aint killing myself on verbal again,i nor fit jare...152 the last time after all d prep...abeg,me,av relaxed on dat area jare... grin
cheers bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

No, as a member of school sport team, you'll sometimes miss classes... like when you guys go for conferences or away matches. When I taught Org. Chem Lab last fall, I had this 3 students that missed 4 out of 12 lab sessions. Later they came asking for reports because their coaches wanted to see how they perform in class. I had to give them..... take no kill me whitie! undecided They will always come for make up labs when it's not convenient for you and be on your neck. angry

Thanks bro.. But it their lab work tedious? Abeg give me more OT on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
crespo67:
Bro..tanx man....I wud do my best wiv d memorizing of words,as a matter of fact,i still do remember quite a number of words I learnt then,buh..as av come 2 see,my program places more emphasis on d quant score...for instance..TAMU accepts 150 in verbal wiv a stellar 166 quant...so,i aint killing myself on verbal again,i nor fit jare...152 the last time after all d prep...abeg,me,av relaxed on dat area jare... grin
cheers bro....

I totally understand your situation.I suggest you do what's best for you and ace the quant. Don't totally ignore the verbal though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
University of Rochester, University of Bridgeport, Southwest Minnesota
State University (SMSU).

Hello everyone, is there anything wrong with the above mentioned universities? Does anybody kw anything about them? I wish to apply to them because Utah State Uni is f**king me up so I want to apply to the above mentioned schs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.