Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,596 members, 7,854,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (489608 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Tochium: University of Rochester, University of Bridgeport, Southwest Minnesota
State University (SMSU).

Hello everyone, is there anything wrong with the above mentioned universities? Does anybody kw anything about them? I wish to apply to them because Utah State Uni is fucking me up so I want to apply to the above mentioned schs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by crespo67: 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
dolapobello1:

I totally understand your situation.I suggest you do what's best for you and ace the quant. Don't totally ignore the verbal though.
Thanks bro...wat course/window/skulz are u looking at...av u taken d GRE and toefl?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
FutureDon:

Sir, the fact that it is a the trend (as you've claimed) does not mean 'submitting an application before writing the GRE' is unacceptable. You were so assertive in your response which failed to profer a direct answer to Mr UNIKLover's question.

In an attempt to answer other people's question, I think it's imperative that we give direct response to their questions instead of trying to express our opinion (except an opinion is sought). I have also noticed your forceful responses to people's questions, I don't think that's usually the best approach. Apologies if you comprehend this post as a rude one.

Judge FutureDon,

For all you have written: Thank you and KKKKKKKK
If you know what assertion really is, you wouldn't have said that. Could you give me the assertive words from my response?
But please Judge, you seem to be furious. Calm it sir. He asked 2 questions: "Should i also pay application fees before i write my GRE?" Come on, how on earth should you pay for a fee that is not refundable when you are not even sure of meeting the GRE requirement of the school? In respect to this, I said no. Now tell me, what was assertive in that? That is simple logic. Logical reasoning matters a lot in life, Judge. His second question: "Do i wait till i write my GRE before i start sending my applications to schools?" and I said "the trend over the years..." That is basic enough for anybody with a shrewd knowledge of English to infer that I never said it is not acceptable. I went ahead by telling the brother to take one step at a time and by talking to his school if he is running out of time. And here you are telling me stories about how Nigeria gained her independence. Nkan n be o sad sad

Also, do you even know that the word "Sir" is a marker of politeness and respect? Check the number of times I used it when answering the brother. Why are you hellbent in just finding fault in what I posted?

My dear brother,see, the hallmark of a noble personality lies in one's ability to accord people with respect and live in peace with all men. Even when Dolapobello1 and one other brother pointed something out from what I posted few days ago, I wasn't too big to say sorry. If you see anything bad in what I have always posted, courtesy and nobility demand of you to point it out in a noble way, not by just fabricating what is not as though they were. Anytime I interact with people I have met from this thread, I deal with them with sheer respect; some of them are seeing this now and I'm sure they can prove me wrong if I haven't. Seriously, I'm not offended sir but maybe your jaundiced notion about me is what necessitated such remarks. cry cry Me, of all people? It's well. I'm seriously not offended but you got it all wrong. Judge FutureDon, if I have ever offended you knowingly or unknowingly to have merited such remarks, I'M SORRY. But please as the Yoruba will say; if we cry we do see!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
Walspring:

Thanks bro.. But it their lab work tedious? Abeg give me more OT on this

For students it isn't tedious, as the lab lasts only 2hr 30mins (though they also have other labs but not on same day) but for the GAs, it may depending on your own classes and other tasks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
conyema12: Hi master imperiuox do u have an idea when the I-20 for spring 2014 adm will be rolled out
Most of the schools had their deadline arround 1st week of september.... Chei! I forgot to hail u first. Bros I dey great wella...lol

Master imperioux pls i dey beg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
godG:

Judge FutureDon,

For all you have written: Thank you and KKKKKKKK
If you know what assertion really is, you wouldn't have said that. Could you give me the assertive words from my response?
But please Judge, you seem to be furious. Calm it sir. He asked 2 questions: "Should i also pay application fees before i write my GRE?" Come on, how on earth should you pay for a fee that is not refundable when you are not even sure of meeting the GRE requirement of the school? In respect to this, I said no. Now tell me, what was assertive in that? That is simple logic. Logical reasoning matters a lot in life, Judge. His second question: "Do i wait till i write my GRE before i start sending my applications to schools?" and I said "the trend over the years..." That is basic enough for anybody with a shrewd knowledge of English to infer that I never said it is not acceptable. I went ahead by telling the brother to take one step at a time and by talking to his school if he is running out of time. And here you are telling me stories about how Nigeria gained her independence. Nkan n be o sad sad

Also, do you even know that the word "Sir" is a marker of politeness and respect? Check the number of times I used it when answering the brother. Why are you hellbent in just finding fault in what I posted?

My dear brother,see, the hallmark of a noble personality lies in one's ability to accord people with respect and live in peace with all men. Even when Dolapobello1 and one other brother pointed something out from what I posted few days ago, I wasn't too big to say sorry. If you see anything bad in what I have always posted, courtesy and nobility demand of you to point it out in a noble way, not by just fabricating what is not as though they were. Anytime I interact with people I have met from this thread, I deal with them with sheer respect; some of them are seeing this now and I'm sure they can prove me wrong if I haven't. Seriously, I'm not offended sir but maybe your jaundiced notion about me is what necessitated such remarks. cry cry Me, of all people? It's well. I'm seriously not offended but you got it all wrong. Judge FutureDon, if I have ever offended you knowingly or unknowingly to have merited such remarks, I'M SORRY. But please as the Yoruba will say; if we cry we do see!

godG, I know you're a nice guy. No vex.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
conyema12: Hi master imperiuox do u have an idea when the I-20 for spring 2014 adm will be rolled out
Most of the schools had their deadline arround 1st week of september.... Chei! I forgot to hail u first. Bros I dey great wella...lol

conyema12:

Master imperioux pls i dey beg

Haba! no need to beg, I go ansa you nau my oga.

Once the deadline ends, they will start evaluating every application (this might take like 2-3 weeks) and they make decisions.

I-20 would be sent a month or and half after deadline. The evaluation and decision are fast in some schools but in some,..... it's very very slow.... like that of Florida International University...it's like snail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
crespo67:
Thanks bro...wat course/window/skulz are u looking at...av u taken d GRE and toefl?

Yep, I've taken both exams. Looking to do a research program in mcb/devtal bio. Schools...not yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Once the deadline ends, they will start evaluating every application (this might take like 2-3 weeks) and they make decisions.

I-20 would be sent a month or and half after deadline. The evaluation and decision are fast in some schools but in some,..... it's very very slow.... like that of Florida International University...it's like snail.

Thanx master, in that case let me start warming up
Pls what's the best method to arrange for dhl or ups to pick it up for applicants and how will the payment be made. I dnt want. Nipost wahala oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
Una nor go use English kill person shaa! undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amefrica: Una nor go use English kill person shaa! undecided

This Ibadan dude is speaking in tongues o. smiley Where u see English?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by electronic(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
crespo67: . Lol @ 'Acquire me'...sounds like an equipment or software...by gr8 coy,I guess u mean d E and P's...cool...are u done wiv skul and service?..2015 fall...datz 2 solid years...nice cgpa assuming dat u done wiv skul...guess datz like a 3.5 to 3.6 on a WES converted scale...cool dat u goin straight for ur phd..I say,shoot for it bro...better chances of getting ur full scholarships...my cgpa was kinda poor,3.46 so on a WES converted scale,I guess its gonna look like a 3.2...so,dat na why I need kill d GRE...my last prep,I used Baron,gruber and d killer kaplan...kaplan was just my undoing for dat exam...made everytin look so easy...na big fat lie in real life...while Baron is quite good,4m wat I av observed,it doesn't av d potentials of bringing dat stellar 165 and above..

Thanks for the advise Bro !!
Am actually aiming 4 2015 Because am running my Msc now, but ASSU got me thinking again! lol...
Graduate application is not easy. but its one step at a time...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 10:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
You don't have to be that verbose before insulting me. I have no more words for you at this moment. This thread is all about US student visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
godG:

This Ibadan dude is speaking in tongues o. smiley Where u see English?

Una know unaself, you guys should just take am easy..

BTW! I'm getting another edition of my dico 2moro. So, to flow with y'all profs.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amefrica: Una nor go use English kill person shaa! undecided
i don laugh tire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
conyema12:

Thanx master, in that case let me start warming up
Pls what's the best method to arrange for dhl or ups to pick it up for applicants and how will the payment be made. I dnt want. Nipost wahala oh

It depend on schools, cos some schools can send it via courier free of charge while some schools will ask you to pay for courier service which is around 100 usd and above.

You can use USPS express mail international and its just 3-5 business days and it cost less than 50 usd. For you to use this service your must ask your school to send it to someone in US who can help you resend it via USPS express mail international
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

For students it isn't tedious, as the lab lasts only 2hr 30mins (though they also have other labs but not on same day) but for the GAs, it may depending on your own classes and other tasks.

oh ok, i roger that.. If i may ask do u think a computer science student will be able to have good GPA since he is in the soccer team either he misses lab work or classes 4-5 times in a semester?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 11:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
gr8ever:

The list of institutions that offer guaranteed full-rides to out-of-state students is very short.

Alabama State University

Coppin State University (Maryland)

Jackson State University (Mississippi)

Louisiana Tech University

Newberry College (South Carolina)

Prairie View A&M University (Texas)

Southeast Missouri State University

Troy University (Alabama)

University of Arkansas at Monticello

You can also check the link below for large compilation of scholarships that are guaranteed based on your CGPA and SAT score.

It will probably take you few minutes to write the school and determine which of them are also open to international applicants.

talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/1348012-automatic-full-tuition-full-ride-scholarships.html

Thanks.

Thanks alot for the wonderful info!!!!
I truly appreciate that....
God bless you....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

My School Processes i-20s Just 7 days after their Deadlines.....

The Deadline for my school for Spring 2014 semester is 1st of September.. And I-20s are being Processed from 8th of September..

So I think it depends on the schools as you have said.. Some are veryy fast and won't wait for One month before they start issuing out the i-20s..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
Walspring:

It depend on schools, cos some schools can send it via courier free of charge while some schools will ask you to pay for courier service which is around 100 usd and above.

You can use USPS express mail international and its just 3-5 business days and it cost less than 50 usd. For you to use this service your must ask your school to send it to someone in US who can help you resend it via USPS express mail international

That's a Long Process... Make eem US contact no go dump eem i-20 package inside Dustbin... I-20 package is a very VITAL document..

Let him Use TNT courier Plus Pick up service. They will go over to his school in the US and pick up the package and he will be able to track his package online on TNT's website. TNT is the cheapest..

They charge Just #12,260 for their Pick-up service and you get your package here within 4 working days...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amefrica:

Una know unaself, you guys should just take am easy..

BTW! I'm getting another edition of my dico 2moro. So, to flow with y'all profs.. grin

cheesy You are like a Shakespearean comical character: unintentionally funny.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FutureDon(m): 12:01am On Oct 11, 2013
Guys, sorry for that slight distraction. godG and I are both cool. I'll be more mindful of my choice of words smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 12:21am On Oct 11, 2013
After exhaustive brain racking and shuffling, I have completed my first school admission essay...just thought I should share
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 12:59am On Oct 11, 2013
Is It appropriate to call to know the status of a job application? I recently filled out 2 different on campus job application(walk-in) and haven't gotten any feed back yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:07am On Oct 11, 2013
flynbird: Is It appropriate to call to know the status of a job application? I recently filled out 2 different on campus job application(walk-in) and haven't gotten any feed back yet.

They won't bite
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 1:09am On Oct 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

They won't bite

I understand. But I don't want to behave too forward you know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:18am On Oct 11, 2013
flynbird:

I understand. But I don't want to behave too forward you know.

No, that's student for them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 1:46am On Oct 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

No, that's student for them.
ok Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by femmoy(m): 1:54am On Oct 11, 2013
PLEASE GURUS IN DA HOUSE I HAVE A BIG QUESTION AND I NEED A CANDID ADVISE ON WAT TO DO,
i'm an HND holder and my passport has aged 29 on it,last year i applied to Northeastern state uni where i was given an undergraduate admission but at the lagos embassy,i was denied my visa ,again i applied to Southeast Missouri university for spring 2014 and i've been offered another undergraduate admission cool. i remember stating at the embassy that my highest education is OND & dat i was going to upgrade myself so as to get my Bsc when i was denied last year. Please do u think i should still stick to that or change my story,do u think my age is not going to be considered for an undergraduate person undecided and also note that i have 83 in my toefl IBT.
Please Justwise,imperoiuxx,ricky rozay,amefrica and others i need ur candid advise and God bless u as you do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:02am On Oct 11, 2013
femmoy: PLEASE GURUS IN DA HOUSE I HAVE A BIG QUESTION AND I NEED A CANDID ADVISE ON WAT TO DO,
i'm an HND holder and my passport has aged 29 on it,last year i applied to Northeastern state uni where i was given an undergraduate admission but at the lagos embassy,i was denied my visa ,again i applied to Southeast Missouri university for spring 2014 and i've been offered another undergraduate admission cool. i remember stating at the embassy that my highest education is OND & dat i was going to upgrade myself so as to get my Bsc when i was denied last year. Please do u think i should still stick to that or change my story,do u think my age is not going to be considered for an undergraduate person undecided and also note that i have 83 in my toefl IBT.
Please Justwise,imperoiuxx,ricky rozay,amefrica and others i need ur candid advise and God bless u as you do.

This is medicine after death. Though your age narrow down the chance as well as the OND but you should still stick with the OND since you've said that's your highest degree (I'm waiting for who will change our believe on this). Two questions I'll to ask

1. Why did you change from NSU to SMU?
2. Why did you choose to go for an undergrad program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by femmoy(m): 2:12am On Oct 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

This is medicine after death. Though your age narrow down the chance as well as the OND but you should still stick with the OND since you've said that's your highest degree (I'm waiting for who will change our believe on this). Two questions I'll to ask

1. Why did you change from NSU to SMU?
2. Why didn't you choose to go for an undergrad program?

i just felt like changing school because a friend of mine in the state told me that the school ranking,rating and popularity also count and i applied for undergraduate again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:19am On Oct 11, 2013
femmoy:

i just felt like changing school because a friend of mine in the state told me that the school ranking,rating and popularity also count and i applied for undergraduate again.

The bold is where you're wrong. MS would have put you in a better position even if you switch school because of ranking which you can always claim it's your reason. Changing the highest degree story might be perilous to your dreams, so I'll suggest you stick with the OND, except you can risk it.... nothing is impossible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.