Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488171 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 10:00am On Oct 11, 2013
Graviton: i am considering applying to these two schools but funds are not on my side i'm trying to narrow down my choices, is there anyone here at the University of Kentucky, Lexington....or say someone maybe, who could give me an inside analysis of how kentucky or reading, P.A actually are?
please, someone?...anyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Hello Kim K. Went back a couple of posts and saw this your post and decided to address you. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE USE OF ANY AGENTS!
1) Agents will extort you exorbitantly.
2) Agents will frustrate you.
3) Agents won't process your admission and visa process with much passion as you would.

I know somebody who used agents and they frustrated him to the core. He paid them to apply to 3 schools for him. You won't believe they didn't apply to 2. Only 1. Lucky for him he got admission in that 1. When his I20 arrived, they seized it and refused to give it to him claiming it was too important a document for him to keep. His own I20! They used it as a ploy to demand that they MUST process his visa application for him which is EXTRA payment for that service. EXTORTION TO THE FULLEST. Now this my guy paid, and these guys still FAILED to get him a date for fall till Fall deadline passed. Now they are telling him to pay ANOTHER fee again to process Spring for him. Imagine! angry

Now this my guy is now doing it on his own. He's doing it himself now. He is contacting the school directly for another I20 for spring and to book his visa himself.

Summary: please do it yourself. I can't stress this enough. Whatever it is those agents do, you CAN do it and even much better. Agents WON'T understand your reason for application as much as you would, or know if you need scholarship/graduate assistantship and know whether to apply for you, etc. More than 90% of members on this thread who have gotten their visas processed every single step on their own starting from GRE/tOEFL/SAT registration to booking of flights. I am an example myself. I NEVER used any so-called agents from the beginning to end. Everything and information that you need starting from exam registration, school application, receiving of I20, DS160 form filling, visa booking, US student visa interview(which is the cumulative effort of all past efforts and the most important of all as it determines if all your efforts and justified in the end), flight booking to US student life living tips ARE ALL ON THIS THREAD. All you need on your own part is to read the thread well.

I think I've advised you enough as I would advise my own sister. Have a nice day.

Well Said BOSS!....... I really hope she puts this well composed write-up into FULL consideration.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:49am On Oct 11, 2013
conyema12:

Master imperioux pls i dey beg

Lol. No need to beg. They are all good schools. A friend of mine applied to University of Bridgeport for Fall 2014. Carry on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:52am On Oct 11, 2013
xandy84: can anybody please help me with TOEFL material... God bless e-mail xandy842002@yahoo.com

Send an empty email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll receive an email containing TOEFl download links.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Thanks Tochi. How you doing?

Nwanne a di m OK. Have a great day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Tochium: 11:53am On Oct 11, 2013
godG:

I find it hard to avoid hitting 'like' whenever Bigfrancis and Oga Imperiouxx make a post.
Love beings. Despite tight schedules, we never get tired. This house on the whole is an archetype of love in it's heavenly sense. Loving people. I still cant imagine someone offering to accommodate you despite the fact that u have never met before! Love in it's superlative sense. May we always walk tall. When we need the help of man, nations will rise to our aid. God bless us all.

Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Walspring:

Love you guys maturity... Keep it up...

Its takes a REAL man to behave the way they did.

I wish peeps from other threads would emulate such.

Humility n Maturity at its peak

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

That's a Long Process... Make eem US contact no go dump eem i-20 package inside Dustbin... I-20 package is a very VITAL document..

Let him Use TNT courier Plus Pick up service. They will go over to his school in the US and pick up the package and he will be able to track his package online on TNT's website. TNT is the cheapest..

They charge Just #12,260 for their Pick-up service and you get your package here within 4 working days...

Well it depend on how his US contact be? Am sure he will pick the best out of all what listed out here!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
fadinus:

Its takes a REAL man to behave the way they did.

I wish peeps from threads would emulate such.

Humility n Maturity at its peak

You are right and that part of what we need over here!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dmoney104(m): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
@amefrica paste me ur pin..pm

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
godG:

I find it hard to avoid hitting 'like' whenever Bigfrancis and Oga Imperiouxx make a post.
Love beings. Despite tight schedules, we never get tired. This house on the whole is an archetype of love in it's heavenly sense. Loving people. I still cant imagine someone offering to accommodate you despite the fact that u have never met before! Love in it's superlative sense. May we always walk tall. When we need the help of man, nations will rise to our aid. God bless us all.

Thanks friends. My schedule has never been so tight like this before in my life. I got 4 compulsory tasks to execute by deadline (first week of Dec) but I haven't even met 1 by now, cry despite the fact that I've been a workaholic throughout my studies cry cry cry

God - my trust!

In a time like this, paraphrasing some positive words in this song strengthen me

♫♪♫ Don't tell me I can't build Rome in a day just 'cause they couldn't do it....
So strong don't know how
Can't be torn down♫♪♫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1jiNnNBkr8

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
dmoney104: @amefrica paste me ur pin..pm

Bro, BIS don finish. Abi u wan sub for me grin No worry i go send am to you as soon as i sub. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
I received another I-20 via USPS/EMS this morning.. I need help and i want someone to please pm me or send lists of private organisations that offer scholarship to undergraduate international student. I need scholarship since my papa no be Dangote... LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
godG:

Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
Graviton: thanks....and actually it's "success in my SAT" I'll take that as a sign that I'm meant for greater things grin wink

Oops! My bad. Success in your SAT! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by princeRomeo(m): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dates available in lagos Nov 12,14 and 18th!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Graviton(m): 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Oops! My bad. Success in your SAT! cheesy
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by crespo67: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Success, bro. Your score isn't too bad, per se. If getting an assistantship is your greatest need, you might want to apply to less competitive schools. That way you stand a better chance of landing an admission + graduate assistantship.

Must it be a TA? How about RA? To land a research assistantship, you'll need to contact professors with similar research interests with you. Its a tactical game. Don't express your intent to be an RA in your first email or call to him. Many profs regard that as standoffish and that you're only interested in the financial benefits of it. Start first by talking about how you read several of his research works, how you liked it and how you can help him improve on some areas of it which you think needs a little touch up. Ehen! That shows a serious student, not some financial benefit hooker.grin He'll definitely reply you, appreciating your appraisals and asking you further questions concerning his research papers.
Of course, you'll need to do your own homework by downloading his research papers and reading them thoroughly to get acquainted with them. If there's space on his team, he'll definitely employ you.

If you wish to rewrite the GRE, I wish you utmost success. Cheers.
Bros Biggy...thanks somuch bro...really appreciate all d advice...I know my score aint that low though,as matter of fact,its actually above d average for University of Houston for my program,buh like I said,i aint sure its high enough for an assistantanship....since I plan going for spring 2015,i still av some time 2 retake the GRE...I knw assistantships are usually more difficult to get for the spring semester,so,i hope 2 be able 2 get an edge wiv d GRE score..As for applying for less competitive skuls...well,my major concern is wat d skul is offering in terms of my specific program and how good it is...but,then again,i also like the top notch teir1 skuls,especially doze in top 20...or at least top 50....big name counts too bro...I hope to retake the GRE by early next month....after which,i would start contacting the profs....thanks for ur kind advice bro...I wud sure make wise use of it....cheers man....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by crespo67: 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Thanks friends. My schedule has never been so tight like this before in my life. I got 4 compulsory tasks to execute by deadline (first week of Dec) but I haven't even met 1 by now, cry despite the fact that I've been a workaholic throughout my studies cry cry cry

God - my trust!

In a time like this, paraphrasing some positive words in this song strengthen me

♫♪♫ Don't tell me I can't build Rome in a day just 'cause they couldn't do it....
So strong don't know how
Can't be torn down♫♪♫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1jiNnNBkr8
Bros Imperiouxx.....God will definitely help you....for all d dedication u show here,ur magnanimous heart...It can never over you..u will meet all d deadlines way b4 time....buh,maybe its about time to cut down a little on d help here shea?....except u are the baba of multitasking...welldone bros...cheers....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 7:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
crespo67:
Bros Biggy...thanks somuch bro...really appreciate all d advice...I know my score aint that low though,as matter of fact,its actually above d average for University of Houston for my program,buh like I said,i aint sure its high enough for an assistantanship....since I plan going for spring 2015,i still av some time 2 retake the GRE...I knw assistantships are usually more difficult to get for the spring semester,so,i hope 2 be able 2 get an edge wiv d GRE score..As for applying for less competitive skuls...well,my major concern is wat d skul is offering in terms of my specific program and how good it is...but,then again,i also like the top notch teir1 skuls,especially doze in top 20...or at least top 50....big name counts too bro...I hope to retake the GRE by early next month....after which,i would start contacting the profs....thanks for ur kind advice bro...I wud sure make wise use of it....cheers man....
Am feeling you bro, keep it up wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Well Said BOSS!....... I really hope she puts this well composed write-up into FULL consideration.....
seriously I will put it into full consideration. smiley it is well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by crespo67: 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
kunlebal:
Am feeling you bro, keep it up wink
Thanks ooooo bros....na u dey show me road na...I just dey follow for back grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
kim k's girl:
seriously I will put it into full consideration. smiley it is well

You had better! undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
@dolapobello1

grin Ebi mi ko ooo. I just don't want her to fall prey..

The AGENT is ready to devour her.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
crespo67:
Bros Imperiouxx.....God will definitely help you....for all d dedication u show here,ur magnanimous heart...It can never over you..u will meet all d deadlines way b4 time....buh,maybe its about time to cut down a little on d help here shea?....except u are the baba of multitasking...welldone bros...cheers....

Thanks but US thread to me is like an addiction. Though, I'll assign little time for it but can't cut it off totally.

I know how I've been playing the game all along wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Thanks but US thread to me is like an addiction. Though, I'll assign little time for it but can't cut it off totally.

I know how I've been playing the game all along wink

The lord will double your strength on both sides!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hello. I wrote my TOEFL today. Didn't really prepare but I feel I did quite well. I pray so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Reincarnated(m): 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
sholay2011: Hello. I wrote my TOEFL today. Didn't really prepare but I feel I did quite well. I pray so.

Nobody fails Toefl believe me. You did good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sholay2011(m): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Reincarnated:

Nobody fails Toefl believe me. You did good
Lol.

But how you take get hia? angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Reincarnated(m): 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
sholay2011:
Lol.

But how you take get hia? angry

I was invited undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.