Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? (50322 Views)

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused / Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by metti(m): 4:36am On Mar 20, 2013
tongue :PWhat happened to all the millions he made as a footballer? Was he duped? Most of these footballers live extravagant lives, they don't plan for their future. One of them even bought a private jet! So how do you want us to help him? Donate our minimum wage? Nonsense.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 20, 2013
This is big lie.....
He might be in Financial difficulties but not looking for daily bread or 10 million naira.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by chizel: 4:40am On Mar 20, 2013
You are either stupid or mad by posting this trash,if he's broke let him go to where he take his birth and pick his cloths,when he was loaded how many Nigerians did he help,am broke too
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by metti(m): 4:41am On Mar 20, 2013
grin grin
ItsModella: duh!! I'm broke too and I need help. angry angry angry

who is Celestine Babayaro anyway?

Babayaro is a farmer in Yaro village, Kano.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Afam4eva(m): 4:56am On Mar 20, 2013
I don't think i'll have pity on any footballer that goes bankrupt because they're responsible for whatever they use their money for. I'll rather pity people who never had the opportunity to even get rich let alone get football rich. These are people that ordinarily would have wallowed in poverty if football did not come to the rescue. So, they should be very wise.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by wengerjay(m): 5:16am On Mar 20, 2013
The guy don spend all his life saving on ASEWO.Na so he was decamped the very last time he was supposed to play for naija.Make him go collect loan nw.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by mctons: 5:20am On Mar 20, 2013
joseph1013: Lend a helping hand for what? Did he give me any money while he was raking in tens of thousands of dollars weekly. He earned in a week what alot of nigerians will not earn in a lifetime? Why are we like this? Why do we have the mentality that someone else should take care of our shortcomings. Is it my fault that he failed to plan for retirement? Does he not know that he'd not play football forever? Pls and pls, nobody should disturb me o.
That is how some of these present players will come in the future and tell us they are bankrupt. If they like they should not invest the millions of naira and dollars they are earning now. All the gifts and cash being given to them should be judiciously used. A player's career is very short. Only a FOOL will not put that in perspective.
He is a womanizer nah. Has he married or still clubbing? If if you one dollar he will spend it on club elp my foot.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by CHIMSKY(m): 5:49am On Mar 20, 2013
palmasglobal: Just read it this morning on AIT That Celestine Babayaro is bankrupt, it touches me from my head to my feet. Please how do we revive this young man that sacrifice himself for the growth of this country, this young man that made this country proud in his days.

please advice on how to go about it. Thank you

It can happen to anybody, and we are ready to lend a hand.

advice please
You READ it on AIT?

2 Likes

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by myz(m): 5:52am On Mar 20, 2013
I nid to confirm frm my ogas @ d top first if wat am hearin is tru becos dis guy in question made alot of money durin his futbal dayz.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Atonto: 5:54am On Mar 20, 2013
Pleae, send your account number so dat we can all contribute our little quotas...after which u can ask Cele if he need d money or not...yeye. how person matter go become your own (Aproko).
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by bleufaucon: 5:56am On Mar 20, 2013
Stupid Nigerian news media that don't make verifications before reporting any news. News was on a british footballer who became broke,it was reported by the BBC;furthermore names of players with similar cases were mentioned and Babayaro's name came up and that of djemba djemba but here we are..follow follow country..babayaro is not begging anyone and still a FIFA ambassador for malaria awareness. Rubbish Nigerian media scoundrels.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by ayzero6487(m): 5:58am On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx: Lmao... The guy isn't bankrupt - he still cruises around London in big whips with one of my big naija uncles... Heck, he's now a top don hustling everywhere and getting paid on the low...#LowKey

He might not be as rich as he was when he played for Chelsea, but the doozy is still richer than at least 80% of Nigerians...

His lifestyle and women messed him up but he's still getting paid...

Big ups to the great Celestine Babayaro of Chelsea - I started supporting Chelsea in Sec. because of him, Tony Andre Flo, Ruud Gullit, Zola, Le Saux, Dan Petrescu, Chris Sutton, Jimmy Flyod Hasselbaink, Leboeuf etc... Then we later added Vialli, Didier Deschamps, George Weah, Marcel Desailly etc..

m.umu...wu ask u?
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Azeebi(m): 5:59am On Mar 20, 2013
These players were only lucky to have been selected. Please distinguish between opportunity to serve and serving without gains for serving sake...
I don't pity people like him who had billionaire breaking through chance were many were competing for and mismanaged the millions the got....
Many are roaming the streets after service, through other sectors without publicity....
Many sleep in deplorable place for reasons they do not imposed to themselves. Playing for Nigeria is a favour, not service... He got million of dolars and probably a billion naira from the gains of been selected.... When he was busy attending celebrity parties in Europe and America, and also making friend with the reckless Paul Gascoigne he should have known that was coming...
Many people think these celebrity life is something to hold on to, lie.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Sike(m): 6:06am On Mar 20, 2013
So what?! Nigeria herself is bankrupt.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by olushowunm(m): 6:10am On Mar 20, 2013
www.nairaland.com/607138/babayaro-declared-bankrupt-chased-creditors

All of us should read this and learn and not condemn him... Well, i use to tell people money is a process and not a means to an end! If you take a 21-yr old who never work for money and give him N150million, i'm very sure in one year if only he is conservative type, he have less than N10million in cash and stupid assests like cars, a mansion that still takes money away from him, and this is what happened to Babayaro... He got the money, but did not go through the process... His talents earn him a place in the rich people's world, but he did not go through the process...
Back to people talking about financial education/intelligence, thats not the issue at all.. Even best Investment Advisers don't have tangible thing for their old age, they have mutual funds, bonds, overpriced stocks and 501k to falback on retirement, and most of the time the stock market do crashes and they are wipe out like the clients they advised.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Gamji007: 6:13am On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx:

Smfdh.. Google which names??

I'm a life time Chelsea supporter - I was a Chelsea fan when we beat Barca 3-1 at Stanford bridge in the champions league quarter finals and lost to them at Nou Camp after Babayaro got sent off - with Luis Figo burying us... They won 5-1 or something...

Don't talk crap to me, mate... I don't do the bandwagon fvckery!!

I have been looking for the recorded copy of that match to watch. Abeg where did you buy yours?grin
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by olushowunm(m): 6:16am On Mar 20, 2013
According to Warren Buffet: "Its only in Wall street that people drives a Mercedes Benz to take financial advises from people that ride the sub-way to work."

According to Solomon, "a fool and his money shall soon part ways."

A word should be enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:19am On Mar 20, 2013
he probably slept with ogbanjes and mammy water -destiny destroyers, during d booming days.
guys beware of 'adunmadeeke'
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Reference(m): 6:22am On Mar 20, 2013
palmasglobal: Just read it this morning on AIT That Celestine Babayaro is bankrupt, it touches me from my head to my feet. Please how do we revive this young man that sacrifice himself for the growth of this country, this young man that made this country proud in his days.

advice please

Stop this talk. Celestine was once the poster boy for indulgence amongst so called foreign pros. You think we have short memories. He was warned, cautioned, advised, mocked, everything about his lavish lifestyle since his days at Chelsea. At Newcastle the problem only got worse. Its all documented. His bankruptcy is not today. He has been so upstairs for many years. Tommorrow people will call SOS for the 'bundle of skills' whose skills donot include keeping his wallet tight.

Let them be blowing it on big houses, Bentley's, booze and birds with their white team mates who don't have to contend with double digit inflation. At least Cele should be a citizen. Let him go and claim welfare and arrange a council flat.

2 Likes

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 20, 2013
[size=30pt]WHO IS CELESTINE BABAYARO?[/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by kablooee: 6:23am On Mar 20, 2013
Danger of gambling.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by kelahns: 6:25am On Mar 20, 2013
Celestine Babayaro might not be as rich as he was some years back,but he's definitely nt broke.He's a fifa agent and also run some biz and getting paid under G...
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by bibiking1(m): 6:34am On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx: Lmao... The guy isn't bankrupt - he still cruises around London in big whips with one of my big naija uncles... Heck, he's now a top don hustling everywhere and getting paid on the low...#LowKey

He might not be as rich as he was when he played for Chelsea, but the doozy is still richer than at least 80% of Nigerians...

Big ups to the great Celestine Babayaro of Chelsea - I started supporting Chelsea in Sec. because of him, Tony Andre Flo, Ruud Gullit, Zola, Le Saux, Dan Petrescu, Chris Sutton, Jimmy Flyod Hasselbaink, Leboeuf etc... Then we later added Vialli, Didier Deschamps, George Weah, Marcel Desailly etc..

Really you sure you were not supporting shooting stars of Ibadan Tony Andre Flo??
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by cisplatin: 6:36am On Mar 20, 2013
send me his atm pin, i can help. undecided
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Taeewo(m): 6:40am On Mar 20, 2013
quality01: Plz am equally bankrupt.I served diz country in 2009-2010(NYSC) and since den no job,no income.plz I need a helping hand.
i dey laugh
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Taeewo(m): 6:42am On Mar 20, 2013
lonelydora: I serve this country during my NYSC, and uptill today, they have not recognised me. I need a hand too.
photocopy is nt easy
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by ShaksBaba: 6:42am On Mar 20, 2013
Why do we always use successful people as role model and they get all the attention (while the failures are hardly spoken of)? we ask how they made it the secret behind their success stories...

Moving forward, its time we use failures too by asking them BABAYARO, how did you mess your life up. Am sure there is something we can learn

In this case they are bad models and you tell your self i dont want to be like him when i retire etc.

I also feel Babayaro will make megabucks by writing a book honestly about his the mistakes he made.

1 Like

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 20, 2013

Its Tore Andre Flo.. not Tony.

2 Likes

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by RisenSun(m): 6:45am On Mar 20, 2013
quality01: Plz am equally bankrupt.I served diz country in 2009-2010(NYSC) and since den no job,no income.plz I need a helping hand.

grin CLASSIC!!!
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by Stiv(m): 6:47am On Mar 20, 2013

advice please

I don't insult people but I wanted to make an exception for you. You dared to say he sacrificed himself for this country? Be careful! Super Eagles were paid for all the matches they played for Nigeria. This same Babayaro was expelled from Super Eagles camp in 2004 for going clubbing after we lost our opening match. This same Babayaro was known for excessive clubbing. This same Babayaro contributed nothing to sports development to this country. And you say we should lend him a hand. Are you a learner? Ara gba ndi ara o.

1 Like

Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by chucky234(m): 6:47am On Mar 20, 2013
pompori king:

Abeg jhor!!no dey form sey u sabi after you go google dose names
You probably started watching football yesterday that's why names like TA Flo,Le Saux,Dixon,Denins Wise,Desaily,Lebouf look strange to you when Shymexx mentioned Chelsea.
Re: Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? by deelobe: 6:50am On Mar 20, 2013
This guy made stupendous money. Why didn't he invest for the future? You can't give him money. The same. Thing will happen. You can only teach him to fish. What skills did he acquire apart from playing football. The questions have to be answered to help him..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Choirul Huda: Indonesian Goalkeeper Dies After Collision With Team-mate (Video) / King Kong Bundy Dies At 61 / Photos Of Ejue Juliet Ade, Ahmed Musa's Rumored Side Chic, He's About To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.