Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,190 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? (16389 Views)

6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity? / 5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by yommy2sure(m): 6:50am On Mar 20, 2013
The white man tells us u can talk to someone far away with a device, he shows us the device and heck we dey use am self.. But here its always 'it haPpened to my grandfather, I witnessed it yet no proof. when will be grow up abeg

5 Likes

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 20, 2013
great063: Fallacy.
Lol. Please how can somebody see a fallacy?
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 20, 2013
great063: Make una dey deceive una selves say una sabi stuff.Don't derail this thread...real spiritual phenomenon?or urban legend?No decisive reply,you check out or go create your topic...I wonder why simple things are so difficult for some Nigerians to comprehend.
we dey beef? If all this while you're yet to understand my stand, I can't dumb down anymore.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 20, 2013
Billyonaire: Yes, physical proof.
And there I was thinking science can't explain the spiritual. Let's go ahead. If scientific laws, which we know are physical, can hold for spiritual things, which are metaphysical, what then is the difference between the two?
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by dandollaz: 7:17am On Mar 20, 2013
All this John Thomas itz a real thing that I have witness until the guy voke it back.another miracle in salvation miracle too the rush to church and they pray b4 it came back
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by BlackPeni5: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Reyginus: And there I was thinking science can't explain the spiritual. Let's go ahead. If scientific laws, which we know are physical, can hold for spiritual things, which are metaphysical, what then is the difference between the two?

What are you talking about? Which scientific law is also applicable to the metaphysical?
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 20, 2013
Black Peni5:

What are you talking about? Which scientific law is also applicable to the metaphysical?
Lol. What have you been reading? Didn't you notice I'm quoting my great friend billyonaire?
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Solozzo(m): 7:50am On Mar 20, 2013
Reyginus: Whatever it is. I'm sure of what happened. Except you have an explanation for that.

Yes! It is a variant of a psychiatric disorder called KORO, classified under the category of culture bound syndromes in psychiatry. It is a form of anxiety related disorder common in East Asian countries and Africa. In the classical Asian form, the young man suffers sudden onset of anxious terror and a feeling of panic and fear that his penis is disappearing into his abdomen.. Family makes efforts to prevent this - tying it to a a stick or holding it in the mouth as they believe if it goes into the abdomen the person would die. In the African variant this is associated with anxiety and overvalued idea that the penis had shrunken/disappeared - under intense anxiety contraction of penis skin can give the false impression of reduced size.

The disorder is a complex of extreme anxiousness , panic attack embellished with overvalued ideas associated with cultural superstition. Common among poorly dedicated shy persons.

It can be treated with anxiety management, psychoeducation, culturally appropriate counselling without challenging cultural beliefs. With community education, the incidence can be reduced

1 Like

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by joshuaidibia(m): 7:53am On Mar 20, 2013
Nigerian oil vessels nd satalite dat got missn. A political phenomenon or juju

1 Like

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by chukwudaru(m): 8:00am On Mar 20, 2013
yes it happened in umunede, delta state where a man found out that after havin a hand shake with is friend started lookin 4 his joystick and he raised alarm quickly, people gathered and caught the man that did the magic and was handed over to the police.... Is real i was so suprised cos the the victim wa crying for help, he showed every body the prove that his joystick is not there anymore......fucking real and real....
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Heatblast(m): 8:01am On Mar 20, 2013
yommy2sure: The white man tells us u can talk to someone far away with a device, he shows us the device and heck we dey use am self.. But here its always 'it haPpened to my grandfather, I witnessed it yet no proof. when will be grow up abeg

Brilliant comment sir
The white man said they have a "device" that can make us fly, and they showed us, we see it almost everyday in the sky.

The African man said they have "juju" that can make people fly, till today, we are still looking for evidence of such(ordinary picture) other than 'them say'.

Believing things without factual evidence makes one an illitrate.

3 Likes

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by searay(m): 8:02am On Mar 20, 2013
I have witnessed one, a closer friend of mine. After serious beating by the police, the Hausa man(the accused) conjure the Joystick back. I saw a significant reduction in size.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by chuksme(m): 8:02am On Mar 20, 2013
It happens, I don't know why people argue blindly. This is a real fact and proof.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 20, 2013
chuksme: It happens, I don't know why people argue blindly. This is a real fact and proof.
argue blindly? Oya Where's the proof?
Don't tell me it happened to your friend/relative/village man alone o. Show us before and after photos or video evidence.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by deandavid(m): 8:15am On Mar 20, 2013
If u say, there is no God, then u r a fool. There are 2 sides of d coin, if u believe in love, then thr must b hate, light there is darkness, good there is evil, physical there is meta physical(spiritual). Then case close, use ur head.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Rooneyboy(m): 8:16am On Mar 20, 2013
agabasam: Sme ppl will call dissappearing a myth too.... Or flying by witches.... Educated whitewannabeeediotas

As in ennnn !

Their case don tire me .
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Abbey2sam(m): 8:33am On Mar 20, 2013
Maybe you guys need to come to the north,
The place will not be totally empty but your dick will become very small,

In the case of girls, it will become very old,like a very old woman,s vigina.

All this tinz happen, believe it or not
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2013
Solozzo:

Yes! It is a variant of a psychiatric disorder called KORO, classified under the category of culture bound syndromes in psychiatry. It is a form of anxiety related disorder common in East Asian countries and Africa. In the classical Asian form, the young man suffers sudden onset of anxious terror and a feeling of panic and fear that his penis is disappearing into his abdomen.. Family makes efforts to prevent this - tying it to a a stick or holding it in the mouth as they believe if it goes into the abdomen the person would die. In the African variant this is associated with anxiety and overvalued idea that the penis had shrunken/disappeared - under intense anxiety contraction of penis skin can give the false impression of reduced size.

The disorder is a complex of extreme anxiousness , panic attack embellished with overvalued ideas associated with cultural superstition. Common among poorly dedicated shy persons.

It can be treated with anxiety management, psychoeducation, culturally appropriate counselling without challenging cultural beliefs. With community education, the incidence can be reduced
I don't understand. To start with, can KORO be induced?
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Pelummy(f): 8:46am On Mar 20, 2013
Very funny thread........
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by gerald09(m): 9:02am On Mar 20, 2013
If dis crap is true dis dudes will make a killer loads of money in d sex change industry.

1 Like

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by jadakiss213(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2013
Billyonaire: That is a false excuse. There is no psychic or scientific possibility of such occurrence. I should have been the first to know.
oh,cos ure not the first to know,then its impossible shey? that was Lame.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by wiegraf: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
Na wa. Not sure who to blame. On the one side we have the hated, opportunistic oyinbo who's computing devices we're currently using. On the other we have our learned, wise, rational ancestors who went off in the thousands to fight a few hundred white devils, pitting their juju against the simple science of the oyinbo gun and, rather importantly, common sense. Then of course duly getting enslaved. I'd like to blame it all on the oyinbo devil but it seems we were foo.lish before our misadventures with them and, despite slavery ending a while back, remain so.

First 'pipis disappear', after some questioning it's now 'they grow smaller'. Koro has been pointed out already yet we still get 'it happens'. There's man-goat, yam-men, man-motorcycle, spiritual shields to guide against bullets (why don't y'all test them out?), etc etc. All without a single shred of evidence (hearsay does not qualify, I hope y'all know that?). Let me explain why these things work only in Africa. They do so because you, yes you, are so unbelievably foo.lish you actually believe this stuff.

And a man may have gotten his fingers cut off over this. Quite possibly people have died, reputations/lives lost, etc.

god save us, god save us all....dohohohohoho I'm done now..

PS, look at japan if you want to see it being done right. Taking what's useful from the white man while maintaining your own cultural identity, not this rank foo.lish, hypocritical (most of you even subscribe to their religions...their unverified claims...let alone the verified ones...kayi) 'oyinbo mans ways are wrong' nonsense.

9 Likes

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by scampy(m): 10:26am On Mar 20, 2013
Billyonaire: Its possible for the whole body to be transfigured to dimension beyond the third making one to totally disappear but not possible to make just a part of the body disappear.

HOGWASH
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by chuksmad(m): 10:33am On Mar 20, 2013
wiegraf:

This is what simple googles do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koro_%28medicine%29

http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/buried-penis/

You don't seem to have been involved in that nonsense of cutting off a man's fingers, but let me make it clear that if indeed that really took place, all involved need to be locked up, the keys thrown away and forgotten for good. That sort of behavior is undoubtedly cancer of the purest quality possible, demonstrating how someone could think diarrhea has more value than 9ja. Believing is not compulsory but true story or not, I hope you know how foo.lish behavior of that sort is, yes?

Btw, why don't any of you ever take pictures? Heck, even get nta involved. They put goatmen/tubermen on tv, why not pipi-less men as well? You know, preferably one that's been verified by doctors around? Even a corpse would do, actually.

Thank you for this information. You are well informed
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by onnairaland(f): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2013
Reyginus: This one is more than belief for me. Witnessed it, happened to a pseudo-friend of mine. Except you have an explanation for it.

Come o, so its real?
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Justice42003: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2013
brokoto: argue blindly? Oya Where's the proof?
Don't tell me it happened to your friend/relative/village man alone o. Show us before and after photos or video evidence.
proof or no proof,u dont need a proof 2 believe.
I saw it live n direct at ketu a year ago at d back of tipper garage bus-stop,a working class guy was in a bus going 2 work around 7 am,when an alhaja sitting beside him purposely touched his jt. D guy felt dat sometin has gone out of him.at dat moment d alhaja requested 2 highlight at d bus -stop, d guy held d woman back n started screaming 4 help,people gathered includind me, and d guy removed his trouser 2 comfirm what has befalling him,alas it was true d tin has shrinked 2 d size of a one year old baby.2 b honest 2 u i dont believe in voodoos or miracles, but this has made me 2 think twice.d case was reffered 2 d oba palace in ketu along adisa akintoye str.some people at d crowd recognise d woman as they say she runs a food canteen at ojota new garage.ever since if am walking in a crowded places like bus-stops or markets i always crosscheck my jt if its still there.(and it has became a part of my hobby). I knw u ll quote me on this last line.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by osifred(m): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2013
Cos it was said by an african in africa is now an urban legend. If the whitemen have told us so we would have belived without asking for picture or youtube video.

Have you seen a picture of an angel or a or a youtube video of one?

Some event contravene science and logical thinking.

@ op have not see this scenario play out but I believe it is 100 percent possible whether by hook or crook. Anything and everything is possible
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by MacDaddy01: 11:00am On Mar 20, 2013
Justice42003:
proof or no proof,u dont need a proof 2 believe.
I saw it live n direct at ketu a year ago at d back of tipper garage bus-stop,a working class guy was in a bus going 2 work around 7 am,when an alhaja sitting beside him purposely touched his jt. D guy felt dat sometin has gone out of him.at dat moment d alhaja requested 2 highlight at d bus -stop, d guy held d woman back n started screaming 4 help,people gathered includind me, and d guy removed his trouser 2 comfirm what has befalling him,alas it was true d tin has shrinked 2 d size of a one year old baby.2 b honest 2 u i dont believe in voodoos or miracles, but this has made me 2 think twice.d case was reffered 2 d oba palace in ketu along adisa akintoye str.some people at d crowd recognise d woman as they say she runs a food canteen at ojota new garage.ever since if am walking in a crowded places like bus-stops or markets i always crosscheck my jt if its still there.(and it has became a part of my hobby). I knw u ll quote me on this last line.

lmao but you didnt see the guys joystick na!
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by dubem3(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2013
i cant say for sure. But i've in a place where someone's penis was said to have been snatched. i couldn't get close cos i didn't like the crowd. they gave chase and i think the guy was caught. thats the much i know.but if ur conversant with black magic and what it can do, my brother, you won't doubt it.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by MacDaddy01: 11:07am On Mar 20, 2013
dubem3: i cant say for sure. But i've in a place where someone's penis was said to have been snatched. i couldn't get close cos i didn't like the crowd. they gave chase and i think the guy was caught. thats the much i know.but if ur conversant with black magic and what it can do, my brother, you won't doubt it.

lolz.....

Fear has become the language of the average nigerian
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by dubem3(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2013
MacDaddy01:
lolz.....
Fear has become the language of the average nigerian

am a very practical person
if you are within the country,
i could introduce you to people that can educate u further.
no need for plenty talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Reveals Nigeria's Crisis Will End Soon / Is Speaking In Tongues Trainable Or A Gift? / Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.