Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? (16547 Views)

6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity? / 5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by dubem3(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2013
why are u so quick to curse.
science borders on empiricism
i just offered you the key
and all i see is you scampering away while cursing.
smh
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by MacDaddy01: 11:51am On Mar 20, 2013
dubem3:
why are u so quick to curse.
science borders on empiricism
i just offered you the key
and all i see is you scampering away while cursing.
smh

carrying me to meet someone to tell me a story about shrinking manhood is not empiricism.

mtchew
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by sweetgala(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
You people no go wunjure young man this morning. I don see cores and pipi..
Who wan come thief my poli dem dey craze. grin
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by dubem3(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
MacDaddy01:
carrying me to meet someone to tell me a story about shrinking manhood is not empiricism.
mtchew

i already told you.
so if am directing you elsewhere,
its practicals
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by tintingz(m): 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
Justice42003:
proof or no proof,u dont need a proof 2 believe.
I saw it live n direct at ketu a year ago at d back of tipper garage bus-stop,a working class guy was in a bus going 2 work around 7 am,when an alhaja sitting beside him purposely touched his jt. D guy felt dat sometin has gone out of him.at dat moment d alhaja requested 2 highlight at d bus -stop, d guy held d woman back n started screaming 4 help,people gathered includind me, and d guy removed his trouser 2 comfirm what has befalling him,alas it was true d tin has shrinked 2 d size of a one year old baby.2 b honest 2 u i dont believe in voodoos or miracles, but this has made me 2 think twice.d case was reffered 2 d oba palace in ketu along adisa akintoye str.some people at d crowd recognise d woman as they say she runs a food canteen at ojota new garage.ever since if am walking in a crowded places like bus-stops or markets i always crosscheck my jt if its still there.(and it has became a part of my hobby). I knw u ll quote me on this last line.
i also heard this the day i was in ketu...
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
Him don become Transformers na, dis 1 no b pronlem na, na autobot b dat na
mazaje:

NTA used to report about people turning into tubers of yam when we were kids. . .Vanguard news paper reported that a guy turned into a motor bike as of 2011. . .The Nigerian news outlets are all filled with myth believing reporters that keep on bandying nonsense and outright stupidity. . .
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Klinee: 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
It happen now.people who do homosexual just 2 collect other persons male organ for ritual purposes.dat y u hear stories of richmen indulging in homosexual activits.if u allow d person 2 perform d act on u,sure believe me dat u can never make a woman pregnant again.unles through divine intervention

1 Like

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by nwgoziri(m): 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Reyginus: Muskeeto, you should have been around suleja niger state, Feb 2012. A trial would have convinced you.
u r right....i was in town dat day,dnt mind dos doubtin,until dia own get missin thy wil neva agree.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by pappilo(m): 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Abbey2sam: Maybe you guys need to come to the north,
The place will not be totally empty but your dick will become very small,

In the case of girls, it will become very old,like a very old woman,s vigina.

All this tinz happen, believe it or not

This guy.... How u sabi how old mama tonto resemble? Abi u dey sample some pensioners for ya hood?

I dont beleive in this disappearing kporonski of a thing but I know there is juju. I have been hypnotised before and Those magicians at Bar beach aint playing (no 3diot should tell me its a trick)
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by JMystique(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Too much whitewannabe clowns in nairaland,u don't believe in black magic why don't u look 4 a babalawo,slap him and destroy his shrine video it and come and tell us,or try spending the night in a graveyard or mortuary all night since ghosts and witches don't exist.The annoying thing is the whit poEpl they r trying so hard to emulate actually secretly believe these things
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by MacDaddy01: 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
J-Mystique:
Too much whitewannabe clowns in nairaland,u don't believe in black magic why don't u look 4 a babalawo,slap him and destroy his shrine video it and come and tell us,or try spending the night in a graveyard or mortuary all night since ghosts and witches don't exist.The annoying thing is the whit poEpl they r trying so hard to emulate actually secretly believe these things

So not believing in magic is now a white thing?

You are as silly as they come. Keep living in fear of things that do not exist. There are many people who live near graveyards- about 3 blocks away. Nothing, no scary tales.

2 Likes

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by JMystique(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Yeah it is,bt since u aren't white(unfortunately) I cud put it down to just being delusional.If white folks tell u about little green men flying around in saucers abducting people dudes lyk u will never put down to ignarance or backwardness or'living in fear'as u call it,but am pretty sure if it was nigerians that produced movies lyk The excorcist,paranormal activity or any of the 'based on a true story' folklore dts exactly what you'll attribute it to.Look it up,most of the books on spirituality,voodoo and black magic r written by whites.I haven't seen anything concerning all the d**ck poaching or juju either doesn't mean I'll call it bullshit.Even the FBI got a fucking Paranormal Department filled with psychic detectives and the lyk,while d enlightened folks keep thinking africans. are backward for believing the same thing,though exaggerated
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by MacDaddy01: 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
J-Mystique:
Yeah it is,bt since u aren't white(unfortunately) I cud put it down to just being delusional.If white folks tell u about little green men flying around in saucers abducting people dudes lyk u will never put down to ignarance or backwardness or'living in fear'as u call it,but am pretty sure if it was nigerians that produced movies lyk The excorcist,paranormal activity or any of the 'based on a true story' folklore dts exactly what you'll attribute it to.Look it up,most of the books on spirituality,voodoo and black magic r written by whites.I haven't seen anything concerning all the d**ck poaching or juju either doesn't mean I'll call it bullshit.Even the FBI got a fucking Paranormal Department filled with psychic detectives and the lyk,while d enlightened folks keep thinking africans. are backward for believing the same thing,though exaggerated

BS....

There are white people who believe in exorcism, it is foolish whether a white or black man believes it
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by JMystique(m): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
MacDaddy01:

BS....

There are white people who believe in exorcism, it is foolish whether a white or black man believes it

Oh do they?Yet somehow nigerians believing believing black magic can be used for dick lifting is backward yes?
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Akaraiwe(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
It's a very efficient format to make money.
The scammers watch and see a potential victim in a crowded market place. They try and make body contact with him. Then one rushes aggressively at him,screaming about his missing manhood. Now the sympathizing crowd surrounds the victim(supposed ritualist) screaming and he could unfortunately be robbed an lynched.
Plan B is they work with the police at the nearest station,the man is arrested and the police "do their thing" and give the boys their share...

4 Likes

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
J-Mystique:
@bolded, I have a chilhood friend whose family house shares a wooden rickety fence with a public graveyard. From when we were kids we usually played on the graveyards, both during the day and night. We never for one day had any reason to fear. I think its partly because his mum didn't bother telling us any scary stories. All this shitty stories here are mostly hearsay and inculcated fear from childhood.
Humans are generally superstitious and will believe whatever tickles their fancy.

3 Likes

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by wiegraf: 10:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
J-Mystique:

nigerians believing believing black magic can be used for dick lifting is backward yes?

Yes.

To give you a sense of scale, anyone, not just nigerians and especially after reading through a thread like this one, still believing in pipi lifting should be on animal planet.

But I would add particularly nigerians or anyone from cultures where these eediocy persists. Why? Here's a quote from a silly oyinbo

einstein:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Your juju has failed you, repeatedly, through history yet here you are again. But please do feel free to equate having a brain to wanting to be oyinbo

On another note, you're probably judeo-xtian sef, accepting oyinbo man's unverified claims (which they themselves don't cherish anywhere near as much as we do these days). I thought judeo-xtian beliefs were incompatible with juju, or do you believe in pagan gods as well? If you don't, then what are the gods of your forefathers? Mere spirits? Demons? No, evil spirits then? Well, at least I hope you can afford them the courtesy of perhaps being fallen angels or some other highly ranked jazz, no? Ah, I see. They have the distinction of being the much more respectable and distinguished pipi-thieves. What are they going to do with all those pipis sef, perhaps you can tell me?

You pipi all over the memory of your forefathers, their very beliefs, because of unverified claims in some oyinbo story books, then you look others in the eye and claim they want to be oyinbo?

God has blessed us well well

2 Likes

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
never_say_never: Sounds strange. Just wondering if the díck'll disappear, reduce or be like...paralysed. Reduction makes a bit of sense, the victim must've inhaled/ate something, but disappearance? Nah nah, i don't buy that.
never say never is another way of sayin' dt almost nurrin' is impossible. because u havn't seen it does nt mk it imposible.WOrd!!!
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
Billyonaire: Its possible for the whole body to be transfigured to dimension beyond the third making one to totally disappear but not possible to make just a part of the body disappear.
i smell delusion and hallucination; primary symptoms of schizo.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by JMystique(m): 12:05am On Mar 21, 2013
wiegraf:

Yes.

To give you a sense of scale, anyone, not just nigerians and especially after reading through a thread like this one, still believing in pipi lifting should be on animal planet.

But I would add particularly nigerians or anyone from cultures where these eediocy persists. Why? Here's a quote from a silly oyinbo

Your juju has failed you, repeatedly, through history yet here you are again. But please do feel free to equate having a brain to wanting to be oyinbo

On another note, you're probably judeo-xtian sef, accepting oyinbo man's unverified claims (which they themselves don't cherish anywhere near as much as we do these days). I thought judeo-xtian beliefs were incompatible with juju, or do you believe in pagan gods as well? If you don't, then what are the gods of your forefathers? Mere spirits? Demons? No, evil spirits then? Well, at least I hope you can afford them the courtesy of perhaps being fallen angels or some other highly ranked jazz, no? Ah, I see. They have the distinction of being the much more respectable and distinguished pipi-thieves. What are they going to do with all those pipis sef, perhaps you can tell me?

You pipi all over the memory of your forefathers, their very beliefs, because of unverified claims in some oyinbo story books, then you look others in the eye and claim they want to be oyinbo?

God has blessed us well well

To be honest I don't even know what ur on about and can't bother myself trying to make sense out of all d jargon u typed.Every culture has their beliefs and superstitions,I get pissed off when some nigerians in their bid to appear 'enlightened' or 'westernised' label theirs as archaic,barbaric or backward while swallowing everything foreign hook,line and sinker.Its jst self demeaning and stinks of inferiority.Believe in bigfoot or whatever the hell u want,jst don't label others as being stupid for having their own beliefs,you guys remind me of the Samuel L Jackson character in d Django movie

Looks like nairaland for you is a place where u come to seek relevance in your pathetic life,you had to cook up stories about smtn I said to make a simple pts,I haven't even mentioned the word xtianity,spirits,demons,or forefathers but seems ur bent on using imaginary instances of things I said,knock yourself out.I've given u more attention than u deserve already,so u can take ur time to come up wit anoda story...I won't bite
Note: I didn't resort to insults or name calling to make a simple pt,I think its backward,lame,and a way 4 mediocre ppl to sound sensible.Thank you
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 21, 2013
onnairaland:

Come o, so its real?
Seeing is believing.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by wiegraf: 1:57am On Mar 21, 2013
J-Mystique:

To be honest I don't even know what ur on about and can't bother myself trying to make sense out of all d jargon u typed.Every culture has their beliefs and superstitions,I get pissed off when some nigerians in their bid to appear 'enlightened' or 'westernised' label theirs as archaic,barbaric or backward while swallowing everything foreign hook,line and sinker.Its jst self demeaning and stinks of inferiority.Believe in bigfoot or whatever the hell u want,jst don't label others as being stupid for having their own beliefs,you guys remind me of the Samuel L Jackson character in d Django movie

I don't think I could have been clearer. Then again, you seem to be a little stoopid. Equating simple common sense to oyinbo, or being 'enlightened', 'westernized', etc. I suppose black man is not allowed or able to think critically, abi? We're incapable of using common sense?

You claim people accept whatever the white man tells them, after I just took some time out to explain that you accept your white slave master's gods as superior on faith (not even evidence) while claiming your forefathers gods/spirits/whatever are out there stealing pipis.

You may wonder why I'm a little hard on eediots like you, it's because despite of the very real harm inflicted on people because of your incredible foo.lishness, you persist. There's not much of a difference between your mentality and that of people who chase children out of their houses because they are 'witches'. Only difference here being the victims are usually adults. You deserve more than just some random guy mocking you online, but that's just my opinion

Btw, do you mean the head-house slave, this guy?

https://www.nairaland.com/1161176/django-unchained-world-war-three#14792346

edits

1 Like

Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by ewet: 2:35am On Mar 21, 2013
It's urban legend for me!lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by massiveprofits1(m): 4:20am On Mar 21, 2013
musKeeto: Heard about this a lot in Nigeria. I remain a skeptic until mine gets missing.. grin
Can't believe the Europeans used to believe this some time back too..

Link: Here

Elaborate greetings are the norm, I’ve found, when one enters a Central African village. So it was a surprise when I noticed that many people weren’t shaking hands the morning I arrived in Tiringoulou, a town of about 2,000 people in one of the remotest corners of the Central African Republic, in March 2010. I soon found out the reason: the day before, a traveler passing through town on a Sudanese merchant truck had, with a simple handshake, removed two men’s joysticks.

As best I could reconstruct from witness accounts, the stranger had stopped to purchase a cup of tea at the market. After handing over his money, he clasped the vendor’s hand. The tea seller felt an electric tingling course through his body and immediately sensed that his penis had shrunk to a size smaller than that of a baby’s. His yells quickly drew a crowd. Somehow in the fray a second man fell victim as well.

Hearing all this, I was less shocked than intrigued. As an anthropologist who studies the region, I was familiar with the problem of penis snatching. What surprised me was that the phenomenon—or, depending on your perspective, the rumor—had made it as far as Tiringoulou.

Reports of genital theft have spread like an epidemic across West and Central Africa over the past two decades, in tandem with what appears to be a general resurgence of witchcraft on the continent. Anthropologists have explained this rise as a response to an increasingly mystifying and capricious global economy.Which is to say that when the workings of capital are as genuinely obscure as they are in today’s Africa, proceeding behind a veil of complexity and corruption, rumors of “occult economies”—often involving a trade in human organs—offer a less mystifying explanation for the radical disparities in wealth on display.

That said, genital theft is neither new nor confined to Africa. Similar panics afflicted Central Europe in the 15th and 16th centuries. (Malleus Maleficarum, a book-length jeremiad against the dangers of witchcraft from 1486, includes a discussion of sorceresses who “take away male members” and keep them in birds’ nests.) And in 1967, an outbreak of koro—the belief that the penis is retracting into the body—overwhelmed hospitals in Singapore.

In Africa today, scholars who study penis snatching understand it mainly as an urban phenomenon—an extreme expression of the anxieties that pervade a city when villagers become urbanites en masse, living among throngs of unfamiliar people. That’s because most cases have been reported in crowded spots like Lagos, in Nigeria, and Douala, in Cameroon. But here I was in Tiringoulou—a dusty, peanut-growing hamlet so small and poor it barely has a market. If penis snatching had previously been a city dweller’s fear, now it seemed that not even the remotest places would be spared.
But spared from what, exactly?...

Continued in link..

So has anyone experienced this or ever met a victim? What happens to his 'location' when his joystick gets missing? Is there a hole there? blood? miracle skin?
But do you know that you can still increase the size of your joystick? Here is how to do it http://massiveprofitvault.com/joystick.zip
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Solozzo(m): 5:12am On Mar 27, 2013
Reyginus: I don't understand. To start with, can KORO be induced?

It is usually induced by a complex combination of anxiousness, panic, stress and superstitious magical belief
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 27, 2013
Solozzo:

It is usually induced by a complex combination of anxiousness, panic, stress and superstitious magical belief
I still don't get. You know, when you combine all of them like this you're not really saying a thing. Be specific.
Re: Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Crazy first page. ;DIII

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? / Holy Apostles Church Members Protest Against Closure Of Their Church By Police / Primate Ayodele 2024 Prophecies: Assassination Attempts On Presidents, Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.