Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba (28908 Views)

Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo) / Girl Killed In Aba Yesterday During The Search For IPOB Members / Femi Adesina's Sister Dies In Auto Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by ichidodo: 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
biolabee: I have a question though.. in addition to the fact that the child was in the front seat, will a seat belt have helped to minimise the impact
This applies to adult too
The seat belt would have minimised the impact considering if she was even strapped at all by the negligent mum.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Decapo: 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
RIP LITTLE GIRL cry
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
EKONGKING:

If there are 4 children . where the hell is mother supposed to keep the children except in front seat especially in a saloon car.

typical nigerian response

the same mentaility of danfo and truck drivers
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by vanstanzy(m): 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
RIP to the lil' angel. God Almighty grant her family strenght to bear the loss, Amen. embarassed embarassed embarassed
What a rare gem! embarassed
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by stagger: 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
Some women carry their kids on their laps while driving, with the kids facing them and backing the steering. Is that not an invitation to disaster?
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by eastOFwest(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
Morayo747: Just last week I severely warned my wife never ever again to ever put my daughter in the front passenger seat precisely because of this airbag issue. This can happen to anyone . RIP to the little girl.

I spoke to my wife about it this morning regarding my 8yr old and she was telling me that it was about height. I've just sent the link of this thread to her.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by jude33084(m): 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
Morayo747: Just last week I severely warned my wife never ever again to ever put my daughter in the front passenger seat precisely because of this airbag issue. This can happen to anyone . RIP to the little girl.

So it is now airbag that kills not car accident undecided
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by jude33084(m): 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
eastOFwest:

I spoke to my wife about it this morning regarding my 8yr old and she was telling me that it was about height. I've just sent the link of this thread to her.

Sorry guy your woman is careless to say the least undecided

Kills are put at back seats with their seat belt.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by naptu2: 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
[size=14pt]Why we support road safety campaigns –Students[/size]

MOJEED ALABI 03/05/2012 07:15:00

Half of the world’s estimated seven billion population is said to be non-adults, and sociologists have categorised them as effective change agents. Hence, the Wellspring College’s decision to launch a Junior Road Safety Club for its pupils to step up campaigns for full compliance of road traffic rules. MOJEED ALABI reports.

In a novel way of demonstrating their basic understanding of road traffic regulations, the drama group of the Road Safety Club had presented dramatic plays before an audience that witnessed its official inauguration. The more captivating aspect was a one-on-one interview presentation where a teenage girl presenter asked her guest, series of traffic related questions.

In what the immediate past Lagos State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr. Jonas Agwu described as didactic and inspiring, the student reeled out usual causes of auto accidents, including over-speeding, non-use of seat belts, drinking of alcohol before driving, overloading, keeping below 12-year-old kids in front of cars and making phone calls, while driving, among several others.

They also interpreted about 10 road signs and signals, which explained situations like narrow bridge ahead, roundabout, children crossing, turning not permitted, and tutored the spectators on other areas like speed limit, air bag use, sitting arrangement for types of vehicles and other important information necessary for road users and particularly drivers.

“I am sure if as adults we are given two days to memorise what this kid has just effortlessly discussed here we would find it very difficult to do. I am not just surprised but dazzled by the quality of the presentation and the message ingrained,” Agwu commented.

Speaking further on the importance of co-opting teenagers in the campaign against traffic rules abuse, Agwu explained that innocent children usually fall victims of excesses of parents “and if these children can differentiate between rights and wrongs they can influence their parents.”

He narrated a ugly scene he witnessed earlier same day where a young family man with two kids of about three to seven year-olds drove against traffic along Ketu road. “The younger kid was seated between his laps while the other was sitting on the passenger’s seat beside him. When we stopped him, he said the baby had been crying ceaselessly. I only told him what my mother used to tell me that ‘tears don’t kill babies.’ Would it not be worse if he should lose the two innocent kids to an avoidable accident?” he said rhetorically.

Also speaking on the importance of securing a child was the Chief of Staff, 9th Mechanised Brigade, Ikeja Military Cantonment, Colonel Ginikanwa Nwosu, who emphasised the importance of educating children as a form of security measure.

The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) was represented by Mrs. Seriki Omowumi, who discussed how the agency has contributed immensely to the ongoing traffic control transformation in the state.

The school proprietor and the principal, Mr. Daniel Isimoya and Mrs. Oluwayemisi Oloriade, respectively, expressed their satisfaction at the success recorded during the programme. While appreciating the partnership enjoyed from the road traffic officials, including the Vehicle Inspection Office of the state’s Ministry of Transport and the Kick Against Indiscipline agency, they said the step was in line with the school’s vision of building total students, who would contribute to the rebuilding of the nation.

To ensure that the club lives up to expectation, the management promised it would ensure regular meetings, discussions and workshops for the members while it would also constantly hold public campaigns.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/education/38859.html

1 Like

Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by vanstanzy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
Funny enough most, if not all, of the people here blaming the parents 4 seat belt negligence, do even worse. sad sad

Well this is just 1 of the lessons we ought to learn 4rm and hope we actually take a cue from it. sad
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by jude33084(m): 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
stagger: Some women carry their kids on their laps while driving, with the kids facing them and backing the steering. Is that not an invitation to disaster?

If tell them about it they will tell you accident is not their portion cheesy

Yeye people angry
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by firstolalekan(m): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
[size=16pt]R.I.P!!! BUT THE CHILDREN ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO SEAT IN THE FRONT SIT - MISTAKE OR DESTINY. ANYWAY, IT SHOWS THAT THE AIRBAG DOES WORK.[/size]
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by biolabee(m): 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
ichidodo: The seat belt would have minimised the impact considering if she was even strapped at all by the negligent mum.

Thanks, this was the first thing that came to my mind
SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by dramendra: 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
R.I.P
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by biolabee(m): 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
naptu2: [size=14pt]Why we support road safety campaigns –Students[/size]

MOJEED ALABI 03/05/2012 07:15:00

Half of the world’s estimated seven billion population is said to be non-adults, and sociologists have categorised them as effective change agents. Hence, the Wellspring College’s decision to launch a Junior Road Safety Club for its pupils to step up campaigns for full compliance of road traffic rules. MOJEED ALABI reports.

In a novel way of demonstrating their basic understanding of road traffic regulations, the drama group of the Road Safety Club had presented dramatic plays before an audience that witnessed its official inauguration. The more captivating aspect was a one-on-one interview presentation where a teenage girl presenter asked her guest, series of traffic related questions.

In what the immediate past Lagos State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr. Jonas Agwu described as didactic and inspiring, the student reeled out usual causes of auto accidents, including over-speeding, non-use of seat belts, drinking of alcohol before driving, overloading, keeping below 12-year-old kids in front of cars and making phone calls, while driving, among several others.

They also interpreted about 10 road signs and signals, which explained situations like narrow bridge ahead, roundabout, children crossing, turning not permitted, and tutored the spectators on other areas like speed limit, air bag use, sitting arrangement for types of vehicles and other important information necessary for road users and particularly drivers.

“I am sure if as adults we are given two days to memorise what this kid has just effortlessly discussed here we would find it very difficult to do. I am not just surprised but dazzled by the quality of the presentation and the message ingrained,” Agwu commented.

Speaking further on the importance of co-opting teenagers in the campaign against traffic rules abuse, Agwu explained that innocent children usually fall victims of excesses of parents “and if these children can differentiate between rights and wrongs they can influence their parents.”

He narrated a ugly scene he witnessed earlier same day where a young family man with two kids of about three to seven year-olds drove against traffic along Ketu road. “The younger kid was seated between his laps while the other was sitting on the passenger’s seat beside him. When we stopped him, he said the baby had been crying ceaselessly. I only told him what my mother used to tell me that ‘tears don’t kill babies.’ Would it not be worse if he should lose the two innocent kids to an avoidable accident?” he said rhetorically.

Also speaking on the importance of securing a child was the Chief of Staff, 9th Mechanised Brigade, Ikeja Military Cantonment, Colonel Ginikanwa Nwosu, who emphasised the importance of educating children as a form of security measure.

The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) was represented by Mrs. Seriki Omowumi, who discussed how the agency has contributed immensely to the ongoing traffic control transformation in the state.

The school proprietor and the principal, Mr. Daniel Isimoya and Mrs. Oluwayemisi Oloriade, respectively, expressed their satisfaction at the success recorded during the programme. While appreciating the partnership enjoyed from the road traffic officials, including the Vehicle Inspection Office of the state’s Ministry of Transport and the Kick Against Indiscipline agency, they said the step was in line with the school’s vision of building total students, who would contribute to the rebuilding of the nation.

To ensure that the club lives up to expectation, the management promised it would ensure regular meetings, discussions and workshops for the members while it would also constantly hold public campaigns.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/education/38859.html

Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by biolabee(m): 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
jude33084:

If tell them about it they will tell you accident is not their portion cheesy

Yeye people angry

It is only children of the devil that have accidents.... dont anger them o tongue
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by OOLUSOGA(m): 9:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
May her gentle soul rest in peace little girl. condolence to the family n friends
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by ichidodo: 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
biolabee:

Thanks, this was the first thing that came to my mind
SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES
So we now strap our kids to save them from the air-bags. How ironic.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by somebody(f): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
Not sure why no one has said this but you can put an infant in the front seat but turn off the air bag. At least, that is the warning I've seen in my own car.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by rill: 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
An air bag normally pushes out rapidly with a lot of force. D whole tin occuring rapidly coupled wt d force of ejection of d airbag must av caused her death. I rily dnt see hw wearing a seat belt wud have helped in dis case.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by biolabee(m): 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
ichidodo: So we now strap our kids to save them from the air-bags. How ironic.

Nope the kid should have been at the back..im just saying impact may have been more manageable if she was strapped in (at least for an adult) because from what i hear adults can also be injured
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
jude33084:

So it is now airbag that kills not car accident undecided
Yes, that is why it is advised that children less than 12 years should not sit in the front because the air bag can kill them when inflated.

The young girl wouldn't have died if she was sitting at the back.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by ichidodo: 9:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
biolabee:

Nope the kid should have been at the back..im just saying impact may have been more manageable if she was strapped in (at least for an adult) because from what i hear adults can also be injured
Either way she has got to be strapped properly, there are also dangers at the back seat most people are not aware of. U think if u tuck ure kid at the back that all will be well?
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by ige99: 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
Little angel RIP
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by neksummi(m): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
RIP in peace little girl. Hope parents learn from this. Tje kids should be at the back seat.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by gogodaye(m): 9:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Keep wondering why ignorant 'certificated' adults in naija in their quest to show off would prefer to be seen proudly doing dangerous stuff likely to endanger the lives of the veruy kids they should be out protecting. And we have in return are such probable outcomes such as these. Hope we all learn a thing or two to avert future occurrences.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Bonapart(m): 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2013
pls how can i write my own comment on NL. O am new
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by manny4life(m): 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
ItsModella:
Yes, that is why it is advised that children less than 12 years should not sit in the front because the air bag can kill them when inflated.

The young girl wouldn't have died if she was sitting at the back.

In fact, if I recall my own state law, it says under the age of 14 or so in the front because of airbag issues. If you're caught violating, you know say na ticket be that.

Little girl, RIP... It def wasn't your fault.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by manny4life(m): 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Bonapart: pls how can i write my own comment on NL. O am new

Ummmmm

You just did...
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by eaglechild: 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
somebody: Not sure why no one has said this but you can put an infant in the front seat but turn off the air bag. At least, that is the warning I've seen in my own car.
You must be driving a 2013 mercedes benz concept car.
I've not seen any of the regular Japanese or korean cars that can do this.
Infact i'm not even sure it's wise to have that option of turning off airbags, it's just like being able to turn off your brakes at will.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Akpoistson(m): 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
Rest in peace little girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Observing Ramadan Prayers At The Battlefield / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo / Court Affirms Abure As LP Chairman, Restrains Apapa-Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.