Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba (28910 Views)

Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo) / Girl Killed In Aba Yesterday During The Search For IPOB Members / Femi Adesina's Sister Dies In Auto Accident (2) (3) (4)

Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by sammmiey1: 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
Egemole: [b][/b]
Oh, rest in peace of the Lord
must u quote everytin juz 2express ur scanty 2cents?
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by kross01(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
biolabee: I have a question though.. in addition to the fact that the child was in the front seat, will a seat belt have helped to minimise the impact
This applies to adult too
the seat belt will not change nothing. Bear in mind as well that the risk associated with airbags are not only the heavy impacts from their deployment, but also the risk of suffocation. The height of anyone below 12yrs of age would have that airbag deploying straight to their face, the force of impact & also a possibility of the bag suffocating the minor is very much likely.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by herquleez(m): 10:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
so some people dont know that airbags are deadly for kids abi.

Nawa o. The poor girl paid for someone's folly.

Airbags are violent, and it's like an explosion when it pops, it can even break a finger in the process and that's why the 10:2 position is the best way to hold a steering wheel.

RIP little one...
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by manny4life(m): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
herquleez: so some people dont know that airbags are deadly for kids abi.

Airbags are violent, and it's like an explosion when it pops, it can even break a finger in the process and that's why the 10:2 position is the best way to hold a steering wheel.

RIP little one...

Bros, no offense but you lie for that one. Which state be that one? shocked shocked

tellwisdom: All these foolish female drivers who just jump into cars becos their husband gave them access ..Rusbishangry angry

Abeg quit hating jor, because you're using your legediz benz doesn't mean others cannot afford the luxury, besides, accidents are inevitable. AAA once released a report that about 90% of people will have an accident their lifetime when driving. I pray not to have an accident and when I do, I pray to come out safely.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by biolabee(m): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
ichidodo: Either way she has got to be strapped properly, t[b]here are also dangers at the back seat most people are not aware of.[/b] U think if u tuck ure kid at the back that all will be well?

pls tell us more
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by dallyemmy: 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
My people are destroyed because of ignorance! Please, there is more to driving than moving a car. Please learn!
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by FindOut(m): 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
1) Do not put a child below 12 in the front seat. If the child is a bit tall & for any reason at all, (maybe there's a fire-breathing dragon at the back seat or smthn), then make sure the seat belt is used and the passenger airbag is turned off. Most modern cars have that feature.....usually visible on the side of the dashboard when you open the passenger side door (a key hole where u insert the key..). There are also rules for using child seats in the front seats which of course includes turning off the airbag too. Read your damn car manuals and pay attention to the warnings and signs in your car. However, if an adult is in the front seat, please turn the airbag on! The dashboard will alert you if the airbag is on or off.

2) All adults in front as well MUST always use seat belts. Most cars even those manufactured 20 years ago without airbags have something called seat belt pretensioners . What they do is simply that in the event of a crash, your seatbelt tightens immediately to keep you in place and prevent you from leaning forward too much. In such a scenario, even when the airbag is deployed, your face will be far away from the initial force of deployment -which is apparently what killed this beautiful girl and what has killed some adults too.

3) If in this age and time, you are giving birth to 4 kids (like i hope to smiley), employed a nanny as well and you are all going out, then you had better be able to afford a 7 seater SUV or a minivan for outings. That's the reason those kind of cars were manufactured.

4)[s] Buy a tokunbo 2007 Kia Rio from US (comes with four airbags standard) before you buy a brand new 2012 Kia Rio(comes with ZERO or one airbag) sold at Dana if you are particular about safety and you love your life.
May the girl RIP and may God grant her family the fortitude to bear the loss.

SAFETY FIRST.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by tellwisdom: 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, no offense but you lie for that one. Which state be that one? shocked shocked

Abeg quit hating jor, because you're using your legediz benz doesn't mean others cannot afford the luxury, besides, accidents are inevitable. AAA once released a report that about 90% of people will have an accident their lifetime when driving. I pray not to have an accident and when I do, I pray to come out safely.

dude that is not nice
so when u buy a car for your wife, will the man not be foolish also to give her the car
putting the child in the front is the issue not your grouse with womenfolk

Is it that you guys don't see these women dragging roads with experienced drivers??…driving like there was never anything like accident in their book?? angry

Whether kid in front or airbag--The speed was too much to have puffed out the airbag. Thats all i can say angry
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by softangel(m): 11:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
Rest in peace dear and may God grant her family ϑ fortitude to bear her loss.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by nenergy(m): 11:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
very sad! people aren't enlightened. it pains me when i see educated people driving with kids standing on car sits or leaning against dashboard. RIP angel!
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by jephiano: 11:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
herquleez: so some people dont know that airbags are deadly for kids abi.

RIP little one...

Dude i think the 10:2 position is no longer viewed as the best; i read somewhere that the 9:3 postion is ideal due to the presence of airbags. You should try looking it up.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 21, 2013
A SIX YEAR OLD CHILD IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SITTING IN THE FRONT SEAT!! shocked shocked

I feel for her family. And they are in my prayers.
I just hope this serves as a lesson to other parents out there.
Your young children are not supposed to be sitting in the front seat.

Where I am from the child must be at least 80 LBs and around age 12/13.
That sounds reasonable to me.. Please! Please practice this!! undecided
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by kabukabu50(m): 1:59am On Mar 21, 2013
Just plain dumb.
nigerians should know that all little kids sit in the back in a baby seat or booster seat or if they are older/bigger-just sit in the back.period.
another life lost to recklessness.

Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Ladytemi(f): 2:46am On Mar 21, 2013
Children that young have no place riding in the front seat of the car.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by lastpage: 2:58am On Mar 21, 2013
kross_01: @ post; most car manufacturers do state it, it is never advisable to leave kids under the age of 12 in front seats(except they are to be strapped in baby carriers, in which case rear facing ones are not still allowed). Its just plain blunder that caused this untimely demise. My condolences to the family.

While l condole wit the family, every tragedy should be a learning exercise for the rest of us.

Do you still leave your children unstrapped with seat belts when driving?

Do you refuse to follow "manufacturer's instruction as to the proper use of Car Seats or do you just even refuse to put your children in one?

Do you take REGULAR MAINTENANCE of your car for granted? (we see a lot of rickety death traps on our roads naah?
)

NOW, you know what CAN HAPPEN TO YOU (Yes, to you or me or anyone at any time!)

Always remember this girl ..before you put that your car into gear! Life can be gone in seconds!!

Lastpage!
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Brentwood: 4:36am On Mar 21, 2013
This is why I wish Nigerians would start using car seats for their kids. Rear-facing infant seats for babies under 2yrs and forward-facing toddler seats for 3-5yrs and booster seats for kids under 8yrs. But na lie. You'll see mothers with babies on their laps or younger kids in the front.
When I went home, I travelled with my toddler's car seat and they all thought I was forming oyinbo. But the oyinbo people know what they're doing when they made it a law. When I told my sister to get a car seat for her 4yr old, she said she's too old for it even though my girl is 3 1/2 and will be in a car seat till she's 8. We need to enlighten ourselves and do better. My niece even though sits at the back, never wore her seat belt no matter how much i shouted. You see them standing against the door, when I got tired of shouting I had to keep quiet. My mind was never at rest with them all over the place in the car. Let them not say my own is too much because you live abroad now.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 21, 2013
May you rest in the bossom of the Lord.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Jarus(m): 6:51am On Mar 21, 2013
The way I get mad at my wife anytime she allows her sister sit in front of the car carrying my baby, is justified.

May God comfort the family.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by lorddarshwood(m): 6:52am On Mar 21, 2013
Its boldly written on car manuals and its boldly written on some dashboard,kids are not meant to sit in the front seat of a car even if ur driving at a speed of 10km/h,Rip to the little Angel
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 21, 2013

Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by greall1: 6:54am On Mar 21, 2013
R I P POOR GIRL
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by basty: 7:18am On Mar 21, 2013
I could not hold tears when I read the Father's statements "my star is gone" I mourn for the little Angel R.I.P. God in his infinite mercy will console the family.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Myah001(f): 7:53am On Mar 21, 2013
sadrest in peace little angel.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Lammysushi(f): 7:58am On Mar 21, 2013
Rest in Peace little one.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by agiboma(f): 8:14am On Mar 21, 2013
rip little angle.
this is a difficult lesson but never but small children or children in car seats in the front of the car and most parents dont even buckle their kids seatbelts to make the matter worse.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by biolabee(m): 8:25am On Mar 21, 2013
Find Out!:
1) Do not put a child below 12 in the front seat. If the child is a bit tall & for any reason at all, (maybe there's a fire-breathing dragon at the back seat or smthn), then make sure the seat belt is used and the passenger airbag is turned off. Most modern cars have that feature.....usually visible on the side of the dashboard when you open the passenger side door (a key hole where u insert the key..). There are also rules for using child seats in the front seats which of course includes turning off the airbag too. Read your damn car manuals and pay attention to the warnings and signs in your car. However, if an adult is in the front seat, please turn the airbag on! The dashboard will alert you if the airbag is on or off.

2) All adults in front as well MUST always use seat belts. Most cars even those manufactured 20 years ago without airbags have something called seat belt pretensioners . What they do is simply that in the event of a crash, your seatbelt tightens immediately to keep you in place and prevent you from leaning forward too much. In such a scenario, even when the airbag is deployed, your face will be far away from the initial force of deployment -which is apparently what killed this beautiful girl and what has killed some adults too.

3) If in this age and time, you are giving birth to 4 kids (like i hope to smiley), employed a nanny as well and you are all going out, then you had better be able to afford a 7 seater SUV or a minivan for outings. That's the reason those kind of cars were manufactured.

4)[s] Buy a tokunbo 2007 Kia Rio from US (comes with four airbags standard) before you buy a brand new 2012 Kia Rio(comes with ZERO or one airbag) sold at Dana if you are particular about safety and you love your life.
May the girl RIP and may God grant her family the fortitude to bear the loss.

SAFETY FIRST.

Sweet!

tellwisdom:

Is it that you guys don't see these women dragging roads with experienced drivers??…driving like there was never anything like accident in their book?? angry

Whether kid in front or airbag--The speed was too much to have puffed out the airbag. Thats all i can say angry

I know how you mean but it does not mean that all female drivers are rough
Do you expect me to let my wife and kids be jumping bus? pleazee
also airbag deployment does not always mean the car is on speed

Unlike crash tests into barriers, real-world crashes typically occur at angles other than directly into the front of the vehicle, and the crash forces usually are not evenly distributed across the front of the vehicle. Consequently, the relative speed between a striking and struck vehicle required to deploy the airbag in a real-world crash can be much higher than an equivalent barrier crash. Because airbag sensors measure deceleration, vehicle speed is not a good indicator of whether an airbag should have deployed. Airbags can deploy due to the vehicle's undercarriage striking a low object protruding above the roadway due to the resulting deceleration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbag
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Finestlex(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2013
This is so sad and heart breaking.. Nnebisi road is too narrow and rough. Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan should do something about the road.. The road side shops along koka junc, ibusa road and bonsaac has been cleared.. Wondering why we still have them around ogbo ogonogo modern market causing serious hold up and making every driver to be faster than his shadow in order to scale through.. I really sympathise with the family of the little girl for their great loss.. RIP swt
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by tayoTFC(m): 8:31am On Mar 21, 2013
i just hope ppl can learn from this.....it is boldly written in the car ' never put the children in the front seat cos of airbag injury ' RIP small angel...hope u will forgive ur mother for her ignorant and cut off ur life.
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by Nonyeremeze: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2013
@tellwisdom d girl in is my neice n her mum is my elder sister so B4 u talk u ask questions,d were in a holdup n she was only in gear 1 according to d mechanic d airbag exploded because it has expired o dnt b fast to talk wen u were not were it happend mind u God is watching
Re: 6-year-old Girl Killed By Airbag In An Auto Accident In Asaba by akinreals: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2013
I just showed dis to my wife, i almost seize her car because of dis same issue, i warned her severally not to put my son on d front seat but she will not listen. I thank God she had realized her mistake, no matter what, i love my wife soooo much. RIP to d little Angel. May God console d family. Amen.

Soldiers Observing Ramadan Prayers At The Battlefield / Court Grants Baba Ijesha ₦2 Million Bail / Dr.reuben Abati Moves To Oxford's SAID Business School (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52