Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,145 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters (2064 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / 57th Annual Convention Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (rccg) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Was just playing with you, bro. smiley

I don't see any argument in the matter. If some of us call it work to ask to be saved, then, I'm willing to agree that we are saved by works too grin

If others say that praying to be saved is not work, then I completely agree that no works are requited for salvation

#DazAll. grin
Re: The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters by Image123(m): 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ihedinobi: Was just playing with you, bro. smiley

I don't see any argument in the matter. If some of us call it work to ask to be saved, then, I'm willing to agree that we are saved by works too grin

If others say that praying to be saved is not work, then I completely agree that no works are requited for salvation

#DazAll. grin
Good to hear that. Sorry i went 'extreme' to diffuse the opposite extreme. There is the extreme that states that God saves us and we do nothing. The other extreme relies on our doing something(s) to obtain salvation. i go moderate on this. God's promises and dealings with man are conditional, there is something to be done. All in all, our trust should be in God, for it is in Him that we live and move and have our being. This 'arguement' is like any promise/plan of the Bible, like say provision. God is our Provider, our Shepherd. But we need to WORK. Yea, we can find some scripture that show God providing without people working, but on the average, we are expected to work, evn though we trust Him for our DAILY bread.
Jam 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

In God's plan of salvation, we are saved and yet being saved, and shall be saved. We have eternal life, but will yet have access to the tree of life.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

We are not all tasters of salvation on the deathbed/deathcross. The majority of us that have received God by faith, are expected of God to live lives of living faith. And living faith is a faith with works.
Jam 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
To be saved, the theif on the cross had to ask. Conviction is not enough. Many people were convicted in Christ's front yet unsaved.
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Joh 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Jesus often said "Thy faith has saved thee". Faith MUST be exercised, and faith must be in God. It is God's gift but we need to stretch our faith hands to receive. If it was all God, no input from us, we will all be saved, the whole world.
Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Faith MUST be exercised. Without faith, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please Him(God). The two flow like breathing in and out. You don't own oxygen, neither are you alive by your power, but you simply have to breathe to stay alive. It is not the breathing that makes you alive, it is God, for in Him we live and move. Without Him, we can do nothing. But if you stopped breathing, you will not be alive though kept by the Almighty power of God. One actually as to Come unto Him, Open the door, Drink, Take, Believe. If you can believe, you will see. The unwritten clause then is that if you don't believe, you will not see.Ephesians has 6 chapters. Chapters 1-3 tell us primarily what God has done or is doing for us. Chapters 4-6 tell us primarily what we should DO. We should not take it in isolation(s).
Re: The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters by anukulapo: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
JeSoul: Ehm...I'm not a "Bible Teacher or Interpreter" oh...

but here's a piece that I fully support. This is simply a case of one word "fool" meaning two different things in two different times/cultures/context.

Makes a lota sense.
Re: The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters by Goshen360(m): 3:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
First,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

1. What is the 'Gospel of Christ' referred to in this context?

2. The man saying this, Paul the Apostle is already saved and he believes, what 'salvation' is he still talking about?

Second,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. 2 Corinthians 6:10

1. How can one be in sorrow and yet ALWAYS rejoicing?

2. How can one be poor and yet making many rich? Can't one just use that means of enriching others to make himself rich rather than remain poor? Also, you can't make others\many rich if you yourself are not rich. What's going on in this context?

3. How can one have nothing and yet possessing all things?

Over to you, brothers & sisters.
Re: The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
it's /
Re: The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters by shdemidemi(m): 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
1) the gospel of Christ is the gospel (only) Paul preached to the church. It is the gospel of grace through faith , love and hope of the coming of Christ.
2) Paul was speaking to a mainly gentile church here in this chapter. The general belief was that the Jews are still favoured by God due to their genealogy. The apostle made it known that His gospel of Jesus is for every one who believe.

Second
1)sorrow brings patience, patience brings strength and strength brings hope of that day we will live to sorrow no more.

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

2)poor and making many spiritually rich. Earthly riches are temporal thus they will fade with time but being rich spiritually is the peace we have within ourselves that we have eternal life in Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Convention Of Bible Teachers And Interpreters by Goshen360(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
^ Good ^ I will also add more, expanding on what you said. Thanks for teaching us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth Hidden Behind Makeup / God And Science / Are Humans Still Going To Have Freewill In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.