Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers (8281 Views)

A Thread For Catholics / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ? / Choristers Please Help With Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
I'm a keyboadist,what instrument do you play?

the piano and a little bit of the organ.

I was wondering if there are organists here to give tips
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Emmanueloy(m): 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
Yo. I'm a pianist. Are there churches around Ogba that'll need me for training or....? Feel free to send a pm.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Sanchez01: 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
you are right,but it's affecting me as there is no longer a platform or chance for me to sing praise again,we are not much,so it's either I play the keyboard or the drums.although I do sing praises at times while on the road going out to refresh my memories
I can relate to your situation. But trust me, leaving won't solve it. Try spicing your interest from the choir numbers. Lay your hands on some soft but easy-to-do songs. Trust me, you'd really enjoy and prefer it to doing the praise/worship session.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sanchez01:

I can relate to your situation. But trust me, leaving won't solve it. Try spicing your interest from the choir numbers. Lay your hands on some soft but easy-to-do songs. Trust me, you'd really enjoy and prefer it to doing the praise/worship session.
alright
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
kolawaxxy:

the piano and a little bit of the organ.

I was wondering if there are organists here to give tips
ok.... And what's the difference between an organ and a piano,I gueSs you play them the same manner,or is there anyone who can enlighten me,I play the keyboard and I change the settings to piano or organ whenever I need them
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
ok.... And what's the difference between an organ and a piano,I gueSs you play them the same manner,or is there anyone who can enlighten me,I play the keyboard and I change the settings to piano or organ whenever I need them

well, the organ(the one with the foot pedal, not sustain pedal), piano(basically mechanical. - strings and hammers produce the sound, not electric) and synthesizer(the one you call keyboard ) are all keyboard instruments; keys on board.

Their playing techniques are quite different, for instance u hardly run arpeggios on the organ, but that's a core feature of piano playing.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 7:17am On Oct 22, 2015
kolawaxxy:

well, the organ(the one with the foot pedal, not sustain pedal), piano(basically mechanical. - strings and hammers produce the sound, not electric) and synthesizer(the one you call keyboard ) are all keyboard instruments; keys on board.

Their playing techniques are quite different, for instance u hardly run arpeggios on the organ, but that's a core feature of piano playing.
kooool.......which church do u attend?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Holluwatarhyor:
kooool.......which church do u attend?

I don't have a permanent church for now, I attend any church that does art music
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Holluwatarhyor(m): 7:45am On Oct 22, 2015
kolawaxxy:

I don't have a permanent church for now, I attend any church that does art music
alright
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
Wow. I love this thread. Anyway, am a soprano male singer. U might find that kinda weird but my vocals looks feminish and rich. Wanna buy a guitar soon so that i will learn. Mehn. I love that instrument. A day can't pass without me singing. What happens if i have an instrument and i can play very well? I will forever be fulfilled. grin
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Quickle: 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
I need a motif xf8 fairly used like ASAP, any ideas guys.

Thanks a bunch, I'm a newbie so please pardon my...

Cheers.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by BossladySophie: 5:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
Let me jump on this thread real quick!

My church; A New Generation Pentecostal Church on the Lekki-Ajah Axis is in need of;

* Two good Choristers

* A Good Keyboardist

* A good saxophonist

Please interested applicants should indicate their interest by calling this number- 08062796511 or send an email to sophieokonkwo@gmail.com using the job title you are interested in as the subject of the mail. Please indicate your name, talent area and telephone number.

Pleaseeeeee, only applicants on the Lekki-Ajah axis (Lekki, Ajah, Abraham Adesanya, LBS, Olokanla, Sangotedo, Awoyaya etc) will be contacted due to their close proximity to the church.

Thanks!
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Olujanny: 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello house. Please a brother who plays the keyboard(major instrument), good with the bass and lead guitar needs a church to play for. Can play on all keys without transposing and also sight reads. Please if you can help him with a fix up.Thanks
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by BazzyChum(m): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hey pals, I am Kamzy aka Kamzy Jazz or Kamzy Mendel, am a Trumpeter, a classical singer, a bass guitarist, i also have a little knowledge in piano. I based in calabar.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by BazzyChum(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
BossladySophie:
Let me jump on this thread real quick!

My church; A New Generation Pentecostal Church on the Lekki-Ajah Axis is in need of;

* Two good Choristers

* A Good Keyboardist

* A good saxophonist

Please interested applicants should indicate their interest by calling this number- 08062796511 or send an email to sophieokonkwo@gmail.com using the job title you are interested in as the subject of the mail. Please indicate your name, talent area and telephone number.

Pleaseeeeee, only applicants on the Lekki-Ajah axis (Lekki, Ajah, Abraham Adesanya, LBS, Olokanla, Sangotedo, Awoyaya etc) will be contacted due to their close proximity to the church.

Thanks!
No Trumpeter!!
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by mystiquemaestro(m): 6:50am On Jul 04, 2018
Please I need to learn how to play the keyboard, but I need someone that can teach me how to sight read, abi na read the clefs and all those musical notes.

I'm based in Ikeja.

Kimdly drop your contact if you have any idea of a good music school ir if you can teach me.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Jay4joy: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
mystiquemaestro:
Please I need to learn how to play the keyboard, but I need someone that can teach me how to sight read, abi na read the clefs and all those musical notes.

I'm based in Ikeja.

Kimdly drop your contact if you have any idea of a good music school ir if you can teach me.

Try join MFM choir in your area. They do more of sight singing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atheists Based In Nigeria / I Am An Atheist, A Proud One. / Apostle G. D. Numbere Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.