Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers (8254 Views)

A Thread For Catholics / Is It Right For Churches To Pay Instrumentalists ? / Choristers Please Help With Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by whytnblack: 7:20am On Jul 28, 2014
Elantracey: dis ASUU strike interrupted ma keyboard lesson

what level are u now?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 7:24am On Jul 28, 2014
wow! where have I been?

My skill has reduced dramatically sad sad
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by whytnblack: 7:25am On Jul 28, 2014
Guitarlife: nice thread, i play all kinda guitars and saxophone very well , a violin and trumpet learner. I play a lil keyboard too.

please give me ur number

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by mstik(f): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2014
you an instrumentalist?
Acidosis: wow! where have I been?

My skill has reduced dramatically sad sad
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by whytnblack: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2014
HELLO PEEPZ. JUST THINKING OOO. I AM SUGGESTING WE SHOULD HAVE A CONCERT! WITH SO MANY GREAT TALENTS ON NAIRALAND. IF Y'ALL DONT MIND. LET'S DO IT IN LAGOS. WE CAN TAG IT NAIRALAND MUSIC FESTIVAL. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by gameboi: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2014
whytnblack:

please What is ur name? And where are you based? Can I have ur number pls.
I stay in Lagos. You?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Busybody2(f): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2014
I sing. Can hit very very high notes too.

Been meaning to get a drum set for my 8 years old and 4 years old to practise on at home for a while but have been procrastinating...my older boy is always drumming round the house with his hands and the younger one just started playing some rudiments on the church kit one day with people marvelling at his skills, BUT the fear of me going deaf is giving me the heebie-jeebies. I can't stand noise at all, and wince and jump especially when he hit the cymbals...

Help, do i soundproof their rooms or get myself some noise cancelling headphones for myself, and do i just get them a normal drum kit or should i get two kits? Also they are both lefthanded!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: you an instrumentalist?
I used to be...
smiley

You sing?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by mstik(f): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2014
I wish sad Wat do u play?
Acidosis:
I used to be...
smiley

You sing?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2014
whytnblack: HELLO PEEPZ. JUST THINKING OOO. I AM SUGGESTING WE SHOULD HAVE A CONCERT! WITH SO MANY GREAT TALENTS ON NAIRALAND. IF Y'ALL DONT MIND. LET'S DO IT IN LAGOS. WE CAN TAG IT NAIRALAND MUSIC FESTIVAL. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Endorsed!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by whytnblack: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2014
gameboi: I stay in Lagos. You?

Lagos too. Give me ur number pls
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2: I sing. Can hit very very high notes too.

Been meaning to get a drum set for my 8 years old and 4 years old to practise on at home for a while but have been procrastinating...my older boy is always drumming round the house with his hands and the younger one just started playing some rudiments on the church kit one day with people marvelling at his skills, BUT the fear of me going deaf is giving me the heebie-jeebies. I can't stand noise at all, and wince and jump especially when he hit the cymbals...

Help, do i soundproof their rooms or get myself some noise cancelling headphones for myself, and do i just get them a normal drum kit or should i get two kits? Also they are both lefthanded!

Wow! Please get the drum set as soon as possible. You could draw a time-table for rehersals such that will create room for academics, lessons and assignments. These are raw talents in your house, madam.

A sound proofed room is a good idea, but a noise cancelling headphone is more affordable.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: I wish sad Wat do u play?
Drum smiley
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by mstik(f): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2014
nice. one of my fave instruments cheesy
Acidosis:
Drum smiley
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by whytnblack: 8:45am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2: I sing. Can hit very very high notes too.

I like your skills, and the fact dat u want ur kids to go musical. I think you have a part to play on a platform I want to create for Nairaland muscians. It's going to be on whatsapp. So we're in d process of getting whatsapp numbers.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 8:59am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: nice. one of my fave instruments cheesy
aha, nice to know

We have female drummers, dear. You can also take a lesson. What do you think?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by mstik(f): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2014
nice
Acidosis:
aha, nice to know

We have female drummers, dear. You can also take a lesson. What do you think?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Busybody2(f): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2014
Acidosis:

Wow! Please get the drum set as soon as possible. You could draw a time-table for rehersals such that will create room for academics, lessons and assignments. These are raw talents in your house, madam.

A sound proofed room is a good idea, but a noise cancelling headphone is more affordable.

Thanks for the prompt response. God bless you Sir.

Chei, my poor ears, my own don be, dunno why they can't be talented in other less noisy skills angry

Really grateful for those pointers about lessons, academics, assignment, etc too. At least i am reassured my poor ears wouldn't be assaulted 24/7 embarassed

Although i could never forget my experience this April at the Redeem Camp. I was in awe of the drummer and his paradiddle and stroke rolls skills which went on and on and on and on...Twas my first time of hearing drums being played like that...twas beautiful to behold and listen to.
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Busybody2(f): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2014
whytnblack:

I like your skills, and the fact dat u want ur kids to go musical. I think you have a part to play on a platform I want to create for Nairaland muscians. It's going to be on whatsapp. So we're in d process of getting whatsapp numbers.

Thats a cool idea! Thumbs up.

May God reward you for your brilliant initiative.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2:

Thanks for the prompt response. God bless you Sir.

Chei, my poor ears, my own don be, dunno why they can't be talented in other less noisy skills angry

Really grateful for those pointers about lessons, academics, assignment, etc too. At least i am reassured my poor ears wouldn't be assaulted 24/7 embarassed
cheesy Glad to know you have wonderful kids

Lol, with time I believe they'll develop further interest in other instruments
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: nice
...you really want to learn?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by mstik(f): 9:13am On Jul 28, 2014
sounds nice..i'll add that to my bucket list
Acidosis:
...you really want to learn?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: sounds nice..i'll add that to my bucket list
cheesy
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Busybody2(f): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2014
Acidosis:
cheesy Glad to know you have wonderful kids
Lol, with time I believe they'll develop further interest in other instruments

The piano is there to serenade me for all the hardwork i put in raising them thus far, the saxophone is there to lull me to sleep...but oh no, its the drums they had to have an affinity for, yikes cheesy God dey grin

Idowuogbo: I'm Badosky,I lurveee God & I spend my life dancing for him. Contemporary, break dance et al. cool

Idowuogbo don sign from time immemorial grin grin grin

mstik: sounds nice..i'll add that to my bucket list

"Bucket" list shocked Where are you "going" shocked Life is sweet nau cry

Don't mind my aproko self oh, it just sounds one kain morbid to me sad

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Acidosis(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2:

The piano is there to serenade me for all the hardwork i put in raising them thus far, the saxophone is there to lull me to sleep...but oh no, its the drums they had to have an affinity for, yikes cheesy God dey grin

Idowuogbo don sign from time immemorial grin grin grin

grin grin grin
God dey oo cheesy You just have to ENDURE cheesy
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by mstik(f): 9:28am On Jul 28, 2014
grin life is short ooh. my time may be up tomorrow lol. no one ever knows wen they'll move on to the great beyond cheesy
Busybody2:
"Bucket" list shocked Where are you "going" shocked Life is sweet nau cry

Don't mind my aproko self oh, it just sounds one kain morbid to me sad
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Rendezvou: 9:49am On Jul 28, 2014
I am learning the keyboard. Pls can anyone help with Jazz/blues f ingering tips?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Hollyb(f): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2014
I sing (soprano, alto and tenor) and am also learnin ow to play the piano, already tru wit rudiments of music now moving to practical class

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by gameboi: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2014
whytnblack:

Lagos too. Give me ur number pls
what specific instrument do you want to learn? I can't drop my number here. Are you on whatsapp?
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by gameboi: 11:03am On Jul 28, 2014
Rendezvou: I am learning the keyboard. Pls can anyone help with Jazz/blues f ingering tips?
visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1814503/thread-keyboardists
Re: A Thread For Instrumentalists & Choristers by Busybody2(f): 11:23am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: grin life is short ooh. my time may be up tomorrow lol. no one ever knows wen they'll move on to the great beyond cheesy

Lol, phew.

I used to have the same mindset before and loved teasing people that what if they walked out the front door now and get run over and die immediately...naija people fear death too much, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Avoid Becoming A Victim Of Suicide (Don't Fall Out With God) / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? / Love Is Sweeter Than Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.