Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,459 members, 7,861,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! (71510 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by coogar: 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
rest in peace, great one!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
ypzilanti:

You are still here? I'm beginning to think that you are a Nairaland staff planted to increase traffic via incendiary comments.

Shebi I told you to hide your head in shame if you cannot explain to me how attacking Awolowo is automatically attacking all Yorubas?

From your fish brained reasoning, Awolowo would then have to be like some sort of god that cannot be attacked. Chinua earned the right to speak his mind about any single individual he wanted to in Nigeria.

Unlike you, he was not a little kid that is attacking his elders. They were both great Nigerians in respective areas. He and Awolowo were contemporaries and direct rivals in a bitter civil war. He does not have to love the guy, and he did not. He never expressed hate for Yoruba people, but a dislike of the war tactics of an individual: Awolowo.

Incendiary comments? Did he say Achebe drank otapiapia? A beg!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by brosdoncome(m): 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
Airforce1: Who is prof chinua achebe please?

Hey, why are you like this? You have been spamming this thread...don't you have something better to get your low life of a personality doing? Here is your answer. Albert Chinua Achebe was a renowned novelist and writer your father and his generations after, would never match 1/10th of his achievements. Mark my words....its not a curse, I'm only stating the obvious, pig!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by achi4u(m): 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=13pt]If it's true, then it means we have lost the most revered Nigerian. May his literary soul rest in peace.[/size]
Amen
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=15pt]
If it's true, then it means we have lost the most revered Igbo. May his literary soul rest in peace.[/size]
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by tpia5: 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
May he rip.

Has a thread been opened for him yet, discussing his life and achievements.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Gamji007: 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
aryzgreat:

We have a blind MOD here!

No body should talk of banning anybody here! The mods have so far encouraged deregatory statements and I believe none should be banned for any reason again on Nairaland.

Yeye Mods

RIP Chinua Achebe sad

2 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Chingyarmani(m): 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Boko Haram don strike again
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by eminikansoso(m): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
smartnee: Things has fallen apart, an Icon is gone. R.I.P GREAT IROKO embarassed

oko osisi na umu obom
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Seunkn: 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
R.I.P sir. . .
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Policewoman(f): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=slimyem]Fixed!!
Stop misleading people. Afam4eva\:
If it's true, then it means we have lost the most revered Nigerian after Ojukwu. May his literary soul rest in peace.[quote] REFIXED!!!!! Stop hating! He is NIGERIAN and there is nothing your broke ugly bottom can do about it.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by ypzilanti: 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=kingingkinging][/quote]

@king, One was finance minister in Nigeria at the time the other was Minister of Information (propoganda) in Biafra. Contemporaries is not necessarily by age. They were contemporaries in this context. They were also contemporaries in their level of importance in Nigeria. The word 'contemporary' was properly used in my post.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Truth be told, everything in LIFE is a RISK, the only safe and sure thing is DEATH.What do I mean? We hear things like you stand a 36% chance of cancer or 50 in 1000 die in heart transplants, we forget that 100 in 100 must die, whether old, young, pretty,rich, etc we all willl die. Everyone spends days of their life trying to postpone their death and elongate their lives and we all expect that playing safe is the key.

RIP Sir..
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by kingingkinging: 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Aringarosa: Bluetooth and the rest of the resident bigot, why don't you take a cue from Aunty Desola? It wouldn't do you any harm you know undecided undecided

Just respect the dead, it isn't too much to ask, is it?

I wouldn't blame those who do not accord respect to Prof Achebe even at death. The simple reason is, Achebe too did same thing. He is only being paid back in the side of his coin. Releasing a book after 40 years of war to fan the ember of hatred in environment that is hostile already was a height of 'stupidity' ( pls forgive me for that). As an elder stateman. Every effort must be made to mend broken fences not to break more. He made that mistake and it is quite unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by meerah25(f): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Every_LadY: pls tell me its not true? how can this happen to us now as a nation?Last weekend it was Maitama Sule,now its our finest novelist and icon.Hope its not rumor oo!

REST IN THE BOSOM OF THE LORD,SWEET LOVEWE CHERISHED EVERY SINGLE LITERARY EFFORT U DISPENSED ON THIS EARTH.
ADIEU!

which maitama sule?get your facts right dude.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Georgesmartt(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thy might have gone to beyond but thy works lives and continue to live as long as print exists. Africans are proud of you. Rest well!!!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by sojihandsome: 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by EveryLadY(f): 12:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
FAITHSFI: only secondary school literature student sabi.

U are right with this one.Every body who passed through secondary school in Nigeria will miss him.Guess every valued Nigerian did so.we all did,and some other African countries too. the literary world in general will surely miss him
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by alomoh: 12:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
Our Yansh:

Well said.

He allowed is‎​ inherent hatred for other Nigerians take a hold of him and led him to fan the embers of hate in an already polarised nation, one he avoided like a plague.

Not a bad guy, but his last actions before his passing away made him an Ibo hero and not a Nigerian hero...

angry

Exactly, Chinua Achebe became in his final days A hero of the Ibos, He could have earned for himself more honor as a Nigerian Hero, But he messed up the singular opportunity by his reminiscence of the long fratricidal warfare which has divided Nigerians. An history for which Ibos believed Yorubas are their enemies without proper counsel and historical facts. They roam around in Yoruba states doing business freely and Achebe dug out a lie in his “There was a Country” to confuse the Younger African and caused hatred before his demise
Achebe is really the Hero of the Tribal Ibos

12 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by DrMuzungu(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
R. I. P.

p.s. I don't think this is the time for any tribalist nonsense.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Hilaskee(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
What a great irreplaceable, irrepairable and irreversible loss...! Oh, things have truly fallen apart oh!!!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by akpunku1: 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
my eyes are heavy wit tears, uncle achebe wateva happened to d noble award we talked about.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by tellwisdom: 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Who killed this good man?? embarassed
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by AgwunobiP: 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Adieu Chinua Achebe :-XAdieu Chinua Achebe
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dr Muzungu: R. I. P.

p.s. I don't think this is the time for any tribalist nonsense.

Is there a proper time for tribal nonsense?
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by theripper: 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised. ~Chinua Achebe

The perfidious ones are gloating while their fathers have achieved next to nothing and die unfulfilled

U are the most revered literary icon In Nigeria . RIP sir
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Airforce1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
The only honest Ibo man alive is dead just dis morning

Sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply)

2023: Someone Who Claimed He Lost His Wealth Under Abacha Now Owns Planes – Obi / Nigerians React To Photo Of Buhari Watching Channels TV In London / Army Launches ‘Crocodile Smile’ As #EndSARS Protests Spread To More Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.