Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? (5452 Views)

10 Nigerian Women Open Up On How They Lost Their Virginity / Ladies...do U Open-up 2ur Man Dat Is Not Good On Bed / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by Citizen1(f): 9:48am On Mar 29, 2008
I recently met this guy that I like and the feeling is quite mutual. But he doesn't say more than one word sentences.
Even his mails are that "long" too. The only thing I know he likes is football which I don't give a damn about. Please guys in the house, how do we ladies get you to open up and communicate? Or is he playing hard to get?
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by opuro(m): 9:57am On Mar 29, 2008
take him to mr biggs or chumchum,
buy him gifts,
buy him recharge cards for his phone

what a man can do, woman can do better!
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by Beebsyn(m): 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2008
ok, if i may ask, who make the first move? was it you or him? if you are the one that makes the first move, then you should expect such attittude, cos the guy will not wants to be too forwarded to avoid some kind of things. But, to really have or get what you from him e.g his attention, though, you guys met recent, but, you can seat him down and talk to him, then from the process both of you can discuss on what you like or dislike and other things. He is a guy and his going to give his attention. try this, am sure it works.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by iice(f): 8:44am On Mar 30, 2008
Erhhh get him to talk about his other interests aside from football. If there is a shared interest, it makes it easier.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by Citizen1(f): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2008
@Beebsyn
That's what beats me, he made the first move. He wasn't much of a talker then, and he isn't talking now.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by danity: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2008
Oh my gosh! I totally understand you girl.
It scares the crap out of me.
How do you get a guy to open up to you well enough?
I don't know but when an answer is given, I'll like to know how to apply it.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by outlaws(m): 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2008
cool

Hey poster. The answer to your question is simple. If you want him to open up, you would have to shut your mouth. There is time for everything and there is time to shut up and not say anything. Positive plus negative equals negative, so as you shut your mouth, he will start bitching before you realize it. Most guys don't like ladies to be bitching about every little thing.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by Steroid101(m): 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2008
Is simple now, tell him you wish you have a boy friend, He ask why, how tell him nothing, that you feel like, then leave
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by sinthia(f): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2008
u could try talking him out of his fears or
try to know what his worries are.
u know men like to be pampered but u have to do it with caution
so he doesn't put up the cry baby act which will bring up unnnecessary sympathy
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by presido1: 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2008
I think he was recently healed of dumbness lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. So give him more time to learn how to talk. grin grin
Or take him to the pastor that healed him he can put more words in his mouth. undecided undecided
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2008
while he was asleep, i tied him down. went to the kitchen for pepper sauce. poured it in his mouth and woke him up. . told him to open up or else i wnt give him water to drink. . .everytime he screams, i poured more pepper sauce. eventually he opened up

do this, and your guy will open up. even though he'll kill you at the end of the day  wink
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by ifyalways(f): 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2008
morenike09:

while he was asleep, i tied him down. went to the kitchen for pepper sauce. poured it in his mouth and woke him up. . told him to open up or else i wnt give him water to drink. . .everytime he screams, i poured more pepper sauce. eventually he opened up

do this, and your guy will open up. even though he'll kill you at the end of the day wink
rofl
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by ariblaze(m): 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2008
Have you

Ever heard of temperaments ?

Pragmatic ,melancholy, choleric,and the impossible sanguine wink

am sure your guy

is a combination of the first two,

learn to be comfortable with his silence and soon enuff you would everything you need to know about him

but if that dont work

try
morenike09 's method wink
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by wahala2007(m): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2008
Cook for him a peppered meal of beans,ensure you lock all toilets and bathroom.I am sure he will open up wink
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by funnybobo: 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2008
dont ever try to be forceful on him, o and make him think bout you by keeping 'some' distance
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by babamutu: 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2008
U can't make him talk if he's not the talking type. Thats his nature. Take him as he is or leave him, ;Thats two options so take one.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by Beebsyn(m): 11:38am On Mar 31, 2008
Well, since the guy made the first move, no big deal. You can ask him the kind of relationship he wants to create, so as to know if it's going to suit you or not and also to make good use of your time instead of loitering around with him. The fact that he is quite doesn't mean he didn't know what is good for him. But, since he approached first, it means you have about 80% chance to change him. You are a lady, and matured and feel the guy is good for you, you should be able to seat him down and convience him about his behaviour, believe me you can change him, despite his quiteness. please try.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by almondjoy(f): 11:44am On Mar 31, 2008
@poster

It looks like you just got yourself the "to cherish and to hold" kind!  What a bore.

Well you can't do much with this one. . . since he is in the "slow to warm up" category.  If you no like am like that. . . .just lef am je je.  Otherwise, na wahala you dey fain so. You are in for a cold heart and bed!

Don't try to change people. . . love them for who they are if you can't come to a compromise.  Just waka pass je je.  Find someone who will play "ball" with you! kiss
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by bluehorizo(m): 11:52am On Mar 31, 2008
Tell him and make him realize that you want a open minded relationship. Someone to talk to and share with. How can you learn about him if he keeps dumb mum.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by micklplus(m): 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2008
Yeah, u can't change people and if u can't patch with them, go your way and let them be.
U'll be surprised with the result if u can take your time and study people as to why they behave the the way they do ! You'll have a peace of mind and u'll be happier that u try to know them and then, u'll start enjoying everything about them ! But, move on if u don't have the patience to study them !
The last thing u want to do is to try and change people.
Cheers
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by onyekang1(f): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2008
talk more about common interest,if dat doesnt work my dear, accept him for who he is. wink
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by Joey82(m): 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2008
@poster
just try to keep a lilttle safe distance and behave dumb urself,
u can never get him to open up if u're urself open,
however if u're 'quieter' than him, he'll have no choice but to always initiate something to talk about any time u're together.
remember to avoid talking about d football he loves. wink
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by SweetT1: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2008
Grab him by the nuts and squeeze them little by little. cheesy
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by opokonwa(m): 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2008
You better look for a guy who matches your vivacious and talkative self.
Otherwise, this is a sure sign that you two may not be all that compatible despite your liking him.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by YEMILOVE1(f): 4:59pm On May 02, 2008
I think he is a queit person, If you can adjust now is better you packout it Means you are not compatible.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by frank316(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2008
seduce him into sleeping with him and f*** the hell out of his life. He will not only open up he will speak in tongues
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by yinkausa(f): 5:46pm On May 02, 2008
frank, that is so funny, that will definitely make him open up
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by Scopium: 7:13pm On May 02, 2008
[size=13pt]Sometimes doctors cut the woman to get the baby out, do the same to your guy's mouth to get the words out. I'm sure it will work[/size]
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by tRoOE(f): 7:26pm On May 02, 2008
Study your man and know what his interest her
But sometimes men prefer to talk on their own terms, they study the girl 1st before opening up, which is very reasonable.
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by chamotex(m): 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
Gve him a di.ck
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by whiteroses(f): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2009
i think either him or both of you are boring each other just try not to be so boring
Re: How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? by tithe(m): 12:00am On Oct 14, 2009
@poster, Point a gun at him, he will say more than 500 words per minute,   shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Erotic Zones That Excites Women More Than The center of gravity / Differences Between Mum And Dad (hilarious Pictures) / Constructive Advice Would Be Appreciated. Please Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.