Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe (11096 Views)

Jonathan And Patience On The Page Of A Kenyan Newspaper / Tribute To Officers And Soldiers That Fought Against Bokoharam But Died In The P / Brown University's Tribute To Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Rossikk(m): 11:36am On Mar 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Asss hole, you are chasing your own tail with Nobel. I'm not a citizen of Nobel like you and I care less about Nobel or your idiotic fixation with Nobel, I'm a Nigerian and my concerns about my country is confined to my country, not Nobel like your dumb asss.

You can stroke yourself to death and divert attention away from your ignorance about your own country with your Nobel fixation, that's your problem and death, it still doesn't change the fact that this is about Nigeria and it's worthless awards in the hands of criminals and incompetent public officials.

Oponu sowenu..

Come on get your nasty motor park tout self out of here. You have been comprehensively trounced in your attempt to downgrade the Nigerian awards and elevate the Nobel. You were asked to name a single awards globally in which all recipients were clean. You could not. You demand perfection in Nigeria. Do you have perfection in your own stinking bedroom or in your worthless family of frustrated layabouts and losers? Next time think twice before opening your plantation slaveboy mouth to talk crap here. And if you cannot stand Nigeria, Get the fck out of the country. Nobody here gives a shiit about you and your miseries. Nwa aturu ocha neshi ka ifemamaro.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by tonychristopher: 9:39am On Apr 01, 2013
Gunmen on Sunday shot dead a Nigerian lecturer , Malam Murtala Mohammed, of the Mass Communication Department of the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) at his residence in Maiduguri.

Witnesses said Mohammed was shot at his 202 Housing Estate, opposite the university campus.

“He was shot at close range by a group of teenagers shortly after observing the Zuhr Prayers in front of his house,.’’ the witness said.

Also speaking, Malam Yusuf Ibrahim, a neighbour of the deceased, said the victim appeared to have been trailed by his killers from the university campus before coming to his house.

“Apparantly the killers must have trailed him from the university campus where he had gone to perform some official assignment in the morning,” he said.

Ibrahim also said the killers fled immediately after shooting the deceased severally at close range.

Also confirming the incident, Malam Ahmed Mohammed the UNIMAID Chief Information Officer, said he heard about the sad event in the afternoon.

He said however that the university authorities could not take immediate action as the lecturer was killed outside the campus.

“I learnt that his remains were taken to the University Teaching Hospital (UMTH) mortuary by a team of operatives of the Joint Task Force (JTF) who were alerted by neighbours after the event,” Mohammed said.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by pnn20: 10:46am On Apr 02, 2013
Hallo my fellow Nigerians. My name is Peter Nguli and I am the author of the article on Chinua Achebe (Nolonger at ease, things fall apart for a man of the people) which is subject to discussion here on the sub-topic: 'A Kenyan's Tribute to Chinua Achebe'. Firstly, I would like to say thank you for all your contributions. I read your contributions in the internet. There is no question that Chinualimogu Albert Achebe was a great writer, a mentor and a hero for Africa. In Kenyan secondary schools, we had to read his books in order to pass English literature and I have a lot of regards for Chinua Achebe for shaping up my English, literary devices, humour, creativity and metaphor. I am sorry to see that the post here has created inter-clan wars but that was not my intention: I was just writing to pay my tribute to a great African hero. I am not at all interested with Nigerian politics but what I know is that every child in Africa grew up with Achebe and he was a great asset to this African continent. I would like to say thank you again to those who appreciated my article published in the Kenyan Standard Digital and would ask that you may wish to read more of my articles in the same newspaper. I would particularly pay my respects to the poster named 'Every Lady'. We are all Africans living in a global village of a continent and I would advise that you live peacefully as brothers and sisters. Thank you very Much. You can reach me at pnn20@hotmail.com Peter Nguli

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? / FG Now Funds IDP Camps In Borno, Says Shettima / Typical Igbo Village In The USA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.