Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,305 members, 7,846,358 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra (9454 Views)

Buhari & Queen Elizabeth Discussing At CHOGM In Malta / Obama And Buhari: Guess What The Two Presidents Were Discussing (Photo) / Photo: Guess What Buhari Is Discussing With Ameachi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Dede1(m): 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
You are right, but at some point Amadi was relocated to another sector and Major Uchendu took charge. As at the time of destruction of Nigeria's second division at Abagana, Major Uchendu was temporarily in charge and he deserves the credit. Not Amadi or Achuzia.

I do not know where you are pulling the notion that Major Uchendu was a Divisional commander. The ambush at Abagana did not involve entire Brigade talk less of Division. At best, Major Uchendu could have been a battalion commander. It is not the issue of who should get the credit or not but arrange historical facts accordingly.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
@ Dede.
The Biafran command on that fateful day that ambushed Nigeria's second div at Abagana was led by one certain Major Uchendu. He is the hero of that ambush and I've recently discussed that with Col Okwechime. Do you want his contact?.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Dude your post here is totally irrelevant to the topic. The thread is about forgotten Biafran heroes. And I replied with Eng Ezekwe and his science and research institute that caused massive destruction of enemies. Later I included pictures of the results of Prof Ezekwe's team.
They are our heroes.
Go and start your thread with your own heroes instead of displaying stupidity here.
if i display any stupidity, that doesn't mean you should display a worse stupidity sir!
You shouldn't have exhibited and irrelevance if you don't want the irrelevance to be questioned sir!
Even from what you said, the bomb caused massive death of the enemies seems to show you seem to be in the beer parlour discussing the issue sir!
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: if i display any stupidity, that doesn't mean you should display a worse stupidity sir!
You shouldn't have exhibited and irrelevance if you don't want the irrelevance to be questioned sir!
Even from what you said, the bomb caused massive death of the enemies seems to show you seem to be in the beer parlour discussing the issue sir!
Prove me wrong that the weapons did not cause massive havoc on the opposing side. The weapons were manufactured locally and the team that produced the deadly weapons was led by Prof Ezekwe..
Anyway, since you are here to learn, Prof Ezekwe was later hired by the U.S. Gen Babangida recalled him from the U.S and made him a minister in 1997.
He is my hero. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 11:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Prove me wrong that the weapons did not cause massive havoc on the opposing side. The weapons were manufactured locally and the team that produced the deadly weapons was led by Prof Ezekwe..
Anyway, since you are here to learn, Prof Ezekwe was later hired by the U.S. Gen Babangida recalled him from the U.S and made him a minister in 1997.
He is my hero. Take it or leave it.
sure, a weapon is meant to cause havoc!

But what i adrenergically refuse to swallow and digest is the adjective MASSIVE!
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 11:22pm On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: sure, a weapon is meant to cause havoc!

But what i adrenergically refuse to swallow and digest is the adjective MASSIVE!
When you produce weapons that destroys a convoy of 96 vehicles, is that not massive?.
See the photograph once again. It was a massive destruction of Gen M. Mohammed's div at Abagana.
Are you learning?.

2 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 8:44am On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
When you produce weapons that destroys a convoy of 96 vehicles, is that not massive?.
See the photograph once again. It was a massive destruction of Gen M. Mohammed's div at Abagana.
Are you learning?.
the number of vehicles an seeing here are not even up to 10 let alone 96.
Yes! Am learning to conform to your hyperbole sir.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 12:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
Tolexander: the number of vehicles an seeing here are not even up to 10 let alone 96.
Yes! Am learning to conform to your hyperbole sir.
Why are you making a mockery of yourself in this thread. At first you said that the weapons developed locally in Biafra were capable of killing only flies. I responded by posting photographs of the destruction of the mass weapon. What else do you want?. You want photos of Biafra's destruction of 96 vehicles as if your fathers were able to develop such type of cameras in the 60's.
This thread is about Biafran heroes, so get out of here as yo know none of them.
SCRAM AND STOP DERAILING THE THREAD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
Alexander Madiebo - I have got his book about the Biafran war..
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
Dede1:
I do not know where you are pulling the notion that Major Uchendu was a Divisional commander. The ambush at Abagana did not involve entire Brigade talk less of Division. At best, [b]Major Uchendu [/b]could have been a battalion commander. It is not the issue of who should get the credit or not but arrange historical facts accordingly.

Who's Major Uchendu??
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
I think the Major Effiong or something guy that led the Nigerian forces through an ambush of Biafran soldiers and fought fearlessly to get his battalion safely back to Port Harcourt deserves an eagle heart or Field Marshal status for that... He's definitely one of the bravest soldiers ever to walk this planet... only Lt. Gen. Vasiliy Chuikov was greater than him... wink
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
shymexx: Alexander Madiebo - I have got his book about the Biafran war..
Major gen Madiebo wrote extensively about Major Uchendu on that book, page 225. ''The Nig Rev and the Biafran war''.
Major Uchendu is a great hero but has not been giving his rightful place in Biafran history. This is according to my friend and Col Okwechime.

2 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Major gen Madiebo wrote extensively about Major Uchendu on that book, page 225. ''The Nig Rev and the Biafran war''.
Major Uchendu is a great hero but has not been giving his rightful place in Biafran history. This is according to my friend and Col Okwechime.

I'll check it now... Thanks.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2013
shymexx: I think the Major Effiong or something guy that led the Nigerian forces through an ambush of Biafran soldier and fought fearlessly to get his battalion safely back to Port Harcourt deserves an eagle heart or Field Marshal status for that... He's definitely one of the bravest soldiers ever to walk this planet... only Lt. Gen. Vasiliy Chuikov was greater than him... wink
You are right. Am beggining to respect you again like those your early days in nairaland. I wonder why you changed later.
Keep it coming Shymexx
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
You are right. Am beggining to respect you again like those your early days in nairaland. I wonder why you changed later.
Keep it coming Shymexx

Lmao... I changed because I just couldn't withstand the barrage of malicious attacks I was getting from everyone for just being Yoruba... However, change is the only constant thing in life...
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Dede1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh: @ Dede.
The Biafran command on that fateful day that ambushed Nigeria's second div at Abagana was led by one certain Major Uchendu. He is the hero of that ambush and I've recently discussed that with Col Okwechime. Do you want his contact?.

Please tell Col Mike Okwechime that Dede 1 said that the Abagana did not involve entire 2nd Division of Nigeria army. It was elements of 4th and 6th Brigades led by Murtala Mohamed and Musa Yar adua who attempted to breach the stronghold of Biafran 11th Division at Onicha through Idah. While the major force was allowed to proceed toward Onicha, the Biafrans ambushed the major S&T columns and cut off the link to Idah.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Dede1(m): 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:

I do not doubt the bravery of one Major Uchendu as I will not take anything from Madiebo as gospel. After all, it was Madiebo who claimed in his book that 68th Brigade of “S” Division of Biafran army was a battalion.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
Dede1:
Please tell Col Mike Okwechime that Dede 1 said that the Abagana did not involve entire 2nd Division of Nigeria army. It was elements of 4th and 6th Brigades led by Murtala Mohamed and Musa Yar adua who attempted to breach the stronghold of Biafran 11th Division at Onicha through Idah. While the major force was allowed to proceed to Onoicha, the Biafrans ambushed the major S&T columns and cut off the link to Idah.

Lmao @dede1 still acting like he witnessed the war - it's played out like myspace... wink
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Dede1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao @dede1 still acting like he witnessed the war - it's played out like myspace... wink

shymexx

I am not called Dede for nothing.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
Dk Tiger Ihetu
One of the greatest fighters to come out of Africa. A two-time undisputed world middleweight champion. Yet he joined the Biafran Army to defend his homeland. Tiger was appointed by her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 11, but he returned his insignia as a protest for what he perceived as a lack of support by Great Britain to the Biafran cause.
RIP our heroic champion.

4 Likes

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 3:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Why are you making a mockery of yourself in this thread. At first you said that the weapons developed locally in Biafra were capable of killing only flies. I responded by posting photographs of the destruction of the mass weapon. What else do you want?. You want photos of Biafra's destruction of 96 vehicles as if your fathers were able to develop such type of cameras in the 60's.
This thread is about Biafran heroes, so get out of here as yo know none of them.
SCRAM AND STOP DERAILING THE THREAD.
you gat no point!

First world war was fought between 1914-1918, 2nd world war was fought between 1939-1945, korean war was fought between 1950-1953. These wars were fought before the biafran war and they had a better camera view of the landscape of the affected place.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
Tolexander: you gat no point!

First world war was fought between 1914-1918, 2nd world war was fought between 1939-1945, korean war was fought between 1950-1953. These wars were fought before the biafran war and they had a better camera view of the landscape of the affected place.
Anyway, you have learnt that weapons developed indigenously by Biafra could not hurt only flies as you believed but destroyed humans, properties and convoys.
Now back to the thread. I have named 4 Biafran heroes out of my original 32. Name yours and stop seeking for cheap attention. Must you comment on any thread that you haven't got the intelligence to do so?.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Tolexander: 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Anyway, you have learnt that weapons developed indigenously by Biafra could not hurt only flies as you believed but destroyed humans, properties and convoys.
Now back to the thread. I have named 4 Biafran heroes out of my original 32. Name yours and stop seeking for cheap attention. Must you comment on any thread that you haven't got the intelligence to do so?.
if you feel like seeing my own list, then go to the front page to view the two names i mentioned.
Seeking attention from who? Are you seun or any of the moderators? Obviously you are an entity like any other member here.
Just want you to understand this isn't a beer parlour where you can just be spewing anything sir!
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2013
Tolexander: General Benjamin Maja Adekunle.

General Muritala Rahmat Muhamad

The above names are not heroes of Biafra, surely, you are here to play to the gallery .
Scram
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by ekoilee: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh: Which Biafran hero could have done this?.
The ans is Major Uchendu. On 31 march 1968, Major Uchendu destroyed the enemy's second div main force at Abagana. Major Uchendu's 11 tactical division destroyed a terrifying force moving in a convoy of 96 vehicles carrying stores and men.
Mjor Uchendu, one of my great heroes.

So you people are finally admitting that it really was a war and you people kill other people equally and not the silly victim and sissy drama you engage in everyday...

When you people kill and perpetrate your atrocities,you are heroes, but when it comes to other people, it's genocide and other dumb nonsense...
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
eko ilee:

So you people are finally admitting that it really was a war and you people kill other people equally and not the silly victim and sissy drama you engage in everyday...

When you people kill and perpetrate your atrocities,you are heroes, but when it comes to other people, it's genocide and other dumb nonsense...

That is the igbo man stupidity.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2013
eko ilee:

Did they go about killing innocent people, children, stealing goats and yams, raping women and shelling inhabited buildings ?.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by AndreUweh(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
*556#:

The above idiotic post shouldn't be here. Please don't derail.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
The above idiotic post shouldn't be here. Please don't derail.

Idiotic? Thesame way your foolish brothers driven by thirst for power went on killing every other person but igbos and called it revolution?

Here you have it again.

*556#:

Keep on displaying your stupidity and call it igbo sense or whatever.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by ekoilee: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Did they go about killing innocent people, children, stealing goats and yams, raping women and shelling inhabited buildings ?.

What about the biafran atrocities against innocent people in SS and Mid west like invasion, subjugation, dehumanization, killing of innocent people, children, stealing goats and yams, raping women and shelling inhabited buildings?

Please keep quiet..
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by dayokanu(m): 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
eko ilee: What about the biafran atrocities against innocent people in SS and Mid west like invasion, subjugation, dehumanization, killing of innocent people, children, stealing goats and yams, raping women and shelling inhabited buildings?

Thats Liberation
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by joeyfire(m): 6:12am On Mar 30, 2013
eko ilee:

What about the biafran atrocities against innocent people in SS and Mid west like invasion, subjugation, dehumanization, killing of innocent people, children, stealing goats and yams, raping women and shelling inhabited buildings?

Please keep quiet..

You obviously have no evidence or sources of this misinformation you just farted across cyberspace. There were no atrocities in the midwest and please do not copy and paste omoigui.com. Come up with some respectable sources.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Has Provided N1.75tn Extra-statutory “bailout” Fund To States – Budgit / Enugu Govt Bans Unapproved Speed Breakers On Roads / Nigeria Now Earns $2bn Annually From Deep Offshore Production Sharing Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.