Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,157 members, 7,845,814 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra (9453 Views)

Buhari & Queen Elizabeth Discussing At CHOGM In Malta / Obama And Buhari: Guess What The Two Presidents Were Discussing (Photo) / Photo: Guess What Buhari Is Discussing With Ameachi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 30, 2013
Andre Uweh:
Did they go about killing innocent people, children, stealing goats and yams, raping women and shelling inhabited buildings ?.

You want me to give you a link of what the Biafran Army did when it invaded the Mid-West?
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 30, 2013
SmartTalk: I realize that our Efik brothers feel bad that Philip Effiong is not given enough recognition in stories the Biafran struggle. This has inspired this post to encourage readers to list Biafran heroes and if possible discuss them. Some I can think of are:

Phillip Effiong: second in command in the Biafran army
Senator Edward Kennedy (Massachusetts): supported Biafra and pressed for American recognition of the humanitarian disaster in the war
Senator Charles E. Goodell (New York): same as above
Senator Donald E. Lukens (Ohio): same as above.

Lies, lies and lies!!!

Ted Kennedy NEVER "SUPPORTED" BIAFRA!!! Neither did Chuck Goodell. The closest you can come to this phantom "support" only God knows where you dreamed it up is Don Lukens. Requesting for massive aid and evacuations for REFUGEES does not equal support. They wanted to help for humanitarian reasons and not because they supported the cause or felt that Biafra should separate from Nigeria!

Why do you guys like revising history so much?
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by EkoIle1: 6:40am On Mar 30, 2013
joeyfire:

You obviously have no evidence or sources of this misinformation you just farted across cyberspace. There were no atrocities in the midwest and please do not copy and paste omoigui.com. Come up with some respectable sources.

To start with, invading other people's land and subjugation the inhabitants is atrocity, but you are free to tell us exactly what happened when the rag tag biafra village rebels invaded the mid west. Were they there to picnic, party with the people of the Midwest, drink pami and hang out?

Btw, I've read Omoigui's accounts several times and I subscribe to every fact in his write ups.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by joeyfire(m): 7:10am On Mar 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

To start with, invading other people's land and subjugation the inhabitants is atrocity, but you are free to tell us exactly what happened when the rag tag biafra village rebels invaded the mid west. Were they there to picnic, party with the people of the Midwest, drink pami and hang out?

Btw, I've read Omoigui's accounts several times and I subscribe to every fact in his write ups.

Thanks for throwing my question right back in my face. If omoigui's angle is your "authoritative" historical source you are welcome to it but I'd rather look to more reliable ones.

First of all I believe you are talking about the midwest invasion. While I will never deny that men with guns and civilian populace don't miz because there are bound to be casualties, I will never accept that there were organised or even significant acts of brutality.

After biafran troops retreated from the midwest, the federal government set up a commission to investigate alleged rebel atrocities in the midwest. That commission came up short and faded into the dark because there was nothing to report, even though the gowon regime was desperate for something to counter biafra's image as the oppressed party. They were not on a mission to hang out and shack pami like u said but one thing is for sure, THERE WERE NO BIAFRAN ATROCITIES in the midwest. Chikena

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by EkoIle1: 7:37am On Mar 30, 2013
joeyfire: [s]

Thanks for throwing my question right back in my face. If omoigui's angle is your "authoritative" historical source you are welcome to it but I'd rather look to more reliable ones.[/s]

First of all I believe you are talking about the midwest invasion. While I will never deny that men with guns and civilian populace don't miz because there are bound to be casualties, [s]I will never accept that there were organised or even significant acts of brutality. [/s]
[s]
After biafran troops retreated from the midwest, the federal government set up a commission to investigate alleged rebel atrocities in the midwest. That commission came up short and faded into the dark because there was nothing to report, even though the gowon regime was desperate for something to counter biafra's image as the oppressed party. They were not on a mission to hang out and shack pami like u said but one thing is for sure, THERE WERE NO BIAFRAN ATROCITIES in the midwest. Chikena[/s]

The red highlight is not only an admission of atrocities, it betrayed your argument completely. Invasion is not a peaceful act, invasion means taken by force, illegal and violent occupation. The people people of the MW were armless and innocent folks.

You want people to believe your own accounts of what was done to you, but selfishly as usual, you are never willing to accept other people's account of what you did to them.

Disingenuous people like you I just can not take seriously.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by SmartTalk: 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
kingoflag:

Lies, lies and lies!!!

Ted Kennedy NEVER "SUPPORTED" BIAFRA!!! Neither did Chuck Goodell. The closest you can come to this phantom "support" only God knows where you dreamed it up is Don Lukens. Requesting for massive aid and evacuations for REFUGEES does not equal support. They wanted to help for humanitarian reasons and not because they supported the cause or felt that Biafra should separate from Nigeria!

you would not know what history revision is if it hit u in the face to take a chill pill son. If they did not overtly ask for recognition of Biafra, it was only due to British influence and politics. I regard them as Biafra heroes as they did better than the hell-bound bigots that insisted on starvation as a 'legitimate policy.' If u don't like it, bite me.

Richard West, a British journalist realised the importance of Biafra to African emergence on the global scene. He wrote in St Petersburg times during the tail end of the war "Biafra is more than a human tragedy. Its defeat, I believe, would mark the end of African independence. Biafra was the first place I had been to in Africa where the Africans themselves were truly in charge". Over 40 years later and we see that he was soooo right. The rise of Biafra would renew African independence, God bless Biafra.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by SmartTalk: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
kingoflag:

Lies, lies and lies!!!

you would not know what history revision is if it hit u in the face to take a chill pill son. If they did not overtly ask for recognition of Biafra, it was only due to British influence and politics. I regard them as Biafra heroes as they did better than the hell-bound bigots that insisted on starvation as a 'legitimate policy.' If u don't like it, bite me.

Richard West, a British journalist realised the importance of Biafra to African emergence on the global scene. He wrote in St Petersburg times during the tail end of the war "Biafra is more than a human tragedy. Its defeat, I believe, would mark the end of African independence. Biafra was the first place I had been to in Africa where the Africans themselves were truly in charge". Over 40 years later and we see that he was soooo right. The rise of Biafra would renew African independence, God bless Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by UncleJJ(m): 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
[size=18pt]RIP BIAFRA[/size]
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by SmartTalk: 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
[size=29pt]GOD BLESS BIAFRA AND THE BIAFRANS, HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE, AMEN![/size]
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by seanet01: 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
The hero of the War includes Benjamin Adekunle The Black Scorpion!!
Ekun Oko Yeehbo

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by SmartTalk: 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
Jean-Paul Sartre had respect for Biafran determination for actualisation of nationhood. The French writer made public statements condemning the war. France, for all their disagreeable national character, produced truly great intellectuals, mathematicians and philosophers. Jean-Paul Sartre was one of them, a French product that France can be truly proud of.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by seanet01: 6:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
Benjamin Adekunle the Black Scorpion

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by seanet01: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
God Bless the Black Scorpion!

1 Like

Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by SmartTalk: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
The pan-Africanist, Marcus Garvey inspired the design of the Biafran flag. Those who fought against bigotry, hatred and racism in America saw the Biafrans fighting against the same forces of evil in Nigeria. Those agents of the devil who are now in Nigerian delusions as heroes fought against God's own people. They think they won but God is still at work. He would resurrect the dream of freedom and true independence in Africa. God would lead his people, the Biafrans, as he led the Jewish people to Israel. God's time is the best and his will be done. God bless the Biafrans.
Re: Discussing Some Fogetten Heroes Of Biafra by omoba4real: 7:58am On Jul 06, 2015
[size=14pt]You can buy great collection of books on The Nigerian Civil War from www.sunshinenigeria.com[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Buhari Will Fail Nigerians More Than GEJ If He Wins In 2015! / Buhari, Obj And Danjuma Are Biafra War Criminals. Where Is Amnasty Report? / Nigeria Now Earns $2bn Annually From Deep Offshore Production Sharing Contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.