Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,705 members, 7,840,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Peter Esele: The Man Who Failed To Wield His Sword - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Esele: The Man Who Failed To Wield His Sword (871 Views)

Video: "i Did Not Betray Nigerians" Peter Esele Tuc President / TUC President Peter Esele -Appointed To Board Of Pib / I Need Informaton On Mr Peter Esele, The Sec-general Of The Tuc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Esele: The Man Who Failed To Wield His Sword by JusticeEquity(m): 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Reading the news about Peter Esele of TUC warning President Jonathan not to remove subsidy makes me nervous. immediately questions ran through by veins:
1.Why didn't Peter Esele wield the sword when it was in his hands.
2.Why did Peter Esele joined few to accept the first subsidy cut?
3,Do you still believe in Esele's ability to stand for truth.?
For those who don't understand why these questions, I will remind your of the struggle that marked the begining of 2012, when the Federal Government uncannily raised PMS price from 65N/liter to 141N/Liter. Nigerian's were united to fight such action from the government. A common call by all was that government should return PMS price to 65N/liter.
Peter Esele (TUC) and Waheed Omar (NLC) were seen as pillars in the fight, Nigerians fasted and languished in agony during the strike action.
Unknowingly a change of plan was a place by the labour bodies, the two labour leader casted the hope on Nigerians into the ocean, the compromise reached was an increase in PMS to 97N/liter. The two leaders announced that Nationwide strike be suspended.
Many people wondered why the 2 leaders made such nasty agreement at the expense of the convenience of their members. Not long the reason was know to all, Peter Esele was rewarded for his role in aiding government aim, He was appointed into Subsidy Re-Investment Programme (SURE-P) board, it's obvious that such committee don't run on water, some goodies must have flown in for Esele.
Report submitted by the committee was rubbished by the FG and also recently Mr President said SURE-P is a failure. Indirectly, it's clear that the president referred to the people incharge of the SURE-P.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Today news has It that Peter Esele advice President
'' Keep your ‘dialogue’, Nigerians are already saying ‘No’ to Subsidy Removal'' Trade Union Congress (TUC) president, Peter Esele,has warned the Federal Government not to attempt a total removal of the subsidy on
petroleum products. Esele has also called on
President Goodluck Jonathan to build a framework that will improve security in the country. The TUC president made this call while fielding questions from journalists in Benin City, Edo State, on Sunday, shortly after receiving the African Role Model Award TV Show from the African Child Foundation. Commenting on the planned removal of fuel subsidy by the Federal Government, he said: “The president said he was consulting, that he was only going to remove fuel subsidy after his consultations with Nigerians. I hope that the consultation is not going to be a monologue, but with the way the consultation is going, I think the fillers are already showing that Nigerians are already saying no to removal of subsidy. “If he gets an emphatic ‘no’ and decided to go ahead, then whatever happens is his own business. He should also ensure that he carries out the end result of the consultation.”
Source: http://www.informationng.com/2013/03/keep-your-dialogue-nigerians-are-already-saying-no-to-subsidy-removal-tuc.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter[b]Reading the news about Peter Esele of TUC warning President Jonathan not to remove subsidy makes me nervous. immediately questions ran through by veins:
For those who don't understand why these questions, I will remind your of the struggle that marked the begining of 2012, when the Federal Government uncannily raised PMS price from 65N/liter to 141N/Liter. Nigerian's were united to fight such action from the government. A common call by all was that government should return PMS price to 65N/liter.
Peter Esele (TUC) and Waheed Omar (NLC) were seen as pillars in the fight, Nigerians fasted and languished in agony during the strike action.
Unknowingly a change of plan was a place by the labour bodies, the two labour leader casted the hope on Nigerians into the ocean, the compromise reached was an increase in PMS to 97N/liter. The two leaders announced that Nationwide strike be suspended.
Many people wondered why the 2 leaders made such nasty agreement at the expense of the convenience of their members. Not long the reason was know to all, Peter Esele was rewarded for his role in aiding government aim, He was appointed into Subsidy Re-Investment Programme (SURE-P) board, it's obvious that such committee don't run on water, some goodies must have flown in for Esele.
Report submitted by the committee was rubbished by the FG and also recently Mr President said SURE-P is a failure. Indirectly, it's clear that the president referred to the people incharge of the SURE-P.
'' Keep your ‘dialogue’, Nigerians are already saying ‘No’ to Subsidy Removal'' Trade Union Congress (TUC) president, Peter Esele,has warned the Federal Government not to attempt a total removal of the subsidy on
President Goodluck Jonathan to build a framework that will improve security in the country. The TUC president made this call while fielding questions from journalists in Benin City, Edo State, on Sunday, shortly after receiving the African Role Model Award TV Show from the African Child Foundation. Commenting on the planned removal of fuel subsidy by the Federal Government, he said: “The president said he was consulting, that he was only going to remove fuel subsidy after his consultations with Nigerians. I hope that the consultation is not going to be a monologue, but with the way the consultation is going, I think the fillers are already showing that Nigerians are already saying no to removal of subsidy. “If he gets an emphatic ‘no’ and decided to go ahead, then whatever happens is his own business. He should also ensure that he carries out the end result of the consultation.”
Source: http://www.informationng.com/2013/03/keep-your-dialogue-nigerians-are-already-saying-no-to-subsidy-removal-tuc.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter[/b]Reading the news about Peter Esele of TUC warning President Jonathan not to remove subsidy makes me nervous. immediately questions ran through by veins:
Source: http://www.informationng.com/2013/03/keep-your-dialogue-nigerians-are-already-saying-no-to-subsidy-removal-tuc.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Peter Esele: The Man Who Failed To Wield His Sword by OsunOriginal: 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
That guy called Esele is finished politically - he is another Bafyau already made.
Re: Peter Esele: The Man Who Failed To Wield His Sword by mkoabiola: 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
Dey are all big crooks.
Re: Peter Esele: The Man Who Failed To Wield His Sword by GenOrumov: 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
The man is a bombaclaat (hope I got the spelling correct?). I lost all the admiration I had for him when they initially held their ground only for them to collapse when it mattered most.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Gives Order For Amaechi's Impeachment Immediately - / Be Careful / Gov Amaechi Shuns Patience Jonathan’s Port Harcourt Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.