Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities (14787 Views)

Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva / South African Universities / University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities (2) (3) (4)

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by chilavet87: 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Whn we won AFCO, govt. N some wealhty individuals donated big big goodies 2 d payers. I fink UNIZIK students wu brought us pride deserve d goodies as well!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
NAU(UNIZIK) blood runs in my viens. We are d giant in education all over africa. I've missed my faculty(engineering) so badly. Greatest Gba!! Gba!!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Zonacom(m): 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
A proud zikite. University of the moment is what we call her. No wonder the school was the second most sought after unilag by jambites last year. So haters pls shut your mouth. With the present pace of development, i'm sure unizik will be among the best in africa come 2020

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Frankenstein: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: you are daft! Can't believe there are some people in this modern day that doesn't know the difference between used to and use to.
Just accept the correction. It's not a big deal.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Frankenstein: 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
Tolexander: you are daft! Can't believe there are some people in this modern day that doesn't know the difference between used to and use to.

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by noblechriss(m): 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
My almamata!!!.A place of learning and a citadel of knowledge! Great Zikites!!!

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Tinyemeka(m): 11:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Okija_juju: But that school is a shithole?! shocked shocked

I am very very surprised..

Yes. You are entitled to your opinion and quality of expression. Unarguably.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 11:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
agabaI23: It is not necessary. Is it? The point of the positions I gave is to tell you that your University comes behind those that participated and were still defeated by the lowly ranked UNIZIK. The fact that they are lowly ranked makes the victory more special to those concerned.

Serious KNOCK OUT. grin grin grin

Oya @Tolexander, reply na grin

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by kawkab: 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
It is so funny and sad the way we react to issues. A Nigerian university wins an award and some others are trying to trivialize it by saying that better schools did not participate in the competition. Some posters have even gone to the extent of tribalising the issue.

Unfortunately this is the mindset most Nigerians put up in most situation. When somebody does well we play it down solely because he is not from our tribe or part of the country. When a citizen gets involved in a criminal activity; his kinsmen comes to his defense no matter the gravity of the crime or offense committed.

We should grow up and live above this primordial sentiments. When a School does well whether it is Kebbi State University, Lagos state University, kano State University, UNILAG, UNN, OAU, ABU, we should all collectively celebrate it. No matter what it is we should celebrate with the school.

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Mkpotu(m): 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Am proud to be an alumnus of Great Unizik. Primus interparres!

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by survivor10(m): 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
Carinaflo: Greatest Giants!.............Great!
datz it!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by survivor10(m): 12:01am On Mar 28, 2013
bestview:

Because una go use politics, federal character and quota system to award marks to one amala university and another uni in the north that specilise on training boko students.

Now that Americans and other external bodies that conducted the test, the best has emerged from East as the university for Africa-UNIZIK of Africa
dats why UNIZIK DEPT OF MEDsurg has been shortchanged for several years nw. Once they need eastern school 4 d AKINKUGbe quiz, QUOTA system has to b followd(no need for meritocracy). And bright stdnts have been kept in d dark n QUOTA guys in d light~ QUOTA my foot~
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by chidike(m): 12:02am On Mar 28, 2013
Great Unizik!
Proud to have graduated from Unizik! Stayed at Nnedioranmma Hostel during my studies there!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 28, 2013
manny4life:

Don't worry, your secret is SAFE with me... grin grin
I can keep a secret. Just whisper whom she is to my ears, I think I know her too.
Unizik is my alma mater. Ilochi Okafor really transformed the school

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by gerrard1892: 12:46am On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.
naso.com
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Illiyahama: 1:33am On Mar 28, 2013
Unizik.......my solid alma mater. The one and only Illya Du Hama house of Bishops.

I hail.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by johnhack: 2:20am On Mar 28, 2013
well i dnt nid to be told abt d competition because d girl that representing unizik, and to represent nigeria and africa in d UK is my very good friend. Great gbosa

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by majomayo(m): 3:44am On Mar 28, 2013
wink
No Qualms:

Make I hear word abeg. All geoscience courses are tough in most schools. Congrats to Unizik and FUTA.

#Proudly Futarian

I thought nobody was gonna rep my alma mata... Congrats to Unizik n Futa.. No be small thing considering the faculty involved. Geosciences can so frustrate person as it almost did me but thank God say we comot there.
OAU - na past glory things jare... Nuffin for una again...

Greatest Futarian... wink
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by jay2k(m): 4:08am On Mar 28, 2013
sauer: The only reason this can be true is because some Ikemba was on the panel grin tongue
Unilag didn't win it? I don't believe the story. Source? cool
olodo,,na so u no go believe say u don grow...ie is if u ve grown shaaa..
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by 1miccza: 4:39am On Mar 28, 2013
Story!Even if OAU had taken part nuffin would have changed,you don't hold water any more. WORD!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by gbokukueba(m): 5:28am On Mar 28, 2013
That's the only thing we are good at just cramming to pass and not being able to make any thing good out of it kiss
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nuzo1(m): 5:31am On Mar 28, 2013
ESUT came 3rd in Nigeria to qualify for the competion.

So, its safe to say that the Greatest Esut came 4th in Africa. grin

Aluta Continua!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by politicalpastor: 5:35am On Mar 28, 2013
tspun: men i love dat sku. But wait o were south african day as dem fit say dem smart reach . congrat to my winner

wow, that was the school i tranfer from. great zikite. from UNIZIK NIGERIA to INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA. I.U.P. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN 2009-2010 . WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by true2god: 6:14am On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.
So funny a guy.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by true2god: 6:35am On Mar 28, 2013
bestview:

Because una go use politics, federal character and quota system to award marks to one amala university and another uni in the north that specilise on training boko students.

Now that Americans and other external bodies that conducted the test, the best has emerged from East as the university for Africa-UNIZIK of Africa
I totally agree with u. If this test was conducted in Nigeria the result might come thus:
first: OAU
second: UNILAG
third: UNILORIN
fourth: UNIBEN
fifth: IBADAN
sixth: UNIZIK
This is based on the simple response frm some nairalanders which represents the opinion of certain region in Naija.

Thats the problem with the Nigerian society, CORRUPTION AND TRIBALISM.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by crackhouse(m): 7:14am On Mar 28, 2013
SlyIg: My special shout out to all the Zikites in the house.
Great Zikites...
Long Live Prof. Egboka...
Long Live Unizik Lecturers...
Long Live SlyIg...
sheraaaap.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Kings77: 7:18am On Mar 28, 2013
Too bad for the 'PREMIER UNIVERSITY' with all the preparation and that Stupid OSINAWO boy sending every other student out of the seminar room, So this is what will befall you.
OSINAWO,LEARN TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE,JUST BECAUSE YOU JUST BACKED YOUR Ph.d DOES NOT MAKE BETTER THAN OTHERS.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by biggerincome: 7:29am On Mar 28, 2013
Torch1: AWKA — THE Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, has emerged winners of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Imperial Barrel Award competed by African universities.

The university came first, scoring 79.33 percent, while Helwan University, Egypt and the Federal University of Technology,Akure came second and third respectively.

Eight universities in Nigeria participated in the competition, including Federal University of Technology, Owerri; University of Lagos; University of Ilorin; Enugu State University of Science and Technology; Nnamdi Azikiwe University; Federal University of Technology, Akure; University of Ibadan and University of Calabar.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/unizik-wins-geo-sciences-competition-among-african-universities/

Well done UNIZIK, now that u are going to USA to represent africa in the world stage pls let your result be broadcasted when you come back aswell. The whole africa wants you to do it the same way you did it in africa stage.

Holumaiti gr8 futarian
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by cooldipo(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2013
Congratulations to Unizik! Worthy of note is the fact that FUTA emerged the winner of the Southern African Zone (preliminary round to the African Final) a day before and lead Unizik and others in qualifying for the final by 4%. It was not surprising to see many Uni present impressed with the showing; some promising to raise the bar like FUTA in subsequent years. Many were surprised to see Unizik carry then day having came in second with a difference of over 4% to FUTA just some hours before then. The final results read Unizik 79.33% Helwan Uni Egypt 78.87%. FUTA 78.33% Uni du Tunis 4th Unilag 5th. 1% difference between the first 3 looks more like abracadabra and the competition felt more like a selection thereafter cos Unizik were unable to
do justice to the questions the panel raised while their closest rival managed to put up some impressive showing in that division and other glitches in the course of their presentation. IBA is a laudable program which should be encouraged but the competition has to be standardised.....a situation where one of the organiser were telling one of the competing schools (FUTA) "sebi u have won it b4 now, let another win" before the winner emerge leaves one with a bad taste; let alone the fact that Unizik was allegedly lead by a high powered team lead by their VC's wife whose daughter stayed till the end of the program. If the organiser get to read this, I will like them to know that they need to take the competition to the next level, first by doing accreditation where competing schools will send in their list of presenters before the programme with their curriculum vitae which can be vetted before and during the competition. This is necessary to prevent situations whereby school present a mixed team of undergraduate and post graduate for a competition that is solely for Petroleum Geoscience post graduate only; such anomaly was reported within the Unizik camp though unofficially. Another thing worthy of note is the composition of the panel; it will be better if each zone in Africa is represented on the panel unlike this year where all were Nigerian except for the 2 expatriates. I hope you won't see this as the ranting of an ant.....take the plus and see how you can find a way around the minus......you are doing a great job......IBA forever!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by slimbruced(m): 8:03am On Mar 28, 2013
kamdyjenny: Woooowwww!!! So pround to be a Zikite...sori a Gaint coz I jst graduated. Nd funny enouf faculty of geo sciences is a new faculty

They are no longer under faculty of Natural sciences?Well good to know.Congrats on your graduation.Im also a giant from the dept of geological sciences too.Congrats to all great giants out there..
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: can you provide the link to the qualification? Will be very glad!
do u want to die over dis dey are nt qualified simple!

See A Funny Answer From An SS 1 Student To His English Teacher On "Register" / ASUU Strike: NSCDC Begins 7-day Fasting, Prayers / Afe Babalola Rejects 120 Cut-off Mark For Nigerian Universities