Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities (14789 Views)

Rebecca Chinyelu-Chukwuanukwu (UNIZIK) Wins Unesco Prize In Geneva / South African Universities / University Of Ibadan Wins Zain Competition For African Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by fdiva(f): 8:11am On Mar 28, 2013
boron10:
Do you have a job now? That is the main koko
Nony has answered that question for me. I can even employ you if u desire
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by bestview: 8:11am On Mar 28, 2013
cooldipo: Congratulations to Unizik! Worthy of note is the fact that FUTA emerged the winner of the Southern African Zone (preliminary round to the African Final) a day before and lead Unizik and others in qualifying for the final by 4%. It was not surprising to see many Uni present impressed with the showing; some promising to raise the bar like FUTA in subsequent years. Many were surprised to see Unizik carry then day having came in second with a difference of over 4% to FUTA just some hours before then. The final results read Unizik 79.33% Helwan Uni Egypt 78.87%. FUTA 78.33% Uni du Tunis 4th Unilag 5th. 1% difference between the first 3 looks more like abracadabra and the competition felt more like a selection thereafter cos Unizik were unable to
do justice to the questions the panel raised while their closest rival managed to put up some impressive showing in that division and other glitches in the course of their presentation. IBA is a laudable program which should be encouraged but the competition has to be standardised.....a situation where one of the organiser were telling one of the competing schools (FUTA) "sebi u have won it b4 now, let another win" before the winner emerge leaves one with a bad taste; let alone the fact that Unizik was allegedly lead by a high powered team lead by their VC's wife whose daughter stayed till the end of the program. If the organiser get to read this, I will like them to know that they need to take the competition to the next level, first by doing accreditation where competing schools will send in their list of presenters before the programme with their curriculum vitae which can be vetted before and during the competition. This is necessary to prevent situations whereby school present a mixed team of undergraduate and post graduate for a competition that is solely for Petroleum Geoscience post graduate only; such anomaly was reported within the Unizik camp though unofficially. Another thing worthy of note is the composition of the panel; it will be better if each zone in Africa is represented on the panel unlike this year where all were Nigerian except for the 2 expatriates. I hope you won't see this as the ranting of an ant.....take the plus and see how you can find a way around the minus......you are doing a great job......IBA forever!

Where did you get all these crap? Well yet another crap and scab from another amala infested from the rural state of oshun.

Tell your SW unis to study sciences instead of devoting time in juju and water goddess studies in there unis.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 28, 2013
I AM SO PROUD cheesy
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by EagleNest(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.

Bros, it's now in record - for 2013 competition, UNIZIK is the winner in the whole of Africa! Whether OAU participated or Not, it doesnt matter.
But also learn how to celebrate with winners (who are not your enemies) because victory is infectious.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by EagleNest(m): 8:20am On Mar 28, 2013
true2god: I totally agree with u. If this test was conducted in Nigeria the result might come thus:
first: OAU
second: UNILAG
third: UNILORIN
fourth: UNIBEN
fifth: IBADAN
sixth: UNIZIK
This is based on the simple response frm some nairalanders which represents the opinion of certain region in Naija.

Thats the problem with the Nigerian society, CORRUPTION AND TRIBALISM.

Shameful! Just because it's SE university or what else? Why hate like this?

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by EagleNest(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2013
cooldipo: Congratulations to Unizik! Worthy of note is the fact that FUTA emerged the winner of the Southern African Zone (preliminary round to the African Final) a day before and lead Unizik and others in qualifying for the final by 4%. It was not surprising to see many Uni present impressed with the showing; some promising to raise the bar like FUTA in subsequent years. Many were surprised to see Unizik carry then day having came in second with a difference of over 4% to FUTA just some hours before then. The final results read Unizik 79.33% Helwan Uni Egypt 78.87%. FUTA 78.33% Uni du Tunis 4th Unilag 5th. 1% difference between the first 3 looks more like abracadabra and the competition felt more like a selection thereafter cos Unizik were unable to
do justice to the questions the panel raised while their closest rival managed to put up some impressive showing in that division and other glitches in the course of their presentation. IBA is a laudable program which should be encouraged but the competition has to be standardised.....a situation where one of the organiser were telling one of the competing schools (FUTA) "sebi u have won it b4 now, let another win" before the winner emerge leaves one with a bad taste; let alone the fact that Unizik was allegedly lead by a high powered team lead by their VC's wife whose daughter stayed till the end of the program. If the organiser get to read this, I will like them to know that they need to take the competition to the next level, first by doing accreditation where competing schools will send in their list of presenters before the programme with their curriculum vitae which can be vetted before and during the competition. This is necessary to prevent situations whereby school present a mixed team of undergraduate and post graduate for a competition that is solely for Petroleum Geoscience post graduate only; such anomaly was reported within the Unizik camp though unofficially. Another thing worthy of note is the composition of the panel; it will be better if each zone in Africa is represented on the panel unlike this year where all were Nigerian except for the 2 expatriates. I hope you won't see this as the ranting of an ant.....take the plus and see how you can find a way around the minus......you are doing a great job......IBA forever!
Dont worry so much. Learn from the big football matches, it is not always the highly rated that wins. UNIZIK is a silent thunder which have not been known so much outside SE until recently but even now in the whole of Africa.Their Geoscience department is good and the graduates are equally doing well in oil & gas sector. It's turn by turn, BROS. Next year it could be another university depending on how they compete and their resource persons.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 28, 2013
f diva: Nony has answered that question for me. I can even employ you if u desire
my sister don't mind all this bad belle people who don't know what we passed tru reading with candles and lanterns just τ̲̅ȍ graduate.Unizik has made Us proud and we shall enjoy this great achievement as there is more τ̲̅ȍ come!UNIZIk!!UNIZIK!!!UNIZIKiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Dancing Azonto)I'm so proud τ̲̅ȍ be a Zikite o! Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ o Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ o x2

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by skillz190(m): 9:21am On Mar 28, 2013
aryzgreat: Great Unizik!

Pride of the state and of our nation!

Fountain of Knowledge and of wisdom!

Source of our hope and confidence!

Where freedom through education we gain!

With reverence we honour you!

Our Unizik! Our Unizik!

where we learn Discipline, Self reliance and excellence!

Great Unizik! We do hail you! We do hail youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Greatest! Giants! Great!

Ur,xo,much,on,point,ma,broda!,i,rep,unizik.proudly,zikite

Am a proud alumnus of Graet Unizik!, Representing Wilderness faculty (Engineering). we rock! D uni of choice wia 5 yrs is spent for 5 yrs course without ASUU strike! Kudos ma alma mater!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by skillz190(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2013
Okija_juju: But that school is a shithole?! shocked shocked

I am very very surprised..
..ur,a,shithole,am,nt,surprised
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by cooldipo(m): 9:53am On Mar 28, 2013
Nuzo':
ESUT came 3rd in Nigeria to qualify for the competion.

So, its safe to say that the Greatest Esut came 4th in Africa. grin

Aluta Continua!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by cooldipo(m): 9:56am On Mar 28, 2013
Nuzo':
ESUT came 3rd in Nigeria to qualify for the competion.

So, its safe to say that the Greatest Esut came 4th in Africa. grin

Aluta Continua!

That is not true sir! Esut didn't do quite as well as we all know they are capable of. They didn't come close to the first 3 Uni that qualified from Nigeria. Big ups to the guy from Esut as they put up a strong showing despite their many challenges. Truth is sacrosanct!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Ekowise(m): 9:58am On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: UNIZIK thank your star that OAU that use to be 2nd to none in Nigeria wasn't in the competition.
Honestly, you will be celebrating like Burkina Faso in the last edition of the nations' cup football tournament.

did OAU even qualify? Bad belle

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by edawg(m): 11:17am On Mar 28, 2013
angry

na ur papa hauz be shit_hole---BIG RAT
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by iszyboy(m): 11:20am On Mar 28, 2013
see wetin awolowo(founder of tribalism) afo nsi cause. i knw say anybody wey graduated 4rm dat skul go b lyk dia fada ike nsi. i rep UNIBEN

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 28, 2013
genlion: That is what happens were average schools go to a competition. u need thank your stars that Great ife was not in that competition. I can beat my chest that OAU geology student would have finished all the contestant even if the likes of oxford and cambrigde were there.A one man eye is a king in the midst of the blind.Greatest ife
Olugbogbon Ngbatikoya!!So becos I didn't give ‎u a job then ‎u come here and talk trash!‎u presented a 2.2 certificate from oau and someone in second year from Unizik who came for I.T beat ‎u hands down in d test! I suggest ‎u go τ̲̅ȍ Unizik for ur Msc τ̲̅ȍ better ur chances next time or better still go and have ur head checked!!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 28, 2013
Tolexander: you are daft! Can't believe there are some people in this modern day that doesn't know the difference between used to and use to.

@ Tolexander, Given your antecedents here, I am not surprised that you have resorted to insults. You seem very confident. I think you should bolster your confidence by checking a dictionary.

Please take a look at the bolded in your post. It is another grammatically wrong statement. The correct syntax is: people in this modern world that do not.

Up UNIZIK!!!!.

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
D issue is clear that Major federal Universities were established in d south,and even then Ibos were studying there and producing a lot of excellent students who were never mentioned but credit will go τ̲̅ȍ d school.But whenever a yoruba student excels,d name will be mentioned becos of the tribalistic nature of d system.And don't be suprised ‎​dat oau didn't compete for dis great award becos d students τ̲̅ȍ represent them were Ibos(Awo Politics).
But since d establishment of Eastern Universities,Ibos have been given a a true platform τ̲̅ȍ showcase such talents. now we go tru our own system of education.My younger sister back then in oau was denied a scholarship she passed very well while d yoruba students she beat were all honored with d scholarship,but glory be τ̲̅ȍ God she got an American scholarship and left d Gawddanm oau while I was being trained as a Giant in Unizik!!

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2013
true2god: I totally agree with u. If this test was conducted in Nigeria the result might come thus:
first: OAU
second: UNILAG
third: UNILORIN
fourth: UNIBEN
fifth: IBADAN
sixth: UNIZIK
This is based on the simple response frm some nairalanders which represents the opinion of certain region in Naija.

Thats the problem with the Nigerian society, CORRUPTION AND TRIBALISM.

Smoking is not good for your health, opinions or not, it's irrelevent, what matters is the QUALITY. Someone asked, SA University that participated, about fifty something spots higher than OAU in Africa's best FAILED to meet up but UNIZIK did, does that mean that SA University would have crushed them? grin grin grin

I will look for the person's comment so you shed more light on it. QUIT Smoking GANJA, not good for you

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Iykeponti(m): 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2013

Go look 4job pls! No let poverty wipe ur generation . lazy a*ss
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by true2god: 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
manny4life:

Smoking is not good for your health, opinions or not, it's irrelevent, what matters is the QUALITY. Someone asked, SA University that participated, about fifty something spots higher than OAU in Africa's best FAILED to meet up but UNIZIK did, does that mean that SA University would have crushed them? grin grin grin

I will look for the person's comment so you shed more light on it. QUIT Smoking GANJA, not good for you
Quit talkin as if u live in the UK. Are u not a Nigerian? Do u knw that most of the UNIZIK students dat made Nigeria proud would have all failed pricewaterhouse coopers executive trainees exams while their counterpert frm UNILAG would be sucessful (if the test is conducted by Nigerians)?

Stop talking as if u live in Vatican city and be truthful to ur self for once. The country is corrupt and we need a paradign shift to move forward.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by AmeLonRo(m): 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
Good for the students and the University. Its the reward of good work. God bless them.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by manny4life(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2013
true2god: Quit talkin as if u live in the UK. Are u not a Nigerian? Do u knw that most of the UNIZIK students dat made Nigeria proud would have all failed pricewaterhouse coopers executive trainees exams while their counterpert frm UNILAG would be sucessful (if the test is conducted by Nigerians)?

Stop talking as if u live in Vatican city and be truthful to ur self for once. The country is corrupt and we need a paradign shift to move forward.

Quit the GANJA you're on, it impairs the the brain...

What concerns me with PWC's trainee program?

Does it occur to you that some schools are good/better than others in a particular field than others...like some are better in Engineering while some are excellent for business? In that same Engineering, some do way better than the others?

For instance, in a business exam, Harvard Graduates are more likely to do better MIT grads, but in an Engineering standpoint, MIT takes the cake. In same Engineering, if you want Aerospace Engineering, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) takes the cake before MIT, did u know that?

My point, every school has their niche, so avoid this silly comparison. In other words, UNIZIK may be indeed better than all other schools in GEO-Sciences, as compared to other schools. It doesn't mean that UNIZIK is better in business courses. Get the difference. As for your Vatican illusion plus the corruption part, I really have no clue where you're driving at, if you're alluding to that UNIZIK bought their way to the award, you need some reality check.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Kezzy24(f): 2:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS to Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka,and to Federal University of Technology Akure for doing Nigeria proud.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Engineer96(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
Plz NLs,
I have a question. What was ESUT doing there? Were they expecting that they could win in the presence of UNIZIK, UNILAG, FUTA, etc or were they expecting magic?
Just to satisfy my curiosity.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by agabaI23(m): 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2013
The lady you call VCs wife is actually the VCs daughter who trained in Scotland. The team was lead by two lecturers Dr. Ben Odo a trailblazer who completed his PhD in two years and the lady you misidentified. Don't you think that using two undergrads in a competition meant for postgrads should be a disadvantage to the team? If you were trying to puncture their victory, that wouldn't be a good point that again lends credence to the quality of their undergrad curriculum. Don't forget that the VC is a hydrologist and would naturally strengthen his constituency.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by agabaI23(m): 11:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
Engineer96: Plz NLs,
I have a question. What was ESUT doing there? Were they expecting that they could win in the presence of UNIZIK, UNILAG, FUTA, etc or were they expecting magic?
Just to satisfy my curiosity.
One of the above.
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
All hail the Giants!!!!!we will always keep the banner flying!!!!
Re: UNIZIK Wins Geo-sciences Competition Among African Universities by biggerincome: 9:10am On Mar 29, 2013
UNIZIK u did well it wasn't easy, u actually knew ao success is being achieved in nigerian. You played your game and you played it well. But you have to realize that you are going to USA to represent africa. The same way you broadcasted your victory as african champion IBA 2013.
so also we are expecting your result spread when you come back from USA to compete with the rest of the world.
Holumaiti gr8 futarian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See A Funny Answer From An SS 1 Student To His English Teacher On "Register" / ASUU Strike: NSCDC Begins 7-day Fasting, Prayers / Afe Babalola Rejects 120 Cut-off Mark For Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.