Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,337 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month (56409 Views)

Airtel Unlimited Night Plan. / How To Make Whatsapp Free For Life Time , Get Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For L / Airtel Unlimited BBM Subscription On ANDROID At #300 For A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
exactly my thoughts as well.

ITbomb: Also offering free mobile TV, where are these people taking bandwidth from that they can't reduce the price of their bundled from 1.2k for 1gig to N100 per gig
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
airtel is good, i'm about to finish the 1GB N1,200 i subscribe to 4days ago, sending BSM to 440, watching my er22x Justice video lectures without blinking, even in redeem camp, mowe, now that the 1GB is about to finish with less than 30mb left, having it in mind that it's a blackberry subscription that i was using on my samsung galaxy, how do i reset the subcription after loading another N1,200 for another 1GB? since the duration time still over 25days, i need the reset code to enable new suscription, i wish the BCM to 440 is unlimited browsing on my samsung for N1,400
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by manny4life(m): 11:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
comm: Hope any of that won't end more staff in the labour market again

End job market kwa? No na, it shouldn't...
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 27, 2013
Thougt whatsapp was free
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by sheriffman(m): 12:08am On Mar 27, 2013
Send DEACTIVATE to 440,u will get a nsg saying u ve been deactivated.then u can resubscribe.Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by 1forall: 12:10am On Mar 27, 2013
May God punish IBB for destroying our education angry

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by MuyiGL: 12:12am On Mar 27, 2013
milehigh06: Thougt whatsapp was free

Yes it's free for one year. But internet access is not free is it? That's where the N100 per month comes in. As per if you pay N100 per month, you get access to use the internet for only whatsapp and nothing else. Clearer now?
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by bombay: 12:12am On Mar 27, 2013
You been ripped off whatsapp is free
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by lumeneng22: 12:14am On Mar 27, 2013
manny4life: Looks like the NCC Mobile Portability is kicking telecom providers to the nerve, everyone is about to seat up. grin grin grin

Competition is good and healthy for the economy, those who can't compete should bow out.
.Yes o brother, like Etisalat that cannot pay their security guards since february.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 27, 2013
[quote author=ITbomb]Also offering free mobile TV, where are these people taking bandwidth from that they can't reduce the price of their bundled from 1.2k for 1gig to N100 per gig[/quote

pls how would one get d mobile t.v
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 27, 2013
bombay: You been ripped off whatsapp is free

You're a big tym OLODO !!!

2 Likes

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by ige101(m): 12:29am On Mar 27, 2013
ZUBY77: Forgive my ignorance but i thought whatsapp was free

forgiven,its free but depends on your data account to function
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by mike404(m): 1:18am On Mar 27, 2013
Airtel network no dey work for magodo
embarassed
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 27, 2013
i don download d airtel t.v on.my android...dial *247#
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Princeofilorin(m): 1:39am On Mar 27, 2013
airtel is the best network.i use lyk 100GB monthly legally cool
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 27, 2013
I just spoke to Tunde, and Airtel customer care agent and he expalined the deal to me.

1. for just NGN100
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 27, 2013
I just spoke to Tunde, an Airtel customer care agent and he explained the deal to me.

1. for just NGN100 you can do everything you wish to with whatsapp and you wont be charged.
2. Even if you do not have a valid subscription plan on your line, you will still be able to use use whatsapp for the whole period of your subscription.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by ciphoenix: 1:46am On Mar 27, 2013
whatsapp already works FREE on MTN.

100 a week?
what about facebook?
whatsapp certainly isn't the only app you use.
so you pay that for whatsapp ( which happens to consume little data)
and also do your regular subscription for web surfing
and the likes.

so not impressive. doesn't make sense

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by puskin: 2:42am On Mar 27, 2013
Hmmm.....this has got me thinking. Dial a code and ur automatically activated to use whatsapp.

Why only whatsapp, why can't other apps make use of the code as well.

Therefore, this means that the code automatically opens the port whatsapp uses to transfer data.
If all the other apps that require data could be modded to use that same port, it then means I can welcome myself to..........

Hmmmm.......lemme put my theory to test.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by ciphoenix: 3:00am On Mar 27, 2013
puskin: Hmmm.....this has got me thinking. Dial a code and ur automatically activated to use whatsapp.

Why only whatsapp, why can't other apps make use of the code as well.

Therefore, this means that the code automatically opens the port whatsapp uses to transfer data.
If all the other apps that require data could be modded to use that same port, it then means I can welcome myself to..........

Hmmmm.......lemme put my theory to test.

airtel and their buggy record
won't be long before a tweak exploits it
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by eghosarita: 3:20am On Mar 27, 2013
ZUBY77: Forgive my ignorance but i thought whatsapp was free
when I saw it initially I asked same question but as read earlier comments and as soon as I read ur question I then understood what they meant, the 100 naira is for the internet service to be able to use the and not for the application.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by henry247(m): 5:11am On Mar 27, 2013
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Osyxcel(m): 5:24am On Mar 27, 2013
1forall: Of course it is free for the 1st year, and then $1 per year thereafter so I wonder why people are rejoicing over an obvious rip-off deal

moshoodn:

So you call a $1 payment a rip-off....

That's not up to #200 for a year.

Come to google play, you'll see apps not even as useful as whatsapp costing up to $16.

U misunderstood him, he meant that whatsapp payment is $1/year - which is not up to NGN200 - and Airtel wanna charge NGN100/mnth....so, d Airtel charge is a rip-off....

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by loswhite(m): 5:32am On Mar 27, 2013
a1solution: The mobile portability is useless since you can only migrate once in six months after filling many forms. I was thinking you can just dial a code and migrate to any network of your choice atleast every 30 days or less. They might as well make it so someone can migrate within 24 hours maybe for N500 or more to avoid the abuse of the system. Going from one point to another to fill form is a no go area for busy people like us.
in Ghana it is very easy to migrate plus it has been on 4 over a year nw
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by damatolnew: 5:33am On Mar 27, 2013
airtel must be mad for thinking i will only dedicate my phone to whatsapp! ! So if i want to browse d net or use another application dt requires internet connection wat will happen? ?
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Osyxcel(m): 5:35am On Mar 27, 2013
1forall: Of course it is free for the 1st year, and then $1 per year thereafter so I wonder why people are rejoicing over an obvious rip-off deal

omaigala: SIMPLE, just delete & re-download it after 1 year, you will get another year free.

They are so not dull U know....the days start counting the day U register with Ur number, no matter how many times U download....dis will only work if U download and register with another number.

BTW, I dn't think anybody enjoying d app shd av a reason to evade payment of a mere NGN165, after enjoying for a full 1year....

3 Likes

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 27, 2013
I get free 5mb from glo everyday so I whatsapp for free

1 Like

Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by bodmasfem(m): 6:41am On Mar 27, 2013
rafhell: I get free 5mb from glo everyday so I whatsapp for free

sorry, hw do u get that frm glo?
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Sike(m): 7:02am On Mar 27, 2013
Nothing is Free... Take it or leave it.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by Demdem(m): 7:03am On Mar 27, 2013
1forall:

Of course it is free for the 1st year, and then $1 per year thereafter so I wonder why people are rejoicing over an obvious rip-off deal

Been using Whatsapp for close to 2yrs now, haven't paid a dime.
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by ITbomb(m): 7:03am On Mar 27, 2013
1forall:

Of course it is free for the 1st year, and then $1 per year thereafter so I wonder why people are rejoicing over an obvious rip-off deal
You using someone's bandwidth to send messages so u must pay
Operamini is also free remember?
Re: Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month by ITbomb(m): 7:05am On Mar 27, 2013
Demdem:

Been using Whatsapp for close to 2yrs now, haven't paid a dime.
But you are paying for mb. Try using whatsapp when u have no mb and u will see ur credit flow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mtn & Glo Free Call Codes / Glo Reduces Data Volume / Kaduna GSM Village Launched By Governor El-Rufai (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.