Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,725 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome (14801 Views)

Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God / Are Burial Ceremonies Bible-Based Or Pagan? / Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 10:45am On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

For you to make such unfounded interpretations as fact, without any evidence is very illogical. The most you can say is that the Bible says 1+1=2, and tradition holds that 4-2=2, therefore I believe (your individual interpretation. Note: I cannot say the Bible states/teaches) x, y, and z. No where in the Bible does it say "Elijah was transported through earths atmosphere to another location on earth." Nor does the Bible state that "Elijah did not go to and live in the heavens where Jesus came from." These are all personal interpretations.

And yours is divine interpretations abi??.....and your theory of assumption stems from where??...from Jesus??.....your theory negates the basic truth that all have sinned and would experience death.......saying the likes of elijah,and enoch were assumed into heaven to live there is tantamount to saying that those men are more important than Jesus who died and was ressurected before his ascension..........

Elijah did not go to any heaven.....elijah was transferred to another location on earth........

Elijah experienced death and is in the ground awaiting reSsurection.......Jesus' words are so clear.....NO MAN has ascended into heaven....gulp in this basic truth....

Romans 5:14

##New International Version
(©2011)
Nevertheless, death reigned from
the time of Adam to the time of
Moses, even over those who did
not sin by breaking a command
, as
did Adam, who is a pattern of the
one to come.

##New Living Translation (©2007)
Still, everyone died--from the
time of Adam to the time of
Moses--even those who did not
disobey an explicit commandment
of God, as Adam did. Now Adam is
a symbol, a representation of
Christ, who was yet to come.

If you like exempt the likes of elijah and enoch from romans 5:14.......

Or you can as well assume elijah died in the heavens he was assumed into....angry.......

Once again Jesus is correct while you and your ilks are WRONG.....
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 10:45am On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel:

Can you explain this short YouTube below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mz9RNfZ12Y

The hype and scare tactics are unneeded.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 10:48am On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

My statement has not been declared heresy by any church. But to believe that saints and others who die in God's favor are dead and have no interaction with God, is in fact heresy by all christian churches. You do right to say Jesus Christ is the first born from the dead.

If you too believe as ijawkid that Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth, please show me where scripture states as such.

Even after explaining the heavens you are still struggling to believe.......

Oya keep contradiciting Jesus and the rest of the scriptures..............
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 10:48am On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

And yours is divine interpretations abi??.....and your theory of assumption stems from where??...from Jesus??.....your theory negates the basic truth that all have sinned and would experience death.......saying the likes of elijah,and enoch were assumed into heaven to live there is tantamount to saying that those men are more important than Jesus who died and was ressurected before his ascension..........

Elijah did not go to any heaven.....elijah was transferred to another location on earth........

Elijah experienced death and is in the ground awaiting reSsurection.......Jesus' words are so clear.....NO MAN has ascended into heaven....gulp in this basic truth....

Romans 5:14

##New International Version
(©2011)
Nevertheless, death reigned from
the time of Adam to the time of
Moses, even over those who did
not sin by breaking a command
, as
did Adam, who is a pattern of the
one to come.

##New Living Translation (©2007)
Still, everyone died--from the
time of Adam to the time of
Moses--even those who did not
disobey an explicit commandment
of God, as Adam did. Now Adam is
a symbol, a representation of
Christ, who was yet to come.

If you like exempt the likes of elijah and enoch from romans 5:14.......

Or you can as well assume elijah died in the heavens he was assumed into....angry.......

Once again Jesus is correct while you and your ilks are WRONG.....

Did I say Enoch or Elijah did not die, so why divert the topic? Please, show me in the Bible where it states Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth. Thanks.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

The hype and scare tactics are unneeded.

Come to the real Jesus !
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 10:52am On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel:

Come to the real Jesus !

If you didn't know by now, Jesus Christ is my God. So, I am as close to him as one can be. Thanks.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

If you didn't know by now, Jesus Christ is my God. So, I am as close to him as one can be. Thanks.

what about the wafer god ? You know, the one that supposedly turns into the real Jesus each time you eat him, even though Jesus Christ has been offered ONCE and for all ?

and if you revere Jesus, why do you also pray to his mother and dead saints, something never commanded in the bible ?
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 11:12am On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

Did I say Enoch or Elijah did not die, so why divert the topic? Please, show me in the Bible where it states Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth. Thanks.

Where did they die??...where??.......in heaven abi??.....did they experience any ressurection ??.....
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 11:17am On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel:

what about the wafer god ? You know, the one that supposedly turns into the real Jesus each time you eat him, even though Jesus Christ has been offered ONCE and for all ?

John 6:53-59 states:

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Direct from Jesus' mouth.

and if you revere Jesus, why do you also pray to his mother and dead saints, something never commanded in the bible ?

Because the church teaches that those who die in God's favor are not dead, rather are alive, even more so. In addition, the church teaches that the prayers of a righteous man availith much. As such, we ask those who are in God's favor to pray for us through Jesus.

James 5:15 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Where did they die??...where??.......in heaven abi??.....did they experience any ressurection ??.....

I do not know...All I know is that Enoch and Elijah are with God, as the Bible states. Anything else is speculation.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

I do not know...All I know is that Enoch and Elijah are with God, as the Bible states. Anything else is speculation.

You see yourself..........they are not with God.......Jesus did not see them in heaven before descending....can't you just agree with that even if it is so hard for you??............

Keep lying to yourself and arguing with Jesus who came down from heaven.......
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

You see yourself..........they are not with God.......Jesus did not see them in heaven before descending....can't you just agree with that even if it is so hard for you??............

I cannot agree with your personal interpretation because it is contrary to scripture and tradition. I'm not arguing with Jesus, I'm disputing your claims, which you have yet to prove with evidence from scripture.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

I'll ask my question again. Where in the Bible does it say Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth? Thanks.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

I cannot agree with your personal interpretation because it is contrary to scripture and tradition. I'm not arguing with Jesus, I'm disputing your claims, which you have yet to prove with evidence from scripture.

What have I not proven??.........

let me re-quote the verse again.....

New International Version
(©2011)
As they were walking along and
talking together, suddenly a
chariot of fire and horses of fire
appeared and separated the two
of them, and Elijah went up to
heaven in a whirlwind.
Have I not from the scriptures explained wht the heaven there means.....you are programmed to believe that heaven must always mean where Gods abode(or where Jesus came from)...........we've also quoted from the scriptures that Elijah after that incidence wrote a letter to Jehoram,the king of Judah....all this,to prove that he was just simply transported to another location here on earth through the whirl wind......oya read am:::
2 Chronicles 21:12-15
New International Version (NIV)

12 Jehoram received a letter from Elijah the
prophet, which said:
“This is what the LORD, the God of your
father David, says: ‘You have not followed the
ways of your father Jehoshaphat or of Asa
king of Judah. 13 But you have followed the
ways of the kings of Israel, and you have led
Judah and the people of Jerusalem to
prostitute themselves, just as the house of
Ahab did. You have also murdered your own
brothers, members of your own family, men
who were better than you. 14 So now the
LORD is about to strike your people, your
sons, your wives and everything that is yours,
with a heavy blow. 15 You yourself will be very
ill with a lingering disease of the bowels, until
the disease causes your bowels to come out.’

.......coupled with the clear words of Jesus I just don't know how you stubbornly choose to stick to the shaky fact that elijah went to stay with God in heaven,there by contradiciting the whole bible and also the factual words of Jesus.....angry.........
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=Omenuko]

John 6:53-59 states:

Direct from Jesus' mouth.

Luke 22:19
19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

"23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes" - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26

First of all , eating the bread and drinking the wine was a way of :

1. Remembering the sacrifice of Jesus
2. Proclaiming his death

The Catholic church has demonically usurped this biblical position by insisting and wresting violently these precious truths to mean that Jesus Christ is called down from heaven , his body is eaten and his blood drank by the faithful. The implication is that he has to be sacrificed over and over again, the Priests also have more power than Christ because they actually can , by some miracle, change the bread into the actual Jesus.

This is the stuff of occultism and is demonic through and through , worshiping a wafer god is BLASPHEMY !!!

Because the church teaches that those who die in God's favor are not dead, rather are alive, even more so. In addition, the church teaches that the prayers of a righteous man availith much. As such, we ask those who are in God's favor to pray for us through Jesus.

I don't care what your 'church' teachers, I care what the bible says and how the Holy Spirit interprets scripture, as far as I am concerned your Pope is not my teacher.

The dead are dead, period.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

What have I not proven??.........

let me re-quote the verse again.....

New International Version
(©2011)
As they were walking along and
talking together, suddenly a
chariot of fire and horses of fire
appeared and separated the two
of them, and Elijah went up to
heaven in a whirlwind.
Have I not from the scriptures explained wht the heaven there means.....you are programmed to believe that heaven must always mean where Gods abode(or where Jesus came from)...........we've also quoted from the scriptures that Elijah after that incidence wrote a letter to Jehoram,the king of Judah....all this,to prove that he was just simply transported to another location here on earth through the whirl wind......oya read am:::
2 Chronicles 21:12-15

12 Jehoram received a letter from Elijah the
prophet, which said:
“This is what the LORD, the God of your
father David, says: ‘You have not followed the
ways of your father Jehoshaphat or of Asa
king of Judah. 13 But you have followed the
ways of the kings of Israel, and you have led
Judah and the people of Jerusalem to
prostitute themselves, just as the house of
Ahab did. You have also murdered your own
brothers, members of your own family, men
who were better than you. 14 So now the
LORD is about to strike your people, your
sons, your wives and everything that is yours,
with a heavy blow. 15 You yourself will be very
ill with a lingering disease of the bowels, until
the disease causes your bowels to come out.’

.......coupled with the clear words of Jesus I just don't know how you stubbornly choose to stick to the shaky fact that elijah went to stay with God in heaven,there by contradiciting the whole bible and also the factual words of Jesus.....angry.........

Why not say the Bible doesn't say Elijah was taken to heaven and then transported to earth. All this you are typing is speculation. I'll ask my question again. Where in the Bible does it say Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth? Thanks.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 1:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel

Luke 22:19
19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

"23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes" - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26

First of all , eating the bread and drinking the wine was a way of :

1. Remembering the sacrifice of Jesus
2. Proclaiming his death

The Catholic church has demonically usurped this biblical position by insisting and wresting violently these precious truths to mean that Jesus Christ is called down from heaven , his body is eaten and his blood drank by the faithful. The implication is that he has to be sacrificed over and over again, the Priests also have more power than Christ because they actually can , by some miracle, change the bread into the actual Jesus.

This is the stuff of occultism and is demonic through and through , worshiping a wafer god is BLASPHEMY !!!

I see through your clever tactic of not answering my question. Where in the Bible does it say Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth? Thanks.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
[size=15pt]"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man." - John 13:3[/size]

Romans obviously do not believe the bible smiley
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

I see through your clever tactic of not answering my question. Where in the Bible does it say Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth? Thanks.

I am not in the habit of repeating myself, go back a few comments and read my response to this same question wink
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by ijawkid(m): 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omenuko:

Why not say the Bible doesn't say Elijah was taken to heaven and then transported to earth. All this you are typing is speculation. I'll ask my question again. Where in the Bible does it say Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth? Thanks.

Now you say I'm speculating after going through those scriptures .............Elijah did not visit the heavens..he did not visit anybody or thing...Elijah simply was transfered through the atmosphere(the atmosphere a.k.a heaven in that verse was the medium of transportation ) .....can't you just understand this simple basic truth??.........like I said earlier keep contravening Jesus' words and the whole bible.........

My aim here is to stand by Jesus' words and the rest of the scriptures that says no man hath ascended into the heavens(where God resides)...I don't know what your aim is........
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Omenuko(m): 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Now you say I'm speculating after going through those scriptures .............Elijah did not visit the heavens..he did not visit anybody or thing...Elijah simply was transfered through the atmosphere(the atmosphere a.k.a heaven in that verse was the medium of transportation ) .....can't you just understand this simple basic truth??.........like I said earlier keep contravening Jesus' words and the whole bible.........

My aim here is to stand by Jesus' words and the rest of the scriptures that says no man hath ascended into the heavens(where God resides)...I don't know what your aim is........

You still have not done your job. Please, show me where in the Bible it says Elijah visited heaven and then was transported back to earth? Thanks.
Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by dokie: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel:

Can you explain this short YouTube below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mz9RNfZ12Y

frosbel, look i have been involved in arguments with people like you for many years and the Holy Spirit (who you think is maybe a wind or force rather than a person) has taught me not to argue with folks like you for it leads nowhere. so giving me a video to watch and explain its import to you is a waste of my time and a device of the devil against my focus on important spiritual issues. all.i want to point out to you is that you are being manipulated by the ideologies of a false prophet and i wish you could be free from their grip. many catholics have left the catholic church and many continue to leave out of choice. we believe in the intercession of the saints, the intercession of Mary, purgatory, papal infallibility, having images in the church, rosary, relics of the saints etc. we believe in these teachings. they may not be biblical and we agree still with them. the church has always maintained that everything in the bible is true but not everything that is true is in the bible for the church had existed for about 300 years before the bible. As such the church's teachings stem from tradition, the bible aswell as the magisterum. those whose faith cannot carry this truth have left to other churches. some have become better christians where they are today, no doubt about that, some have become atheists, some more confused due to the things they met in other denominations, and others have fallen into the hands of false prophets (like yourself) and are on thier way to damnation except they begin to apply common sense. either way, mother church remains steadfast in her teachings those that accept stay, those that cant leave, those that return are accepted with open arms and those that convert we rejoice about. we dont tell anyone that leaves that they will perish or that they are lost, we warn our people not to become victims of false prophets like your sect for they will lead them away into damnation.in terms of the many evils members of the church including past popes have committed against humanity in the past, the church has appologised and would continue to appologise as more are discovered. if the world has not forgiven the church, God has forgiven the church and continues to forgive its members when they err, even the pope sins and should askfor forgiveness. it might interest you to know that the church does not hide the fact that she has had bad popes in the past and does not rule out the possibility of having such in future, thats why the faithful are called on to pray earnestly that the Holy Spirit selects a leader for the church through the conclave, and even if a bad pope emerges, we trust in the most high God i accordance to his words that the gates of hell shall not prevail against the church. if you are confident in the falsehood of your false prophet, we catholics are confident not in the pope but in the person the pope is his vicar, Jesus Christ the son of God,beggotten not made, one in subtance with the father, God from God. we believe that God the Holy Spirit guides the church. if you know the Holy Spirit, you can inquire from him, if you don't have a relationship with him to the extent that you can communicate with him, i can only wish you good luck in your spiritual endeavors, for i cannot help you.

1 Like

Re: Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2013
dokie:
many catholics have left the catholic church and many continue to leave out of choice. we believe in the intercession of the saints, the intercession of Mary, purgatory, papal infallibility, having images in the church, rosary, relics of the saints etc. we believe in these teachings. they may not be biblical and we agree still with them. the church has always maintained that everything in the bible is true but not everything that is true is in the bible for the church had existed for about 300 years before the bible. As such the church's teachings stem from tradition, the bible aswell as the magisterum. those whose faith cannot carry this truth have left to other churches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? / Only A Fool Says There Is No God. / What If That Girl Sue Oyedepo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.