Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,533 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. (3289 Views)

Peter Obi Is Running For Senate / Calistus Obi Is Acting NIMASA DG / Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by ZUBY77(m): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
I was one of the major critics of Peter Obi and his style of investment but i must confess that the Man is trying well now. A lot of construction works going on on the roads in and around ONITSHA. Right from Ikemba Gate at the Bridge head to Upper Iweka. The construction work there has been finished, the street lights are being mounted. Popular Ezeiweka in Awada has been finished. They are now workiing the Oraifite street in Awada too. I am sure works are going on in Other places. Kudos to him.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
Any pix to support this theory bro... Kinda stale giving such reports without pictures
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by mrofficial2(m): 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
With pictures, you would save yourself at least 50 words. Please upload pics.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Rossikk(m): 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
This thread is useless without pictures.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by ZUBY77(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
I will get pictures
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Paschal007: 12:11am On Mar 28, 2013
I can't wait for that man's tenure to end. I dunno if the only thing he does is raise huge billboards of about to be constructed projects.

Smh. undecided
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by mike404(m): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2013
Zuby gosi anyi pics biko
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Afam4eva(m): 7:30am On Mar 28, 2013
We need pictures.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by billante(m): 7:51am On Mar 28, 2013
Why is it hard for some peeps to bring out their phones and take pics! Dats d easiest tin to do!

Zuby abeeg wats is d current state of work at the onitsha hotel and convention center? Peter obi said last yr it will be completed by dis month! Is it anywhere near completion? Dats if u stay near GRA
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 28, 2013
Oga upload pictures now, imagine i say governor of lagos govt is workin wont i make people believe me by seeing the pictures.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by ZUBY77(m): 10:27am On Mar 28, 2013
See as everybody dey shout pictures pictures!,
Una know whether na Nokia Torch i dey use?

Send me Samsung Galaxy 4 and i will even bring Peter Obi himself to you.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva: We need pictures.

Even with pictures you will still have negative things to say. The problem you have with Anambra is more than seeing development there. The state is moving with the speed of light. Again,Obi didn't come in to beautify the state like Chime and Rochas is doing,rather,the man has come to build infrastructures in all sectors and all parts of the state. Education is working which is the bedrock of human development. We are trying to at least make 50% of Anambra schools boarding. This will make students to be more focused. There are roads even in the remotest part of the state. Big organization are trooping in in numbers to invest in the state. There is sanity in Anambra governance. There is success in every sector of the state. Obi is a very wise man and God is with him because he want the best for the poor masses and his heart is pure. God has blessed Anambra and we will not surfer,again. I am not comparing Anambra with any state but Anambra is financially safe and we have the funds to execute every project we embark on and Anambra doesn't owe anybody a DIME! Omanbala di uso.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Afam4eva(m): 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

Even with pictures you will still have negative things to say. The problem you have with Anambra is more than seeing development there. The state is moving with the speed of light. Again,Obi didn't come in to beautify the state like Chime and Rochas is doing,rather,the man has come to build infrastructures in all sectors and all parts of the state. Education is working which is the bedrock of human development. We are trying to at least make 50% of Anambra schools boarding. This will make students to be more focused. There are roads even in the remotest part of the state. Big organization are trooping in in numbers to invest in the state. There is sanity in Anambra governance. There is success in every sector of the state. Obi is a very wise man and God is with him because he want the best for the poor masses and his heart is pure. God has blessed Anambra and we will not surfer,again. I am not comparing Anambra with any state but Anambra is financially safe and we have the funds to execute every project we embark on and Anambra doesn't owe anybody a DIME! Omanbala di uso.
I don't know why you have this warped thought that i hate Anambra. What reason will i have to do that? Some of you are just insecure that you attack anyone who questions anything concerned with your state. We still need pictures to see the truest situation of things on ground.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't know why you have this warped thought that i hate Anambra. What reason will i have to do that? Some of you are just insecure that you attack anyone who questions anything concerned with your state. We still need pictures to see the truest situation of things on ground.
The truth is that when you approach any issue with a biased mindset, it will be difficult to OBJECTIVELY assess or analyse that issue.

For you in particular, its not that you dont like Anambra state but the truth is that you dont like Peter Obi.

Personally, I'm impressed with what Peter Obi has been able to achieve in the state. In addition to what the governor was able to achieve with state funds, his rappore with the FG has attracted so much federal attention and funds to the state.

Nonetheless, those who have pictures of developments mentioned in this thread should post them.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Afam4eva(m): 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The truth is that when you approach any issue with a biased mindset, it will be difficult to OBJECTIVELY assess or analyse that issue.

For you in particular, its not that you dont like Anambra state but the truth is that you dont like Peter Obi.

Personally, I'm impressed with what Peter Obi has been able to achieve in the state. In addition to what the governor was able to achieve with state funds, his rappore with the FG has attracted so much federal attention and funds to the state.

Nonetheless, those who have pictures of developments mentioned in this thread should post them.
You have a point. But i don't hate Peter Obi. I only feel that he has not lived up to what i expected of him. But i noticed that he has lived up to the expectation of a lot of Ndi Anambra. Whether those expectations are minute or not is an issue for another day. I have higher hopes for Anambra state and i feel Peter Obi is just not that person to make it a reality. Though he has tried in his own capacity to bring some sanity to Anambra.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Proxytalk: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
Its worthy to mention that anambra state govt is currently doing (bridge head-amansea portion of onitsha enugu express) with agreement that the Fg will pay back the state later. my phone cant do copy and paste but if you goggle anambra to do the bracket words you get it. just yesterday i got news that the gov awarded contract for the constructn of igboukwu ekwurumiri rd at the cost of 700m. and that is the ist road const on the road since God created their earth pls let anambra ppl tell dia story
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Proxytalk: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
food for thourth on obis style of developement. when buildings are completed or had been completed you can refurbish and do painting, but when buildings are non existence u dont have biz with paints when you have concretes and rods to deal with
Again dividends of democracry is not for onitsha n awka alone though they can not deny it, but for every part of anambra and obi is giving it to everybody. We anambrarians that know more than awka n onitsha can attest to that.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by salam001(m): 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
Is it the same Onitsha that i visited last week or is there Another one?
Truth is Onitsha is still dirty and with the same bad road as it has always been,no improvement
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by IGBOSON1: 9:07pm On Mar 28, 2013
salam001: Is it the same Onitsha that i visited last week or is there Another one?
Truth is Onitsha is still dirty and with the same bad road as it has always been,no improvement

Afam4eva:
You have a point. But i don't hate Peter Obi. I only feel that he has not lived up to what i expected of him. But i noticed that he has lived up to the expectation of a lot of Ndi Anambra. Whether those expectations are minute or not is an issue for another day. I have higher hopes for Anambra state and i feel Peter Obi is just not that person to make it a reality. Though he has tried in his own capacity to bring some sanity to Anambra.

^^^I agree with both of you......but if Anambrans are happy with him (as seems to be the case ), then let's leave them alone. I've stopped getting high-blood pressure for that state, as i cannot be seen to weep more than the bereaved.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by Afam4eva(m): 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I agree with both of you......but if Anambrans are happy with him (as seems to be the case ), then let's leave them alone. I've stopped getting high-blood pressure for that state, as i cannot be seen to weep more than the bereaved.
I don't know if it's me or if it's Nigerians that don't think far. maybe i'm thinking too ahead of my time. I just feel a lot of things we call development in Nigeria are not just enough. The only way a country can grow is if the people in the country grow their expectations and dreams. We can't keep praising people for providing pipe borne water for decades when our mates have gone past that and are doing great and advanced stuff.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by asha80(m): 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2013
if we really want development in the real sense of the world as compared to some of our mates in other countries then i am afraid that we might have to have not less than 15 years unbroken years of 'benevolent dictatorship' because i really do not see our flawed democracy getting us there as fast as we might want.just as the asian tigers.the queston is are ready for it?
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by bestview: 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
salam001: Is it the same Onitsha that i visited last week or is there Another one?

You do not know where you visited. Maybe you were in your dreams thiking about your poor state of origin.

Onitsha has really changed for good starting with Headbridge which now has 8 lanes with lighting and beautification. ANSEPA is cleaning the city and entire state steady and as when due. Virtually all the roads in the city are being reconstructed.

With the berthing of Shoprite, 5star hotels and major investors in the city -Onitsha is reborn
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by billante(m): 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2013
bestview:

You do not know where you visited. Maybe you were in your dreams thiking about your poor state of origin.

Onitsha has really changed for good starting with Headbridge which now has 8 lanes with lighting and beautification. ANSEPA is cleaning the city and entire state steady and as when due. Virtually all the roads in the city are being reconstructed.

With the berthing of Shoprite, 5star hotels and major investors in the city -Onitsha is reborn

Dude go GRA snap d hotel shoprite pics make we see state of tins.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by bestview: 11:07pm On Mar 28, 2013
billante:

Dude go GRA snap d hotel shoprite pics make we see state of tins.

Am in Awka now, but I will in be in Onitsha on sat for Easter shopping. I will def cruise round GRA, Nkisi and Hilview areas to take pics.

The last dec I visited the site of the 5 star hotel it was around 75percent completed.
Meanwhile contractors has since embarked work on the massive Shoprite facility very close to the hotel all in the heart of GRA.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by salam001(m): 11:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
bestview:

keep deceiving your self,dummy
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by kasiem(m): 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nnewi north and south people are also greeting obi for d ongoing massive work. Also anambra state university road is now being repaved
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by kasiem(m): 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
salam001: keep deceiving your self,dummy
it's quite unfortunate that u are d one making urself risible here. Obi eribe moi moi ebe ika na afucha beans
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by salam001(m): 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
kasiem: it's quite unfortunate that u are d one making urself risible here. Obi eribe moi moi ebe ika na afucha beans
And you are?
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by kasiem(m): 11:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
salam001: And you are?
an enigma to u
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by kasiem(m): 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
Obi is coming to my town ezinifite - nnewi south to commission my papa road on tuesday, 2nd of april 2013.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by bestview: 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
kasiem: it's quite unfortunate that u are d one making urself risible here. Obi eribe moi moi ebe ika na afucha beans

Nwanne kedu ije? I go visit you for ANSU-Igbariam soon.

Pls don't mind that bastar/d son of a b!tch. He is quite incoherent. Maybe na all these people from one of those rural states.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by kasiem(m): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
bestview:

Nwanne kedu ije? I go visit you for ANSU-Igbariam soon.

Pls don't mind that bastar/d son of a b!tch. He is quite incoherent. Maybe na all these people from one of those rural states.
nwanne, onwerodi. Jam me at law faculty, rapu ndi ara sef.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaecom Global Builds New Branches In Umuahia And Owerri / Photos: 90-year-old Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe Tumbles At Harare Airport / Could This Be The Biggest Front Page Blunder Of 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.