Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,602 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. (3299 Views)

Peter Obi Is Running For Senate / Calistus Obi Is Acting NIMASA DG / Obi Is Yet To Find A Suitable Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by salam001(m): 12:01am On Mar 29, 2013
Lol,Discussing with yourself with your alternate monikers,mtcheew,go get a life,A real one
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by kasiem(m): 12:09am On Mar 29, 2013
salam001: Lol,Discussing with yourself with your alternate monikers,mtcheew,go get a life,A real one
guy, adam ekpo aja ororo with u. Ask about kasiem on this forum, maka gi iku aka na tipper nsi. Are u a learner?
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by backtosender: 2:04am On Mar 29, 2013
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/anambra-govt-spends-n80bn-on-700km-road/

Anambra Govt spends N80bn on 700km road
on MARCH 29, 2013 · in NEWS
12:10 am
Awka — Anambra State government said, yesterday, that it spent more than N80 billion on the construction of 700 kilometres of roads across the state in the last seven years.

The Commissioner for Works, Mr. Callistus Ilozumba, told the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, in Awka that the feat was recorded under Gov. Peter Obi’s administration.

Ilozumba said that the administration had undertaken the construction of more than 20 bridges within the period under review.

He said that the bridges included the three along Atani-Ozubulu Road, which cost about N4 billion.

Ilozumba said that the total distance and cost of the road projects covered some ongoing projects which, he assured, would all be completed before the end of the current administration.

“Gov. Peter Obi’s administration is responsible. It does not award contract for the sake of doing so without completing it.

“For every road project we flag-off, the money has already been made available,” Ilozumba said.

The commissioner said that the state government was currently negotiating for small mobile asphalt plants to assist the Anambra Road Maintenance Agency, ARMA, maintain the roads effectively.

“The government is also working round the clock to establish a laboratory where materials would be tested to ensure high quality of road projects,” Ilozumba said.

According to him, the governor has demonstrated that prudent management of scarce resources could produce tangible achievements without borrowing.

“In the past, there were a number of donor agencies in the state, who left for one reason or the other.

“But when they found out that there was reasonable transparency in Obi’s administration they came back,” he said.

Ilozumba said that the state government was still awaiting Federal Government’s approval to re-construct the Amansea-Amawbia and the Enugu-Onitshah express ways.

This, he said, was to give Awka, the state capital, a worthy status, as well as open up the state for more investment drive.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by manny4life(m): 2:44am On Mar 29, 2013
Wey the pictures na? I tire for OP, me sef wan see wetin do go on for Anambra..
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by quality01(m): 6:06am On Mar 29, 2013
bestview:

You do not know where you visited. Maybe you were in your dreams thiking about your poor state of origin.

Onitsha has really changed for good starting with Headbridge which now has 8 lanes with lighting and beautification. ANSEPA is cleaning the city and entire state steady and as when due. Virtually all the roads in the city are being reconstructed.

With the berthing of Shoprite, 5star hotels and major investors in the city -Onitsha is reborn
picture will convince us more because I totally doubt you.onitsha is synonymous to dirt.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:44am On Mar 29, 2013
Cut it off girls... grin
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by ZUBY77(m): 6:56am On Mar 29, 2013
I don't usually agree with bestview and chino on things concerning Anambra state but i am one person who says the truth whenever i see it.

From Onitsha headbridge all the way to Upper Iweka has 8 lanes now. It also have a clean service lane whch decongested the express way. Street lights are being mounted on them as we discuss this. I live in Asaba and shuttles to Onitsha on daily bases. So i know what i am talking about. A new road is also being constructed from housing estate to Ochanja through woliwo. This is a road that has been there forever but never worked on. Ask of Akunnia Njote and people will tell you.

What about the Nkpor Junction, a massive bridge just got finished there. That bridge has been going on since five years now. I initially thought it was FG project but today, the highway has 8 lanes too down to Old toll gate at Ogbunike....

Like i said earlier, Awada is getting a facelift. Ezeiweka has been finished and tared with very deep gutters. Oraifite is going on and Nwaziki will follow after.

Peter Obi is actually doing something now. I will surely get pictures but i usually drive past these places, so i can't just stop to take pictures while going for another business. I have gone to Enugu for Easter, i will make out time to take pictures when i return.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by mekaboy(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2013
THREAD CLOSED FOR LACK OF EVIDENCE.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by billante(m): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2013
ZUBY77: I don't usually agree with bestview and chino on things concerning Anambra state but i am one person who says the truth whenever i see it.

From Onitsha headbridge all the way to Upper Iweka has 8 lanes now. It also have a clean service lane whch decongested the express way. Street lights are being mounted on them as we discuss this. I live in Asaba and shuttles to Onitsha on daily bases. So i know what i am talking about. A new road is also being constructed from housing estate to Ochanja through woliwo. This is a road that has been there forever but never worked on. Ask of Akunnia Njote and people will tell you.

What about the Nkpor Junction, a massive bridge just got finished there. That bridge has been going on since five years now. I initially thought it was FG project but today, the highway has 8 lanes too down to Old toll gate at Ogbunike....

Like i said earlier, Awada is getting a facelift. Ezeiweka has been finished and tared with very deep gutters. Oraifite is going on and Nwaziki will follow after.

Peter Obi is actually doing something now. I will surely get pictures but i usually drive past these places, so i can't just stop to take pictures while going for another business. I have gone to Enugu for Easter, i will make out time to take pictures when i return.

You didn't talk about, From upper iweka flyover to zik roundabout and to nkpor flyover, it seems like those area are still left undone
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by EASTSIDAZ: 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2013
Pictures of Onitsha as at 2012. The major pride and economic hub of the East.

Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by achi4u(m): 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
asha 80: if we really want development in the real sense of the world as compared to some of our mates in other countries then i am afraid that we might have to have not less than 15 years unbroken years of 'benevolent dictatorship' because i really do not see our flawed democracy getting us there as fast as we might want.just as the asian tigers.the queston is are ready for it?
You are really making a point man.this democrazy is too slow to my liking.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by IGBOSON1: 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
ZUBY77: I don't usually agree with bestview and chino on things concerning Anambra state but i am one person who says the truth whenever i see it.

^^^Bia Azubuike, i've just about lost my patience with you! Why start a thread when you don't have 'evidence' to back up your assertions?......just plenty turenchi! Meanwhile Eastsidaz is busy posting pics we've seen a thousand times before.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by EASTSIDAZ: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Bia Azubuike, i've just about lost my patience with you! Why start a thread when you don't have 'evidence' to back up your assertions?......just plenty turenchi! Meanwhile Eastsidaz is busy posting pics we've seen a thousand times before.

Did you see the date I stated on my post? I post pictures of Onitsha as at 2012 to show some cynics that Onitsha now has good infrastructures and also clean with the help of ANSEPA.
Re: Peter Obi Is Doing A Good Job In Onitsha. by duke4ever: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
kasiem: Obi is coming to my town ezinifite - nnewi south to commission my papa road on tuesday, 2nd of april 2013.
Interesting to know you are from Nnewi South. Am from Osumenyi. Pls is it true that a Polytechnic by name Odimegwu Ojukwu Poly is to take foundation in Ezinifite?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nyanya Bombing: Interpol Unit Finally Arrives Home With Ogwuche ( Pixs) / IBB Sets To Expose Buhari Over Missing $2.8B Oil Money / Breaking: The Former Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Looses Bid In Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.