Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips (742 Views)

Nigeria Senators Squabble Over Call For Saraki’s Resignation / Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! / Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by payne4real(m): 10:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
A senator collects half a million naira as night allowance when he or she makes a local trip, it has been disclosed.

Central Bank Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi who made this revelation today on his Facebook page, also revealed that the same applies to members of lower parliament, the House of Representatives.

Sanusi also disclosed that his own allowance for a local trip per night is N25,000.
In the post, Sanusi lamented how the lawmakers made trouble for him when he made a case for the downward review of their outrageous allowances. He also called on Nigerian youths to rise and take their destiny into their hands. Said the Central Bank Governor:

“As the Governor of the CBN, I am only entitled to N25,000 per night for my local trips and our Senators and House of Reps Members are entitled to N500,000 per night for their local trips, I asked for the cutting down of their salaries and they all went against my policy.

My tenure expire in June 2014 and i want all Nigerians home and abroad to put all hands on deck to bring in someone that will surpass me and be able to take the financial matters of our great nation to the next step. Nigeria is not a country where one man can do it all, it is a collective effort and i use this medium to call on our youth from all works (O.P.C, NIGER-DELTA, THE BAKASSI BOYS, THE NORTHERN’S) To stand up and embrace the emancipation. Long live the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

http://legisreportsng.com/oddity-nigeria-senators-reps-pay-themselves-n-5m-per-night-for-local-trips-night-allowance-says-cbn-gov/
Re: Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by aminho(m): 11:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dis one na correct front page material
Re: Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:01am On Mar 28, 2013
As in Sanusi wrote this!
As in, truely, Senators/House of Reps they collect N500,000/Night ontop local trips!
#Fainted!
#Woke up... Looking for water to drink!
Re: Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by takedat(m): 12:19am On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by Bontee: 3:51am On Mar 28, 2013
This doesn't really add up in my opinion.
Re: Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by kelvincoll(m): 10:10am On Mar 28, 2013
My tenure expire in June 2014 and i want all Nigerians home and abroad to put all hands on deck to bring in someone that will surpass me and be able to take the financial matters of our great nation to the next step. Nigeria is not a country where one man can do it all, it is a collective effort and i use this medium to call on our youth from all works (O.P.C, NIGER-DELTA, THE BAKASSI BOYS, THE NORTHERN’S) To stand up and embrace the emancipation. Long live the Federal Republic Of Nigeria

Lamido Sanusi CBN Gov actually said?
As much as i share in his salary/wages cutdown of legistors campaign, the Bolded sounds scary cry,
Re: Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by tomakint: 11:04am On Mar 28, 2013
This is expected, our warped constitution encourages this; https://www.nairaland.com/1177509/legislooters-supposed-approve-own-salaries undecided
Re: Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by Walexz02(m): 11:16am On Mar 28, 2013
So they are the one paying themselves any amount they want??!?? And you wonder why politics in this country is do or die affear??
Nigeria needs something more powerful than this thieves....
Re: Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips by Iykopee(m): 11:42am On Mar 28, 2013
with this kinda development why wont nigerdelta youths embark on fuel bunkery and illegal refineries set-up? These legislathieves are setting the pace for others to follow suit..

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Deputy Governor Battles bosom Cancer / How Boko Haram Planned To Bomb Third Mainland Bridge / ................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.