Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips (13958 Views)

No Plan To Go Back On N5,000 Allowance To Jobless Youths – APC Insists / Buhari Reportedly Cuts Number Of Aides, Journalists For Foreign, Local Trips / Nigeria Senators, Reps Pay Themselves N.5m Per Night For Local Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Orpelin: 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2013
The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has revealed that he earns N25, 000 per night as incidental allowance on his trips within the country.
He said this in response to the request by a Lagos based lawyer, Bamidele Aturu, for details of his remuneration and expenditures in accordance with the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2011.

Mr Sanusi however failed to disclose his allowances for foreign trips as well as his full remuneration as he insisted that they were as approved by the Presidency.

But in a swift reaction, Mr Aturu said he was not satisfied with the CBN Governor’s response and insisted that he must reveal the full details of his earnings and allowances.

The lawyer noted that he planned to do a follow up on the request as it appeared that the CBN had misunderstood some of the questions.

Nonetheless, he commended the Governor for his response and said that it would encourage other public institutions to conduct their affairs transparently.

“We are impressed that the Governor is entitled to only N25, 000 as daily allowance when he travels within Nigeria. That is not excessive at all by Nigerian public officials’ standards and given his lofty position. However, it is a little troubling that while the Bank was willing to state the local daily allowance it refused to state what the Governor earns when he travels outside the country.

Mr Aturu, in a letter dated December 31, 2001 had requested that the CBN Governor provide information concerning recurrent expenditures for him and his office pursuant to Sections 1, 3 and 4 of the FOI Act 2011.

Mr Sanusi who responded through the CBN Legal Adviser/Director, Legal Services Department S. M. Onekutu said that, “The Governor’s remuneration is as stipulated by the Board and approved by Mr President in accordance with Section 8(3) of the CBN Act.

“Besides the governor’s emolument and indeed the emolument structure of the CBN is benchmarked against the banking industry as approved in the federal government’s white paper on the presidential committee on consolidation of emoluments in the Public Service.

“However, we are unable to release the details of the Governor’s salary and allowances as that information is already a subject of litigation in Suit No. FHC/L/CS/1016/2011: Uzoegwu F. O. C Vs CBN & HAGF. The matter is on appeal and it will be prejudicial to comment on it.”

Other requests bordered on allowances on foreign trips, whether the CBN owned aircraft, what classes of flight the governor travelled in when on official trips within and outside the country, how many cleaners, drivers are attached to the governor’s office and residence as well as how much imprest he collects monthly among others.

Mr Onekutu disclosed that the governor travels Business Class within the country and First Class outside Nigeria and added that Mr Sanusi had occasionally used chartered planes to travel within and outside the country as dictated by exigencies.

On how many drivers are attached to Mr Sanusi’s office and home he said “the governor’s official drivers are drawn from the pool of drivers in the Governor’s Department, and are sourced from the pool of drivers in the Governor’s Office Department on need basis. On number of cleaners, he said “the Bank (CBN), as a matter of policy does not employ cleaners, therefore, there are no cleaners attached to his office or home.

On monthly imprest he said “No monthly imprest is maintained by the Governor” Onekutu said and maintained that the Governor’s entitlement for foreign trips is as approved by the Federal Government.

Mr Aturu said, “We still expect the Governor to answer the question as he is in a position to know exactly what he earns and if he does not know he could have simply said so.

“We agree with the Bank that the time frame we gave, as required by law, was insufficient to calculate or sum up the amount spent on chartered flights within and outside Nigeria. To this end, we shall be doing a follow up and although we are required to give seven days, we promise the bank not to sue immediately until about 28 days after the follow up to give the bank added time to add up the figures.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/04/my-daily-travel-allowance-within-nigeria-is-n25-000-sanusi/
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Rhino5dm: 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2013

10 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by kulikuli26: 8:48am On Feb 04, 2013
I dont know of CBN but i know a parastatal whose DG is paid N20,000 allowance per night when on duty within Nigeria.The issue is bulk of their money dont come from this, infact they sometimes dont dwell on this, their majors come from contract and estacode.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Orpelin: 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
^
such parastatal is not a revenue cum regulatory agency as CBN I guess.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by jaso1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
WHICH WAS WHY BILLIONS NAIRA DISAPEAR WITHOUT BEING QUESTION, JUST TO COMPESATE YOU FOR YOUR SHORT PAYEMENT.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by wellmax(m): 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2013
IF the CBN is saying the truth, then there is nothing wrong with that amount. The MD is my company takes N50K for every night spent outside his Lagos home, and much more for foreign trips. But we no trust any government official.
BTW I'm not a fan of that Malam.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Morgan1092(m): 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2013
6th 2 comment <dancing 'Alingo'>
@Topic: What abt d billions of Naira dat re missing. Mek d talk tru joor.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Slizbeat(m): 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
Jehovah shocked, and what the Bleep has this got to do with the billions of naira disappearing?

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Mamaflex(f): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nigeria! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by iamswizz(m): 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
#Yamns

Now watching Django unchained

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by theripper2: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
Aboki, u can lie o. Tell ur almajiris dat outrageous lie.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Onlinebiz2012: 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
[img]http:///IcEtW[/img] Good for them [img]http:///IcEtW[/img]
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by YoursGEJ(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
una sure say na naira abi na dollar

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by lateef4me(m): 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Wetin concern agbero with overload ?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by movmentish(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
Table Leg :

What is your point? You fu...cking airhead ... tell me what is your point?
Better be worth it or else ............
Nigger u got fired from work today or wats irritating you Tell me are u peepz sharing the same father or TF u think you've got exclusive right over da F word? Nigga I can write an encyclopedia using only the F word....
Nairaland agbero like u,mumu,wawa,jaki,ode,anuhofia, tell me if your granma will beliv sls takes 25k per day when he travels insyd nigeria,kwasia.......**spits** no vex me oh!!!
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by andyolo(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
This 25K is someone else salary for 30 working days? Is this not injustice. Allah dey.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
N25,000 per night on travels is too meager for a Central bank governor, it should be increased. No Secure Hotel takes less than 45k per night nationally.

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by omarky(m): 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
And Sanusi wants me to believe dt he's not corrupt with this.......? Mi o ko ila o.......
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by crazygod(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
If the mallam is really earning 25k per night then 'Wizkid' is my dad. BTW, I'm older than wizkid. In order words, mallam I put it to u that U ARE A LIAR. (Show me your payslip)

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Orikinla(m): 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
N25, 000 is okay.
But for the governor of the apex bank, that is small.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
He is first public officer to respond to private queries by a citizen on FOI. Kudos.

I don't think we expect a CBN governor to be flying economy.

I hope he declares others too.

While I recognize that nobody can place 100% trust in another human, the Sanusi I know beyond public, I seriously doubt will enrich himself beyond his legitimate entitlements.

Kudos to Aturu too (another product of Great Ife students activism wink )).

7 Likes

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
N25k per night!! that is dirt cheap. try USD1000

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by hoochay: 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
op how do u expect me to readings all this storys,pls make una help me scan am
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by ijebabe: 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
If the amount of N25,000 is true then that's fair.

Public servants are not supposed to be millionaires but the way many officials fly around in private planes and the like is very wrong. If we had a transparent economy where people are held accountable for their actions then Nigeria would be a much better country today. They steal right in front of our faces without shame and we let them continue without action.

*Wait what section is this?* sad

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by kevoh(m): 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
I receive a meagre N12000 per night allowance (mostly 3 days trips) when I go on trips for maintenance/repairing of equipment around Nigeria for my Agency which is not even often.

I don't believe Sanusi, I think he collects way more than that if someone on my level earns 12k per night, then a governor should earn more than 25k per night.
#Just saying though I might be wrong.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by saved: 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
andyolo: This 25K is someone else salary for 30 working days? Is this not injustice. Allah dey.
:- Na so we see am oo. Only God can help the masses. But, na wah for NLanders that are saying the money should be increased. No problem, when "big men" are through with selling Nigeria, everybody will go to his father's village. Peace...
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Fabianoribhabor: 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
25k? Abbah malam talk true now, wetin sef? Una no go stop dis decent lies.
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2013
Jarus: He is first public officer to respond to private queries by a citizen on FOI. Kudos.

I don't think we expect a CBN governor to be flying economy.

I hope he declares others too.

While I recognize that nobody can place 100% trust in another human, the Sanusi I know beyond public, I seriously doubt will enrich himself beyond his legitimate entitlements.

Kudos to Aturu.

You are very predictable . . . Can you prove us wrong for once?
Re: Sanusi Receives N25,000 Allowance Daily For Local Trips by Pennywise(m): 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
Are we talking Naira here or dollars? B/c Lagos to Warri on economy is 33k the last time I checked.That is assuming he is not coming back from the oil city same day.

Was this intended to be a comic relief of some kind by the CBN Governor? If that is statutorily allocated what exactly then does he spend? Or does he get this amount whether he actually travels or not?

Bamidele already has enough to hang him on this alone bc the CBN gov is clearly trying to mislead the people through false, confusing or incomplete information.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patrick Akpobolokemi Threatens To Slap Female Reporter (video, Pic) / Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel / Ezekwesili Dances With Supporters After Withdrawal From Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.