Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (565319 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2014
Successdude:
just regd (all dot com) robotkompany and wearablecomputerz . what do you think about these, oga them. Thanks in advance
Hope ♈όϋ know these re just my opinions?
That I value a domain @ $0 doesn't mean its worth nothing.
robotkompany and wearablecomputerz, I wouldn't buy any of these for more than $10.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by EMERITUS85(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2014
I just registered newsstandngr.com wishing to sell it.

Intrested buyer should contact me
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Successdude(m): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2014
madridfc:

Hope ♈όϋ know these re just my opinions?
That I value a domain @ $0 doesn't mean its worth nothing.
robotkompany and wearablecomputerz, I wouldn't buy any of these for more than $10.
okay bro, thnks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Ali01: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2014
madridfc:
: brandable? Well =$0

= $0

: I can see one or two 'possible' buyers for this one via google, goodluck.
bro nawaoo anyway how much can the Airservicescompany.com go for?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2014
Successdude:
okay bro, thnks
uw.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Unique9: 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
EMERITUS85:

pls tell me meaning of the ngr added in your domain?

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
EMERITUS85:

Never buy a domain to sell to a Nigerian. Never!

For your own use, good. To resell, mba!

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Ali01: 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
oladayo042:
Never buy a domain to sell to a Nigerian. Never!

For your own use, good. To resell, mba!
hahaha lol bros u don finish us oo
but na true oo a nigerian can price ur domain for N1000 infact them no mind to hack ur email account u use to hijack ur domain. Hmm funny sha

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
Ali01:

hahaha lol bros u don finish us oo
but na true oo a nigerian can price ur domain for N1000 infact them no mind to hack ur email account u use to hijack ur domain. Hmm funny sha
Economic activities, most times, mirror the prosperity of the countries where the participants come from. Why do you think there are more Chinese buyers now? China is the world largest economy, according to IMF's PPP-Adjusted GDP in 2014. China is prosperous and its citizens can afford to buy domain names.

I'm not sure a Nigerian individual will shell out $5k for a domain. They will simply add something like 'NG' at the end and buy the dot com for $1.99.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
oladayo042:
Economic activities, most times, mirror the prosperity of the countries where the participants come from. Why do you think there are more Chinese buyers now? China is the world largest economy, according to IMF's PPP-Adjusted GDP in 2014. China is prosperous and its citizens can afford to buy domain names.

I'm not sure a Nigerian individual will shell out $5k for a domain. They will simply add something like 'NG' at the end and buy the dot com for $1.99.
Well, a 'Nigerian' once bought a domain for N50,000 from someone on this thread early this year.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
madridfc:

Well, a 'Nigerian' once bought a domain for N50,000 from someone on this thread early this year.
Care to share the name? Lagos APC? N50k was even around $300 then.

Anyway, I said a 'Nigerian individual', not an organization. Like a guy want to start a nutrition blog and buy NutritionBlog.com. Our guy here will rather handreg 'WhatYouNeedToKnowAboutYourNutrition grin.com'. Even for organizations, it is still a tall order.

I'll rather invest in names that can be bought by anybody in the world and not restrict myself to a particular country.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by guente02(m): 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
oladayo042:

Anyway, I said a 'Nigerian individual', not an organization. Like a guy want to start a nutrition blog and buy NutritionBlog.com. Our guy here will rather handreg 'WhatYouNeedToKnowAboutYourNutrition grin.com'. Even for organizations, it is still a tall order.

I'll rather invest in names that can be bought by anybody in the world and not restrict myself to a particular country.
If i just see your post here it means that I'm about to learn another thing in domain flipping.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
oladayo042:

I cnt recall the name, but I remember my share of the oyel money N5,000 cheesy . Twas an organization anyway.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
guente02:

If i just see your post here it means that I'm about to learn another thing in domain flipping.
True talk.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by EMERITUS85(m): 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Unique9:
pls tell me meaning of the ngr added in your domain?

Ngr means Nigeria

Check out Vanguardngr.com
Thats Vanguard news site

I guess this my domain is good for news publishers and bloogers.

Its a good domain name short and simple to pronounce
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
EMERITUS85:

Ngr means Nigeria

Check out Vanguardngr.com
Thats Vanguard news site

I guess this my domain is good for news publishers and bloogers.

Its a good domain name short and simple to pronounce
You started the small discussion I had with @madridfc

My advice: Don't hoodwink yourself to a particular country, especially a 'poor' country for that matter. Let your domains be as location-neutral as possible.

Apart from Vanguard, I am not sure there is another popular Nigerian website ending in 'NGR'. Most people end their domains with 'NG'. NG seems a more natural choice because the ccTLD for Nigeria is .NG E.g. SkyeBankNG.com, UnionBankNG.com, SterlingBankNG.com, InterswitchNG.com, etc. Why did they used NG instead of NGR? You should get my point now.

The only reason why Vanguard is doing well with that obviously poor choice of using 'NGR' is because they print that website (VanguardNGR.com) on over 200,000 copies of newspapers everyday and that has built it into people's consciousness.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by paulsir: 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
EMERITUS85:

grin grin cheesy wink smiley angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue cool shocked sad angry grin cheesy wink smiley grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by EMERITUS85(m): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
paulsir:

grin grin cheesy wink smiley angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue cool shocked sad angry grin cheesy wink smiley grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Whats funny
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Activityj(m): 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
oladayo042:
You started the small discussion I had with @madridfc

My advice: Don't hoodwink yourself to a particular country, especially a 'poor' country for that matter. Let your domains be as location-neutral as possible.

Apart from Vanguard, I am not sure there is another popular Nigerian website ending in 'NGR'. Most people end their domains with 'NG'. NG seems a more natural choice because the ccTLD for Nigeria is .NG E.g. SkyeBankNG.com, UnionBankNG.com, SterlingBankNG.com, InterswitchNG.com, etc. Why did they used NG instead of NGR? You should get my point now.

The only reason why Vanguard is doing well with that obviously poor choice of using 'NGR' is because they print that website (VanguardNGR.com) on over 200,000 copies of newspapers everyday and that has built it into people's consciousness.
thanks dear for that fine explanation. Without vanguard quoting their website address daily, i don't think people can remember it off hand because their domain name is not good enough.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
madridfc:
I cnt recall the name, but I remember my share of the oyel money N5,000 cheesy . Twas an organization anyway.
I remember the time.

It's been confirmed that certain Nigerians are paying for domain names. Ola.mobi is probably owned by a Nigerian.

one nameproser sold a domain to a Nigerian.

P.S: so u chop from that domain money?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 6:36am On Dec 19, 2014
2sExy1:
I remember the time.

It's been confirmed that certain Nigerians are paying for domain names. Ola.mobi is probably owned by a Nigerian.

one nameproser sold a domain to a Nigerian.

P.S: so u chop from that domain money?
I read the thread of that NPer too. Those Nigerians that are paying good money for domains are most likely organizations, who can write off the amount as business expenses. Even at that, I will never buy a name ending in 'NGR' or 'NG' because it limits me severely, unless I want to use the name myself.

So you think a Nigerian brother will pay $15,000 just to get his first name in the dot mobi extension? Mba! "Ola.mobi was purchased by Olamobile Cyprus Limited whose website is at olamobile.com." - TheDomains
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 19, 2014
oladayo042:
I read the thread of that NPer too. Those Nigerians that are paying good money for domains are most likely organizations, who can write off the amount as business expenses. Even at that, I will never buy a name ending in 'NGR' or 'NG' because it limits me severely, unless I want to use the name myself.

So you think a Nigerian brother will pay $15,000 just to get his first name in the dot mobi extension? Mba! "Ola.mobi was purchased by Olamobile Cyprus Limited whose website is at olamobile.com." -.TheDomains
I know... But are you aware that Nigerians have establishments outside the country?

I am just musing
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by lovelyadeola(m): 9:59am On Dec 19, 2014
Here comes a new Ad classified site has wide
variety of location in respective of your State I dont
even believe my eyes when I saw my own area gan
gan on this dear sites with features of no charges
on the trade going on there... And the greatest
features here is that You can make money with this
site (which u can you msg me here to have the info)
So what are you waiting for Palz http:///7004
and start using this mind blowing platform today....
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by morett: 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
2sExy1:
backordered domain is simple.

When you register a domain name for 1 year duration. If by end of that 1 year you do not renew it, you would be alerted to renew. If however, you do not renew it and it is about to drop, I can place a back order if the name is very good.

Backorder is an auto registration method wherein you get hold of name before anyone does. It is often used for names that is very good and such names are rarely allowed to drop for safety reasons.

For instance EstateSoftware.com is a very good name and I knew that fact. I had to place a backorder because if I waited for it to drop, I will lose the chance of owning it.

True to my prediction, someone else placed a backorder for the same.

This brings us to the second part.

If you use Company A to backorder a name and I also use company A to back order same name, when Company A auto catch the name, you and i will be thrown into a bidding war for 3 days. The highest bidder will take the name.

That's how it works.

Will I get a refund if owner renews it?
And what is the difference btw Pre-release and Pending Delete?
Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2014
morett:

Will I get a refund if owner renews it?
And what is the difference btw Pre-release and Pending Delete?
Thanks.

use only services that catches domains before you pay for it.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by skoles007(m): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2014
madridfc:

I don't think this Ur domain is worth anything.
Good luck anyway.
tnks @least u reply us......It depends on d buyer bro
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by RothmasPop: 8:04am On Dec 21, 2014
Domain investors in the house pls Appraise this domain of mine GhollywoodMovies.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by skoles007(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
RothmasPop:
Domain investors in the house pls Appraise this domain of mine GhollywoodMovies.com
bros am not a guru yet o bt ask ursev wu u fit sell d domain to.
Ghana movies industry? dt is if dy dnt av a site already...#gudluck

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by RothmasPop: 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
skoles007:
bros am not a guru yet o bt ask ursev wu u fit sell d domain to.
Ghana movies industry? dt is if dy dnt av a site already...#gudluck
Lol Ok.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by morett: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
found an interesting thread on namepros
on some funny reactions by domainers.
have a read and loads of laughter.
I've found myself in some of these moods
LOL.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/domainers-in-action.828417/

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.