Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (566703 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by warrenweste(m): 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2016
EricLyon:
Yes, you can list on NamePros with a different price then you have somewhere else. Unlike the other marketplaces you mentioned that have fee's, NamePros is free, has no fee's, and does not charge a commission.

I hope that helps answer your questions

Eric Lyon? Namepros super moderator?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by warrenweste(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
uneeking:
Good Job so far, Expertix and others. Kudos to you all. But then, can anyone tell me what happened to our Chibenze and IykePromotions?

Iyke has a new thread In the business section while chibenze retired from active coaching cheesy..however page 252-322 has all the info u need from him u can also find him at namepros smiley

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by warrenweste(m): 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2016
Brightgem:
Hi. Pls how would one get paid shd there b an interested buyer or a sale through namepros. we knw our paypal wahala. I dnt hav my payoneer sorted yet. so how wil that go.

Don't rely on sales at namepros most buyers there are resellers looking to make a quick flip..except u have an outstanding domain name or 4digit .com or any other chip names u might not gt a good price at namepros..u can head to flippa and pay $9 for auction

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2016
talkportal:
Hi all, i am a newbie, as in correct one. though i have some little ideas about the domain flipping and i really have interest in it . please i will be glad if someone enlighten me more on the business. let me first share what i know on domain flipping; i can buy domain on godaddy and also i have to pack the domain then list it for sell on afternic, but i have question about the parcking part, please how do i go about this, and if i put it for sale on afternic do i have to pay or some commissions will be deducted after sales. thanks
successful parking simply means changing of your ddomain name servers. without changing it to your parking company's own, no adverts will be placed and no revenue will be generated. now this is how to do it; go to parking company of your choice, there are many of them. i use bodis and they pay on the 7th of EVERY new month. simply sign up and list your domains, after that, go back to your registrar to change the nameservers.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
dayjeee:
(Around september last year I registered a domain with the hope of making sales which could be a moral boosting for me as a newbie. I tried but all to no avail, I even sent a prospective buyer an email but did not get any reply. My inability to make sales sank my morale and I became silent. The domain name expired last month and I did not renew cos I thought I would be a waste of resources since am not making use of it. Howver I still love how domain business operates, but I want to ask, do u guys still make money buying and selling of domains?
that's why it's important to have the right information tools and strategies before investing in any online business. my recommdation is that you do more research even outside this thread. start with at least 4 rich keyworded domains that target end users and when you start seeing results it will encourage you to invest more. starting a low sale of $150 or $200 USD will really make you to put more effort.

regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dayjeee(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
iykepromotions:
that's why it's important to have the right information tools and strategies before investing in any online business. my recommdation is that you do more research even outside this thread. start with at least 4 rich keyworded domains that target end users and when you start seeing results it will encourage you to invest more. starting a low sale of $150 or $200 USD will really make you to put more effort.

regards
Thanks bro, I appreciate ur kind reply
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by talkportal: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
iykepromotions:
successful parking simply means changing of your ddomain name servers. without changing it to your parking company's own, no adverts will be placed and no revenue will be generated. now this is how to do it; go to parking company of your choice, there are many of them. i use bodis and they pay on the 7th of EVERY new month. simply sign up and list your domains, after that, go back to your registrar to change the nameservers.
thanks brother this is great, so i will find my registrar on that same parking coy- let say bodis- right? and let me try to synchronize my former knowledge with this; i will register/buy domain name on godaddy, then come to bodis to park the domain name and then go to sedo to put it for sale. right?
and please just another question which bank card have you used to complete payment on gdaddy in recent time. because i tried to use my uba debit card but, i couldnt complete the transaction. meanwhile i talked with the customer care line, the agent told me the error is from my cardholder not from their end. thank you again bro
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Brightgem(f): 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
warrenweste:

Don't rely on sales at namepros most buyers there are resellers looking to make a quick flip..except u have an outstanding domain name or 4digit .com or any other chip names u might not gt a good price at namepros..u can head to flippa and pay $9 for auction
Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2016
talkportal:
thanks brother this is great, so i will find my registrar on that same parking coy- let say bodis- right? and let me try to synchronize my former knowledge with this; i will register/buy domain name on godaddy, then come to bodis to park the domain name and then go to sedo to put it for sale. right?
and please just another question which bank card have you used to complete payment on gdaddy in recent time. because i tried to use my uba debit card but, i couldnt complete the transaction. meanwhile i talked with the customer c .....
on your 2nd question Gtbank cards works fine. i use it however if you don't have a gtbank card, contact your current bank for Advice or other alternative. as i wrote earlier after adding your domains @ a parking company, go back to your registrar ie where you bought the domain to change the nameservers. once successfully changed, adverts will be placed allover the domain and it will look exactly like a website all within 24hrs.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by JoshMedia: 12:49am On Dec 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by techrom(m): 8:08am On Dec 20, 2016
Techrom invited you to his board and wants you to welcome as a member. Follow the link below to register for free: http://techrom.xobor.com/anmeldung.php

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by talkportal: 10:35am On Dec 20, 2016
iykepromotions:
on your 2nd question Gtbank cards works fine. i use it however if you don't have a gtbank card, contact your current bank for Advice or other alternative. as i wrote earlier after adding your domains @ a parking company, go back to your registrar ie where you bought the domain to change the nameservers. once successfully changed, adverts will be placed allover the domain and it will look exactly like a website all within 24hrs.
thank you br, your answers have enlightened me more on this topic, and i am grateful for your generosity and please if it wont appears like i am disturbing i am still unclear about changing the nameservers on the registrar, i.e godaddy, how can i do this on godaddy, is it straightforward like clicking on a link or it is more technical than that.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by leunamme93(m): 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
talkportal:
thank you br, your answers have enlightened me more on this topic, and i am grateful for your generosity and please if it wont appears like i am disturbing i am still unclear about changing the nameservers on the registrar, i.e godaddy, how can i do this on godaddy, is it straightforward like clicking on a link or it is more technical than that.

Follow This Steps:
1. Log in to your GD account
2. Click on the top right that shows you your username
3. Click on my Product
4. Click on Domains
5. Click on Manage DNS on the domain you want to change its NameServer
6. Scroll down to NameServers; Change from Default to Custom.
7. Type in the NameServer of whichever company you want to use, remember you'll be using to 2 nameservers i.e NS1.Company.com NS2.Company.com

I hope this helps.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
talkportal:
you have the answers already courtesy of leunamme93 and it won't take you less than 2 minutes to update. Try it out and let me know if you have any challenge in the process.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by talkportal: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
leunamme93:

Follow This Steps:
1. Log in to your GD account
2. Click on the top right that shows you your username
3. Click on my Product
4. Click on Domains
5. Click on Manage DNS on the domain you want to change its NameServer
6. Scroll down to NameServers; Change from Default to Custom.
7. Type in the NameServer of whichever company you want to use, remember you'll be using to 2 nameservers i.e NS1.Company.com NS2.Company.com

I hope this helps.
gbam! bro this did not just help this over help. i mean you just basically spoon fed me on how to go about it. and i appreciate this.i will get this 2 nameservers from {let say sedo} immediately i list my domain on that sedo right. once again thanks bro.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by talkportal: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
iykepromotions:
you have the answers already courtesy of leunamme93 and it won't take you less than 2 minutes to update. Try it out and let me know if you have any challenge in the process.

yes you are right , leunamme93 did justice to my query, and i am glad you willing to address my questions, bro i really appreciate it.
as per the payment i told you about yesterday i am still unable to resolve it. as you advised i have used gtb card but the card too was rejected. now i am confuse because i want to register a domain name at least to get a practical knowledge. so bro if you know of any other measure to approach or if you or any other person can help me with the payment while i transfer the money to person account. thanks bro
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
talkportal:

yes you are right , leunamme93 did justice to my query, and i am glad you willing to address my questions, bro i really appreciate it.
as per the payment i told you about yesterday i am still unable to resolve it. as you advised i have used gtb card but the card too was rejected. now i am confuse because i want to register a domain name at least to get a practical knowledge. so bro if you know of any other measure to approach or if you or any other person can help me with the payment while i transfer the money to person account. thanks bro
don't transfer any money to anybody's account, you already have the one of the basic tool which is a card eligible for international transactions. Gtbank cards are working fine. make sure you have enough funds in your bank account or call the number at the back of your card for immediate assistance. you can equally try domainking.ng, a Nigerian Domain registrar though price competition is highly different.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by talkportal: 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
iykepromotions:
don't transfer any money to anybody's account, you already have the one of the basic tool which is a card eligible for international transactions. Gtbank cards are working fine. make sure you have enough funds in your bank account or call the number at the back of your card for immediate assistance. you can equally try domainking.ng, a Nigerian Domain registrar though price competition is highly different.

ok sharp, i buy this. but this domainking.ng if i buy from them can i equally list on sedo or other site like that for sales?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
talkportal:

ok sharp, i buy this. but this domainking.ng if i buy from them can i equally list on sedo or other site like that for sales?
yes sir, remember domain name is a digital product not physical.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by talkportal: 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
iykepromotions:
yes sir, remember domain name is a digital product not physical.

i just checked the domainking out now and all the extension are way expensive except for the .xyz, i intend to get this .xyz ext since i am just putting the training into practice now. would you advise i do that? the GD just gave me serious trouble, though i am ready to open account with any bank that i can use its card for the transaction.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 1:57am On Dec 21, 2016
talkportal:

i just checked the domainking out now and all the extension are way expensive except for the .xyz, i intend to get this .xyz ext since i am just putting the training into practice now. would you advise i do that? the GD just gave me serious trouble, though i am ready to open account with any bank that i can use its card for the transaction.
concentrate on .coms for now. it sells faster and have more commercial benefit more than any other extension.

NB; Not just any .com is valuable, focus on rich keworded domain, short in character and widely searched with a good CPC. (cost per click) This can easily be sold within a short period and you can always repeat or stock up more.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by talkportal: 9:49am On Dec 21, 2016
iykepromotions:
concentrate on .coms for now. it sells faster and have more commercial benefit more than any other extension.

NB; Not just any .com is valuable, focus on rich keworded domain, short in character and widely searched with a good CPC. (cost per click) This can easily be sold within a short period and you can always repeat or stock up more.

ok i will take this advice. but i wish i can make payment on GD
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by talkportal: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2016
iykepromotions:

now i have registered with bodis, and to park my domain name, i believe i will click on add domain on the page. please can you walk me through the technicalities.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Smyblueboy(m): 10:41am On Dec 21, 2016
hmmm according toghe title of this post its the simplest... well, I have been trying it since 2014 and have not made any sale. probably am not good at this yet its one biz I'd love to make money from
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by uneeking(m): 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
iykepromotions:

regards
Welcome Back Oga IykePromotions. Let no one frustrate the good job you are doing here. Can you please give me Legal Wealth's link? Or can you handle a transfer of Twenty Payoneer Dollars for me?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
uneeking:

Welcome Back Oga IykePromotions. Let no one frustrate the good job you are doing here. Can you please give me Legal Wealth's link? Or can you handle a transfer of Twenty Payoneer Dollars for me?

Ijamexchange.com is his website, go there and register your account and go to his whatsapp +2348091833866 and chart with him. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 22, 2016
buy imocarnival.com and .net for a promo token almost free for more info check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imo_Carnival and call 08182481552 or whatsapp
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2016
HsLBroker:
buy imocarnival.com and .net for a promo token almost free for more info check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imo_Carnival and call 08182481552 or whatsapp

Congratulations for having this valuable domain. But however, I hope you are not thinking of selling the name, because Nigerians hardly buy domain names. The best you can do on this domain is to use.it for the festival blog and get adsense placed on it and work hard tobrank it before it is too late. I f you can get it ranked, may be next year you can start making some token on the site.

If you intend to buy domain name for sales, it is better to buy names that are very useful for obodo oyinbo people.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by warrenweste(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2016
Smyblueboy:
hmmm according toghe title of this post its the simplest... well, I have been trying it since 2014 and have not made any sale. probably am not good at this yet its one biz I'd love to make money from

Since 2014, ke?, you are surely not doing something right yet..buy iykes domain guide and let him.tutor you.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Smyblueboy(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2016
warrenweste:

Since 2014, ke?, you are surely not doing something right yet..buy iykes domain guide and let him.tutor you.
okayyi but how much
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by warrenweste(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2016
Smyblueboy:

okayyi but how much

Quote or send him.a pm he will let u know.. You can also read the whole thread if u create time for it..
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
expertix:

Congratulations for having this valuable domain. But however, I hope you are not thinking of selling the name, because Nigerians hardly buy domain names. The best you can do on this domain is to use.it for the festival blog and get adsense placed on it and work hard tobrank it before it is too late. I f you can get it ranked, may be next year you can start making some token on the site.

If you intend to buy domain name for sales, it is better to buy names that are very useful for obodo oyinbo people.
Cheers.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.