Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! (5726 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! / Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2013
I'm smiling to myself as I'm typing, I know I'm going to get a lot of insults thrown on me (again) after this, as is typical of most nairalanders,
they allow sentiment overshadow their abilities to reason rationally, but still I have to share this with u, jesus, one of the most popular names in the world, and a son of God and a God to christians, who was he? Is there any factual evidence that he existed? Was he the son of God who came in human form? Or was he a jewish magician? These are questions that have plagued historians for hundreds of years, the search to uncover the identity of the historical jesus has caused a lot of sleepless nights for many historians and archaeologists, apart from the holy bible jesus was only mentioned by one jewish scholar named flavius josephus, and historians have come out openly to disregard the works of josephus, citing inconsistency in his writings, and it is accepted that josephus was a creation of the early church created to give credence the story of jesus,

But let's focus on the bible, there are four gospels in the new testament that talk about jesus, and bible scholars agree that the gospel of mark is the oldest and the rest gospels were copied from the gospel of mark, and the gospel of mark does'nt see jesus as a messiah, rather the gospel of mark talks about jesus as merely a man, a prophet of God, who believed that he was not good, that only God was good,and also the other forgeries of mathew, luke and john, all give different accounts of the birth of jesus, and none of them give any specifics about his birth, with these scriptures giving contradicting accounts of the birth and death of jesus, Who was jesus then?

The similarities between jesus and many other deities from other religions is very worrying, with all of them sharing the same dates of births, to the same or similar style of death, and all of them rising up on the 3rd day to save their people, over 15 of them, share these similarities with jesus, this brings a lot of questions about the authenticity of the historical jesus, was jesus a compassionate man, NO, why, u might ask? Because he supported slavery, and no God or son of God would ever support such a horrible act, he even went as far as telling his followers how to treat their slaves, (luke 12 v 47) and he said that if you were not ready to hate your brother, then u were not ready to follow him, he also said that he did not come to bring peace, that he came with the sword, to set brother against sister, and father against mother, no wonder since his supposed death and resurrection the world has seen twice as much suffering and violence before he came, the catholic church killed millions of innocent people in his name, the catholic church put the world in a terrible place in history known as the dark ages, this man's supposed death has caused the world millions of lives, people are suffering more everyday since he was allegedly killed, and the world has been put in darkness since then,

thank God for science, if not for science I wonder where we would all be by now, christians all over the world are celebrating his supposed death and ressurection, but really they should reflect on their history and see how much pain this mythical character has caused mankind.

The links below explain more about the similarities between the biblical jesus and other deities, they also show errancies of the gospels, I hope u find them insightful.

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124572693

www.philvaz.com/apologetics/ShreddingTheGospels.htm

2 Likes

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 29, 2013
Jesus is LORD.

7 Likes

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 29, 2013
@op: Could you edit the OP? It doesn't make smooth reading for the eyes.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 11:30am On Mar 29, 2013
musKeeto: @op: Could you edit the OP? It doesn't make smooth reading for the eyes.
I don't understand muskeeto
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by premlove(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2013
U are nt normal i can bet my life on dat
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2013
prem love: U are nt normal i can bet my life on dat
I agree with u that I'm not normal, cos no normal person would reason the way I do,

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by ezme(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
bolaino: I don't understand muskeeto

He meant you could put it in paragraphs and make it more attractive to read. I also would like for you to list the 15 other deities who have similarities with Jesus and what religion they represent. As for the allegations of the character of Jesus not befitting that of a son of God, you cam back that up with bible verses so you don't come out to be like someone making spurious claims.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by ezme(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
bolaino: I agree with u that I'm not normal, cos no normal person would reason the way I do,

I actually think you are normal, you just have an inspired mind which is making you ask questions. I can bet you were formerly a Christian. If you can make your argument better worded essay, highlighting names and making references, time and dates and three independent links to articles that support your argument. No rational mind would call you mad, its only a Christian reaction to call you mad or say its the devil speaking through you. So OP do the needful and then we can have an organised debate.

2 Likes

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
Eh, @op, paragraph that post of yours. My eyes can't handle it. Produce your points in bullets.

I'll answer you when you do. As it is, it's kinda impossible for me to read your post.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
Ihedinobi: Eh, @op, paragraph that post of yours. My eyes can't handle it. Produce your points in bullets.

I'll answer you when you do. As it is, it's kinda impossible for me to read your post.
I've done the editing,
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by ersparkle(f): 12:00am On Mar 30, 2013
@ op, just discovered this recentlymyself and right now, am still in a state of shock, to think i've belived a lie all these yrs! How could generations of pple be so easily fooled? Anyway, glad i finally know d truth.
My sincere advice to all xtians; think and ask urself, why do i believe what i believe? reason, think, use ur head, God gave u a brain to think, thinking is not a sin/crime. Don't believe anyone that tells u not to think tins over in the name of faith, that's a recepee for disaster. For those interested in hearing more of these truths, go to youtube and search for dr ray hagins,you'll be blown away by the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 5:54am On Mar 30, 2013
ersparkle: @ op, just discovered this recentlymyself and right now, am still in a state of shock, to think i've belived a lie all these yrs! How could generations of pple be so easily fooled? Anyway, glad i finally know d truth.
My sincere advice to all xtians; think and ask urself, why do i believe what i believe? reason, think, use ur head, God gave u a brain to think, thinking is not a sin/crime. Don't believe anyone that tells u not to think tins over in the name of faith, that's a recepee for disaster. For those interested in hearing more of these truths, go to youtube and search for dr ray hagins,you'll be blown away by the truth.
it gives me great joy when I see people finally embracing the truth about religion, you're welcome to the freethinking community my good man, but a word of advice, there are lots of atheists with crazy ideas and philosophies floating about, so be careful what u embrace at this your early stage of freethinking, but either way, you're on the right path my good man, welcome to the conclave,
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by ezme(m): 9:48am On Mar 30, 2013
I need you to support your claims with website links, make it more detailed. Enumerate names take your time to do all these then we would not accuse you of making spurious claims

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 11:51am On Mar 30, 2013
www.infidels.org/library/modern/paul_carlson/nt_contradictions.html

www.evilbible.com/contradictions.htm

listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/

The links above explain further on the similarities between jesus and other deities, and other biblical contradictions
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2013
ezme: I need you to support your claims with website links, make it more detailed. Enumerate names take your time to do all these then we would not accuse you of making spurious claims
I've given links to help explain my views further,
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by ezme(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
bolaino: I've given links to help explain my views further,

I'm lookiing at the/your claims, I will come back with a position when I'm done.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by wazobiaforu(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
Omo mhen!!! Those sites na die

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
wazobia_for_u: Omo mhen!!! Those sites na die

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
mann, there are many more bad sites that will wow u mann, it's just that it's kinda difficult posting the links to these sites,
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
bolaino: I'm smiling to myself as I'm typing, I know I'm going to get a lot of insults thrown on me (again) after this, as is typical of most nairalanders,
they allow sentiment overshadow their abilities to reason rationally, but still I have to share this with u, jesus, one of the most popular names in the world, and a son of God and a God to christians, who was he? Is there any factual evidence that he existed? Was he the son of God who came in human form? Or was he a jewish magician? These are questions that have plagued historians for hundreds of years, the search to uncover the identity of the historical jesus has caused a lot of sleepless nights for many historians and archaeologists, apart from the holy bible jesus was only mentioned by one jewish scholar named flavius josephus, and historians have come out openly to disregard the works of josephus, citing inconsistency in his writings, and it is accepted that josephus was a creation of the early church created to give credence the story of jesus,

Name the historians that 'disregarded' Josephus's works and provide excerpts of their theses debunking his writings.

Who accepts the claim that Josephus was a creation of the early church? Where did they say that they did?

But let's focus on the bible, there are four gospels in the new testament that talk about jesus, and bible scholars agree that the gospel of mark is the oldest and the rest gospels were copied from the gospel of mark, and the gospel of mark does'nt see jesus as a messiah, rather the gospel of mark talks about jesus as merely a man, a prophet of God, who believed that he was not good, that only God was good,and also the other forgeries of mathew, luke and john, all give different accounts of the birth of jesus, and none of them give any specifics about his birth, with these scriptures giving contradicting accounts of the birth and death of jesus, Who was jesus then?

Name some of the 'Bible scholars' that hold such a view and cite where they denounced the other three Gospels as copies of the Gospel of Mark.

Show how the Gospel of Mark holds Jesus as something less than the Messiah, not least how it holds that Jesus didn't think He was good.

Finally, how do the Gospels contradict each other in their accounts of Jesus's birth?

The similarities between jesus and many other deities from other religions is very worrying, with all of them sharing the same dates of births, to the same or similar style of death, and all of them rising up on the 3rd day to save their people, over 15 of them, share these similarities with jesus, this brings a lot of questions about the authenticity of the historical jesus,

Show these similarities. What deities? And how are they similar to Jesus? And how do such similarities raise questions about the authenticity of the historical Jesus?

was jesus a compassionate man, NO, why, u might ask? Because he supported slavery, and no God or son of God would ever support such a horrible act, he even went as far as telling his followers how to treat their slaves, (luke 12 v 47)

How do you know what God or the son of God would support or not support?

and he said that if you were not ready to hate your brother, then u were not ready to follow him, he also said that he did not come to bring peace, that he came with the sword, to set brother against sister, and father against mother, no wonder since his supposed death and resurrection the world has seen twice as much suffering and violence before he came, the catholic church killed millions of innocent people in his name, the catholic church put the world in a terrible place in history known as the dark ages, this man's supposed death has caused the world millions of lives, people are suffering more everyday since he was allegedly killed, and the world has been put in darkness since then,

What if the Death of Jesus somehow only took away the pretence in man and forced evil to show its face so that it can be destroyed?

thank God for science, if not for science I wonder where we would all be by now, christians all over the world are celebrating his supposed death and ressurection, but really they should reflect on their history and see how much pain this mythical character has caused mankind.

What point did you intend to make mentioning science?

What pain has Jesus caused?

How did you establish that Jesus was a mythical character?

Do you realize that it is a conteadiction to say that a mythical character did this or that or that something could be attributed to it?

Some of the above questions have been asked in my responses to your claims above, so you need not answer them again here.

The links below explain more about the similarities between the biblical jesus and other deities, they also show errancies of the gospels, I hope u find them insightful.

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124572693

www.philvaz.com/apologetics/ShreddingTheGospels.htm

We'll worry about the links later after you have shown what kind of grasp you have on the issues you've raised.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by seyibrown(f): 5:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
@ OP;

Congratulations, and good luck! cool
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 12:50am On Mar 31, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Name the historians that 'disregarded' Josephus's works and provide excerpts of their theses debunking his writings.

Who accepts the claim that Josephus was a creation of the early church? Where did they say that they did?

Name some of the 'Bible scholars' that hold such a view and cite where they denounced the other three Gospels as copies of the Gospel of Mark.

Show how the Gospel of Mark holds Jesus as something less than the Messiah, not least how it holds that Jesus didn't think He was good.

Finally, how do the Gospels contradict each other in their accounts of Jesus's birth?

Show these similarities. What deities? And how are they similar to Jesus? And how do such similarities raise questions about the authenticity of the historical Jesus?

How do you know what God or the son of God would support or not support?

What if the Death of Jesus somehow only took away the pretence in man and forced evil to show its face so that it can be destroyed?

What point did you intend to make mentioning science?

What pain has Jesus caused?

How did you establish that Jesus was a mythical character?

Do you realize that it is a conteadiction to say that a mythical character did this or that or that something could be attributed to it?

Some of the above questions have been asked in my responses to your claims above, so you need not answer them again here.

We'll worry about the links later after you have shown what kind of grasp you have on the issues you've raised.
thank you for taking your time to go through this thread, I'll try my best to answer your questions, but one thing that seems to be clear is that u've already taken a stance on this issue, and no matter what I say or try to prove, your faith won't shake, and I don't have the strenth to do that, but atleast I owe u the courtesy of explaining myself further since I have come to disproof the existence of your God/son
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Vansnickers: 1:18am On Mar 31, 2013
ezme:

He meant you could put it in paragraphs and make it more attractive to read. I also would like for you to list the 15 other deities who have similarities with Jesus and what religion they represent. As for the allegations of the character of Jesus not befitting that of a son of God, you cam back that up with bible verses so you don't come out to be like someone making spurious claims.

Horus, Krishna.

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by ezme(m): 3:13am On Mar 31, 2013
Van snickers:

Horus, Krishna.

Really I thought the doctrine of a virgin birth was unique to just Jesus Christ. I bet many Christians believe so too.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Image123(m): 11:39am On Mar 31, 2013
Thread title ought to be "Spurious claims of a fellow smiling to himself as he is typing".
And according to your reasoning, counterfeit 1000notes means the original 1000naira note is counterfeit. Jesus is the original legal tender anywhere anyday 2013 years and counting. He's alive.

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
bolaino: thank you for taking your time to go through this thread, I'll try my best to answer your questions, but one thing that seems to be clear is that u've already taken a stance on this issue, and no matter what I say or try to prove, your faith won't shake, and I don't have the strenth to do that, but atleast I owe u the courtesy of explaining myself further since I have come to disproof the existence of your God/son

It's too early to cop out, son. smiley I'm sure freethinkers know what critical thinkers are. Critical thinkers don't swallow unsubstantiated or unverified claims. You see, I know, being one myself smiley

Now, do get to work and prove that there's something in all those claims you made. Then we'll know you deserve the attention you're asking for.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
@ihedino
hi bros this answer you gave should be the basis of why i am celebrating easter.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
bolaino: thank you for taking your time to go through this thread, I'll try my best to answer your questions, but one thing that seems to be clear is that u've already taken a stance on this issue, and no matter what I say or try to prove, your faith won't shake, and I don't have the strenth to do that, but atleast I owe u the courtesy of explaining myself further since I have come to disproof the existence of your God/son
nice view from you, just as you have taken a position contrary to the Person of Christ so you must expect a position of those that stand for Him [Pp]. Op hope you are bringing a new angle to the debate? @Ihedinobi points are itemise points for discussion.

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
hisblud: @ihedino hi bros this answer you gave should be the basis of why i am celebrating easter.

It is, my brother.
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Abrahamweb(m): 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2013
download books by david icke,read them well
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by bolaino(m): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
Abrahamweb: download books by david icke,read them well
hmmm, david icke is the best conspiracy theorist, but he takes everything too far, with the reptilian bloodline and babylonian brotherhood,
Re: The Ugly Truth About Jesus!!! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
@bolaino >was it all conspiracy theories that caused your belief to be cemented on assumed "pseudo-god" christians worship?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / If Hell Is Real,then We Are All Doomed For It.(its In The Bible)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.