Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494220 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Recs(m): 10:10pm On May 10, 2015
ORGANIC PLUS FERTILIZER (water Soluble)

Property and General Advantages:

The product which contains multiple small molecules of amino acids, peptides, chelates and their chelates with trace elements is a kind of natural NUTRITIONS for plants. It is non-poisonous, non-toxic and safe for the environment, which provides plants (vegetables, fruit trees, flowers and crops, e.t.c) with various nutrients.

Benefits:

Promotes the growth of plant roots, stems and leaves.
Improves the quality and flavor of the harvestable parts of crops significantly.
Enhances the drought resistance, infertility resistance, diseases and insect pests resistance of plants.
Helps the seeds germinate faster and stronger.
Improves soil structure and enhances the bioactivity of the soil.

Shelf Life: 24 Months
Suggested Use: Dilute into 1:1000 solution
Caution: Keep at room temperature. Avoid direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.
Endorsed by Nanjing Green Sky Biotechnology co., LTD

For SALES ORDERS & Business Opportunity, please contact:

www.greenworld.com.ng/fertilizer
Suite 215 B, DBM Plaza,
Wuse, Zone 1, Abuja.
Green World Website for Products.
http://greenworldhealthcare.
http://greenworldfctabuja..com/
http://greenworldhealthcar..com

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 10:29pm On May 10, 2015
adebajo11:
I salute everybody for this thread oo .. please where can I get formalin in Lagos and how much dem dey sell am.

Thanks to all.

cant remember xactly bt wit 1500 u should get @ least 5ltrs
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 1:01am On May 11, 2015
With a grief heart I wana announce that johneeyessence sold his fish at a loss, I tried to ask what went wrong because I personally monitored the fishes. He sold the fishes for #480 per kg and made #84,000 from 500 fishes and the lowest fish was around 600grms and the highest weighed upto 2.2kg. So how come the loss??

What I deduce is that the buyer played a fast game on him by using their own scale to weigh the fishes thereby cheating him on the weight of the fishes, he had his own scale but allowed the buyers to use theirs..There is no how those fishes I saw would weigh 300grms that will warrant a sale of #84k . Lets say the fishes weighed 300grms that means they are mélange and no buyer will want to buy mélange for #480 per kg presently.

I am so pained because after 5 months of nurturing them with his time and hard earned money, some dubious scalawag will still cheat him off his profit. The deed has been done all we can do is to encourage him, and learn from the mistake.

As a fish farmer during harvest NEVER allow the buyers use their own scale for weighing.

www.agricnetwork.com

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 1:03am On May 11, 2015
Tundiano:
Pls I want to own a fish farm too....pls enlighten me on which course to study #federal university of agric abeokuta pls
My bro you can study fisheries.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 1:04am On May 11, 2015
adebajo11:
I salute everybody for this thread oo .. please where can I get formalin in Lagos and how much dem dey sell am.

Thanks to all.
Poultry support agege, its opposite the abattoir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:20am On May 11, 2015
@ dkings 101 we are here to assist one another, if you don't understand some stuff kindly as and we will be glad to answer, more so When you commence construction of the hatchery we would love to see some pictures. Cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:51am On May 11, 2015
robonski16:

My boss, plz someone is encouraging me to rent a pond around ikorodu area of Lagos and it is an earthen pond...What's your take on this?...What's all the risks factor involved?...what's the success rate?...All other necessary cum important information will be appreciated...I hope to hire an experienced hand for sometime based on your recommendation before going solo...thanks Sir...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 1:53am On May 11, 2015
robonski16:
With a grief heart I wana announce that johneeyessence sold his fish at a loss, I tried to ask what went wrong because I personally monitored the fishes. He sold the fishes for #480 per kg and made #84,000 from 500 fishes and the lowest fish was around 600grms and the highest weighed upto 2.2kg. So how come the loss??

What I deduce is that the buyer played a fast game on him by using their own scale to weigh the fishes thereby cheating him on the weight of the fishes, he had his own scale but allowed the buyers to use theirs..There is no how those fishes I saw would weigh 300grms that will warrant a sale of #84k . Lets say the fishes weighed 300grms that means they are mélange and no buyer will want to buy mélange for #480 per kg presently.

I am so pained because after 5 months of nurturing them with his time and hard earned money, some dubious scalawag will still cheat him off his profit. The deed has been done all we can do is to encourage him, and learn from the mistake.

As a fish farmer during harvest NEVER allow the buyers use their own scale for weighing.

www.agricnetwork.com
Thks for d advice bro it's been noted I will share my testimony of victory from d loss d Lord is my strength. Thks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:53am On May 11, 2015
Johnnyessence...sorry on your loss...tomorrow will be better...keep the spirit alive...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 6:02am On May 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Johnnyessence...sorry on your loss...tomorrow will be better...keep the spirit alive...
Thk u

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:46am On May 11, 2015
robonski16:

Poultry support agege, its opposite the abattoir.
Please @Robonski kindly give me the adress.

Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 7:49am On May 11, 2015
lesson learned. point taken. it happens in business. you win some you lose some. just make sure your losses are minimal and few while the gains are prevalent and significant.
robonski16:

www.agricnetwork.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by afroluxpaint: 10:06am On May 11, 2015
@adebanjo11 you can get formalin at any paint chemical dealer.go to ojota ul see them around
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 10:37am On May 11, 2015
robonski16:

www.agricnetwork.com
wat was d net weight of d fishes from calculation even if it was 500kg u should b talkin of 240k+
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aumoria(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2015
I plan spawning soon. Using broodstocks of not less than 1kg and given all other factors in the proccess are ideal, how many broodstocks do I need to achieve a minimum of 25000 (twenty five thousand) fingerlings?

I will appreciate suggestions. May God continue to richly bless you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dkings101(m): 1:39pm On May 11, 2015
robonski15:
@ dkings 101 we are here to assist one another, if you don't understand some stuff kindly as and we will be glad to answer, more so When you commence construction of the hatchery we would love to see some pictures. Cheers

Thanks my oga...I found this thread too late. This is my second farming season and wd be my 1 year in the business. In this second season, I realise I over stock my tanks with fishes (I used the rubber tanks). As such, I didn't know I would be spending more that expected on feeding. The fast growers are in a 4000 litre tank and they are like 150 weighing 700g to 1kg. I ve begin selling them off to bar for N550 per kg so I can raise money to rear like 500 pics of melange. I am planning selling off the juvenile and post.

Though I foresee me losing this season. Can I see buyer who would buy the melange which weigh abt 300g? If yes hw much is the market price per kg?

Hard lesson learnt bt I won't give up as u didn't give up after losing millions of naira...I would only rear what I can feed on my third farming and I hope to recuperate my loss.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2015
I think where robonski and other experienced fish farmers can help is giving an idea of growth via an average periodic analysis such that when you are off the mark you know there is something wrong and if you do better you can come tell us how you were able to manage the feat.

I suggest a simple record keeping analysis of "AGE; AVE. SIZE; AVE. FEED CONSUMPTION" across a six month period on a month by month basis.

could you guys help us with these simple analysis to help manage expectation and losses/profits?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tundiano(m): 2:17pm On May 11, 2015
robonski16:
And what about owning a poultry too ? Is dere any course dat combines d two
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

My boss, plz someone is encouraging me to rent a pond around ikorodu area of Lagos and it is an earthen pond...What's your take on this?...What's all the risks factor involved?...what's the success rate?...All other necessary cum important information will be appreciated...I hope to hire an experienced hand for sometime based on your recommendation before going solo...thanks Sir...
My oga, is the earthen pond flowthru or stagnant? Is the earthen pond bagged all round? Whats the size and the leasing rate. We would love to see some pictures also.

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:44pm On May 11, 2015
hisableplc:

wat was d net weight of d fishes from calculation even if it was 500kg u should b talkin of 240k+
with what I calculated their net weigh should be 470kg.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:50pm On May 11, 2015
aumoria:
I plan spawning soon. Using broodstocks of not less than 1kg and given all other factors in the proccess are ideal, how many broodstocks do I need to achieve a minimum of 25000 (twenty five thousand) fingerlings?

I will appreciate suggestions. May God continue to richly bless you.
Hello sir you can use one or two broodstock to achieve 25,000 fingerlings. But the issue is not how many broodstock but How many will survive during the time frame of nurturing from fries to fingerlings. You can hatch 50, 000 but how many will make it to fingerlings. this is where good management is necessary. you can read up fries management on agricnetwork.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2015
any response here ?
jaz:
I think where robonski and other experienced fish farmers can help is giving an idea of growth via an average periodic analysis such that when you are off the mark you know there is something wrong and if you do better you can come tell us how you were able to manage the feat.

I suggest a simple record keeping analysis of "AGE; AVE. SIZE; AVE. FEED CONSUMPTION" across a six month period on a month by month basis.

could you guys help us with these simple analysis to help manage expectation and losses/profits?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:26pm On May 11, 2015
jaz:
any response here ?
Its a good idea, We will work something out via agricnetwork.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:31pm On May 11, 2015
dkings101:

Thanks my oga...I found this thread too late. This is my second farming season and wd be my 1 year in the business. In this second season, I realise I over stock my tanks with fishes (I used the rubber tanks). As such, I didn't know I would be spending more that expected on feeding. The fast growers are in a 4000 litre tank and they are like 150 weighing 700g to 1kg. I ve begin selling them off to bar for N550 per kg so I can raise money to rear like 500 pics of melange. I am planning selling off the juvenile and post.

Though I foresee me losing this season. Can I see buyer who would buy the melange which weigh abt 300g? If yes hw much is the market price per kg?

Hard lesson learnt bt I won't give up as u didn't give up after losing millions of naira...I would only rear what I can feed on my third farming and I hope to recuperate my loss.

My oga Giving up is not an option, it doesn't work with my system.. where is your location? if you are in Lagos I have ready buyers and how many kg of mélange do you presently have on ground. Sell them off then we go back to the drawing board.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 4:33pm On May 11, 2015
robonski15:

if he counted his fishes n had 450+ in quantity dats still 200k+ which doesnt correspond to wat he got .....pls when next any 1 is harvesting av farmers around so dey can see with u to avoid any form of theft most importantly be prayerful and dont forget ti plead d blood of Jesus and call his name when in crisis

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pharmsy: 4:37pm On May 11, 2015
robonski15:

You will get it at [poultry support at agege opposite the abattoir..
Thanks oga
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 4:38pm On May 11, 2015
robonski15:
how bro robonski pls how do u arrive at d exact weight hmmm.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 4:40pm On May 11, 2015
robonski15:

how bro robonski pls how do u arrive at d exact weight hmmm. pls analyse it oooooo am seriously confuse don't know what to do.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 5:23pm On May 11, 2015
Johnnyessence:
Thks for d advice bro it's been noted I will share my testimony of victory from d loss d Lord is my strength. Thks

Sorry for ur loss boss. .. Always try to have about two people with u wen selling. One person will monitor the scale and record, and the other person is to do general monitoring of wats going on around. Fish buyers steal fish alot. Sometimes dey can steal two baffs of fish frm you and u wont notice unless someone is there to catch dem. It has happened to me and dey stole a full 35kg baff. They always steal anytime they come to buy so be vigilant.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dkings101(m): 5:42pm On May 11, 2015
robonski15:

My oga Giving up is not an option, it doesn't work with my system.. where is your location? if you are in Lagos I have ready buyers and how many kg of mélange do you presently have on ground. Sell them off then we go back to the drawing board.

Yes I won't give up and I promise my third farming wd be a success...I wd attain the 1kg benchmark. My farm is in Aiyetoro close to Ayobo. I need to weigh them to know there kg...I guess 300g to 400g makes a melange right? Some should be lesser. I want to sell them off and go back to the drawing board and fix up my mistake. Right nw, am having high blood pressure cos I ve depleted my cash on feeding.. just squeezing and borrowing to feed them. If nt my family tat believe in me, who else can I run to for finance?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:14pm On May 11, 2015
Johnnyessence:
how bro robonski pls how do u arrive at d exact weight hmmm. pls analyse it oooooo am seriously confuse don't know what to do.
The bigger ones you weigh were around 2.2 kg which will make up for the smaller ones of which you showed me their random weight with your scale. with the medium 0.8 and smallest 0.5 to 0.6.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.