Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493602 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
HARSHING ? seems i don't know much in this field. can someone please provide more info on this activity
walexy001:
Pls I need a farmer in kwara state to know more about harshing. That is the next line I need to know pls your help will be greatly appreciated thank you and God bless .
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
jaz:
HARSHING ? seems i don't know much in this field. can someone please provide more info on this activity
bros, u bad oh.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
walexy001:
Pls I need a farmer in kwara state to know more about harshing. That is the next line I need to know pls your help will be greatly appreciated thank you and God bless .
HATCHING
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by walexy001: 7:42am On Jun 18, 2015
Hatching yes it typographical error
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by infotainment(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:

Hello sir, plz where is this farm located? I am highly interested in the 'all male tilapia'

tha farm is located in ilorin,since u are in lagos u can call me on 08028939614
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Samojo4real(m): 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
infotainment:

tha farm is located in ilorin,since u are in lagos u can call me on 08028939614
hello sir, which of the methods do you use in producing all male tilapia?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by infotainment(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2015
Samojo4real:

hello sir, which of the methods do you use in producing all male tilapia?

Sir,am not the person it's my friend in ilorin that is into all male tilapia fingerlings
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by infotainment(m): 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
walexy001:
Pls I need a farmer in kwara state to know more about hatching. That is the next line I need to know pls your help will be greatly appreciated thank you and God bless .

call me on 08028949614 i will link u up with a farm in ilorin.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by walexy001: 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ok thank you for that I will call you tomorrow morning
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:37am On Jun 19, 2015
[/quote]Hi evryone! Wana ask an important question. My storage tank was left unused 4 like a month after I harvested. I wanted using It again 4 my new production after filling the tank to capacity with water although 2/3 of the tank capacity was occupy with water for that 1month. Filling my pond with d water, I noticed that d water was green. Those it means that enough of oxygen was present or somthing else? I'm kinda confused. D source of the water i§ a borehole nd d said tank i§ alwaiz left open.. Tnx in advance for responses from my fellow farmers.!![/quote]

The problem is too much of algea. Drain the water completely, wash the tank and add fresh water..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oyelami33: 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
Am selling fishfeed in osogbo.....anybody wu wish to buy shud contact me...07036358278 or O8143148465 or bbm 28FD52A3.....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by PresidentAde(m): 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
robonski15:

My apologies, i got your mail but i have not reviewed it yet. i will get back to you asap. thanks

www.agricnetwork.com

Thanks, i'll be expecting your reply sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
PresidentAde:

Thanks, i'll be expecting your reply sir.

Check ur mail
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by PresidentAde(m): 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
robonski15:

Check ur mail
Thanks for your time Sir,,,,,,,i'm grateful . . . Buh i've not seen ur mail, kindly help me check and resend...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Annabechick(f): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
hello friends please i need ur help please i am settling up a fish pond. But concrete pond is quite ex poo expensive. i want to kniw if trampoline or plastic pond is okay to use? pls i need ur help thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Annabechick:
hello friends please i need ur help please i am settling up a fish pond. But concrete pond is quite ex poo expensive. i want to kniw if trampoline or plastic pond is okay to use? pls i need ur help thanks

The difference in price isn't much.. I will prefer you use collapsible ponds. Is the farm land yours, and how many fishes are u looking to stock?

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Annabechick(f): 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
robonski15:

The difference in price isn't much.. I will prefer you use collapsible ponds. Is the farm land yours, and how many fishes are u looking to stock?

www.agricnetwork.com
thanks so much for replying me. the farm is mine nd am thinkingof stocking 2000 fishes for a start will a collapsible be durable?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
Annabechick:

thanks so much for replying me. the farm is mine nd am thinkingof stocking 2000 fishes for a start will a collapsible be durable?

As long as the farm is yours, i will prefer concrete pond.. A collapsible pond can be costlier than constructing a concrete pond, but if you prefer the collapsible you will need two 15 by 15 collapsible pond to raise 2000 fishes.. Hope you have a good drainage in the area?

www.agricnetwork.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BELEXYFARMS(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2015
Annabechick:

robonski15:

As long as the farm is yours, i will prefer concrete pond.. A collapsible pond can be costlier than constructing a concrete pond, but if you prefer the collapsible you will need two 15 by 15 collapsible pond to raise 2000 fishes.. Hope you have a good drainage in the area?

www.agricnetwork.com

Oga Robonski make i put mouth small but u are still my oga at d top sha. cool

#Well if the farm is yours and you are sure you will not have a change of heart after a while maybe due to new construction work on d land or lack of interest in fish farming or other unforseen issues, then you can do your concrete ponds. I dnt really have an idea of how much it will cost to do concrete ponds but with abt 200K, you will be able to do WOODEN TARPAULIN ponds of 28ft×8ft×3.5ft dept to cater for your 2000+ fishes (depending on the water mgt system you are using). The pond doesnt have to be that long, you can do smaller ones (which i recommend) say for instance 22ft×8ft×3.5ft depth and stock according to size.

#collapsible fish ponds are really costly. The one of 40K will only take like 200 adult fishes conveniently. I have one of those.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Annabechick(f): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
robonski15:

www.agricnetwork.com
sir thanks for ur advice but the problem is the fish pond i was abt constructing will cost me abt 6hk six hundred thousand. But i think am i an going for earthened pond its cheaper. But am so confused because am adding this to my poultry farm
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Encoredme(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hello I am a fresh graduate seeking employment as a farm manager in any fish farm in the Lagos environs. I have broad experience as a farm worker and manager with positive antecedents. If you need someone like me to manage your farm operations please do call me on 08168107517. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Annabechick:
sir thanks for ur advice but the problem is the fish pond i was abt constructing will cost me abt 6hk six hundred thousand. But i think am i an going for earthened pond its cheaper. But am so confused because am adding this to my poultry farm

#600,000 for how many pond before digging an earthen pond u hv to consider if the land is swampy, u cant dig an earthen pond on dry ground..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
Encoredme:
Hello I am a fresh graduate seeking employment as a farm manager in any fish farm in the Lagos environs. I have broad experience as a farm worker and manager with positive antecedents. If you need someone like me to manage your farm operations please do call me on 08168107517. Thanks.

email me your resume. thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
robonski15:

#600,000 for how many pond before digging an earthen pond u hv to consider if the land is swampy, u cant dig an earthen pond on dry ground..

My Oga, e don tey oo.

Let me quickly respond to your last statement. You can dig/construct an earthen pond on dry ground. What matters is regular water. I have seen it. Just ensure there regular flow of water in and out at same volume.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
Guys, pls I have an issue oo. My drainage system is blocked. I use a sink hole/soak away.
What can I use to burn dirt or "potopoto". I've used soda ash and caustic soda to no avail.

This is threatening my biz. Pls advice
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
mozek24:

My Oga, e don tey oo.

Let me quickly respond to your last statement. You can dig/construct an earthen pond on dry ground. What matters is regular water. I have seen it. Just ensure there regular flow of water in and out at same volume.

yes o its been a while, hw u doing sir.. i have seen it done but the outcome was nothing to write home about, i wont advice anybody to do so.

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Greenarrow01(m): 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
OGA ROBONSKY i love dis trend. Pls i want to go into catfish hatching. I have a flat and 150k i will like to be producing abt 30k fingerlings every month. I plan to construct wooden ponds covered with tarpauline (11ft by 3ft and abt 4ft deep) how many will i need to meet that target. Is aerator compulsory and is much is it. Any additional advice plssssssss thnks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:20am On Jun 23, 2015
Greenarrow01:
OGA ROBONSKY i love dis trend. Pls i want to go into catfish hatching. I have a flat and 150k i will like to be producing abt 30k fingerlings every month. I plan to construct wooden ponds covered with tarpauline (11ft by 3ft and abt 4ft deep) how many will i need to meet that target. Is aerator compulsory and is much is it. Any additional advice plssssssss thnks

Hello sir, first things first what is the source of water and how are u planning on connecting the pipes to the pond.. most importantly is the drainage system, is there a layed out plan..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Greenarrow01(m): 6:51am On Jun 23, 2015
robonski15:

Hello sir, first things first what is the source of water and how are u planning on connecting the pipes to the pond.. most importantly is the drainage system, is there a layed out plan..
SIR, i intend to use a plastic drum with a hole at the base which will be transmitted to ponds through pipes. this drum will be filled occasionaly with water from my neighbours borehole. the pond will have an opening beneath which will drain waste water away. i also intend to get a ph meter. thnks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
Greenarrow01:
SIR, i intend to use a plastic drum with a hole at the base which will be transmitted to ponds through pipes. this drum will be filled occasionaly with water from my neighbours borehole. the pond will have an opening beneath which will drain waste water away. i also intend to get a ph meter. thnks

i feel you should learn the rudiment from an expert if you have not, dont just start it because you have passion for it. build your experience from others before you pump your hard earned money into it.

hope everyone is cool?

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
Greenarrow01:

Interesting but Can u pls expatiate on where the discharge water will be flowing to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.