Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,366 members, 7,850,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1504509 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by manya(m): 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
hello gurus in the house. i salute you all.
please who knows something about INSTITUTE FOR OCEANOGRAPHY AND MARINE RESEARCH? where is it located what assistant do they give to fish farmers as regards training? I want to go there if possible to acquire knowledge on small scale fish feed mill. i want to establish the mill in Bauchi mainly for fish farmers in my areas also because i want to stock 25,000 juveniles in March next year. please help me with suggestions on how and where to get training and necessary machines.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by slimfit042(m): 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
robonski15:

Make it 400 in each pond and avoid excess feed pollution.
Thaanks very much foryour response.God bless.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by metroy4x: 11:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
if you don't have the technical know how about the business do not venture into it because they surely miss lead you to get what they want to get from you, try to know the way in and way out before you put your hard earn money into it, because we 've a lot of theory farmers out there make their money through convincing paper work without experience.

call to get the real fact about fish farming practically.

phone : 08038886196

email : metroy4x@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by CVWizards(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Good day all, Please I would like to ask farmers who have sold catfish directly to restaurants, peppersoup joints and final consumers what price they sold for. We all know that the market women buy at (500 - 600)/ kg, depending on location. My question is how much do restaurants, point and kill, peppersoup joints and final consumers pay? Do they also buy per kg? Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2015
robonski15:
VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!!

I Have a position for a HATCHERY MANAGER AND ASSISTANT at my new farm sight.. The hatchery manager MUST have a sound knowledge of spawning and a track record of success.. The assistant Must have a basic knowledge of spawning and willingness to learn and implement.

Interested persons should send their resume to robonski15@gmail.com for further negotiations.

Thanks

ROBONSKI
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Samojo4real(m): 8:36am On Sep 24, 2015
manya:
hello gurus in the house. i salute you all.
please who knows something about INSTITUTE FOR OCEANOGRAPHY AND MARINE RESEARCH? where is it located what assistant do they give to fish farmers as regards training? I want to go there if possible to acquire knowledge on small scale fish feed mill. i want to establish the mill in Bauchi mainly for fish farmers in my areas also because i want to stock 25,000 juveniles in March next year. please help me with suggestions on how and where to get training and necessary machines.
NIOMR is located in V.I. Lagos jus before silverbird galleria..... they are basically into research on marine species and prawns. also into deep sea trawling and hi tech processing.
I think ARAC in PH is basically into feed mill technology...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
Samojo4real:

NIOMR is located in V.I. Lagos jus before silverbird galleria..... they are basically into research on marine species and prawns. also into deep sea trawling and hi tech processing.
I think ARAC in PH is basically into feed mill technology...

sorry your id got my attention are u a FARIMITE....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
hisableplc:

sorry your id got my attention are u a FARIMITE....

How many kg does your brood stock weigh and which specie?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BELEXYFARMS(m): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
slimfit042:
thanks sir,what if i make it 400 or 500 each in the 10*10 pond and change the water every seven days ,with enough aeration.?

This changing water every 7 days sounds so scary.
Reason for changing water is to get rid of the wastes (ammonia, carbondioxide, fish poo, feed wastes etc) and to also provide fresh oxygenated water for the fishes. Using an aerator only oxygenates the water, it doesnt get rid of wastes. Those wastes i mentioned up there can make ur fishes do so poorly. Ur fishes might not die, but they wont do as well as the fishes of someone who changes water regularly or who does flow through and they would most likely be so stunted in growth.
If u are really bent on doing fish farming as a business, u should look into the recirculatory system since regular supply of water and drainage is a major challenge in ur area. Another option is to greatly reduce the number of fishes u want to stock and use a very big pond so that u dont have to change water regulary but even at that, u will still not derive maximum satisfaction in the harvest.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:

Reason for changing water is to get rid of the wastes (ammonia, carbondioxide, fish poo, feed wastes etc) and to also provide fresh oxygenated water for the fishes. Using an aerator only oxygenates the water, it doesnt get rid of wastes. Those wastes i mentioned up there can make ur fishes do so poorly. Ur fishes might not die, but they wont do as well as the fishes of someone who changes water regularly or who doesnflow through.
If u are really bent on doing fish farming as a business, u should look into the recirculatory system since regular supply of water and drainage is a major challenge in ur area. Another option is to greatly reduce the number of fishes u want to stock and use a very big pond so that u dont have to change water regulary but even at that, u will still not derive maximum satisfaction in the harvest.

Where can someone get one of those and how much are they?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BELEXYFARMS(m): 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I think there is someone on nairaland who produces it locally, i can remember seeing an advert once. I cant remember the person. I also know that one can import the various componets from China. Its really very expensive and it will work better with solar powerd panels to boycott issues wt NEPA.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by barby008: 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
Tripodmode:

Hi, please, I would so much need your help and advice on some things concerning hatchery...you can flash/whatsapp me on 08143808301. Thanks

Am still an amateur tho..but I will be willing to help.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
robonski15:

How many kg does your brood stock weigh and which specie?

1kg above mixed with clarias
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:

I think there is someone on nairaland who produces it locally, i can remember seeing an advert once. I cant remember the person. I also know that one can import the various componets from China. Its really very expensive and it will work better with solar powerd panels to boycott issues wt NEPA.

Thanks, will love to know the cost
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cintia(f): 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
My greetings all, we are setting off with concrete pond construction . the first face will be 9 ponds measuring 10*20*4 each. please i really need guidance as to achieve a perfect pond. The gurus in the house how do we go about the plumbing because that will be our major challenge.
cc. robonski15
excelsior
juvefarm
abix 1
Anybody with tye experience should please advice.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cintia(f): 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
cintia:
My greetings all, we are setting off with concrete pond construction . the first face will be 9 ponds measuring 10*20*4 each. please i really need guidance as to achieve a perfect pond. The gurus in the house how do we go about the plumbing because that will be our major challenge.
cc. robonski15
excelsior
juvefarm
abix 1

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cintia(f): 6:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
its 9 ponds in total,

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 25, 2015
cintia:
its 9 ponds in total,
@cintia, this project is very lovely. Firstly where is the Farm site?, maybe we a reputable Nairalander close to you. Also piping is not rocket science Ooo, all is needed is borehole/source of water, drainage, pipes etc. Is the site yours?.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bababuff(m): 7:07am On Sep 25, 2015
Please where can I buy fish feeds around Gbagada\Bariga axis?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by slimfit042(m): 8:21am On Sep 25, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:

Reason for changing water is to get rid of the wastes (ammonia, carbondioxide, fish poo, feed wastes etc) and to also provide fresh oxygenated water for the fishes. Using an aerator only oxygenates the water, it doesnt get rid of wastes. Those wastes i mentioned up there can make ur fishes do so poorly. Ur fishes might not die, but they wont do as well as the fishes of someone who changes water regularly or who does flow through and they would most likely be so stunted in growth.
how much will it cost to build a recirculatory system for two 10*10 *3 ponds.tnks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sejeje: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2015
metroy4x:
the best thing to do if you can't produce yourself is to buy post fries, raise them yourself, sort out the best shooters and fast growing one to stock. for example : if you want to stock 3000 juvenile you buy 10,000 post fries, raise them for 4weeks, sort them every week, feed them well, space them, you will 've best best 3000 juvenile to stock. success is your story in harvest.

in case you want to buy a very good post fries. we sell at #5.

call : 08038886196

are u in Ibadan.I need abt 5000 post fries.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sejeje: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2015
please house where can I get a good broodstock in Ibadan
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sejeje: 10:12am On Sep 25, 2015
[quote author=cintia post=38342802][/quote]
May God see u through. I think u should consider getting a consultant or an experienced plumber for a project of this magnitude.Any little mistake or omission in the construction might cost more to repair or fixed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sejeje: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2015
cintia:
cc. robonski15
excelsior
juvefarm
abix 1

May God see you trough.I think you should consider getting a consultant or an experienced plumber. Any little mistake or omission might cost you more.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by teeblizzy: 10:28am On Sep 25, 2015
Tripodmode:

Hi, please, I would so much need your help and advice on some things concerning hatchery...you can flash/whatsapp me on 08143808301. Thanks
if you're in Lagos I could help
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cintia(f): 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
JuveFarms:

@cintia, this project is very lovely. Firstly where is the Farm site?, maybe we a reputable Nairalander close to you. Also piping is not rocket science Ooo, all is needed is borehole/source of water, drainage, pipes etc. Is the site yours?.

Thanks for the compliment. The farm site is at Nkwelle ezunaka, Anambra state.Borehole will be dug, Drainage will be a challenge cos the place is not yet developed. The farm is mine as hubby said o. keep your ideas coming
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cintia(f): 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sejeje:

May God see you trough.I think you should consider getting a consultant or an experienced plumber. Any little mistake or omission might cost you more.

Thanks for your contribution, a good engineer is handling the project. It wob't be a bad idea if i can get contributions from the house.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opeadura(f): 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
nice one
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
cintia:

Thanks for the compliment. The farm site is at Nkwelle ezunaka, Anambra state.Borehole will be dug, Drainage will be a challenge cos the place is not yet developed. The farm is mine as hubby said o. keep your ideas coming
Good job, I noticed two pillars on both side of the pond which is very good to avoid collapse.. make sure all the blocks are filled with concrete and well matched down. For drainage channel all pipe at the back of the pond close to the face, do aittle drainage and lookout for where the water can be channeled to.

While plastering make the pond sloppy towards the drainage for easy flow of water while flushing .
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:05am On Sep 27, 2015
Fhemmmy:

contact Lagbaja
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:06am On Sep 27, 2015
barby008:

Am still an amateur tho..but I will be willing to help.

Any good news from your spawning so far?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 3:28am On Sep 27, 2015
robonski15:

contact Lagbaja

Who is Lagbaja? Or you just messing with my head

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.