Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,384 members, 7,850,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1504526 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
ewaski:

@ab1x, pls,what is the average weight of catfish after 2months? from fingerlings stage

I have never checked it before but mere looking at them, they should not be more than 300-400 grams. It is however varies .
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by metroy4x: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
the best thing to do if you can't produce yourself is to buy post fries, raise them yourself, sort out the best shooters and fast growing one to stock. for example : if you want to stock 3000 juvenile you buy 10,000 post fries, raise them for 4weeks, sort them every week, feed them well, space them, you will 've best best 3000 juvenile to stock. success is your story in harvest.

in case you want to buy a very good post fries. we sell at #5.

call : 08038886196
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Teepompey: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
I really appreciate boss. So, before the 3rd month, the good should have been separated from the bad. Thereafter, feeding the best ones till 6th month and harvesting the not well growing ones at 4 and half months.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abbeydeeone: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Sirs , you are doing a good job on this forum by explaining facts about catfish farming. kudos. Pls,how can I manage a catfish pond (plastic ponds) in areas where there are no drainage at all. Also, what quantity can I raise with a deep well source of water not a borehole. i.e how many fishes can a deep well water cater for. Thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by slimfit042(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
pls gurus in d house i v gone tru this wonderful tread and my question is
can i stock 700 juvenile in a pond of 10*10*4 ft and change their water every 10 days.
i intend filling the water to one and 1/2 ft level of the pond. my lamentation focuses on that fat dat i dnt have a borehole which is xpensive in my area so i will be buying water every 10 days nd i also will aerate d pond .pls i need an urgent reply tnkx.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
abbeydeeone:
Sirs , you are doing a good job on this forum by explaining facts about catfish farming. kudos. Pls,how can I manage a catfish pond (plastic ponds) in areas where there are no drainage at all. Also, what quantity can I raise with a deep well source of water not a borehole. i.e how many fishes can a deep well water cater for. Thank you

If its a residential area with no drainage there is little or no thing you can do except you dig a well and channel all the water inside.. Kindly elaborate on the deep well you are talking about
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
slimfit042:
pls gurus in d house i v gone tru this wonderful tread and my question is
can i stock 700 juvenile in a pond of 10*10*4 ft and change their water every 10 days.
i intend filling the water to one and 1/2 ft level of the pond. my lamentation focuses on that fat dat i dnt have a borehole which is xpensive in my area so i will be buying water every 10 days nd i also will aerate d pond .pls i need an urgent reply tnkx.

Bros 10 days interval changing of water and even filling to 1 and half level of pond will not work.. Digging a well will be a better option.

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Simcha:
House please help me asap!! Animal science, the course I aspire to study wasn't given to me. But Instead "forestry wildlife and fisheries". Does anybody know if the course has a good job prospects in the labour market? Can I be an agro-entrepreneur with the course? Thanks
How i wish i studied fisheries lol.. There are job opportunity for fishery graduates, i am currently looking for fishery graduates.. After graduation you can work for some time but you main aim is to establish your own farm in future.

www.agricnetwork.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by slimfit042(m): 7:18am On Sep 22, 2015
robonski15:

Bros 10 days interval changing of water and even filling to 1 and half level of pond will not work.. Digging a well will be a better option.

www.agricnetwork.com
even if i dig a well i ll still need to buy water to fill it especially during the dry season. or shld i reduce it to 7 days.
maybe i shld forget the bussiness because i cnt afford a borehole in my area.Enugu.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abbeydeeone: 8:19am On Sep 22, 2015
If its a residential area with no drainage there is
little or no thing you can do except you dig a well
and channel all the water inside.. Kindly elaborate on
the deep well you are talking about
(Quote) (Report ) ( Like) (Share)

Oga robonski, thank you for your response.What I meant by the deep well is that the well is a hand dug by this so called abokis. its very deep that it contains 18 rings. In dry seasons, people in the environs use to fetch and fetch and it never gets dried but I really don't know the volume of water been generated by the well and I want to know the number of fishes it secretion could sustain. Thank you sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by divinelove(m): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2015
ab1x:

I have never checked it before but mere looking at them, they should not be more than 300-400 grams. It is however varies .

oga pls i ve been a regular follower of this thread n i ve sufficient knowledge to start this biz but it seems capital intensive. can one really start with 600k. pls break it down for me i ve no borehole, land or constructed pond all must b factored in, best regards n God bless.

pls if i cant start with 600k, advice on d min amt for profitable fish farm

cc robonski15 n all fish farmers.
my target is minimum of 80% ROI in 6months n min of two production cycles per yr
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2015
divinelove:

oga pls i ve been a regular follower of this thread n i ve sufficient knowledge to start this biz but it seems capital intensive. can one really start with 600k. pls break it down for me i ve no borehole, land or constructed pond all must b factored in, best regards n God bless.

pls if i cant start with 600k, advice on d min amt for profitable fish farm

cc robonski15 n all fish farmers.
my target is minimum of 80% ROI in 6months n min of two production cycles per yr

If you intend using earthen pond, 600K is enough to start the business however if it is concrete pond without land, borehole am sorry it can't work. Unless of course, you want to rent a pond to do the business.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Samojo4real(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2015
robonski15:

How i wish i studied fisheries lol.. There are job opportunity for fishery graduates, i am currently looking for fishery graduates.. After graduation you can work for some time but you main aim is to establish your own farm in future.

www.agricnetwork.com
De Prof.... I'm a fisheries graduate from uniben..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Samojo4real:

De Prof.... I'm a fisheries graduate from uniben..

Boss are you looking for a job?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
abbeydeeone:
If its a residential area with no drainage there is
little or no thing you can do except you dig a well
and channel all the water inside.. Kindly elaborate on
the deep well you are talking about
(Quote) (Report ) ( Like) (Share)

Oga robonski, thank you for your response.What I meant by the deep well is that the well is a hand dug by this so called abokis. its very deep that it contains 18 rings. In dry seasons, people in the environs use to fetch and fetch and it never gets dried but I really don't know the volume of water been generated by the well and I want to know the number of fishes it secretion could sustain. Thank you sir

Bro i cant say how many fishes the well water can sustain, you just have to try it out sir.. Is the area a sandy?

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
slimfit042:
even if i dig a well i ll still need to buy water to fill it especially during the dry season. or shld i reduce it to 7 days.
maybe i shld forget the bussiness because i cnt afford a borehole in my area.Enugu.

you will also require two of those ponds, if you can divide the fishes 350 each and change the water every seven days
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by naypam: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
robonski15
Pls when is your next training coming up?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!!

I Have a position for a HATCHERY MANAGER AND ASSISTANT at my new farm sight.. The hatchery manager MUST have a sound knowledge of spawning and a track record of success.. The assistant Must have a basic knowledge of spawning and willingness to learn and implement.

Interested persons should send their resume to robonski15@gmail.com for further negotiations.

Thanks

ROBONSKI
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
naypam:
robonski15
Pls when is your next training coming up?

Soonest boss..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
robonski15:
VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!!

I Have a position for a HATCHERY MANAGER AND ASSISTANT at my new farm sight.. The hatchery manager MUST have a sound knowledge of spawning and a track record of success.. The assistant Must have a basic knowledge of spawning and willingness to learn and implement.

Interested persons should send their resume to robonski15@gmail.com for further negotiations.

Thanks

ROBONSKI
I don apply sharperly Oooo.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ewaski(m): 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
ab1x:

like how many bags of feed would be sufficient for 9000 post juvenile per day?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
ewaski:

like how many bags of feed would be sufficient for 9000 post juvenile per day?

What kind of feeds are you talking about ?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by GOLDLOVER: 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
metroy4x:
the best thing to do if you can't produce yourself is to buy post fries, raise them yourself, sort out the best shooters and fast growing one to stock. for example : if you want to stock 3000 juvenile you buy 10,000 post fries, raise them for 4weeks, sort them every week, feed them well, space them, you will 've best best 3000 juvenile to stock. success is your story in harvest.

in case you want to buy a very good post fries. we sell at #5.

call : 08038886196
Sounds logical. What size of feed do post fries require ? And how many weeks does it take for post fries to get to fingerlings stage? Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abbeydeeone: 12:42am On Sep 23, 2015
Bro i cant say how many fishes the well water can sustain, you just have to try it out sir.. Is the area a sandy?
Thank you sir. Noted. The area is not sandy. its clay and loamy
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ewaski(m): 9:15am On Sep 23, 2015
ab1x:

I mean multi feed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ewaski(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2015
ab1x:

I mean multi feed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:40am On Sep 23, 2015
ewaski:

I mean multi feed

The amount of feeds they will consume depends on their eating habit. Some fish consume less while others are glutton. Try and use top feed 2mm. It is presently the best in the market now
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by slimfit042(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2015
robonski15:

you will also require two of those ponds, if you can divide the fishes 350 each and change the water every seven days
thanks sir,what if i make it 400 or 500 each in the 10*10 pond and change the water every seven days ,with enough aeration.?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by slimfit042(m): 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
chuksogb:
To our admins in the house i m not here to
advertize but to help people get optimum result
from their investment. you can check my profile for contact.thank you.
pls oga chuks how do i get in contact wit u,pls i need such design urgently tnk you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by slimfit042(m): 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
chuksogb:
The setup is to build a low cost electric or solar
powered aerator
materials needed includes:
1 a centrifugal electric water pump( or more
depending on d size of your pond)
2 two diff sizes of pvc pipe ( one and1/2" and
1"wink
3 plumbing fittings (determined by the setting of
ur pond)
4 A qualified plumber.
with the above materials you can build a local
aeration system in a pond of 20 * 10*3 feet.
after the setup the pond was aerated wit
sufficient Dissolved Oxygen for the fish and
they fishes were happy.
note: To achieve this you must practice on a
spot feeding to reduce pollution for the 10 days
period before water is changed.
If you are hoping to be a fish farmer but with
no readily available water source OR you are a
farmer with wishing to improve your pond
aeration this is your answer to that.Omega
plumbing services can make this happen with
little cost .we also specialize in concrete pond
construction.
pls oga chuks how do i get in contact wit u,pls i need such design urgently tnk you.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
slimfit042:
thanks sir,what if i make it 400 or 500 each in the 10*10 pond and change the water every seven days ,with enough aeration.?

Make it 400 in each pond and avoid excess feed pollution.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
JuveFarms:

I don apply sharperly Oooo.

Gerarahere men grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.