Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1498317 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stevo78(m): 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
@Ttalk can we talk please. I need good juvelines like 6000. Do you have and can u supply to the farm in Lafia, nasarawa state and how much do you sell? Can i come to have a look at your farm. Am based in abuja but farm is located in Lafia.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 2:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
uyijob:

Please I'm new in this business. I just completed my concrete bond and I was advice to soak the pond with salt and water for four days to one week after which I'll do final washing before stocking. is this method ok? Please any advice on this will be highly appreciated.

It is O.K sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
Sholaystar4me:
bLESS YOU BOSS, REALLY APPRECIATE, I WILL DO AS YOU HAVE ADVISED, DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE IDEA ON HOW I CAN MAKE THEM EVEN BIGGER, COS MAKE I NOR LIE, DEM DEY CHOP, AND NA D HAPPINESS B DT.... BUT THIS THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS LOCAL FEEDS IS OF MAJOR CONCERNED....ESPECIALLY NOW THAT FOREIGN FEEDS(AND EVEN LOCAL) PRICES ARE SKY ROCKETING EVERYDAY, AND THIS CREATURES HAVE TO EAT WELL AGAIN

How often do you sort? What is the size and number of fish in each pond? Do you use aerator or do flow through? What is the average size of the fish?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sarahdd: 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
Gud aftanun my fellow farmers, I ve bin a guest follower of dis topic for a year now n ve bin blessed. We got a little fishfarm that we are learning tru. We got runts as juveniles which didnt grow afta 6months of stocking. We hope to dispose them of next week with plans to restock. I wish to know d following from Abuja farmers:

How much is a kilo of table n mellenge sizes sold?

what is d prices of post fries, fingerlins and post fingerlin?

How much is 5okg scale machine sold?

tanx n blessings to all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
stevo78:
@Ttalk can we talk please. I need good juvelines like 6000. Do you have and can u supply to the farm in Lafia, nasarawa state and how much do you sell? Can i come to have a look at your farm. Am based in abuja but farm is located in Lafia.

You are free sir. e-mail goldgate2003@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
Sarahdd:
Gud aftanun my fellow farmers, I ve bin a guest follower of dis topic for a year now n ve bin blessed. We got a little fishfarm that we are learning tru. We got runts as juveniles which didnt grow afta 6months of stocking. We hope to dispose them of next week with plans to restock. I wish to know d following from Abuja farmers:

How much is a kilo of table n mellenge sizes sold?

what is d prices of post fries, fingerlins and post fingerlin?

How much is 5okg scale machine sold?

tanx n blessings to all.

Melange is between 570 and 680. It could be more.
Fingerlings betwen 12 and 15naira
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sarahdd: 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ttalk:

Melange is between 570 and 680. It could be more.
Fingerlings betwen 12 and 15naira
Sir, what of 1kg table size? Thanx!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 6:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
Sarahdd:
Sir, what of 1kg table size? Thanx!
Between 680 and 800naira
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kaze4blues(m): 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
which other ways can I use to make my fish add weight quickly. is thr supplement or feed or drug I can use.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sarahdd: 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ttalk:

Between 680 and 800naira
Ok. Tanx! We shall contact u when ready to stock again. Tanx again, Sir!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by celloman: 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ttalk:

What do you want to achieve with that practice? To reduce cost, increase feed consumption or increase weight?

To reduce cost. So is it good
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sholaystar4me(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
Thanks for everytime bro, i havent sorted yet,the pond is quite big and deep, 40 by 35 or so, there are 3000 in each pond, and they are getting bigger, and there is enough space for all to wine, their average size is about size of hand, and its flow through system i use, and we pump almost everyday for them.

Really appreciate bro

Ttalk:

How often do you sort? What is the size and number of fish in each pond? Do you use aerator or do flow through? What is the average size of the fish?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amba2017: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2017
pls house I need quality practical training on hatching and fish feed formulation/ production in PH. pls contact me via WhatsApp on 08063393168.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jakabove007(m): 8:46am On Mar 07, 2017
Good morning!

This is to announce to all intending and existing catfish farmers that we have fingerlings available for sale starting from 11th March. We currently have 40,000 nomal growth, and 12,000 Shooters.

@Jakabove we do not just sell our products to you, we also monitor and train you on how to manage effectively and efficiently your catfish farm operations which will in turn give you a satisfactory profit...

Our farms are located in Lagos State and Ogun State.
A unit of fingerlings is available @#18, and the Shooter is #22.
Place take note to subsequent changes in prices. Booking is maximum of 3days.

For more information Contact Jakabove:

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ABHAKS: 11:00am On Mar 07, 2017
micgray100:
hello guys... 3mm vital feed very scarce to get in Zaria now...

Ttalk or any fish farmer in Abuja of Kaduna.. can you send some bags (5) 3mm down to Zaria from Abuja or J ..

07032728941 is my number

Please where in zaria is your farm located?

I'm also based In Zaria

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by gspace1960(m): 11:20am On Mar 07, 2017
melange available in alagbole akute....lagos.....07060523565

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Onyireen(f): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2017
In my quest of knowing more about fish farming, I stumbled on this thread and I must say that I am impressed at the great input we all getting on a platter of gold.
@Robonski (God bless the day you dreamt this dream and bless you for still dreaming)
@ Exceliosisfarm (you remain d oga at d top. Very humble, straight forward and has a way of putting the house together
@Abix1, Ayosat, Juvefarm, Belexy, Ttalk and many odas even we the newbies..... You won't know how many lives you guys have touched indirectly. I just pray that as we all continue in this good work our cloud will get full and our rain will fall.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Onyireen:
In my quest of knowing more about fish farming, I stumbled on this thread and I must say that I am impressed at the great input we all getting on a platter of gold.
@Robonski (God bless the day you dreamt this dream and bless you for still dreaming)
@ Excelsiorfarm (you remain d oga at d top. Very humble, straight forward and has a way of putting the house together
@Abix1, Ayosat, Juvefarm, Belexy, Ttalk and many odas even we the newbies..... You won't know how many lives you guys have touched indirectly. I just pray that as we all continue in this good work our cloud will get full and our rain will fall.
Amen in Jesus Name. My Sister, God is the OGA AT THE TOP. Thank God for the Opportunity HE has given to be Useful to eachother

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by femioguns4u4luv: 7:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
please add me 08061535448
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sshy: 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
chilanfarms:
10 ADVANTAGES OF BECOMING A MEMBER OF AQUABREN: 1. Access to training/mentorship from well establish members of the association. 2. Access to first hand information in Aquaculture industry. 3. Access to quality seeds at very subsidise rate. 4. Access to very rich feed @ subsidised rate. 5. Free practical training. 6.Access to international training, seminars n workshops. 7.Access to loan(feeds/inputs). 8.Guidance to new farmers on best farm practices. 9. Free Advert for your farm products and services. 10.Exportation of processed farm products ... Thses are just few of the benefit of been a member of this association. Regards Chilanfarm(President)
kindly add me to the whatsap group: Shaiz Farmz ... 08188588576

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sshy: 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
femimat:
gud day house pls i want to be added to the WhatsApp group my number is 08129219449

Thanks
plz kindly add me to the whatsap group to Shaiz Farmz 08188588576
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:34am On Mar 09, 2017
sshy:
plz kindly add me to the whatsap group to Shaiz Farmz 08188588576

Aquabren is not a Whatsapp group but a registered association. You have to pay to become a registered member..

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by MANTLE111: 2:16am On Mar 09, 2017
pls wot are the ingredients needed to pellet feed for my two month fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 6:40am On Mar 09, 2017
MANTLE111:
pls wot are the ingredients needed to pellet feed for my two month fish.
It varies but these are d ingredients and quantity I used in makin about 50kg feed for my 2 months fish.
1. GNC=25kg
2. Blood meal=15kg
3. Garri=5kg
4. Bone=5kg
5. Fish(erunrun eja) to give d feed odour to attract d fish=4 congos
6. Lysine=0.25kg
7. Methionine=0.25kg
8. Salt=0.2kg
9. Fish premix=0.2kg
10. Fish booster=one small bag.
You can do indomie size or 3mm pellet 4 dem dependin on deir size.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opes: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ttalk:

Between 680 and 800naira

With the price of fish now,shifting to durante sinking pellet (it cost 350/kg) after two months will still give good result instead of the stress of pelletizing..most of the local ingredients are not even pure again..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 12:19am On Mar 10, 2017
opes:

With the price of fish now,shifting to durante sinking pellet (it cost 350/kg) after two months will still give good result instead of the stress of pelletizing..most of the local ingredients are not even pure again..
That is why you need do your SWOT analysis. What works for you might not work for me

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Eefosa1: 12:27am On Mar 10, 2017
please how do l use formalin to wash tarpuline pond as l lost over200 pcs o melange and tables size fish be I restock.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sylverstar: 10:05am On Mar 10, 2017
Ttalk pls call me i need o.5 local feed 08060654555 send me urs
funso111:
you do the feed yourself sir?. Can u compare d result with what is obtain from foreign feed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vroom(m): 10:33am On Mar 10, 2017
opes:

is it in market...hearing this for the first time,where do u get it.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amba2017: 2:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
ademola1333:

It varies but these are d ingredients and quantity I used in makin about 50kg feed for my 2 months fish.
1. GNC=25kg
2. Blood meal=15kg
3. Garri=5kg
4. Bone=5kg
5. Fish(erunrun eja) to give d feed odour to attract d fish=4 congos
6. Lysine=0.25kg
7. Methionine=0.25kg
8. Salt=0.2kg
9. Fish premix=0.2kg
10. Fish booster=one small bag.
You can do indomie size or 3mm pellet 4 dem dependin on deir size.
pls what is the cost of producing this 50kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
Eefosa1:
please how do l use formalin to wash tarpuline pond as l lost over200 pcs o melange and tables size fish be I restock.
Formalin is deadly when not properly used.. You can use salt solution to wash your pond..

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.