Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1497382 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 7:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
amba2017:
pls what is the cost of producing this 50kg
As at last month, I spent less than 6k to make it. It depends on ur location though.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Onyireen(f): 6:48am On Mar 11, 2017
Hello house, pls I want the gurus to put me through, I am currently undergoing training at a farm that base on fingerlings production. They rear hybrid. I noticed that the male hetro they use is small, I doubt if it is up to 1kg maybe btw 7-8g. I asked my coach and he said it doesn't matter since they are up to 1yr. Since hetro is the breed that grows so well, bigger than clarias how come hetro of 1yr can be looking so small. I also learnt here that the offsprings takes after the male brood stock. I am just observing and thinking becos soon I will be thru and will be on my own. I want the best practices for my farm.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2017
Onyireen:
Hello house, pls I want the gurus to put me through, I am currently undergoing training at a farm that base on fingerlings production. They rear hybrid. I noticed that the male hetro they use is small, I doubt if it is up to 1kg maybe btw 7-8g. I asked my coach and he said it doesn't matter since they are up to 1yr. Since hetro is the breed that grows so well, bigger than clarias how come hetro of 1yr can be looking so small. I also learnt here that the offsprings takes after the male brood stock. I am just observing and thinking becos soon I will be thru and will be on my own. I want the best practices for my farm.
you want us to evaluate your coach/teacher? if our analysis isn't pleasant, it could create ill thought & possible you wont be able to learn well. Just be questioning him/her & learning for now.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Onyireen(f): 10:43am On Mar 11, 2017
[quote author=excelsiorfarm post=54478498] you want us to evaluate your coach/teacher? if our analysis isn't pleasant, it could create ill thought & possible you wont be able to learn well. Just be questioning him/her & learning for now.

@Excelsiorfarm. Okay....but I dont think it will prevent me from learning well. I ask this question becos I also observed that it is that same size that was used in another farm I was privilege to visit. I am just thinking maybe that's the size that is readily available or it could be of the price @ (5000k) or becox that size produces better milt.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Shersky: 10:51am On Mar 11, 2017
Hello,

We produce high quality fingerlings and juveniles on our farm using recirculatory aquaculture system (RAS). if you're interested, please get in touch with via mail. Sizes of fingerlings and juveniles range from 5 grams to 40 grams. Quantity that can be sold ranges from 1000- 500,000 fingerlings. More than 300,000 fingerlings are available now.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Shersky:
Hello,

We produce high quality fingerlings and juveniles on our farm using recirculatory aquaculture system (RAS). if you're interested, please get in touch with via mail. Sizes of fingerlings and juveniles range from 5 grams to 40 grams. Quantity that can be sold ranges from 1000- 500,000 fingerlings. More than 300,000 fingerlings are available now.
good,why dont you put your number,location, maybe price. Also delivery timing etc.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Shersky: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
good,why dont you put your number,location, maybe price. Also delivery timing etc.

Thanks.

We are located in Epe, Lagos. You can reach me on 08039418283

Orders of small quantities (less than 10000)will be delivered in 2 days to 1 week while large quantities will take 1-4 weeks depending on the available stock.

The prices are for the following sizes
5g - N15
7g - N17
10g - N23
12g - N25
15g - N30
20g - N33
25g - N37
30g - N40
35g - N50
40g - N60
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
Shersky:

Thanks.

We are located in Epe, Lagos. You can reach me on 08039418283

Orders of small quantities (less than 10000)will be delivered in 2 days to 1 week while large quantities will take 1-4 weeks depending on the available stock.

The prices are for the following sizes
5g - N15
7g - N17
10g - N23
12g - N25
15g - N30
20g - N33
25g - N37
30g - N40
35g - N50
40g - N60
good,i only want you to elaborate for the house & for better reach/communication
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
[quote author=Onyireen post=54480720][/quote] obvious that even smaller size mature female even at times have much viable eggs than bigger ones because of less body fat etc. The fact remains that if the female used is of same age & size with the male with that weight,automatic that the buyers will face some issues. The wisdom is at least 1kg male,because definitely those males Used are runts/slow growers that struggle to attain the weight you mentioned. Also cost too influence some farmers decision. Spend less idea,especially for males that will have to die etc.eating 5000 naira small fish can cause high bp,hence farmers improvise. Important thing is if there is/are shortfall in the genetic of one parent stock,the other should make up for it.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Onyireen(f): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]obvious that even smaller size mature female even at times have much viable eggs than bigger ones because of less body fat etc. The fact remains that if the female used is of same age & size with the male with that weight,automatic that the buyers will face some issues. The wisdom is at least 1kg male,because definitely those males Used are runts/slow growers that struggle to attain the weight you mentioned. Also cost too influence some farmers decision. Spend less idea,especially for males that will have to die etc.eating 5000 naira small fish can cause high bp,hence farmers improvise. Important thing is if there is/are shortfall in the genetic of one parent stock,the other should make up for it.

Thanks a lot, I hv taken note.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opes: 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
vroom:

is it in market...hearing this for the first time,where do u get it.

yes, it is same as SKRETTING..they have two types, floating and sinking..the sinking pellets come in 4.5mm and 6mm..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
Onyireen:
obvious that even smaller size mature female even at times have much viable eggs than bigger ones because of less body fat etc. The fact remains that if the female used is of same age & size with the male with that weight,automatic that the buyers will face some issues. The wisdom is at least 1kg male,because definitely those males Used are runts/slow growers that struggle to attain the weight you mentioned. Also cost too influence some farmers decision. Spend less idea,especially for males that will have to die etc.eating 5000 naira small fish can cause high bp,hence farmers improvise. Important thing is if there is/are shortfall in the genetic of one parent stock,the other should make up for it.

Thanks a lot, I hv taken note.
Thank God
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rozario: 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
Robonski please i have been trying your number but it not going through,plz i want to buy fingerling hybrid,how can i contact u.this is my number
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2017
rozario:
Robonski please i have been trying your number but it not going through,plz i want to buy fingerling hybrid,how can i contact u.this is my number 08069178507

How many do you need.. Where is your location.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 14, 2017
Good day house,
I'm new in the house and I must confess that, I'm in love with this forum. However, I'm in urgent need of a good business plan on fish farming and poultry. I'll be grateful if I can lay hand on one from this forum as I need for financial help from family.

Please, help a brother out from idleness and depression from doing nothing at home.

Please, message me if you can help out.

Thanks a lot
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kaze4blues(m): 7:36am On Mar 14, 2017
JUBSAM:
Good day house,
I'm new in the house and I must confess that, I'm in love with this forum. However, I'm in urgent need of a good business plan on fish farming and poultry. I'll be grateful if I can lay hand on one from this forum as I need for financial help from family.

Please, help a brother out from idleness and depression from doing nothing at home.

Thanks a lot

drop ur email or numb for whatsapp. I have one on poultry.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 14, 2017
Thanks. My email is jubsam101@gmail.com

kaze4blues:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:28am On Mar 14, 2017
JUBSAM:
Good day house,

Thanks a lot

Send me a Whatsapp message on 08061682047. Lets have a chat
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
I just sent you a message on WhatsApp

robonski15:

Send me a Whatsapp message on 08061682047. Lets have a chat
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kaze4blues(m): 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
I have a challenge presently.

My fish will be three months by March 31st. I presently feed them 3 times daily on Durante floating feeds. But dey re eating very aggressively every day and this is depleting my finances faster than i expected.
Can I change their feeding to two times daily? Will that not affect their growth?
Which other method can I use to reduce costs on feeding considering their age.

Thank you.

Pls I need answers because this is my first experience at fish farming.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
What's the weight of your fish? What size of durante are u giving them? U can consider switching to a good formulated feed that will be cheaper to reduce cost.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kaze4blues(m): 7:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
oscarvicto:
What's the weight of your fish? What size of durante are u giving them? U can consider switching to a good formulated feed that will be cheaper to reduce cost.

they are around 300g. I feed them 4mm. kindly guide me on how to get the best formulations
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nursevee99: 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
please can someone help me with ideas on how much it will cost me to start up fish pound i have bought a land for this investment please whats next to do
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dkdenco: 12:11am On Mar 15, 2017
Please am also interested on the plan
Dkdenco4d1@yahoo.com
kaze4blues:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Preshivano01(m): 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gud day everyone... Pls house I started fish farming about last yr, Hv harvested twice...but my current stock is about 4 months plus, and I noticed they ain't really growing fast like expected, seems I got bad fingerlings.. PLS WHAT IS THE CURRENT PRICE OF MELANGE SIZE CATFISH PER KG IN UR DIFFERENT LOCATIONS.. UR RESPONDS WUD B APPRECIATED.. TNKS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
Thank you so much Kaze4blues. I appreciate your help with the poultry business plan. Thank you.

kaze4blues:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OkoromolaFarms: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Please i am also interested. My email address is busayoomoya@yahoo.com.sg

thank you.
kaze4blues:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OkoromolaFarms: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
please i am also interested. My email is busayoomoya@yahoo.com.sg thank you
kaze4blues:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
bilag17:
The referenced site is not opening.
its a whatsapp grp with active members

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.