Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1497576 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olalekan9320(m): 5:22am On Apr 06, 2017
pls add me to the group 07017362958
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2017
robonski15:

Is the situation still the same??
it has reduced since 4 days now only one death and 1 hanging, conducted water and fish test
Water has high iron content of 1.95 (0.6 is maximum for aquaculture)
Contaminated with coliform group of bacteria
and yeast
# micron filter required
# iron filter required I had no idea how to get all these.
Fish test
Bacteria infection
Aeromonas infection
Treatment with 20%enrofloxacin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haleemwale(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2017
We still have Table size catfish for sale in alagbole, its a 15mins drive from berger, Melange is now available (400-600g) Call:
09033905607 and whatsapp on :08089192367
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
Star30:
it has reduced since 4 days now only one death and 1 hanging, conducted water and fish test
Water has high iron content of 1.95 (0.6 is maximum for aquaculture)
Contaminated with coliform group of bacteria
and yeast
# micron filter required
# iron filter required I had no idea how to get all these.
Fish test
Bacteria infection
Aeromonas infection
Treatment with 20%enrofloxacin
we offer water treatments for both domestic, aquaculture and industrial use, contact us via whatsapp or call 08133017763 or email @ phran6.pharn@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by GoldSpring: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hello everyone, the group admin should kindly add me to WhatsApp group chat-- 08082493748. thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
Etranshub:
For small scale and backyard farmers, processing your Fish is the way forward to make more than 100% profit /batch of your Fish farm. Start small and grow big with our 100BCK smoking kiln gas and charcoal (dual power source) very easy and clean to use . Attached below is a picture and video of test of it at a clients backyard farm....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU7zoQWdmnU

how much does it cost? and how many fishes/batch (melange). old contact me on phran6.pharn@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
pls, if the is still space group admin kindly add me on the whatsapp group 08133017763.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
robonski15:
Investment Opportunity!!!!!!

Hello everyone, i have a very good bushiness idea on catfish with a Good ROI.. I am seeking few investors to make this idea a reality and turn it into Empire..

Kindly Note that the minimum investment is 1 million naira. For Further details send me a whatsapp message on 08061682047 or send me an email on robonski15@Gmail.com. Cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by emmyvet(m): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
olaolu89:
The flow is very good, I remove net after 25 to 27 hours.The water usually is a little milky when removed but after 1hour it becomes clean. I use bore-hole water on them. I do start my feeding on the evening of the third day of hatching.

Do you check the PH of the water?
Do you store the water in tank before using it in the pond or you pump direct into the pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ubreeze(m): 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hello guys, i just joined this thread yesterday and trying to read everything is going to take a while before i get answers.
I am a newbie in fish farming. I stocked my ponds with 1500 fingerlings and i have been feeding them with Coppens (N12,800 per bag over here).
The fishes are 1 month and 3 weeks in the pond and feeding them is getting really expensive. I swapped to SARB feed (N10,000) and I feed them 3 times daily.
They are eating 1 bag in 3 days right now, it is still expensive. I am feeding them 3mm, about to move to 4mm.
Please house, kindly assist with the following concerns:
1. I want to swap to Nigerian feed and I have been hearing a lot about Vital feed in this forum but its not readily available here. Is Topfeed a good or better option?
2. I want to start feeding them twice a day, is this okay? If it is okay, what times shd the feeding be done.
3. I heard someone talking about weighing the quantity of feed before giving to the feed, pls what is ur advice on this?
4. Currently my workers use their hands while sorting the fish, is this a good practice or there is a better way.
I am in Uyo/Eket in Akwa Ibom state, is there anyone in this forum who has a farm around me? I would love to learn from that person practically.
I will very much appreciate any advice or contribution.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stan4b(m): 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2017
ubreeze:
Hello guys, i just joined this thread yesterday and trying to read everything is going to take a while before i get answers.
I am a newbie in fish farming. I stocked my ponds with 1500 fingerlings and i have been feeding them with Coppens (N12,800 per bag over here).
The fishes are 1 month and 3 weeks in the pond and feeding them is getting really expensive. I swapped to SARB feed (N10,000) and I feed them 3 times daily.
They are eating 1 bag in 3 days right now, it is still expensive. I am feeding them 3mm, about to move to 4mm.
Please house, kindly assist with the following concerns:
1. I want to swap to Nigerian feed and I have been hearing a lot about Vital feed in this forum but its not readily available here. Is Topfeed a good or better option?
2. I want to start feeding them twice a day, is this okay? If it is okay, what times shd the feeding be done.
3. I heard someone talking about weighing the quantity of feed before giving to the feed, pls what is ur advice on this?
4. Currently my workers use their hands while sorting the fish, is this a good practice or there is a better way.
I am in Uyo/Eket in Akwa Ibom state, is there anyone in this forum who has a farm around me? I would love to learn from that person practically.
I will very much appreciate any advice or contribution.
Top feed is good. I tink u can sort d fishes with ur hands. Feeding them 2 times daily is good, but, if d fishes r still about 1 month nd below, den 3 times daily is better. U don't weigh d quantity of the feed, u just feed dem till dey r satiated, dats is u feed dem till dey stop eating. But u ll av to b observant not to over feed dem, so dat d water won't get polluted.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2017
4rin:
we offer water treatments for both domestic, aquaculture and industrial use, contact us via whatsapp or call 08133017763 or email @ phran6.pharn@gmail.com
state ur services here pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ubreeze(m): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
stan4b:
Top feed is good. I tink u can sort d fishes with ur hands. Feeding them 2 times daily is good, but, if d fishes r still about 1 month nd below, den 3 times daily is better. U don't weigh d quantity of the feed, u just feed dem till dey r satiated, dats is u feed dem till dey stop eating. But u ll av to b observant not to over feed dem, so dat d water won't get polluted.

Thanks bro, please one last question.
How do you improve the oxygen content of the pond.
I don't know where to buy an aerator in Nigeria and what type.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stan4b(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
ubreeze:

Thanks bro, please one last question.
How do you improve the oxygen content of the pond.
I don't know where to buy an aerator in Nigeria and what type.
Don't kip ur water for too long b4 changing it, or if u av d means, constant flow tru is very ok. Borehole water is much more ok, but, make sure d borehole water is kept in d tank for a little while b4 pumping it into d pond. Dats d little I know. As for d aerator, I don't know much about it. Call on d Gurus in d house to help u with dat.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
[size=8pt][/size]
Star30:
our services ranges from treatment of iron water, saline water, low or high water pH, odour, taste, colour, drilling of borehole in Lagos and the eastern part of Nigeria, pure water and bottle water consultancy, and regular servicing of water treatment plants. contact us via email phran6.pharn@gmail.com or call/whatsapp on 08133017763.
Star30:
our services ranges from treatment of iron water, saline water, low or high water pH, odour, taste, colour, drilling of borehole in Lagos and the eastern part of Nigeria, pure water and bottle water consultancy, and regular servicing of water treatment plants. contact us via email phran6.pharn@gmail.com or call/whatsapp on 08133017763.
Star30:

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Heroesworths(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
please anybody with hybrid juveniles should contact me on 08066401947
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haleemwale(m): 6:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
Melange is now available (400-600g) at akute, lagos state Call:
09033905607 and whatsapp on :08089192367
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Astrogeotech: 7:19am On Apr 08, 2017
Star30:
Wtaer borehole drilling (domestic and industrial) pile foundation, soil test, geophysical survey.
Call 08136569906
Check signature

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olaolu89(m): 7:47am On Apr 08, 2017
Kneyo:

1. The water isn't meant to be milky, reduce the water to a certain level, then add clean water.
2. Make sure you siphon their dirts everyday.
3.Do not over feed
4. Flow through is very important, if you can do it overnight for them...it'll help alot.
5. Make sure they're not too much in a pond.
Hope that helps.
thanks alot, your advice went a long way.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olaolu89(m): 7:48am On Apr 08, 2017
emmyvet:

Do you store the water in tank before using it in the pond or you pump direct into the pond?
. I do store in a tank before I use on them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
olaolu89:
The flow is very good, I remove net after 25 to 27 hours.The water usually is a little milky when removed but after 1hour it becomes clean. I use bore-hole water on them. I do start my feeding on the evening of the third day of hatching.
As others had rightly pointed it out, the vat water is expected to be very clear. Milky water is an indication of pollution, the level you cannot ascertain, the effect of which usually result in hatchlings mortality 3,4, or 5 days after hatching. Once hatching starts, monitor the water, except in cases where you have bigger facility to manage the pollution for optimal hatch.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by micgray100(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
500 number of 800g to 1.2kg table size available in Zaria kaduna.. Kabama Layout Precisely...

Call or Watsapp 07032728841.. Mr Gbenga / Micheal
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Star30: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2017
4rin:
[size=8pt][/size]

Do u treat a stagnant water earthen pond in a swampy area? No flow thru, water comes up from under ground naturally when u pump out water from the pond. The area is swampy water every where

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by blueangle382: 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
Please I just started Catfish Farming 2 months ago so I need all the information that can make me succeed in this business. Kindly add me to the whatsapp group.. My WhatsApp number is 08034185515 Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by daxlin: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
good day all. just joined the forum and a new farmer. i stocked 1000 fingerlings of abt 8weeks old. they are 1week plus now but noticed about 7 mortalities today their head whitish. am really worried. wat could be d problem. stocked in concrete tank
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by doubleportion: 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
olaolu89:
Did you test for the acidity of the water? Or you assumed it must be OK because it's a bore hole?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2017
daxlin:
good day all. just joined the forum and a new farmer. i stocked 1000 fingerlings of abt 8weeks old. they are 1week plus now but noticed about 7 mortalities today their head whitish. am really worried. wat could be d problem. stocked in concrete tank

Did you treat the concrete pond before stocking??

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by daxlin: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2017
yes the tanks were properly treated and fertilized with chicken droppings before stocking
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by daxlin: 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
Hello house. does anyone have good fingerlings around calabar. a friend need it urgently
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by raff007: 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
Evening lovely people, please the admin of the whatsapp group should kindly add me >>>08028367346 thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by raff007: 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
emmyvet:

please what effect does it have when you pump directly to the pond? Not storing first.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 12, 2017
Star30:
Do u treat a stagnant water earthen pond in a swampy area? No flow thru, water comes up from under ground naturally when u pump out water from the pond. The area is swampy water every where
No sir, it is not possible to treat water which comes directly from it's natural source. the water has to pass through water treatment plants and filtration plants before going to the reservoir or where it's needed thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.