Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494472 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 12, 2017
Star30:
Do u treat a stagnant water earthen pond in a swampy area? No flow thru, water comes up from under ground naturally when u pump out water from the pond. The area is swampy water every where
No sir, it is not possible to treat water which comes directly from it's natural source, the water has to pass through water treatment plants and filtration plants before going to the reservoir or where it's needed thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by emmyvet(m): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
raff007:
please what effect does it have when you pump directly to the pond? Not storing first.

Storing in tank sometimes help in reducing the acidity of the water if the water is acidic.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 6:10am On Apr 13, 2017
micgray100:
500 number of 800g to 1.2kg table size available in Zaria kaduna.. Kabama Layout Precisely...

Call or Watsapp 07032728841.. Mr Gbenga / Micheal

Good morning, hope biz is moving fine, am based in zaria (kabama layout phase 1) though am still learning on fish farming dont have a farm yet.. I wouldn't mind coming to see ur farm and learn a tin or 2.. with regards to selling ur fish a friend of mine sold some of his fishes on Saturday. . I could help u get d persons contact if u haven't finish selling.. ur number isn't on whatsapp.. tanx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by micgray100(m): 7:20am On Apr 14, 2017
duullie88:

Good morning, hope biz is moving fine, am based in zaria (kabama layout phase 1) though am still learning on fish farming dont have a farm yet.. I wouldn't mind coming to see ur farm and learn a tin or 2.. with regards to selling ur fish a friend of mine sold some of his fishes on Saturday. . I could help u get d persons contact if u haven't finish selling.. ur number isn't on whatsapp.. tanx

Thanks bro... Nairaland is good.. Met with duullies88 yesterday.. Never knew he stays so closed.. Nairaland biko..

He even help bring someone interested to buy all my fishes at 700 naira / kg..
Don't know if that price is good.. But since is my first production, won't mind cos I av learnt a lot from it..
Thanks to Oga robonski that started this trend.. It has helped gratefully..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=ubreeze post=55349840]

Thanks bro, please one last question.
How do you improve the oxygen content of the pond.
I don't know where to buy an aerator in Nigeria and what type.
[/quote

There are good solar aerators. We have them in stock...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cyberprof: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2017
Please I am a 300l student Of Agric-economics And I don't want to start looking for job that there is not when am through instead I want to venture into fish farming. I have downloaded a lot of videos about it with the aim of preparing myself but I need a master to train under. I would like to do my IT in a catfish farm where I can learn everything I need (I can even learn now because my school is always on strike (Lautech)) Here is my whatsapp contact -08037751395. Ples help me
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Buy used black fish tanks ,1 unit of 2,000 liters

N45,000 and 1 unit 1,500 liters N30,000

Its negotiable. Contact: 08022456638 (WhatsApp),

08037456799(call).

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kneyo(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2017
Good morning everyone.
Please, can anyone recommend a motor park that allows transportation of fingerings from Lagos to Abuja.
My location is Badagry.
Your answers will be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
Kneyo:
Good morning everyone.
Please, can anyone recommend a motor park that allows transportation of fingerings from Lagos to Abuja.
My location is Badagry.
Your answers will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

You will get more than enough buses at Idoo park.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ubreeze(m): 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=oscarvicto post=55577276][/quote]

How do i contact you? For the solar aerators
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kneyo(m): 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2017
kazeemmuka:

You will get more than enough buses at Idoo park.
Thanks bro. ..i appreciate.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 4:48am On Apr 17, 2017
OXYZ:
How much is the aerator?Does it come with battery?

no, it doesnt. works with a monocrystalline solar panel
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hadex90(m): 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
hi fellow farmers, i lose my entire fish after like 2weeks of hatching. i changed their water and after like 2hrs,they all died. i know the water is hard and i put soda ash after changing....am hatching again soon. any advice what to do to avoid future occurrence? thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jksxxxx: 5:55am On Apr 18, 2017
ubreeze:
Hello guys, i just joined this thread yesterday and trying to read everything is going to take a while before i get answers.
I am a newbie in fish farming. I stocked my ponds with 1500 fingerlings and i have been feeding them with Coppens (N12,800 per bag over here).
The fishes are 1 month and 3 weeks in the pond and feeding them is getting really expensive. I swapped to SARB feed (N10,000) and I feed them 3 times daily.
They are eating 1 bag in 3 days right now, it is still expensive. I am feeding them 3mm, about to move to 4mm.
Please house, kindly assist with the following concerns:
1. I want to swap to Nigerian feed and I have been hearing a lot about Vital feed in this forum but its not readily available here. Is Topfeed a good or better option?
2. I want to start feeding them twice a day, is this okay? If it is okay, what times shd the feeding be done.
3. I heard someone talking about weighing the quantity of feed before giving to the feed, pls what is ur advice on this?
4. Currently my workers use their hands while sorting the fish, is this a good practice or there is a better way.
I am in Uyo/Eket in Akwa Ibom state, is there anyone in this forum who has a farm around me? I would love to learn from that person practically.
I will very much appreciate any advice or contribution.
this was the mistake I made..See what I can tell u feed them with more of foreign feed when dey are small so they can have growth ,,if u are looking for cheap way later u will notice that the fishes are not growing ,use allergies aqua 2mm and 3mm for like 2 months then when the fishes are like 4 months give them 4mm till 5 months before u give them Nigerian feed 6mm ,1 month before u sell give them 9mm for weight ..See don't say u want to save cost and end up having fishes that won't grow. For a start use allergies aqua 2gr it is 8500,then if u see it is too small for then buy the 2mm bag then observe the fishes ..When the 2mm is getting too small for them buy 3mm make sure u follow what I said

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 18, 2017
jksxxxx:
this was the mistake I made..See what I can tell u feed them with more of foreign feed when dey are small so they can have growth ,,if u are looking for cheap way later u will notice that the fishes are not growing ,use allergies aqua 2mm and 3mm for like 2 months then when the fishes are like 4 months give them 4mm till 5 months before u give them Nigerian feed 6mm ,1 month before u sell give them 9mm for weight ..See don't say u want to save cost and end up having fishes that won't grow. For a start use allergies aqua 2gr it is 8500,then if u see it is too small for then buy the 2mm bag then observe the fishes ..When the 2mm is getting too small for them buy 3mm make sure u follow what I said

*aller aqua*
Auto correct ish I guess
I love the feed also

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Etranshub(m): 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
Good news to all fish processor and prospective fish processors. We are giving a whooping 15% discount this Easter period on our smoking kilns ranging from our 100kg to 500kg designs.

Offer starts from the 11th of April and will end by the 11th of May.

Note : this offer is applicable to our January product catalogue price list only in case you have it already and if you do not have it,kindly send an email to olowaolugbenga@gmail.com or call Michael On 08167488947.

HURRY WHILE OFFER LAST!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81fUinurr1M
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Kneyo:

Thanks bro. ..i appreciate.

You are welcome.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dking123: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2017
oscarvicto:

no, it doesnt. works with a monocrystalline solar panel
How much?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by uyijob: 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
Please add me to the WhatsApp group. 07034623865
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
cyberprof:
Please I am a 300l student Of Agric-economics And I don't want to start looking for job that there is not when am through instead I want to venture into fish farming. I have downloaded a lot of videos about it with the aim of preparing myself but I need a master to train under. I would like to do my IT in a catfish farm where I can learn everything I need (I can even learn now because my school is always on strike (Lautech)) Here is my whatsapp contact -08037751395. Ples help me

Are u based in Lagos?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2017
dking123:
How much?

[quote author=oscarvicto post=55577276][/quote]

How much is it?
Can we see pictures ?
What are the specs? (capacity)

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Afollyshade(f): 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Good evening everybody o. Please my husband started the fish farming buisness early this year. We stocked in 1100pcs in a single pond(earthen) but my first question is they don't look much when we are feeding them. Is it that not all of them are coming out. We av only one pond for now we would av counted them. they are 3months old nd eats sinking pellets.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Trudy12(f): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
Afollyshade:
Good evening everybody o. Please my husband started the fish farming buisness early this year. We stocked in 1100pcs in a single pond(earthen) but my first question is they don't look much when we are feeding them. Is it that not all of them are coming out. We av only one pond for now we would av counted them. they are 3months old nd eats sinking pellets.

Buy floating feed to check them (maybe 5kg).. it is hard guessing the numbers when you are feeding with sinking pellets
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Afollyshade(f): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
okay thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ateboh: 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
if it drainage issue,there is solution if that is what will prevent stoppage of the business
Pls sir what is d solution to drainage problem? Wahala wt neighbours already. Note that Im base in warri where we have water on d ground. Can ds drilled 4inch pipe accomodate ds plenty water frm my ponds? Tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olaolu89(m): 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
Thanks alot to everyone who showed concern nd advice. I finally achieve success with my fries, the mortality was caused by the feed I was using. I was told to start directly with German wean 0.2 by the consultant I called. And I did my first sorting yesterday as I have some at fingerling stage already after 2 weeks 5 days.They are responding rapidly now. Am highly grateful for the assistance, God bless everyone nd the OP.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KofoBams: 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Am into poultry farm, I have PS pullets and Broilers,
I do my hatching at Obasanjo Hatchery in Ibadan.
If you need day old Pullet or Cockerel I can supply them
to you at no extra cost, provided you are within 100 KM from Ibadan.
Contact No 07054012835
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by 35000tons: 9:31am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello friends, intend going into "MELANGE" FISH FARMING. But I want to process/dry the fish myself before selling. I reckoned that that will be more profitable. Can any experienced farmer confirm my belief?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tetronappa: 9:48am On Apr 21, 2017
Please admin add me to the WhatsApp group my number is 07037254108
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by egwue: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello friend,

Does anyone know where I can buy catfish fingerlings around Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt. I will be stocking my pond in May at the location I mentioned and will appreciate any useful information.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.