Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1492201 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquadude15: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
akpobo2k:
Hello guys, I opened a 1.5mm Coppens bag and found it looking like this...Is it still edible for the fishes?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquadude15: 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
dking123:
After several attempts to get Robonski15 to either teach me hatchery or recommend any of his trusted friends to me failed, i watched some hatching videos online and decided to try it. Well it was a huge failure. I carefully followed the procedure, first i bought two male and one female brood stuck from an old farmer (that does not hatch )one male died before the procedure so i bought another one, i was able to get the pituitary gland, which i injected into the female in a saline solution ,this was done at about 10 am, by 6pm i extracted the eggs from the female(millions of eggs.) when i tested my water ph. It was 9.1 even when i had added sodium carbonate the previous evening, i decide to divide the eggs into two, one half i used the 9.1 ph water, the other half i used 7.5 ph water, at the end of the day, there was no life in any of the two.
Hatching isnt a child play. its better you attend an intensive training to avoid wasting your hard earn money
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tunneryman: 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
Please help me out

tunneryman:
Good day everyone. I need your help to identify the type of infection on my fish and how to treat it.

Please help me out.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
tunneryman:
Please help me out

When did you start noticing this on the fish? Are they still active or have you recorded some deaths?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
edyken001:
Please fish farmers in the house am a final year student , really interested in learning fish farming would love if any one can teach me,, am ready to work.. Just drop your number or email I can use to contact you,,, thanks

Where is your location
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by edyken001: 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ttalk:

Where is your location
Lagos surulere
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
dking123:
After several attempts to get Robonski15 to either teach me hatchery or recommend any of his trusted friends to me failed, i watched some hatching videos online and decided to try it. Well it was a huge failure. I carefully followed the procedure, first i bought two male and one female brood stuck from an old farmer (that does not hatch )one male died before the procedure so i bought another one, i was able to get the pituitary gland, which i injected into the female in a saline solution ,this was done at about 10 am, by 6pm i extracted the eggs from the female(millions of eggs.) when i tested my water ph. It was 9.1 even when i had added sodium carbonate the previous evening, i decide to divide the eggs into two, one half i used the 9.1 ph water, the other half i used 7.5 ph water, at the end of the day, there was no life in any of the two. what went wrong?

There could be soo many things wrong apart from your water.
1. The maturity of the male and female broot
2.Latency period of injected female before. Stripping
3. Operation period which should not be more than ten minutes
4. Protection of sperm from direct contact with ordinary water
4. Placement of spawning vat for effective ovygenisation
5 Quality of water into the vat
6. Level of oxygen in your vat during incubation
7 Temperature and a whole lot of other things the video would not tell you. If you are aroud Abuja you can come over for free practical next weekend or I wiil do short video of my next spawning and send to you on whasapp

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by orenteasa(f): 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
I want say thank you to off Rob for opening this trend, special thanks to oga adeymorla, he took out his time to answer my questions ,even called with his airtime and give me tips on how to manage the situation, I pray they work, and to everyone that has get this trend going, God will bless you all. I shall be giving us feed back on the development.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by edyken001: 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ttalk:

7 Temperature and a whole lot of other things the video would not tell you. If you are aroud Abuja you can come over for free practical next weekend or I wiil do short video of my next spawning and send to you on whasapp
i will need the video too my number 08135372833
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 6:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
edyken001:
Lagos surulere

WhatsApp me on 08171373772
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dking123: 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ttalk:

7 Temperature and a whole lot of other things the video would not tell you. If you are aroud Abuja you can come over for free practical next weekend or I will do short video of my next spawning and send to you on whasapp
Thank you so much my brother,i will grab this offer with both hands, i am in Nsukka Enugu state, but i don't mind coming to Abuja. pls whatsapp me.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
Good day to err body in this thread
My question goes to the gurus in the house
1...how many bags of feed do u need to feed 1000 fingerling to maturity (1kg and above)
2...is livestovit good to reduce stress of fish wen sorting
3...does livestovit give d fishes appetite

Thank you all
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
duullie88:
Good day to err body in this thread
My question goes to the gurus in the house
1...how many bags of feed do u need to feed 1000 fingerling to maturity (1kg and above)
2...is livestovit good to reduce stress of fish wen sorting
3...does livestovit give d fishes appetite

Thank you all

It could range between 60 and 75bags of15kg. But that is not a guarrantee that your fish would attain average of 1kg what guarantee that is how you are able to apply your management skill to attain lower FCR.

Why do want to apply livetovis when there is enough stimulant in your feed. Seriously, I only recommend such at first 2 weeks after stocking and when your fish is recovering from aliment. As for stress its better to deal with what brings about stress by preventing stress rather than treating stress. If you want to boost your fish feeding rate., you train your fish to eat more. There is no point using multivitamins when you still under feed your fish

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ttalk:

It could range between 60 and 75bags of15kg. But that is not a guarrantee that your fish would attain average of 1kg what guarantee that is how you are able to apply your management skill to attain lower FCR.

Why do want to apply livetovis when there is enough stimulant in your feed. Seriously, I only recommend such at first 2 weeks after stocking and when your fish is recovering from aliment. As for stress its better to deal with what brings about stress by preventing stress rather than treating stress. If you want to boost your fish feeding rate., you train your fish to eat more. There is no point using multivitamins when you still under feed your fish

All I really want to know is don't fish get stressed after sorting moving from one pond to another. .
What is ur calculation for feeding one fish to maturity
Tanx for d quick response
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 4:07am On Jun 05, 2017
duullie88:

All I really want to know is don't fish get stressed after sorting moving from one pond to another. .
What is ur calculation for feeding one fish to maturity
Tanx for d quick response

Fish do get stressed after sorting but the stress can be reduced if you sort your fish the best way. Common salt can relief the fish from stress and your fish becomes active in less than 2hours when you sort the right way.
Budget 400 per kg, it could be less
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tunneryman: 9:00am On Jun 05, 2017
Adeymorla:

When did you start noticing this on the fish? Are they still active or have you recorded some deaths?

I noticed it last week Tuesday and i have not recorded any death
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 10:13am On Jun 05, 2017
tunneryman:

I noticed it last week Tuesday and i have not recorded any death

You may need to check your water and feed quality. Which kind of formulation do you use?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by egoldi01: 5:19am On Jun 06, 2017
Please gurus in the house, how many fish can be comfortably raised to table size in an earthen pond of 30m by 52m with depth of about 3ft.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 5:20am On Jun 06, 2017
Ttalk:

Fish do get stressed after sorting but the stress can be reduced if you sort your fish the best way. Common salt can relief the fish from stress and your fish becomes active in less than 2hours when you sort the right way.
Budget 400 per kg, it could be less

Thanks for all quick response. . More blessing and opportunities to u sir
Have heard of plastics used to sort, pls is it readily available in Nigeria and how effective are they
THANKS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mikess: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Wow, very educative thread . Thank u all.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Samojo4real(m): 11:09am On Jun 06, 2017
hello good morning. please I'll need contact on where I could get tarpulin tanks. please make una help a brother
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
dking123:
After several attempts to get Robonski15 to either teach me hatchery or recommend any of his trusted friends to me failed, i watched some hatching videos online and decided to try it. Well it was a huge failure. I carefully followed the procedure, first i bought two male and one female brood stuck from an old farmer (that does not hatch )one male died before the procedure so i bought another one, i was able to get the pituitary gland, which i injected into the female in a saline solution ,this was done at about 10 am, by 6pm i extracted the eggs from the female(millions of eggs.) when i tested my water ph. It was 9.1 even when i had added sodium carbonate the previous evening, i decide to divide the eggs into two, one half i used the 9.1 ph water, the other half i used 7.5 ph water, at the end of the day, there was no life in any of the two. what went wrong?
if u are around delta state, I can put u through...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mikess: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Pls what feed will u recommend I feed my fries with. Does and don't for fries. Thanks !
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 6:55am On Jun 07, 2017
oven dried catfish is available at wholesale prices

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Toosweet19(f): 10:52am On Jun 07, 2017
Ttalk:

Please I am in Abuja and need your help.. I sent you and email pls kindly reply me with your number so I can call you. Thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by 30card(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
Please house can someone give an estimate of what it will cost to raise 2000 fingerings for 4 months. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by daolielgs: 3:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
Please experts in the house, is there anything I can do to prevent the fertilised eggs from turning white (dying) about 6 hours after fertilisation? I'm a Corper that just fairly learnt hatching of catfish fries and currently the number of eggs that have turned white is about 40-50% of the whole after 6 hours. I checked at 4 hours and this was not up to this percentage (just about 20% at 4 hours after fertilisation).
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
daolielgs:
Please experts in the house, is there anything I can do to prevent the fertilised eggs from turning white (dying) about 6 hours after fertilisation? I'm a Corper that just fairly learnt hatching of catfish fries and currently the number of eggs that have turned white is about 40-50% of the whole after 6 hours. I checked at 4 hours and this was not up to this percentage (just about 20% at 4 hours after fertilisation).

Maybe majority of your egg do not fertilize. Please hatching is not something you learn fairly, it is business that required attention to details. Seek proper knowledge even if its going to cost you rather than wasting so much resources.
Observe the following
Oxygen level
Temperature
pH level

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by daolielgs: 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
Thanks a lot. I'll follow your advice. I definitely need an intensive training on hatching. Thanks for the quick reply too.
Ttalk:

Maybe majority of your egg do not fertilise. Please hatching is not something you learn fairly, it is business that required attention to details. Seek proper knowledge even if its going to cost you rather than wasting so much resouces.
Observe the following
Oxygen level
Temperature
pH level
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dking123: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
playbrain1089:
if u are around delta state, I can put u through...
i dont mind traveling, which part of Delta?

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.